• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
That is my plan for all the maros, since that market was pre-destroyed.

Think of all the .01 skillups you will get!

(I mostly expect this weekend to be dead for casual PUG stuff since everyone will be with their statics, flinging themselves at Nael over and over, so I'm preplanning things to do that don't involve auto attacking a striking dummy as a gladiator.)

Edit: Patch window is midnight to midnight, all day Monday. Wow. May actually be productive in life on Monday!

That link is bringing me to info about the patch that fixed the gold dye. And I don't see anything on the website (I'm on mobile though). Would be nice logging in at midnight instead of the usual 4 in the morning.

Eldren

Well, pre-lalafell Lorde Doome wasn't. Though I suppose this means Baramoht is indeed 160% bear.

I play a FemRoe and I was described as the "token straight" so I suspect we'd have been a minority in that linkshell lol. You changed from a Roe to a Lala? You need to re-evaluate your life choices, Doome. Come back to the 5%. And I think we knew all about Bearamoht...

Maybe it's a Japanese thing. Roe's and Galka are pretty bara

Yeah that was my thinking as well. They said that it was mostly ManRoes and catboys which I suppose makes sense.

2 days to London fanfest!!!! The hyyypppeee is killing meee!

Same. Need to see those jobs. Don't let us down, YoshiP! (I'm prepared to be let down.)

scy

24 hours huh. I see.

...so I need to wake up at 2 AM?

Ultros GAF: I'm probably doing one last big fishing blitz this weekend for 2.3 stuff; if you still need swimwear let me know in the next couple of days and I'll try to target specific requests (waterproof cotton and frilled shark stuff unlikely to actually happen due to the levels of RNG evil involved.)

Otherwise I'm just going to try to singlehandedly destroy the pareo market before 2.4.

Exploding fish to dress all our catgirls.

Godbless.

IvorB

I had a very interesting experience last night. I was standing at the summoning bell in Limsa and a guy next to me wanted to know if I'd join them for a quick ST run. I was planning on doing it anyway (saving that UAT for the gun class! lol soldiery probably won't even exist by that point) so I said yes and I realised that all 7 other party members were Roes too. I'm pretty sure that's more in one party than there are in the entirety of the GAF FC.

Anyway the run was a lot of fun and afterwards we were chatting for a bit. There's an Ultros linkshell just for Roes and apparently something like 80% of ManRoe players are gay men? Something to do with the Galka from FFXI. You learn something new every day. We ended up just talking about MMOs and stuff for like an hour and a half. It was really enjoyable, I've never really experienced that social side of things, just talking with strangers outside the FC.

/end of story time

Are Roes the big muscle guys? Yeah I can totally see that.

Wilsongt

I had a very interesting experience last night. I was standing at the summoning bell in Limsa and a guy next to me wanted to know if I'd join them for a quick ST run. I was planning on doing it anyway (saving that UAT for the gun class! lol soldiery probably won't even exist by that point) so I said yes and I realised that all 7 other party members were Roes too. I'm pretty sure that's more in one party than there are in the entirety of the GAF FC.

Anyway the run was a lot of fun and afterwards we were chatting for a bit. There's an Ultros linkshell just for Roes and apparently something like 80% of ManRoe players are gay men? Something to do with the Galka from FFXI. You learn something new every day. We ended up just talking about MMOs and stuff for like an hour and a half. It was really enjoyable, I've never really experienced that social side of things, just talking with strangers outside the FC.

/end of story time

All this talk of Samurai and Dark Knights has me intrigued. I hope the London fanfest actually has some worthwhile information and isn't just "Here's the big reveal: we'll show you the jobs in Tokyo"

There's someone in the Sarg FC that is a Roe and is gay, and I have a friend who is gay and a Roe. Yeah, it's common.

Ken

Ultros GAF: I'm probably doing one last big fishing blitz this weekend for 2.3 stuff; if you still need swimwear let me know in the next couple of days and I'll try to target specific requests (waterproof cotton and frilled shark stuff unlikely to actually happen due to the levels of RNG evil involved.)

Otherwise I'm just going to try to singlehandedly destroy the pareo market before 2.4.

I want the coronal summer halter set!

I don't know what stuff it falls into.

Jomjom

Banned
Doubt anyone really cares but titan ex is doable on the PlayStation TV. Certainly more doable than on my PS3. Both my PS4 and PSTV are on LAN.

iammeiam

I want the coronal summer halter set!

I don't know what stuff it falls into.

Skirt is Twitchbeard, which isn't too tough but is only catchable two hours a day and only if the weather in Mist cooperates. Probably doable.

Top is frilled shark, which has a ten hour window if the weather in Western La Noscea cooperates, BUT requires catching an HQ Goby, mooching it, catching an HQ Wahoo, mooching that, catching an HQ Giant Squid, mooching that, and then hoping you get a frilled shark to bite instead of Megalodon, and then that you don't fail the roll to reel in. Then you blow it up (roughly one time in four you will fail the desynth entirely) and it turns into another frigging lei, which nobody wants. It also overlaps the hat windows, if you're including those in the set.

So I'll try but do not expect success. It's a good time to catch up on TV.

Jayhawk

Stalkhawk, you should power level my Rogue.

I'm powerleveling Nin Py's Rogue to 15+. I don't mind powerleveling more people. We need some practice to figure out best powerleveling methods. Either the Rogue gathers their hunting log mobs and the powerleveler AOE kills them, or the Rogue goes straight to like the Goblin camp north of Aleport and aggros a bunch of the Goblins for the powerleveler to AOE. It is a trade-off between the extra exp from the hunting log versus the simplicity of gathering mobs that aggro by sight.

Teremap

Banned
I just... I really, really want my Samurai! I will abandon all other classes if I get to play SAM! PLEASE SQUEENIX!

The eternal bond ceremony for you two will be intense.
1394142461700.gif

Yeah...i'm a "see what happens" kinda guy.
YOU ARE A SMART MAN.

Have just re-subbed. Haven't played in about a year. When I left off, my SMN was level 38 and I simply got bored. I want to see how the game has matured over the past year, and I was thinking about leveling BLM... but I'm reading on message boards about how BLM has low single-target DPS, isn't wanted in raids, etc.

What's the real story? Should I stick w/ SMN for now or is this BLM-hate just FUD? I just wasn't having that much fun w/ SMN and micromanaging on the PS3 gamepad, so...

Have just re-subbed. Haven't played in about a year. When I left off, my SMN was level 38 and I simply got bored. I want to see how the game has matured over the past year, and I was thinking about leveling BLM... but I'm reading on message boards about how BLM has low single-target DPS, isn't wanted in raids, etc.

What's the real story? Should I stick w/ SMN for now or is this BLM-hate just FUD? I just wasn't having that much fun w/ SMN and micromanaging on the PS3 gamepad, so...

both are equally good. they improved blm dps in a later patch so if you want to go blm go for it. It's mainly that playing a high level blm is a lot harder than playing a high level smn. Blm's are also good at single target dps if they don't move a lot/know how to play at the high level

both are equally good. they improved blm dps in a later patch so if you want to go blm go for it. It's mainly that playing a high level blm is a lot harder than playing a high level smn. Blm's are also good at single target dps if they don't move a lot/know how to play at the high level

I think I'd appreciate the kind of challenge you describe rather than micromanaging on a Dual-Shock. I may come back to SMN, who knows, but yeah, I'll give BLM a try. Thanks.

Sorian

Banned
I'm powerleveling Nin Py's Rogue to 15+. I don't mind powerleveling more people. We need some practice to figure out best powerleveling methods. Either the Rogue gathers their hunting log mobs and the powerleveler AOE kills them, or the Rogue goes straight to like the Goblin camp north of Aleport and aggros a bunch of the Goblins for the powerleveler to AOE. It is a trade-off between the extra exp from the hunting log versus the simplicity of gathering mobs that aggro by sight.

I'd think knocking out hunting log would give more bang for your buck, especially at the lower levels since I think the exp rewards are scaled better compared to how much you need per level.

Sorian

Banned
Keep in mind, Shiva extreme is likely to be unlocked at the end of the story quest, and the story quest is likely to be long this time around.

Why would it be longer than any other patch main story. Also, hopefully they don't destroy the pacing like they did in 2.3. "Hey, thanks for beating the big bad, let's get some more fetch quests and hand out some uniforms before you can challenge that fight again in extreme mode."

Tabris

Why would it be longer than any other patch main story. Also, hopefully they don't destroy the pacing like they did in 2.3. "Hey, thanks for beating the big bad, let's get some more fetch quests and hand out some uniforms before you can challenge that fight again in extreme mode."

Guaranteed there will be a bunch of quests after to set up 2.5 and start setting up for Heavensward

Sorian

Banned
Guaranteed there will be a bunch of quests after to set up 2.5 and start setting up for Heavensward

They've been setting up Heavensward for 2 patches now. They do it throughout the duration of the story, there doesn't need to be boring quests at the end to do that. 2.5 can be set up subtly throughout the story too if the writer decides to not be lazy this time.

I don't mind if Shiva is in the middle of the questline, I mind when the follow up is teleport here, here, and here and talk to people about things that aren't important. They gave all the good info before Ramuh and then the only thing after was the slight Shiva tease. Alphinaud's (sp?) little pet project was fine because I know it's important later but the recruitment and such was handled terribly.

WolvenOne

For several reasons.

• Shiva's story has been stated to be longer and more complex than most of the previous primals.
  • The trailer clearly shows that they'll be continuing the story-line in Uldah.
  • The trailer also shows that it'll somehow touch on what's going on in the Garlean Empire.

That's a lot of narrative threads to touch upon, more than in the previous patch. I can easily see it taking anywhere from 3 to 5 hours to play through that all, especially if you're running it immediately and cannot ask people where you need to go, etc.

If Shiva extreme is at the end of all this, than a few hours probably isn't going to be enough to get that fight unlocked.

Jayhawk

I ain't got no time for main storyline quests. Final coil, Ninja, and DR EX for the Alexandrites. Oh, and making mad profits from new crafted gear.

WolvenOne

I ain't got no time for main storyline quests. Final coil, Ninja, and DR EX for the Alexandrites. Oh, and making mad profits from new crafted gear.

Assuming I get a last minute clear like I did with First Coil, (BWAHAHAHA~~!!!) The first thing I'll do is unlock Final Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom