• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Did they do some kind of purge on inactive Free Companies? After logging in, I'm no longer a part of one I created with some friends back at ARR launch and played for a few months (checked on the Lodestone and it seems they're no longer members either).
I don't think so, it's possible that the FC leader disbanded the FC after a while. There was never any mention of inactive FC purges in any patch notes since then.

LaneDS

I don't think so, it's possible that the FC leader disbanded the FC after a while. There was never any mention of inactive FC purges in any patch notes since then.

I was the FC leader, so I'm extra perplexed. Last time I subbed was about a year ago (have always had an authenticator too). I submitted a "bug" through the support center but I have a feeling it's all going to be lost which actually kills a lot of my enthusiasm for the game.

Jomjom

Banned
K0s0GVf.jpg

The dev team freaked out because they had never seen one of these for some reason. That was a lot of fun seeing them reacting and pretending to be afraid to sign it.

dcye

I was the FC leader, so I'm extra perplexed. Last time I subbed was about a year ago (have always had an authenticator too). I submitted a "bug" through the support center but I have a feeling it's all going to be lost which actually kills a lot of my enthusiasm for the game.

After a certain amount of inactive days the lead of an FC is changed to the next most senior person.

scy

They'll talk about it at Fan Fest London. They already dropped too many bombs on the Americans.

Please look forward to it.

There's this delusional part of me that wants to believe that London will be more expansion focused so 2.4 releases this coming week instead.

I like being delusional.

Valor

There's this delusional part of me that wants to believe that London will be more expansion focused so 2.4 releases this coming week instead.

I like being delusional.

I think this isn't too far of a stretch, to be honest. Aside from 2.4 releasing this week. I definitely think it'll be after London, but I also think London will be expansion focused, primarily. We'll find out soon enough, though.

aceface

After a certain amount of inactive days the lead of an FC is changed to the next most senior person.

Yeah this is what happened. If the FC master is inactive for a certain amount of days (it's either 30 or 60, I can't remember) , leadership is automatically passed to the most active person. The person who became FC master must have disbanded it.

Looking forward to Soken's musical performance w/his band at the Closing ceremony tonight!

aceface

Hmm... As a lvl 50 SMN I should know this but does Bio 2 not overwrite Bio 1 and same for Miasma 2...

Noooo they do not overwrite...always put up Bio 1 and Bio 2. Miasma 2 is less important, don't use it on bosses or single enemies but it is ok on big groups of mobs.

Stuart444

Noooo they do not overwrite...always put up Bio 1 and Bio 2. Miasma 2 is less important, don't use it on bosses or single enemies but it is ok on big groups of mobs.

Indeed, one of the first things I learned while leveling my Arcanist -> SCH/SMN was to use Bio II -> Miasma -> Bio and then Bane (for groups of enemies at least).

I hardly use Miasma II but it does have it's uses. Like on the last boss of Bray HM with the bombs

Indeed, one of the first things I learned while leveling my Arcanist -> SCH/SMN was to use Bio II -> Miasma -> Bio and then Bane (for groups of enemies at least).

I hardly use Miasma II but it does have it's uses. Like on the last boss of Bray HM with the bombs

Annnnnnd you can always throw up Miasma 2 on a boss when you have Contagion available.

scy

I think a Contagion'd Miasma beats out the single Ruin it would replace, though the MP cost comes to question here potentially (though, if it's the opener, you're Aetherflowing soon-ish anyway).

If nothing else, a good excuse to get into melee range for book smacks.

zeitgeist

Oh interesting. I forgot Miasma 2 is AOE when I posted, I pretty much never use that but I'll put Bio 1 back in rotation.

Thanks!

BadRNG

Hey man, gotta my puns sharp, if I'm gonna use them against Nael.
I can speak from experience and say puns don't hurt Nael, they only make her stronger.

Damn it Makoto

Oh interesting. I forgot Miasma 2 is AOE when I posted, I pretty much never use that but I'll put Bio 1 back in rotation.

Thanks!
Bio 2 > Miasma > Bio > ruin/fester/dot upkeep is idea.

Bio is great on short lived mobs too since it has shortest duration, better chance to tick for full.

Wilsongt

This better more than just a 2.4 live letter. We already know most of the big things that are coming. I hope it's just not all silly Q and A...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom