• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyOdin

Gutted, featureless, identity-less jobs hacked together out of a terrible character progression system don't count. :p

Seriously though, fully built Jobs that use guns tend to take one of three general archetypes in the Final Fantasy series:

1) A Job that uses a variety of special bullets and special shots. These tend to include a lot of elemental attacks, status ailments, and or damage ignoring attacks. Examples: Mustadio, FFX-2 Gunner, Irvine, FFTA Gunner, and FFVA Cannoneer.

2) Classes that use a lot of ranged potion use: either throwing potions or shooting cure bullets at people. Examples: FFT Chemist, FFX-2 Alchemist, FFTA2 Flintlock and Cannoneer.

3) Classes that are principally support focused, using a lot of buffing and debuffing. Examples: the FFT Mediator, the Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Machinist (with its access to Time Magick), and the FFXI Corsair (if you count the Hexa-guns, since they actually use knives as their actually weapon, I think).

Now, the Machinist was used as a gun using class exactly twice: in FFT and FFXII Zodiac Job edition. In FFIV, Cid used a hammer. In FFTA and FFTA2, the Gadgeteer and Tinker classes used knuckles. However, the Tinker and Gadgeteer from FFTA and FFTA2 used similar luck-based buffing mechanics to the coin-flipping the Corsair uses in FFXI, so a connection might be seen there, though they are also thematically more similar to the FFXI Puppetmaster.

Anyways, I am expecting the Musketeer base class to have two different jobs, one of which is likely to be a healer, while the other is likely to be a support-oriented DPS, similar to the Bard. Chemist, Machinist, and Corsair are all likely candidates to be one of those two Jobs.

Resilient

ehhhhhhhhhhh may be a bad time to ask this what with the announcements coming.

But I'm thinking of resubbing and playing lightly..(Axel October).

Is the Ultros FC full? Last time I played, I had my Atma weapon and a book, and couldn't clear Titan EM. I have a better connection now, and the new patch + expansion has me thirsty.

What's the activity level like atm? Are there many players around the level I am, or is everybody at end game waiting for things to do?

I really miss Ultros FC. But I'm tossing up whether I should server swap to Tonberry to play with more Aussie people and try and make some friends.

Hoping someone could shed some light :) I miss all you guys!!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It's gonna be a busy first few weeks recapping all my crafting and gathering classes when the expansion hits. XD

Ken

Is the Ultros FC full? Last time I played, I had my Atma weapon and a book, and couldn't clear Titan EM. I have a better connection now, and the new patch + expansion has me thirsty.

What's the activity level like atm? Are there many players around the level I am, or is everybody at end game waiting for things to do?

I really miss Ultros FC. But I'm tossing up whether I should server swap to Tonberry to play with more Aussie people and try and make some friends.

No.

The latter.

Honestly Tonberry might be better for you since Ultros is kind of slow when it's prime time for you.

chrono01

We're still active, although a good number of us [myself included] don't appear in-game as much right now, since I'm generally done my raid for the week in a matter of an hour and have nothing else to do [unless you're one of those that love alternate classes]. I'm sure 2.4 will rekindle a lot of that passion/love, though. I know I'm super-excited for it. It'll be nice to have new raid content to work through again.

As far as I know, we're still happily accepting both new and past/returning members. We welcome you.

Edit - I didn't know about the "primetime" issue Ken mentioned above. Things on that matter didn't seem to improve much, the server is pretty dead late-evening, although as I mentioned prior, maybe 2.4 will fix that. Maybe.

Qvoth

if you're aussie, i really recommend you coming to tonberry
english community here is huge
pretty sure ping wise it'll be easier as well

Resilient

No.

The latter.

Honestly Tonberry might be better for you since Ultros is kind of slow when it's prime time for you.

We're still active, although a good number of us [myself included] don't appear in-game as much right now, since I'm generally done my raid for the week in a matter of an hour and have nothing else to do [unless you're one of those that love alternate classes]. I'm sure 2.4 will rekindle a lot of that passion/love, though. I know I'm super-excited for it. It'll be nice to have new raid content to work through again.

As far as I know, we're still happily accepting both new and past/returning members. We welcome you.

Edit - I didn't know about the "primetime" issue Ken mentioned above. Things on that matter didn't seem to improve much, the server is pretty dead late-evening, although as I mentioned prior, maybe 2.4 will fix that. Maybe.

yeah, Ken was there at the end of my last sub when it was a ghost town, purely because of the time I was logging in to play. It made it tough. There were always people willing to play on the weekend tho. Maybe I will have to server swap ;-;

Ken, are you still playing Destiny tho?

if you're aussie, i really recommend you coming to tonberry
english community here is huge
pretty sure ping wise it'll be easier as well

Seems I'm gonna head this way. What FC are you in, are there many other Gaf ppl on Tonberry, and how is the ping? I've bumped onto Fibre now (thank you based NBN) so plumes shouldn't be an issue any longer..

Raijinken

9SbsK8N.jpg
G4iyffw.jpg

The wait is killing me. I was really hoping they would open the place up in 2.4 or 2.5 at least.

spiritfox

yeah, Ken was there at the end of my last sub when it was a ghost town, purely because of the time I was logging in to play. It made it tough. There were always people willing to play on the weekend tho. Maybe I will have to server swap ;-;

Ken, are you still playing Destiny tho?

Seems I'm gonna head this way. What FC are you in, are there many other Gaf ppl on Tonberry, and how is the ping? I've bumped onto Fibre now (thank you based NBN) so plumes shouldn't be an issue any longer..

I'm on Tonberry, but there isn't a GAF guild here.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If anyone is attending any Q&As at the Fanfest, please ask if we can please enable size scaling for the main dialog bubble?! It's like the only piece of the UI you can not scale. Also, ask them to start adding more scaling options for 4K resolutions. =)

Thanks.

Edit: Oh and options to allow us to save our UI layouts to apply for multiple characters! ><

Did they ever explain why Ishgard is always fighting dragons?

Because the dragons wake up every now and then and devour everything around so they defend themselves. At least that's more or less what's explained in the Dragoon questline as far as I remember. I guess they could just move away but then the dragons would just follow I suppose.

Anyone know if Mogstation has a problem with prepaid or gift Visas? Going to resub sometime next week, but UltimateGameCard shut down and I don't see a PayPal option anymore.

BadRNG

I am so glad so many bombs are dropping. The last few months have been very underwhelming. :eek:
Fanfest has been pretty underwhelming to me thus far, but then I was expecting information beyond what we already knew. I broke my "don't get hyped/expect anything from them" rule and am paying for it. Maybe they are intentionally drawing it out so each region's fanfest has something to show off, but that feels like a lame PR move (one that is apparently working given how people are flipping out over reveals containing almost nothing)

Hopefully the job information next week is good and not 5 seconds of artwork and that's it.

Anyone know if Mogstation has a problem with prepaid or gift Visas? Going to resub sometime next week, but UltimateGameCard shut down and I don't see a PayPal option anymore.
I don't think you can do it directly on Mogstation, but they have 60 digital time cards you can buy off the SE store now.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The same person who made the god tier Ultima's Bane designed SCOB.
I... I can't.
Mr D why.

On the other hand these kinda share the love for hard phase shifts.

iammeiam

So a smart atma-gathering person, upon hearing Atma drop rates are being nerfed in 2.4, would immediately cease all atma farming and then not start again a couple hours later.

A smart person would probably also not be farming atma for a class that doesn't exist yet and that they might not actually ever play to the point of needing atma.

I am not a smart person.
Que01so.jpg

They really need to make level sync not drop cleric stance.

ReaperXL7

Ok so when changing my chocobos color do I have to feed it one fruit and then wait 6 hours for it to change color before feeding again, or can I feed it all of the fruit fir my desired color at once?

Roxas

I hope the Gold Saucer makes it in 2.5. Triple Triad and chocobo Racing would mean i will never leave that place. Ever.

Zomba13

Welp, my recolouring didn't work. Went from Coral Pink to Grape Purple instead of Soot Black. I need 2 × Berries, 3 × Apples, 5 × Pears according to the chocobo calculator.

When feeding the first batch a bunch of the feed didn't get me the message about new feathers =/

Qvoth

i'm in elvellon, as far as i know i'm the only gaf in tonberry
our fc's quite hardcore, sorry

ping wise you should try pinging this ip 202.67.53.202
that's the japanese data centre's ip, unless they changed it

LaneDS

Did they do some kind of purge on inactive Free Companies? After logging in, I'm no longer a part of one I created with some friends back at ARR launch and played for a few months (checked on the Lodestone and it seems they're no longer members either).

aceface

Rewatching the Development panel now...It's nice to know that the Battle Director for the game feels the same way as I do about atmas (his words: "if the drop rate is that low there's no point in doing it"). I blame YoshiP and his love of RNG.

Valor

Mustadio wasn't a support class and he was a Machinist. Chemist just used guns. That's it.
Mustadio wasn't much of anything in his base class. Barely had any skills, and his damage output was minimal because guns are wonky as shit as in Tactics. I would consider him "support" over "dps" though, hands down.

Gonna have to go watch this development panel and see this phantom Dark Knight drop people are going on about. I know how I would design a Dark Knight, but I doubt they'd end up making him like it :<

Also, Musketeer would imply him using a rifle, since a musket is... a rifle. The plaque in the MRD guild has akimbo pistols, man. Pistolero, come on down~ Also the abbreviation could be PIS.

Eldren

Mustadio wasn't much of anything in his base class. Barely had any skills, and his damage output was minimal because guns are wonky as shit as in Tactics. I would consider him "support" over "dps" though, hands down.

Gonna have to go watch this development panel and see this phantom Dark Knight drop people are going on about. I know how I would design a Dark Knight, but I doubt they'd end up making him like it :<

Also, Musketeer would imply him using a rifle, since a musket is... a rifle. The plaque in the MRD guild has akimbo pistols, man. Pistolero, come on down~ Also the abbreviation could be PIS.

The pause when everyone is deciphering what he means is so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom