• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me what's wrong with this statement?

/crosshotbar copy ARC 1 ARC 4

I've been trying to figure this out for 2 hours now and nothing works. I also tried ACN but that did nothing. There's no error message as well, it just refuses to copy the bar over.

Can anyone explain to me what's wrong with this statement?

I've been trying to figure this out for 2 hours now and nothing works. I also tried ACN but that did nothing. There's no error message as well, it just refuses to copy the bar over.

You tried with Archer instead of ARC? But yeah don't know, should work fine. Maybe something to do with your config of the cross hotbar that prevents from switching.

You tried with Archer instead of ARC? But yeah don't know, should work fine. Maybe something to do with your config of the cross hotbar that prevents from switching.

Turns out I did 2 things wrong.

1. Using ARC instead of ACN.

2. Using uppercase for ACN instead of "acn".

After I figured that out it worked fine.

So "/crosshotbar copy acn 4 acn 1" to copy arcanist bar 4 to arcanist bar 1.

WolvenOne

Well there was Cecil. How many DRK have there been in FF history anyway? Cecil, Zeid... I forget the games that featured it in job system alone. I really hope they aren't a tank though, but I know Samurai or Dark Knight would have to be one. I guess it would feel like tanking as either Warrior or Paladin, choosing best for the job, or if 2 are needed, whoever has best synergy

I'd love actual danger in overworld areas.

Cecil's the best known one, also, there was one in FF2, and a few in FF Tactics.

Also the Dark Knight skills show up in other Final Fantasy games.

BadRNG

I really hope they aren't a tank though, but I know Samurai or Dark Knight would have to be one. I guess it would feel like tanking as either Warrior or Paladin, choosing best for the job, or if 2 are needed, whoever has best synergy
If it actually does have to be between SAM and DRK for new tank job, parry/counter tank SAM makes more sense to me then DRK. DRK are supposed to be squishy death machines.

It's ok, I still believe you are mostly wrong on everything you've said.

The eternal bond ceremony for you two will be intense.

Teknoman

If it actually does have to be between SAM and DRK for new tank job, parry/counter tank SAM makes more sense to me then DRK. DRK are supposed to be squishy death machines.

Yeah I could see Samurai having lots of parry intense combos. I'd probably want to learn that and Dark Knight. Not that I dont like Rogues/Thieves or Ninjas, but I wish they had throw. Would be nice if they even had a treasure hunter type skills, but dunno how that would work in XIV.

Dark Knight needs a game-breaking weapon (Deathbringer) with chance of insta-kill.

Im still in the camp hoping they roll with great swords.

So I've hit 24 on my Arcanist but I'm wondering if it's really worth it as opposed to just continuing with my 50 Paladin.

Playing alts in MMO's usually sucks since you're going through old content instead of going through new stuff on your main character/class. But I'd like to have another class available just to switch things up, but at the same time it's possible that will just burn me out faster when I could just take the easier path of going with Paladin.

Tabris

Hey for those that watch our streams, putting yourself in your own shoes a couple months ago when you were still learning T9, how do you think we're doing overall?

I personally feel good as constant progress, but the streaming while being super useful for advice, can sometimes be discouraging as the critiques sometimes come off like we're a bad group.

And I dunno if that's just people being the "everything's easy once I've cleared it" or we're just that bad :)

Ken

Hey for those that watch our streams, putting yourself in your own shoes a couple months ago when you were still learning T9, how do you think we're doing overall?

I personally feel good as constant progress, but the streaming while being super useful for advice, can sometimes be discouraging as the critiques sometimes come off like we're a bad group.

And I dunno if that's just people being the "everything's easy once I've cleared it" or we're just that bad :)

i didnt watch your stream no one told me it was going and i'm not following gametrailers hmph

Tabris

i didnt watch your stream no one told me it was going and i'm not following gametrailers hmph

Today was just T6-T8 and then an hour of T9 which wasn't much time to practice. But you've been on a couple of them? I think you were commenting on the last one.

Semper88

As long as you and the group are feeling that you are making progress then it doesn't matter right? Not everyone has the same learning curve, some are able to fight by reading a guide and others need to actually see what happens.

For example, we progressed through T9 in less then 3 weeks with 3 x 2 hours a week.
But the majority of our group are ex HC raiders that now only play casual a few hours a week.

The most important thing is to have everyone on the same page with the same expectations and you will get there.

Anyone try that server switch to change names thing? I can't believe they don't have a service for this.

I'm only lvl 21 so I'm thinking of just deleting my toon and starting over, but man that's a lot more work then I really wanna let go at this point.

Ken

Anyone try that server switch to change names thing? I can't believe they don't have a service for this.

I'm only lvl 21 so I'm thinking of just deleting my toon and starting over, but man that's a lot more work then I really wanna let go at this point.

restart or $36 name change

also there's like a 2-3 day cooldown between transfers

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Level 21 is like two nights.
I‘d restart.

The trickiest part about name change on transfer is to catch the moment when character creation is open.

restart or $36 name change

also there's like a 2-3 day cooldown between transfers

Level 21 is like two nights.
I‘d restart.

The trickiest part about name change on transfer is to catch the moment when character creation is open.

I went ahead and restarted. I suppose I'll try and catch up when I wake up. I think this is the third time now I've remade my character. My crew is not gonna be happy lol.

I feel a little bad now cause of all the help they've give me these past 2 days, but the longer I waited and tried to push it to the back of mind the more it bugged me till I reached the breaking point. I wasn't happen with my appearance either. This gives me the chance to fix it. I didn't want to wait for that Fantasia thingy either lol

Ken

I went ahead and restarted. I suppose I'll try and catch up when I wake up. I think this is the third time now I've remade my character. My crew is not gonna be happy lol.

I feel a little bad now cause of all the help they've give me these past 2 days, but the longer I waited and tried to push it to the back of mind the more it bugged me till I reached the breaking point. I wasn't happen with my appearance either. This gives me the chance to fix it. I didn't want to wait for that Fantasia thingy either lol

what was wrong with your old name?

Kenai

Six to eight sounds about right. Servers could also go up a bit earlier than announced if everything is ready (and ruin neighborhood housing plans and dreams)

K.Sabot

So I guess I'm abandoning my main account for my steam account so I can pay via steambucks and will reroll rogue on the new account once 2.4 hits.

It sucks that I can't do steambucks on my main.

BadRNG

So I guess I'm abandoning my main account for my steam account so I can pay via steambucks and will reroll rogue on the new account once 2.4 hits.

It sucks that I can't do steambucks on my main.
What, Steam accounts are separate? Isn't it through Mogstation not platform you're using?

Eldren

I had a very interesting experience last night. I was standing at the summoning bell in Limsa and a guy next to me wanted to know if I'd join them for a quick ST run. I was planning on doing it anyway (saving that UAT for the gun class! lol soldiery probably won't even exist by that point) so I said yes and I realised that all 7 other party members were Roes too. I'm pretty sure that's more in one party than there are in the entirety of the GAF FC.

Anyway the run was a lot of fun and afterwards we were chatting for a bit. There's an Ultros linkshell just for Roes and apparently something like 80% of ManRoe players are gay men? Something to do with the Galka from FFXI. You learn something new every day. We ended up just talking about MMOs and stuff for like an hour and a half. It was really enjoyable, I've never really experienced that social side of things, just talking with strangers outside the FC.

/end of story time

All this talk of Samurai and Dark Knights has me intrigued. I hope the London fanfest actually has some worthwhile information and isn't just "Here's the big reveal: we'll show you the jobs in Tokyo"

K.Sabot

What, Steam accounts are separate? Isn't it through Mogstation not platform you're using?

Here's my main account.
jkbTykY.png

And here's the steam account I bought.
48NGqp5.png

There is no way to link existing non-steam accounts to steam.

I can also no longer pay my sub via crysta bought through my paypal account (where I make most of my online expenditures) as of July, so I'm kinda up shit creek.

Ken

apparently you can buy digital online codes direct from square online store using paypal

im subbed for a few more months so hopefully they'll get paypal payment option up by then

BadRNG

I can also no longer pay my sub via crysta bought through my paypal account (where I make most of my online expenditures) as of July, so I'm kinda up shit creek.
It's so weird the steam accounts are treated separate, you'd think it'd just link to your existing SE account.

Also the SE online store accepts paypal, and you can buy 60 day codes from them directly here. I don't know how far your along your main account is but that's probably better than starting over.

K.Sabot

Paying with steambucks is really tempting though because I make around $10 in steambucks a week from playing CS:GO semi-regularly. The temptation of paying my sub by playing video games feels like its worth it to give up my main since I was planning on rolling a rogue anyways for 2.4.

I really hope they fix up a real way to pay via paypal though.

I've played my main from day -3 and she's i93 I think. Maybe I can ask for an account transfer of a character, Blizzard let me do it for my OG main in WoW back in 2012 (when I had not touched the account since 2007 because it was hacked and I was not able to recover it).

Zalasta

There's an Ultros linkshell just for Roes and apparently something like 80% of ManRoe players are gay men? Something to do with the Galka from FFXI.

Really? Because all of the Galkas I met in FFXI are straight, and believe me I recruited a lot of them for my LS, lol.

Eldren

Really? Because all of the Galkas I met in FFXI are straight, and believe me I recruited a lot of them for my LS, lol.

lol I dunno, I just took their word for it. I've never played FFXI so I can't comment on that, but maybe they just meant that specific Roe linkshell in FFXIV had a lot of the same players from XI? I'm not sure

iammeiam

Ultros GAF: I'm probably doing one last big fishing blitz this weekend for 2.3 stuff; if you still need swimwear let me know in the next couple of days and I'll try to target specific requests (waterproof cotton and frilled shark stuff unlikely to actually happen due to the levels of RNG evil involved.)

Otherwise I'm just going to try to singlehandedly destroy the pareo market before 2.4.

docbon

Anyway the run was a lot of fun and afterwards we were chatting for a bit. There's an Ultros linkshell just for Roes and apparently something like 80% of ManRoe players are gay men?

Well, pre-lalafell Lorde Doome wasn't. Though I suppose this means Baramoht is indeed 160% bear.

Reknoc

lol I dunno, I just took their word for it. I've never played FFXI so I can't comment on that, but maybe they just meant that specific Roe linkshell in FFXIV had a lot of the same players from XI? I'm not sure

Maybe it's a Japanese thing. Roe's and Galka are pretty bara

Jayhawk

Ultros GAF: I'm probably doing one last big fishing blitz this weekend for 2.3 stuff; if you still need swimwear let me know in the next couple of days and I'll try to target specific requests (waterproof cotton and frilled shark stuff unlikely to actually happen due to the levels of RNG evil involved.)

Otherwise I'm just going to try to singlehandedly destroy the pareo market before 2.4.

You could always bring me stuff to desynth into waterproof cottons... or more likely twinthreads.

iammeiam

You could always bring me stuff to desynth into waterproof cottons... or more likely twinthreads.

That is my plan for all the maros, since that market was pre-destroyed.

Think of all the .01 skillups you will get!

(I mostly expect this weekend to be dead for casual PUG stuff since everyone will be with their statics, flinging themselves at Nael over and over, so I'm preplanning things to do that don't involve auto attacking a striking dummy as a gladiator.)

Edit: Patch window is midnight to midnight, all day Monday. Wow. May actually be productive in life on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom