• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Nah man. It's got a new tome set, new primal, new coil, Hildebrand continuation (with Trial it looks like) 3 new dungeons, likely a new set of unspoiled gathering materials and the recipes that will come with them, doubling house wards so more people have access to that content, and that's in addition to Ninja and whatever they bring (new classes are almost always interesting to group content even if you don't play one yourself). It would be rare to find a patch with more content in any MMO outside an expansion, let alone this one. Even if you don't take advantage of it personally, a lot of new content is still a lot of new content.

Edit:

99% sure it will be the case since if you look at the Fenrir fight in Snowcloak there is a Primal Crystal in the background he is likely guarding.

Item level raise is not new content per se. It's just an extension of the treadmill.
Dungeons are irrelevant at release and nothing's gonna change that.

All this talk of how quickly you can powerlevel Ninja to 50. And here I am, thinking that I'm finally going to be able to take my time and use up all the many, many sidequests I saved for leveling another job that I never ended up using because most of my other jobs were leveled through FATEs or by only running daily dungeons with the bonus XP. I'm going to do all the sidequests I haven't done in every zone, I don't care if it takes me a month to cap Ninja. I main a tank anyways, so IDGAF how long it takes.

Tiops

Joined a group on Party Finder to beat T6, and finally did it. They asked me to stay with them for T7, and we beat it too :D

They gave me the MT role, and it's pretty easy. Don't die and don't get petrified. Really tense battle, we wiped 4 or 5 times by really minor mistakes that fucks the whole group, but the clear run was almost perfect.

Got the HA Trousers of Fending.

I want to attempt at least T6 before 2.4 comes out since people are saying it might get nerfed (
and I'll feel very frustrated if they remove the T5 requirement, I just beat it dammit
). PF is the only way, right?

I want to attempt at least T6 before 2.4 comes out since people are saying it might get nerfed (
and I'll feel very frustrated if they remove the T5 requirement, I just beat it dammit
). PF is the only way, right?

Even if they did remove the t5 requirement for whatever reason, there's no reason not to do it still. If anyone can't handle t5 then the chances of them handling t6-9 aren't exactly much better, it's a good skill ladder to show that people can handle what is beyond t5.

Sure if you keep getting terrible people in t5 groups that's one thing, but those same terrible people are going to be marching right into t6+ also and it's not going to get any better without a static after the patch. No amount of nerfs or echo will save groups that can't understand how you handle bees/vines/blight/pull in/beam, these are things that can easily wipe a group that doesn't understand mechanics and this is only t6, it only gets worse from there.

Teknoman

Joined a group on Party Finder to beat T6, and finally did it. They asked me to stay with them for T7, and we beat it too :D

They gave me the MT role, and it's pretty easy. Don't die and don't get petrified. Really tense battle, we wiped 4 or 5 times by really minor mistakes that fucks the whole group, but the clear run was almost perfect.

Got the HA Trousers of Fending.

Grats on pulling it off!

IvorB

I ain't got no time for main storyline quests. Final coil, Ninja, and DR EX for the Alexandrites. Oh, and making mad profits from new crafted gear.

I don't mind the story at a high level but those stupid quests they pad it out with are just obnoxious. They don't even give XP after 50 so I have no idea why they are included. Do they think people like that stuff? Is there anyone who does?

Sorian

Banned
Just wondering, which mmos do even this exactly? Only one I know of is WoW and it took them 10 years to decide they wanted to take the names away from people who haven't played since before 2009 or so, that's been the only time they've done that too.

Rift and SWTOR both did this at least twice within their first respective years on the market.

Talaysen

I don't mind the story at a high level but those stupid quests they pad it out with are just obnoxious. They don't even give XP after 50 so I have no idea why they are included. Do they think people like that stuff? Is there anyone who does?

That gil though

A few of the older crap quests had like IV materias as rewards and what not. So worth doing even if it's garbage, but yeah not sure why they do it like that, I guess pacing and stuff, so it's not just quest text > quest text > cutscene > quest text > quest text, and instead there's some "actually play the game" inbetween, even though it's awful.

My plan for 2.4 is buy a house asap, then ninja ninja ninja, with a bit of making money on the side if it's something I can do easily(so like, if they add alchemy stuff). Once 50 ninja I'll do scenario and shiva/new dungeons, don't have much interest in coil due to the static, so I'll wait until coil 2 is nerfed and maybe work on coil3 before 3.0, probably by 2.5 or so.

Stuart444

I'm hoping to get T5 done by Sunday. Would be nice to get it done before Second coil is in DF.

Went into it for the first time today via DF and reached the second set of dive bombs twice. Other times, we died either at Conflags, once at the very start (somehow...) and once at the first Dive Bomb Phase.

Dive Bombs went smoothly apart from that one time, it was the rest like Snakes that got us.

Echo really makes things weird in the Conflag phase though, once we got killed due to conflag followed almost instantly by a fireball.

Hoping to at least reach the twister phase either tomorrow or Friday in a DF group. At least get some practice dealing with that. It's all a matter of roulette though when dealing with DF folks.

Stuart444

Well, if you were on Behemoth, I was going to get you a clear :(

Hopefully some GAF folks can help you out with it.

Hehe, thanks for the thought though <3.

I'll probably ask in FC during the weekend if we have no luck in DF. Still it's good practice regardless of failures.

Kenai

Item level raise is not new content per se. It's just an extension of the treadmill.
Dungeons are irrelevant at release and nothing's gonna change that.

item level release means new stuff to craft, new places to get said gear from, new vanity set combos, ect in addition to character progression.

And dungeons aren't always irrelevant, especially if they tie them into the story. At the very least, you'll be running them once, and if they add decent vanity drops or stuff like relic items, maybe more. People still farm select places like WP and bray after all (even if I am sooooo done w Bray lol)

Torn between doing the new dungeons first or leveling Rogue. Will probably try to do Snowcloak at least and then some leveling.

Might get into Final Coil a month in or so.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unlocking the coils, farming the old coils, doing the story/new dungeons, capping the tomes. Gonna be good. T9 farm especially.

Wilsongt

Anyone else noticing an unusually large amount of new players? Or is everyone just making an alt? I'm seeing a ton of new little sproutlings on Sarg...

Nohar

I resubbed... *sigh* Oh well, let's enjoy it again until I grow tired of it... again.
I have a problem.

Anyhow, leveling up White Mage (that would be my 4th level 50 job along with Bard, Scholar and Paladin... and Summoner, I guess). I'm crafting and spiritbonding to make enough money for the new stuff, and to finally catch up (I have all Gathering and Crafting classes at 50, but I didn't unlock anything else, except the recipes with the demimaterias). On that subject, if you have advices or a guide for spiritbonding (including and explaining the changes of 2.38), I'm interested.

I resubbed... *sigh* Oh well, let's enjoy it again until I grow tired of it... again.
I have a problem.

Anyhow, leveling up White Mage (that would be my 4th level 50 job along with Bard, Scholar and Paladin... and Summoner, I guess). I'm crafting and spiritbonding to make enough money for the new stuff, and to finally catch up (I have all Gathering and Crafting classes at 50, but I didn't unlock anything else, except the recipes with the demimaterias). On that subject, if you have advices or a guide for spiritbonding (including and explaining the changes of 2.38), I'm interested.

The main changes to spiritbinding is you can only reliably spiritbind stuff that's within 10 levels of the stuff you're doing. More than that and it drops the rate of spiritbinding a lot, and hits 0 at a 20levels difference I believe. So for example, if you go to Syrcus Tower which is ilvl 100, you can't spiritbind lvl 45-50 stuff for crap. Or lvl 80 stuff for that matter. You'll spiritbind lvl 90 or higher really fast though. Works both ways, your ilvl 90 gear won't spiritbind at all in the early dungeons or in Urth's Gift PF SB groups or what not. Basically, this was done to prevent people running ST or expert roulette in lvl 45 gear.

The change also came with the removal of guaranteed IVs from ilvl 90(or that's my understanding of it). I believe it's weighted, so i90 gives more IVs than i50, but the difference isn't huge in comparison to the obvious price difference.

As for advices, I think doing 45-50 gear is still the most efficient if you want to spiritbind a lot of stuff. It's cheap and easy to make and can be made with terrible crafting gear easily as long as you have the classes at 50. Once you have leveled your Ixali daily reputation, you can use your oaknots to craft some i90 gear every now and then and spiritbind that in the 80dungeons or ST, someone said it was pretty good. Also can look into crafting/gathering gear for materias, while the high prices are lower than combat, the average price tend to be better overall. On the other hand, you lose a lot of stats so you probably want a group(like in Urth) to optimize this form of spiritbinding. You can also spiritbind while farming valuable stuff, for example Magitek robots in the various Garlean areas of the game since they drop plating that's worth 20k each(though the droprate is awful).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom