• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

i stopped playing 1.0 because my laptop can only run it on 640x480 resolution i think, or something even lower than that
and still it burnt the gpu

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Because this is such high end content, if we have people that are going into say the Crystal Tower, and they are not as high skilled a player, we don’t want them to get involved in the Binding Coil of Bahamut and kind of affect those higher skilled level players and have people kind of get disgruntled, like ‘why are those people even in there?’
What? That doesn't even answer the question.
And how does lockout prevent that from happening, the hell?
Yoshiplease. Is this a case of the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or are they just genuinely clueless?

iammeiam

we don’t want them to get involved in the Binding Coil of Bahamut and kind of affect those higher skilled level players and have people kind of get disgruntled, like ‘why are those people even in there?’ So we kind of wanted to delineate and differentiate the skill level.

I am kind of surprised that he's openly stating they don't want lesser skilled players mucking up coil for everyone else. We have feelings too, Yoshida. And read things.

yeah, these servers are fucked on tuesday. can't even handle a friday night during the pre-patch lull.

Not the servers, though if you have issues now, there's good chances you'll still have issues at that point unless the routing change or whatever's broken on the way between you and the server gets fixed. A VPN of some sort could help, kinda depends.

Ken

iNDkZ2K81z1yC.png

never forget

Not the servers, though if you have issues now, there's good chances you'll still have issues at that point unless the routing change or whatever's broken on the way between you and the server gets fixed. A VPN of some sort could help, kinda depends.

It's the servers when 2 dozen people in the fc blow up all at once and everyone else is talking about how several people in their groups go offline at the same time.

IvorB

Options, System Options, Other Settings, Cutscene Audio. It's a bit out of the way.

Bless you my friend, bless you. If I never have to hear Milf-ilia's stupid voice again I will be eternally in your debt. At least in Japanese you can't tell if the acting sucks or not.

So me and Alice beat Turn 5 tonight with the help of Haman, Avelle, Lucifer, Auli, Pyros and Myra. Thanks guys <3.

Took quite a few tries but we beat it. :D

Next up, Leviathan Ex, Mog Ex, Titan Ex if I feel like torturing myself and leveling my MRD/WAR until Patch 2.4.

Then we can experience the joys of T6 and beyond.

Congrats. I still need to do Mog Ex and the others. I've taken my eye off the ball with those extreme primals. Or maybe Titan just demoralised me.

Sooooo are these new dungeons going to be stuffed full of crafting mats or no?

Tabris

It was glorious. I was shaking after. Unfortunately due to everyone 90k'ing couldn't work on getting past that 1% tonight so Saturday hoping for it.

Tabris

Oh man, what did it was there was too many people dead so it reset ice order (everyone had ice) just as Fire In was happening. And unfortunately it picked me first to double ice 1 second before fire in went off. If it picked anyone else we would have cleared. So painful, but not disheartening at all because it shows we can do it.

Sorian

Banned
Oh man, what did it was there was too many people dead so it reset ice order (everyone had ice) just as Fire In was happening. And unfortunately it picked me first to double ice 1 second before fire in went off. If it picked anyone else we would have cleared. So painful, but not disheartening at all because it shows we can do it.

I had to review the tape for a good few minutes to glean this nugget of info. I think it makes me more sad that we lost to RNG.

It's the servers when 2 dozen people in the fc blow up all at once and everyone else is talking about how several people in their groups go offline at the same time.

Not when it's the same people getting disconnected over and over while everyone else doesn't have any issues. That just screams routing issue with some place inbetween the server and you that's messed up and everyone who routes through that place to access the server DCs, while everyone else who routes somewhere else(different ISP or different locations) doesn't feel an issue. Especially when it affects every servers at the same time and not like one cluster or one server specifically, which seems to be the case atm(other than japanese servers I assume since they're hosted somewhere else).

I'm not a network guy but I've been playing mmos long enough to know a lot of the time, those aren't servers issues. Simple test is to try to VPN to different locations and see if that fixes it. If you stop having issues, then it's definitely not a server issue.

Doesn't mean tuesday won't have server issues layered on top though.

WolvenOne

Welp, seen up to Bahamuts favor now. (Barely)

Shame I don't have another few weeks til patch, if there wasn't just a few days til patch, I'd be feeling pretty good about getting this down before 2.4.

Tabris

to be fair, your fire and ice rotation was messed up and you guys probably should have wiped earlier

We did mess up a fire in vs fire out but we adapted and Moara ensured to go into the fire out to remove his to ensure it was synced back.

Nohar

Thank you for the interview!

About the lockout:

That being said, this is something that we are still discussing whether we implement it in the upcoming 2.45 or the future 2.5 patch. There has been feedback (from fans) where they would like to help the members of their free company, they don&#8217;t care about the items, they would just like to help this one guy out. There has been feedback about that. We do want to consider implementing a sort of capability for helping out members in the community.

At least he is aware of the players' wishes... But I just wish they got rid of the lockout by now. It is archaic, anti-fun, and it creates a ton of problems overall. The players should still have the possibility to play a content, for fun or training purposes. If they don't want people getting tons of stuff, fine, just put the same kind of lockout as the Crystal Tower's or make it impossible for players who already cleared it during the week to loot (even if they didn't actually get a loot - not the best solution, but at least they could train more and help others), but please do something about it.

Tabris

Stop being so mean Qhon :)

Fuck that sucks.. :/

Honestly I'm not really bothered by it. We got a bunch of time on Saturday and we've been to 1%. We'll get there, just depends how long it takes us this weekend.

Semper88

Stop being so mean Qhon :)

Honestly I'm not really bothered by it. We got a bunch of time on Saturday and we've been to 1%. We'll get there, just depends how long it takes us this weekend.

true, the kill is almost there! if can get to 1% its yours anyway.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
At least he is aware of the players' wishes... But I just wish they got rid of the lockout by now. It is archaic, anti-fun, and it creates a ton of problems overall. The players should still have the possibility to play a content, for fun or training purposes. If they don't want people getting tons of stuff, fine, just put the same kind of lockout as the Crystal Tower's or make it impossible for players who already cleared it during the week to loot (even if they didn't actually get a loot - not the best solution, but at least they could train more and help others), but please do something about it.

As lot of the design of the game is all of the bolded. At this point, I can only think it's done for control. To strictly control player progression to a fine level. Why? I have no clue. =/

Semper88

As lot of the design of the game is all of the bolded. At this point, I can only think it's done for control. To strictly control player progression to a fine level. Why? I have no clue. =/

To keep people busy, not losing subs.

I've been raiding for a long long time now and cleared up to T9 yet my gear is made out of two High Allagan pieces and the rest 110 soldiery gear. We've had the worst RNG on tank loot and if it dropped i've always lost it to the MT (he might need it more then me tho).

Yet the sense of a new chance every week keeps me playing and hoping i'll eventually get something.

Being able to get the best loot in little time makes people cancel their sub untill new content arises.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Being able to get the best loot in little time makes people cancel their sub untill new content arises.

It's a fine line to walk, because not being able to get into the fray at all because of insurmountable scheduling/lockout/party configuration hurdles will also make people drop the sub.
Would I not come into T7 when asked even though I have all the loot from it?
I dunno. I would. That shit's fun.

&#28961;&#29702;&#12466;&#12540;&#12394;&#12435;&#12384;&#12363;&#12425;&#12373;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom