• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have gave Xande some different boss music instead of going with the same one from Acheron.

EDIT: And the Hildebrand questline was hilarious as usual...this next one comping up looks really exciting based off the teases we got.

klee123

Are you making fun of the fact we haven't cleared yet? If so, not cool. We're making progress. It's tough content!

The High Allagan stuff is still exclusive to Second coil though and for many classes, they are still BiS.

If Square keeps keeps the lvl 110 gear out of reach for casuals for too long, they'll lose interest.

klee123

Actually quite a bit of unweathered armor can be bis too (like the noct lorica for tanks).

Yeah, I know Tanks benefit from the soldiery stuff more than other classes, since I main as PLD and Bard.

Most of Bard's soldiery stuff is pretty crap though

klee123

Thankfully.

I do agree that the stuff you get from Coil should be the best of the best.

In a sense, the devs were smart to implement a Weathered version of armor to ensure that casuals won't get gear comparable to people who raid second coil straight away.

I lucked out super hardcore this time around though. Only piece I am missing from 6-8 is the neck piece and 9 holds the weapon and chest.

While I do agree that the absolute best gear should come from Coil, that still leaves you at the mercy of the game's RNG, which can be pretty darn cruel. And I remember a certain BRD having issues with first Coil's RNG...

At least they should fix the itemization for some of the equipment so while it may not be the absolute best, it's still a decent enough alternative, as opposed to just being plain bad and not worth it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
While I do agree that the absolute best gear should come from Coil, that still leaves you at the mercy of the game's RNG, which can be pretty darn cruel. And I remember a certain BRD having issues with first Coil's RNG...

At least they should fix the itemization for some of the equipment so while it may not be the absolute best, it's still a decent enough alternative, as opposed to just being plain bad and not worth it.

Luckily then, most of my best stuff didn't come from coil.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, I just hit 40 as WAR and got Unchained. What's the best way to make use of the ability? Is it to help with tank swaps or something what with the upped damage and threat that it gives?

Tabris

This game is hardcore making up for my bad 2nd coil RNG. I've now had 3 blood-soaked hunt logs drop for me. And earned 550 total allied seals. I'm 200 away from my 2nd sands of time.

Give it 2 weeks and everyone will be jacked up with unweathered gear.

Oh, and I got enough myth for 3 alex maps from this.

So make that unweathered and novus'

Taruranto

uzcmo4U.jpg

oVdu4gu.jpg

Spawned in Mor Dhora zone a while ago, was actually very good, he had a debuff which made him repel psychical attacks and did massive damage, so people actually couldn't zerg it to death in 5 seconds (the group who found him first even wiped and had to wait for more people to show in)

Funny how they introduced a system that is far far more productive for earning tomes despite the fact that they keep trying to get people to run dungeons more often. My only mistake was not joining a FC party, you get nothing doing the Hunts on your own...or very little.

MechaX

Huh. This Hunt system is just really, really strange for me.

I haven't actually seen a mark yet, but observing from the outside in, I'm kinda confused on why the S-Rank ones die so quickly. It's like the early September days of Odin/Behemoth/Svara/etc in terms of "I can't see shit Cap'n" only they die in 20 seconds as opposed to a minute or two.

But the people who are getting the seals are apparently rolling in them (and Sands).

Teknoman

They should have gave Xande some different boss music instead of going with the same one from Acheron.

EDIT: And the Hildebrand questline was hilarious as usual...this next one comping up looks really exciting based off the teases we got.

What other music could he have though? Unless it was a different FF3 boss remix.

Also hunts can really burn people up.

dwix

Knocked out TTD Hard Mode and Hullbreaker. The final boss in Hullbreaker was fun once we figured it out, and the TTD HM story was great.

Dat final cutscene.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm really enjoying the hunts and frontlines (when I can get in). Almost capped Soldiery for the week & hit the Myth ceiling without having to step foot into any dungeon. Can't wait till tomorrows frontlines fix so I can actually get into more matches.

klee123

Wow, sands flowing like water. I think they made a mistake by making it this easy.

Yeah, it certainly explains why df for the new dungeons and expert roulette is practically dead.

I joined a random party and did hunts for like an hour and I already got like 180 seals and nearly capped my soldieries for the week (did a few dungeons earlier).

Expect df to be completely dead besides for CT2 and primals for lvl 50s.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, it certainly explains why df for the new dungeons and expert roulette is practically dead.

I joined a random party and did hunts for like an hour and I already got like 180 seals and nearly capped my soldieries for the week (did a few dungeons earlier).

Expect df to be completely dead besides for CT2 and primals for lvl 50s.

Yep and that in itself is also a problem. I can definitely see them making adjustments very soon.

iammeiam

I'm not even doing hunts yet and I already have way the hell too much myth from the boosted DF rewards. I'm on animus book 3 still, and wound up buying one of the novus inks to burn some myth.

But I definitely did notice a change in roulette yesterday--I queue trial roulette a lot because I legitimately enjoy most of the HM primals, and wound up getting Ifrit twice yesterday. Based on the HP of the rest of the parties alone, it's obvious most of the geared people have moved on. Makes for more tense fights, though, so I guess there's that.

I hope they don't patch out welfare sands and oil accessibility before the weekend; as a member of Eorzea's 99%, I too wish to devalue the achievments of the hard working coil-beating 1%. I just need to have time to devote to hunts.

CLBridges

Day two of new content and people on my server expect folks to know mechanics or read about them smh. So many rage quits I've seen in CT2 lol. Oh, and the PF I saw for Ramuh X "Don't join if you haven't made it to phase two/adds. At least give it a week b/f turning on the "elite" switch.

And, I'm seeing posts on different forums of people complaining about Sands/Oils drops for casuals. How in any way does this put a damper on your enjoyment of the game and progression? All I can do is once again smh.

kind of confused on the hunting. so basically hunting boards are bonuses and i can get allied seals for any nm that aren't on the weekly kill list?

edit: i understand now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom