• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

Stayed up until 3:50am for that sneaky Dark Knight announcement. Totally worth it. Looking forward to the live letter tomorrow now, hope we get some decent info

Cetra

I really hope the next fan fest has Q&A sessions and less focus on "welcome to day at my job" for the panels. Dont get me wrong I've enjoyed it, I would just like some mor fan interaction and some meaty conversation insead of fluff.

gryvan

oh man you're posting so much it's like you're on a working computer

Well I am using a computer but it doesn't have any GPU capabilities :x
Also gotta get that member status!!!!!!!!!

More like drk dps, who is this junior!

its that dota nublet!!!

we have a tank spot in our coil group btw

very talented players

come back to me gryvan.

Soon~ mid-November

I promise D:

Its not like that time it took me a month to get a mic~

docbon

Well I am using a computer but it doesn't have any GPU capabilities :x
Also gotta get that member status!!!!!!!!!

its that dota nublet!!!

Soon~ mid-November

I promise D:

Its not like that time it took me a month to get a mic~

Sorry broseph, can't wait that long. Maybe we'll have a spot after the next round of in-FC static poaching.

edit: yeah i said it. fuck team oyama.
Ga8bnnH.png

Kenai

Either SAM or DRK is gonna be a tank for sure now if they are coming at the same time, no way in hell they are releasing 2 more melee DPS so close to NIN.

Wonder which...maybe even both? Hmm...

kierwynn

hey now we've been working on kidnapping gravy when he returns for a few weeks now!

Also the guys on the stream who don't seem to really know what is going on are cracking me up.

WolvenOne

So Dark Knight

Probably a DPS class.

Probably can sacrifice HP to do special moves.

If a lot of their moveset is like this, excellent healers will be an absolute necessity for them to do high DPS.

If Gladiator is one of their base classes, I have no idea what they'll do with all those defensive CDs. Maybe use them to mitigate HP costs so they can DPS more?

Oh well, guess there isn't much point in speculating beyond this, yet.

apparently they said atma rate was getting adjusted. and with the expansion coming out so soon they might give us new relics, as soon i finish getting 44/44 critical hit rate i just gonna skip tier 4 determination and put random junk in it. i just lost incentive for some reason.

edit: so we're getting samurai(which yoshi confirmed two years ago when 1.0 got shutdown.) dark knight, and musketeer? no red mage? damn!

edit: so we're getting samurai(which yoshi confirmed two years ago when 1.0 got shutdown.) dark knight, and musketeer? no red mage? damn!

They aren't about to leave healers out to dry, they will likely either get time mage or red mage and then the new ranged will be musketeer. I honestly think people are overthinking the sound files that showed Samurai and we aren't getting it right away and they'll make dark knight the new tank, really don't see 4 new classes when the expac launches, especially not another melee since we're getting one here soon.

SkyOdin

Machinist -> Muskateer Makes sense.

I think the opposite is more likely. Muskateer (based out of the Coral Tower) to give the basic gun skills, then Machinist as the Job to put a spin on it. However, I think some form of Chemist or Medic is just as likely, giving the Muskateer a healing Job. It is kind of hard to find any gun using Job in the Final Fantasy series that isn't some sort of healer or have a support focus.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think the opposite is more likely. Muskateer (based out of the Coral Tower) to give the basic gun skills, then Machinist as the Job to put a spin on it. However, I think some form of Chemist or Medic is just as likely, giving the Muskateer a healing Job. It is kind of hard to find any gun using Job in the Final Fantasy series that isn't some sort of healer or have a support focus.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Machinist_(Final_Fantasy_XII)

Wilsongt

Mustadio wasn't a support class and he was a Machinist. Chemist just used guns. That's it.

Perhaps it won't even be Musketeer. It may be another job entirely that's more common in FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom