• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

From what I've heard, the Japanese launch of FF11 felt an whole lot like version 1.0 of 14, specifically in that it was obviously unfinished, had huge gaps in its world, and odd game design decisions. The US came out a lot later, and from what I've heard, even then it didn't really come into it's own until the following expansion, which Tanaka was less involved with.

It sounds to me, as if Tanaka has a bit of a history of poor gameplay decisions, and poor implementation. This isn't to say that he isn't without his positive points, but he doesn't strike me as a suitable Producer for modern games, which have much higher financial stakes.

As for housing. The subdivisions idea isn't bad exactly, I just rather hope they improve implementation slightly. They at the very least, need to give people the capability of going their directly from the menu, rather than going in through the main wards aetheryte.

Yes, I know, once people have bought a house and a mini-aetheryte, they'll be able to go in their directly from the teleport function. Regardless, going directly to subdivisions will make it easier to browse the selection, and easier for people to visit their friends in different wards/subdivisions.

Not a big deal though, either way.

Shamdeo

Default trouser slot items for the races iirc.

Yeah there was an undershirt and underpants slot.

Also, lol @ the chat window.

iM1XtlnYQ2km.png

studyguy

So basically the undies we have when we unequip everything? People enjoyed this sort of thing? Oh man.

No, not the default undies.
Those always existed, but they were different ones.
If you've seen Highlanders with the ropes strapped across their chests. Those are the equippable ones.

Shamdeo

Oh, my bad. I don't even remember most of those equipment slots. What were the things in the top right? Ammo and bait? Only gatherer class I had was BTN.

Yeah, it's an ammo slot.

Gladiators could throw daggers and marauders could throw franciscae. Archer arrow slot and there were some items you could throw too iirc.

studyguy

Yeah, it's an ammo slot.

Gladiators could throw daggers and marauders could throw francisca. Archer bow slot and there were some items you could throw too iirc.

Daggers, Chakrams, Francisca, spears, rocks, bomb arms, grenades

We had all kinds of useless shit no one ever threw outside of pulling.
I don't miss consumable arrows.

Tapejara

So it turns out my account issue from before was due to me pressing R2 after inputting information. Apparently you're supposed to press circle. I spent five hours trying to get the game working, when the only issue was a single button press lol.

Cmagus

I had an old pic like that from 1.0 back when I had a garbage computer. Someone took my character screenshot and put it in an ms paint window it was pretty funny.

studyguy

XIV 1.0 caused my crossfire 4890's to fucking overheat at launch. Thanks Tanaka.
I know the beta forums had some people with NVidia cards somehow getting similar issues.
Shit didn't even support crossfire/SLI but one fucked up, RMA'd and got myself a stronger single card. So maybe it wasn't all bad.

Valor

So like when they designed FF11 and 1.0 were they like "fuck UI designers, man. Who even needs them"? Because that font and UI is just the most revolting thing I've seen in a long time.

IvorB

T7 can be a nightmare. We nearly screwed it up last night, and I barely got off a much needed Shadowbind before the heavy wore off of a Renaud. Scary stuff. It's an annoying turn because DPS management is a thing. I don't know how the hell people are going to be able to reliably pug or even *shudders* farm t7. I got my stupid bracelets from that turn finally, so hopefully I can avoid it until it's nerfed into the ground.

I just watched a video of the T7 fight. That's hilarious. They're gonna put this up on DF? Ha ha ha!!! Oh lawd. I can already smell dat drama.

studyguy

So like when they designed FF11 and 1.0 were they like "fuck UI designers, man. Who even needs them"? Because that font and UI is just the most revolting thing I've seen in a long time.

More like "fuck basic design principles, working mechanics and quality control."

Jayhawk

FF11 was designed back when Geocities was the shit. The design and UI matched what was popular at the time.

Stuart444

So me and Alice beat Turn 5 tonight with the help of Haman, Avelle, Lucifer, Auli, Pyros and Myra. Thanks guys <3.

Took quite a few tries but we beat it. :D

Next up, Leviathan Ex, Mog Ex, Titan Ex if I feel like torturing myself and leveling my MRD/WAR until Patch 2.4.

Then we can experience the joys of T6 and beyond.

tenren

Hey guys, new player coming. Just picked up my copy of ffxiv today. Just wanted to know, is there a GAF linkshell or guild and what server is everyone on? Also I plan on being a summoner because from all the gameplay videos, it looks pretty fun. My question is, are they viable as DPSers?

Valor

Hey guys, new player coming. Just picked up my copy of ffxiv today. Just wanted to know, is there a GAF linkshell or guild and what server is everyone on? Also I plan on being a summoner because from all the gameplay videos, it looks pretty fun. My question is, are they viable as DPSers?

There's an established GAF FC on Ultros if you wanna come over and join our ranks. Not too sure about the other servers. Summoners are very viable DPS, especially if you build your Arcanist with SMN in mind.

tenren

There's an established GAF FC on Ultros if you wanna come over and join our ranks. Not too sure about the other servers. Summoners are very viable DPS, especially if you build your Arcanist with SMN in mind.

Thanks! Who can I contact about getting into the linkshell/FC?

Stuart444

Thanks! Who can I contact about getting into the linkshell/FC?

Apply on neogaf.guildwork.com (sign up to the site and then apply of course)

Then find anyone with the GAF tag, right click ([] on console) and select view company profile and then apply from there.

I quit after I got my legit full clear of VoG Hard. After that I was like that's enough of this, we'll see how Destiny 2 is. I'm not planning on buying the expansions.

You know it doesn't count as legit when you just knocked him off. :3

Also I never even cleared normal VoG. Just didn't want the hassle of going when I wasn't going to talk.

You know it doesn't count as legit when you just knocked him off. :3

Also I never even cleared normal VoG. Just didn't want the hassle of going when I wasn't going to talk.

Nah, we didn't cheese Atheon, we killed him straight up the way it was supposed to be done. Honestly Atheon is actually the easiest fight of VoG Hard, there's stuff before it which is actually way harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom