• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper88

It's a fine line to walk, because not being able to get into the fray at all because of insurmountable scheduling/lockout/party configuration hurdles will also make people drop the sub.

無理ゲーなんだからさ

And ofcourse this as well, but that's the whole problem isn't it.

Trying to make the HC/Semi HC raiders happy and at the same time keeping the casual players happy too.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
And ofcourse this as well, but that's the whole problem isn't it.

Trying to make the HC/Semi HC raiders happy and at the same time keeping the casual players happy too.

You don't need lockouts to keep hardcore raiders happy.
If people want to put an extraordinary effort into getting to the finish line faster than Sanic, well then just let them! For most everybody else the difficulty of encounters and gating stat progression behind currency caps is already a lockout enough.
Yoshida is trying to keep his cake and eat it too.

To keep people busy, not losing subs.

I've been raiding for a long long time now and cleared up to T9 yet my gear is made out of two High Allagan pieces and the rest 110 soldiery gear. We've had the worst RNG on tank loot and if it dropped i've always lost it to the MT (he might need it more then me tho).

Yet the sense of a new chance every week keeps me playing and hoping i'll eventually get something.

Being able to get the best loot in little time makes people cancel their sub untill new content arises.

This thinking made Destiny what it is today.

I quit Destiny because that game's loot system is utter and total shit.

Semper88

You don't need lockouts to keep hardcore raiders happy.
If people want to put an extraordinary effort into getting to the finish line faster than Sanic, well then just let them! For most everybody else the difficulty of encounters and gating stat progression behind currency caps is already a lockout enough.
Yoshida is trying to keep his cake and eat it too.

The balans is hard to find imo, I raid about 2-3 nights a week for maybe 2 hours and we cleared all the content very fast if it was more simple then it is now.. i'd quit the game because it gives no sense of accomplishment.

This thinking made Destiny what it is today.

I quit Destiny because that game's loot system is utter and total shit.

Oh Destiny is horrible, its collecting dust for me now. Got to light 28, did the raid twice and well.. that was it nothing else left to do. Plus the fact that the random ass shards and energy is horid and gear is bullshit since most is level scaled design.

Ken

Wow, do people really expect a carry when they DF Titan Extreme? Got tanks that don't swap, DPS that get landslided off before heart, and people that don't know gaol placements.

Cmagus

What? That doesn't even answer the question.
And how does lockout prevent that from happening, the hell?
Yoshiplease. Is this a case of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or are they just genuinely clueless?
That was a pretty sad to hear and incredibly unfair if that's his stance. This issue has been the biggest thorn in this game for me and although I've accepted it at this point that statement is incredibly unfair.

Good interview though he seems like he knows what he wants and hopefully going forward good things continue to come.

Have they mentioned anything about doing the fan fest yearly? I really want to go next time, in fact I've been saving a bit already just in case.

dcye

We wiped 4 times at 1% on T9 before our clear. I know that pain. 4th time broke our BLM haha, he was a shell of a man.

Switched GC to Limsa, just need Aurum Vale for last rank. I did it earlier with a tank that must have thought he was a DPS. When we beat it I saw that I hadn't talked to the npc before entering. -_- Now I have to do it again.

Can't wait to see what accidental tidbit is going to cause a marketboard rush this time. Weren't prelim patch notes last time what caused the initial rush on Dodore wings?

Pretty much, that's what happens when they don't list mats but make the names of items really obvious like "huh wonder what that could be when it has dodore in it's named and we only have dodore meat and wings...wonder what is needed". Honestly expecting them to leave out crafted items this time around in the prelim notes since it's easier on them to not go through them and just pick and chose what to put in and what not to.

Sorian

Banned
Man, I had this terrible dream last night, we were about to kill Nael and then we didn't ---

iNDkZ2K81z1yC.png

AHHHH

Stuart444

Wow, do people really expect a carry when they DF Titan Extreme? Got tanks that don't swap, DPS that get landslided off before heart, and people that don't know gaol placements.

To be fair, some people might just be learning as they go which is generally what people use DF for.

Of course if it's their second or third try then they are just not trying and do want a carry lol.

I saw on the Japanese dev tracker that plants continue their growth cycle during maintenance.

So for those of you that garden, water your plants before the servers go down.

iammeiam

To be fair, some people might just be learning as they go which is generally what people use DF for.

Of course if it's their second or third try then they are just not trying and do want a carry lol.

I have done Titan EX a ton and still occasionally forget to place the first gaol correctly if it's been a while and I'm distracted.

So maybe they don't want a carry, they're just not paying attention!

Although I don't really DF it ever because lol, DF Titan EX.

Stuart444

I have done Titan EX a ton and still occasionally forget to place the first gaol correctly if it's been a while and I'm distracted.

So maybe they don't want a carry, they're just not paying attention!

Although I don't really DF it ever because lol, DF Titan EX.

True but doing the same thing 2 or 3 times in a row makes you question it.

aceface

I love Titan EX. I can do it in my sleep at this point.

On the other hand, Ramuh EX is my nightmare. So much randomness. ;_; WTB win before patch.

iammeiam

I love Titan EX. I can do it in my sleep at this point.

On the other hand, Ramuh EX is my nightmare. So much randomness. ;_; WTB win before patch.

Need the Ramuh EX pro teams to stop running T9 long enough to get you through it.

All I can do is bait and fail DPS checks, RIP.

iammeiam

DF penalties for withdrawing 3x per day after the confirm window pops
No more fucking feathers from treasure maps!
Shiva weapons i110, poetics i120/i130, coil i135

My supra rod already obsolete. ;_;

I see new fish but no gear they're likely to turn in to. Yoshida y.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Dragoon Jump The animation lock after execution has been shortened.
Spineshatter Dive ・The animation lock after execution has been shortened.
・Recast time has been reduced from 90 to 60 seconds.
Dragonfire Dive ・The animation lock after execution has been shortened.
・Recast time has been reduced from 180 to 120 seconds.

tumblr_ndp8q3OiQL1r9eweho6_500.gif

Now buff us even more.

Surprised they didn't just readjust the elusive jump timer as well. That shit is absurdly long.

Gladiator Flash The amount of enmity generated has been increased.
Circle of Scorn Now generates increased enmity.

Dat Gladiator Aggro Easy mode

iammeiam

\o/ Bridesmaid's dress has the gender icon on it, Best Man's jacket does not. Yessss I am gonna be so fabulous.

Also this not be the bride/groom gear explains why it doesn't look like a wedding dress.

Also new metallic dyes. Options!

Edit: I see south seas furniture; so I'm going to make fish-gut furniture?

Trojita

A gil reward has been added to chests in Syrcus Tower.
The weekly limitation on items from treasure coffers in Syrcus Tower has been abolished.

Still need to get some glamour gear lol

New equipment has been added for Disciples of the Hand and Disciples of the Land.
Recipes for the new secondary tools and armor can be obtained from master recipe books.

New crafting armor? People that melded crafting equipment on suicide watch.

Trojita

\o/ Bridesmaid's dress has the gender icon on it, Best Man's jacket does not. Yessss I am gonna be so fabulous.

Also this not be the bride/groom gear explains why it doesn't look like a wedding dress.

Also new metallic dyes. Options!

Edit: I see south seas furniture; so I'm going to make fish-gut furniture?

So sexist of Square-Enix

The drop rate for Mirror of the Whorl has been increased.
The drop rate for the following Extreme primal battle rewards has been increased:
Nightmare Whistle / Aithon Whistle / Xanthos Whistle / Gullfaxi Whistle / Enbarr Whistle / Markab Whistle

Let the farming commence.

iammeiam

New crafting armor? People that melded crafting equipment on suicide watch.

All I'm seeing is new offhands. Most gear and supras are safe, it looks like, so it's not a ton of remelding or wasted supras.

Except for fisher, because Yoshida hates me.

Also who wants to Levi EX pony farm? let's go!

Trojita

The new item "retainer Fantasia" has been added, which allows the one-time alteration of a retainer’s appearance, gender and name.

Field Exploration XV
Highland Exploration XV
Woodland Exploration XV
Waterside Exploration XV
Quick Exploration (as a rare item)

After using a phial of retainer Fantasia, players should speak with the following retainer vocate NPCs and select "Change a retainer's appearance and nickname."

Frydwyb, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (X:8 Y:11)
Parnell, Old Gridania (X:14 Y:9)
Chachabi, Ul’dah – Steps of Thal (X:13 Y:9)

Phials of retainer Fantasia can be freely traded on the market and exchanged with other players.

Cool

New Item

Fat Chocobo Head

OMG

Omnicent

Hmm
Trick Attack and Sneak attack return... as does Perfect Dodge (ughh nin/rog = goto kite class? even have Goad which i guess gets enmity, unless it's a ability thats not for rog/nin).
Also guessing that Vamper's Knives will be the ilv55 weapon used for the relic melding portion (unless SE decided to leave the weapon needed for it off the list).

dramatis

The following items have been added, which can only be obtained from leather buried treasure maps.
Imitation Mistbeard Mask
Imperial Shadow Visor
* These items are not guaranteed to drop.
There goes Bara's money.

Edit: holy shit at that GC exchange rate for mythology items.

dramatis

uhhh what am i missing here?
Transparency of the hair has been increased.

The following food items can be used as furnishings. Once placed, they can be used up to ten times to receive a parameter bonus.
Only 10 times, huh. There's going to be a market for these.

Food items:
Gourmet Lunch = Crit/Vit (9) = healers? lol
Gourmet Supper = Skspd/Vit (15) = lol
Afternoon Tea Set = Spspd/Vit (15) = BLM?
Assorted Fruit = Acc/Vit (12) = EVERYBODY except healers
Chilled Red = Pie/Vit (6) = NOBODY

Frumix

Suffering From Success
* Postmoogle quests concerning Raya <3 I am a happy cat.
* Requirement of 9000 seals for just one Myth mat is quite ridiculous.
* You can now trade Allagan gear for seals... who'd do that?
* You now cannot stack Regen or Medica 2 in PVP... Because healers are totally overpowered amiright?
* New useless PVP gear is just... recolors? And shares the cost with i100 PVP gear. I don't get it?
* Trials of the Braves and Mysterious Maps still cost way too much, 500 and 400 soldiery respectively. This is pretty ridiculous.
* Final Coil entrance is surprisingly in Bluefog. Huh.
* Item level sync for old dungeons! ...It's only 110 though.
* Pretty exciting Mirror and previous mounts have higher drop rates but by how much?..
* Dreadwyrm gear is GOD AWFUL.
* Invisible accessories are called "The Emperor's New [...]", that's hilarious.
* There's now fish that requires consecutive weather conditions or catch of a certain other type of fish. That's getting ridiculously obtuse.
* Ironworks Magitek (Poetics) gear seems to work exactly like Soldiery did in 2.2. Which is fantastically awful, but what are you gonna do.
* New crafting/gathering gear appears to be Artisan/Forager's which means... It's not meldable? Are they removing materia from equation? That'd be something.
* I've also noticed there's no new dungeon gear. Which is a huge bummer to be honest and also means that other than capping Poetics there's jackall reason to run them.
* Also, they kinda spoiled (act surprised) the final boss of Coil in item list.
* AAAAA NEW CRAFTING GEAR REQUIRES MASTERCRAFT DEMI AAAAAAAAAA

damn the weapons look nice, can you glamor into those if you don't have the required pvp rank?

Nope

Qvoth

can someone explain the culinarian furnitures? will this be a personal housing only thing? or will this work like an fc buff?

dramatis

can someone explain the culinarian furnitures? will this be a personal housing only thing? or will this work like an fc buff?
They don't seem to have details on how the buff works exactly. If it's a separate buff from regular food buff, I can see it being super popular. If it's a buff that takes the place of food buff, I can see it being popular amongst the poors (sort of).

An armoire furnishing has been added, and can be placed inside the estate hall.
Oh shit

Valor

Transparency of the hair has been increased.

Only 10 times, huh. There's going to be a market for these.

10 Times seems pretty dang good, if you ask me. A bit of an inconvenience, though. Gotta make some of them gourmet lunches. I wonder if they replace your normal food :\ that would make them all sorts of useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom