• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

* New crafting/gathering gear appears to be Artisan/Forager's which means... It's not meldable? Are they removing materia from equation? That'd be something.

Please tell me you are joking. Please tell me I didn't farm over 200 hundred gathering materias for nothing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Please tell me you are joking. Please tell me I didn't farm over 200 hundred gathering materias for nothing.

You'll probably need old gear regardless in order to take that next step which in turn requires Mastercraft and...
I think Yoshi lied about that balance adjustment for crafting progression.

studyguy

Rabbit Medium?

Also NIN is a tank's best friend apparently.
My PLD is happy with these buffs and will play nicely with the new job as well.
I wish the SA/TA redirected enmity though like XI. Maybe a passive will allow it? Who knows.

Jayhawk

I like how the majority of the Rogue actions pay homage to the Thief in FFXI. The names for the Ninjutsu spells are the same from FFXI as well.

Zalasta

Requiring more recipes using mastercraft demimateria without increasing how they are obtained is just ridiculous. Let the grind continues (unless you're willing to pay for them).

studyguy

FFXIV|OT6| 3hr DPS Queues? Believe it!

we naruto now
Kurama-Naruto-Sasuke.jpg

dramatis

They're implementing item level sync for all of the dungeons from 50 to past patch. Sync is i110.

Cheers to the chocobo bums:
To allow players who do not own an estate to increase the maximum rank of their chocobo companions, Thavnairian onions can now be used while a chocobo companion is summoned in the field.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Requiring more recipes using mastercraft demimateria without increasing how they are obtained is just ridiculous. Let the grind continues (unless you're willing to pay for them).

There's probably new ways to acquire mastercraft demi, they must've been left out not to cause any economic turmoil.

Jayhawk

Since Artisan tools can desynth into Mastercraft demimateria, the new off-hand tools may also desynth into Mastercraft demimateria. Blacksmith desynth might be the best new gilmaker.

Toth

I like how the majority of the Rogue actions pay homage to the Thief in FFXI. The names for the Ninjutsu spells are the same from FFXI as well.

They are constantly paying homage to FFXI and while it's neat, it does rob the game of its own unique identity in a way.

Jayhawk

Probably drops from new dungeons, because there's nothing else to drop from there. Unless they'll make those exclusively myth mat farms and ahahaha fuck that

By stock up, I mean fill my inventory with myth gear before the patch using allied seals.

iammeiam

Alchemy gets the ninja weapons. Guess I need to make the alch AF gear finally.

Really hope they add Bloody Knife Blades to a bunch of leves.

Zalasta

Since Artisan tools can desynth into Mastercraft demimateria, the new off-hand tools may also desynth into Mastercraft demimateria. Blacksmith desynth might be the best new gilmaker.

There's probably new ways to acquire mastercraft demi, they must've been left out not to cause any economic turmoil.

Well, I kind of meant as in ways other than through desynthesis.

I am curious under what circumstance would one actually use the new item to reset the desynthesis level.

dramatis

From my zoom and enhance (non-CSI level), I guess we can say
Tanks share a set.
MNK, DRG, BRD, and NIN have different sets.
Casters share a set.
Healers share a set.

Accessories will most likely be shared amongst tanks however, and probably between BRD and NIN.

The sum total of Dreadwyrm items is 67, one more than the XIVDB search I got for High Allagan items. That one item is probably NIN weapon.

Valor

Ah man, Rogue looks pretty sick. Those abilities are going to make MNK/NIN the chosen pair of melee deeps. Constant 20% damage bonus, plus slashing down, leaving WAR free to drop BB like it's going out of style, plus a couple of (shitty) sneak attacks to open pulls. Combo system looks like it has layers to it and isn't wholly dependent on positionals. RIP DRG.

dramatis

Ah man, Rogue looks pretty sick. Those abilities are going to make MNK/NIN the chosen pair of melee deeps. Constant 20% damage bonus, plus slashing down, leaving WAR free to drop BB like it's going out of style, plus a couple of (shitty) sneak attacks to open pulls. Combo system looks like it has layers to it and isn't wholly dependent on positionals. RIP DRG.
I saw that edit

WolvenOne

Okay.

Liking the slight DRG buffs. Granted, those few CD's being on a shorter cooldown only slightly helps overall DPS output, but every little bit helps. Now just adjust their defense a smidge and I'll be happy. (Slightly lower physical defense, slightly raise magical defense.)

Morale increases your ilvl during PVP? Nice, there's a reason to actually use it now. Also, 10% Damage output buff for Warriors in PVP, also very nice.

Also: ilvl Synch added to all current dungeons. Not entirely surprising, was relieved to see it's 110 though. Don't really want to go back to the days when Wanderers Palace was a challenge. XD

And yes, I saw that slashing damage buff that Rogue/Ninja puts up. WAR's will still need to occasionally need to use Maim though, for the damage buff it applies on themselves.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So, what happens if you are queued up and disconnect? Is that counted as a withdraw?
90k's on Tuesday are going to suck if so.

It only counts as a withdraw if the duty popped and THEN you withdrew.
If you queued but then changed your mind before a party was matched, it doesn't count.

List of new ingredients:
Gatherable:

Platinum Ore (Platinum Nugget, Platinum Ingot)
Ebony Log (Ebony Lumber)
Soldiery purchase:
Wootz Ore (Wootz Ingot, Allagan Wootz Nugget)
Arachne Web (Arachne Velveteen
Allagan Silk
Kirimu Leather
Allagan Leather
Borax (organics catalyst a-la animal fat)
Raziqsap (platinum catalyst a-la coke)
Dubbin (leather catalyst a-la hardened sap)
Oaknot purchase:
Ehcatl Sealant (new crafting gear component)
Xelphatol Spring Water (new cooking component)

Zalasta

I'll be using one to reset my LTW desynth that is in the 40s, since I changed my mind on my 3rd desynth.

But what is the advantage to reset it rather than have it just decrease as you level the 3rd desynth you really want? In fact, wouldn't it be better to keep it so that when you do get a decrease, it will have a chance of picking LTW rather than the other 2 you want to keep?

Sorian

Banned
That withdraw penalty is a dumb change btw. Looking forward to the inevitable back step on it or community riot when it doesn't work as intended.

Valor

I saw that edit

YOU DON'T KNOW ME. THERE IS NO EDIT THING ON MY POST, SO.

But in the list it has

Fending
Maiming
Striking
Aiming
Casting
Healing

Maiming is typically DRG, and Striking is likely just MNK. I don't know why the outfits look different, though :x If they're making old MNK gear have Dex, maybe new MNK stuff has Dex?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
"Mug" Additional Effect: Increases the amount of items dropped by target if Mug is the finishing blow.
Ninjabots assemble

Did it say the conversation rate from myth to sold in there? Also which one of those soldiery mats is the smart money?
They're all spread fairly evenly in largely the same way Myth mats are right now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ah man, Rogue looks pretty sick. Those abilities are going to make MNK/NIN the chosen pair of melee deeps. Constant 20% damage bonus, plus p(shitty) sneak attacks to open pulls. Combo system looks like it has layers to it and isn't wholly dependent on positionals. RIP DRG.
Believe in the Dragoon buffs coming in the final 2.4 patch notes.

aceface

Also it seemed to be saying that there's gonna be a one to one correspondence between soldiery/myth drops now and poetics/soldiery drops post patch? That part was obtuse. If so we can expect hunts to drop the same number of poetics as they drop soldiery now?

WolvenOne

Believe in the Dragoon buffs coming in the final 2.4 patch notes.

Just the shorter CD's on certain moves will help some, since those moves will be available more frequently when Blood for Blood and Internal Release are ready to pop. IE: You'll be able to make use of your full burst more frequently.

Sorian

Banned
Also it seemed to be saying that there's gonna be a one to one correspondence between soldiery/myth drops now and poetics/soldiery drops post patch? That part was obtuse. If so we can expect hunts to drop the same number of poetics as they drop soldiery now?

That's how I read. Really surprised if that's true. Let hunts be reborn.

dramatis

YOU DON'T KNOW ME. THERE IS NO EDIT THING ON MY POST, SO.

But in the list it has

Fending
Maiming
Striking
Aiming
Casting
Healing

Maiming is typically DRG, and Striking is likely just MNK. I don't know why the outfits look different, though :x If they're making old MNK gear have Dex, maybe new MNK stuff has Dex?
Do you want Bookey to have a stroke

That's weird though. Is the Warrior in the image wearing the DRG set? Because that does not look like a goddamn spear.

Zalasta

Megalodon Jaws:

Megalodon
Treated Spruce Lumber x2
Mythril Ingot x2
Shark Oil x2

Is this the first time a fish is used in a non-food/reagent recipe?

Baleoce

Mug:

"Delivers an attack with a potency of 140.
Additional Effect: Increases the amount of items dropped by target if Mug is the finishing blow.
Viper Venom Effect: Changes additional effect to absorb 50% of damage as HP"

And "THF kill" comes full circle xD

Jayhawk

But what is the advantage to reset it rather than have it just decrease as you level the 3rd desynth you really want? In fact, wouldn't it be better to keep it so that when you do get a decrease, it will have a chance of picking LTW rather than the other 2 you want to keep?

Because I already have 3 other skills at 85+ and capped at 300 total skill. I have to do extra work to force it to decrease LTW and not something else. I've lost at least 0.5 WVR from being capped.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Parade Chocobo is awarded for 3000 commendations.
Wind-up Loisouix is predictably awarded for completing Coil.
Best Gown Ever is the reward for 1500 commendations.

Perhaps worth noting Dreadwyrm gear is called Bahamut gear in Japanese version.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nothing in those patch notes suggest the 20% damage is for anyone but the Rogue/Ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom