• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

Congrats. I still need to do Mog Ex and the others. I've taken my eye off the ball with those extreme primals. Or maybe Titan just demoralised me.

Sooooo are these new dungeons going to be stuffed full of crafting mats or no?

MoogleEX is so much fun! Plus I love my moogle axe, the noise it makes!

scy

Oh man. Getting hyped.

The following duties, trials, and raids have been added to the Duty Finder:

Raids
The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - Turn 1 / The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - Turn 2 / The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - Turn 3 / The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - Turn 4

...yeah, okay.

iammeiam

Maybe the new dungeon will cut out the middleman and just stuff chests full of GC seals.

Also final coil bow has me motivated to try to kill Nael at some point. This is awful.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Savage roulette. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

One of the most ridiculous parts of the new crafting are 81 ehcatl sealants which cost 8 oaknots each. If you get them at 1:8 rate, that's 108 days of slaving away at Ixali dailies. 2:8 rate? 54 days.

Zalasta

Because I already have 3 other skills at 85+ and capped at 300 total skill. I have to do extra work to force it to decrease LTW and not something else. I've lost at least 0.5 WVR from being capped.

That makes more sense, being capped means every gain will result in a loss in something else, rather than just a chance of it.

I'm not sure if it was smart of me to do this but I put a few points in every craft to minimize the ones I want to keep from decreasing as often.

Munba

Players can now board the Rhotano privateer, a large fishing vessel off the coast of Costa del Sol in Eastern La Noscea.

Mmh... only to travel or for fishing in the sea?
(first probably i know.. sigh)

Valor

Do you want Bookey to have a stroke
Maybe. Then I could have a legit shot at top dps once in a while.

That's weird though. Is the Warrior in the image wearing the DRG set? Because that does not look like a goddamn spear.
It could be. It looks like an axe, yeah, which is pretty perplexing. Then again, there are no giraffe WAR, so it must be a DRG.

Nothing in those patch notes suggest the 20% damage is for anyone but the Rogue/Ninja.
Not saying it's for anyone else. Just saying that that's a constant 20% damage buff where MNK needs to re-up their with Twin Snakes on top of the Fists of Fire like 5% damage buff. Ninja has all of that just by existing. Then they can regen a MNK's TP without BRDs having to lower their damage output to sing Paeon. If the TP regen ability has that rumored Trait that would increase its potency, the TP regen skill could be cross-classable to other jobs, which is just disgusting in all ways.

Sorian

Banned
Not saying it's for anyone else. Just saying that that's a constant 20% damage buff where MNK needs to re-up their with Twin Snakes on top of the Fists of Fire like 5% damage buff. Ninja has all of that just by existing.

NIN DPS boost for being sexy.

Maybe. Then I could have a legit shot at top dps once in a while.

It could be. It looks like an axe, yeah, which is pretty perplexing. Then again, there are no giraffe WAR, so it must be a DRG.

Not saying it's for anyone else. Just saying that that's a constant 20% damage buff where MNK needs to re-up their with Twin Snakes on top of the Fists of Fire like 5% damage buff. Ninja has all of that just by existing. Then they can regen a MNK's TP without BRDs having to lower their damage output to sing Paeon. If the TP regen ability has that rumored Trait that would increase its potency, the TP regen skill could be cross-classable to other jobs, which is just disgusting in all ways.

20% does not equal 62% inc dmg monk has. sorry to disappoint galen (probably should just stick with poking fun at angary). Also you have to decide between kagari and drama for eternal bond. get moving son

scy

I just wonder if there's a Hide usable in combat Trait. Otherwise, how in the hell do you get Trick Attack off as anything but an awkward opener?

I agree with Galen on this, it's sounding like NIN is the melee bro like BRD is the caster bro (outside of Paeon).

studyguy

So now we basically have a tradeoff of melee on utility beyond just DEEPS

MNK being a self sustaining powerhouse of DPS but not really having much other than mantra to help the team

DRG helping out the BRD that will inevitably be in the party

NIN helping out the tank if for whatever reason they don't have a WAR partner for slash debuffs. At least you'll know that the slash debuff will in full effect 100% of the time. Oh and the TP refresh good lord

Beyond just DPS I like the possible utility I see in melees.

scy

NIN helping out the tank if for whatever reason they don't have a WAR partner for slash debuffs. At least you'll know that the slash debuff will in full effect 100% of the time.

Well, it depends. Spinning Edge -> Shadow Fang for the DoT and then Spinning Edge -> Gust Slash -> Aeolian Edge x2 is most likely more damage if the WAR is doing the debuff. I think there's room for the Ninja to do literally all of it but it is a 60pot hit if they do it instead of the WAR.

Plus figuring out how to weave in Huton, Doton, and Raiton I guess so maybe there's less GCDs than I'm expecting.

WolvenOne

So now we basically have a tradeoff of melee on utility beyond just DEEPS

MNK being a self sustaining powerhouse of DPS but not really having much other than mantra to help the team

DRG helping out the BRD that will inevitably be in the party

NIN helping out the tank if for whatever reason they don't have a WAR partner for slash debuffs. At least you'll know that the slash debuff will in full effect 100% of the time. Oh and the TP refresh good lord

Beyond just DPS I like the possible utility I see in melees.

If a Ninja can keep the slashing debuff up, it also frees up a Warrior to keep the Storms Path debuff up on an enemy, in addition to doing more Butchers Blocks.

Granted, a 10% reduction in damage isn't necessary for most fights, but it makes life easier on the healers, and WAR's will need to put up Maim occasionally anyway, using one more GCD for the full Storms Path won't be much of a DPS loss.

(Besides, PLD's will probably need a GCD here and there, to keep ahead of the Butchers Block enmity generation.)

dramatis

Best Man's Jacket Body Item Level: 1 / Equipment Level: 1
Bridesmaid's Dress Body Item Level: 1 / Equipment Level: 1 Fits: All ♀
Looks like girls can wear the tux.

There's also a body piece called this:
The Best Gown Ever Body Item Level: 55 / Equipment Level: 50
???

studyguy

If a Ninja can keep the slashing debuff up, it also frees up a Warrior to keep the Storms Path debuff up on an enemy, in addition to doing more Butchers Blocks.

Granted, a 10% reduction in damage isn't necessary for most fights, but it makes life easier on the healers, and WAR's will need to put up Maim occasionally anyway, using one more GCD for the full Storms Path won't be much of a DPS loss.

(Besides, PLD's will probably need a GCD here and there, to keep ahead of the Butchers Block enmity generation.)

I didn't consider what Scy mentioned, who knows how this will go, but either way I like the fact that the NIN might give the tank that flexibility.

Valor

I just wonder if there's a Hide usable in combat Trait. Otherwise, how in the hell do you get Trick Attack off as anything but an awkward opener?

I would wonder why they'd lock Hide's usability behind a trait. I guess a Stealth cross-class option wouldn't be a horrible thing, especially if the expansion is gonna bring us to deadlier 1.0-esque areas.

Anyway, Trick Attack and Sneak Attack appear to have generally low usability in any sort of content that will matter. What a waste of two attack slots if this ends up being the case. Especially Trick Attack, since that does the damage down debuff, I think, which is really not important to use at the start when there's typically Stoneskin and full health Tanks going into the fray. I guess it makes all of that last a couple seconds longer and you do quite a bit of damage, but...

Looks like girls can wear the tux.
We can both wear the tux at our wedding Eternal Bonding ceremony. So dapper.

studyguy

I want to see the passives here, but I'm thinking you can easily
Perfect Dodge > Trick Attack the guy in the face without worrying about eating instant death AoEs.
That still seems stupid dangerous though.

Taruranto

An armoire furnishing has been added, and can be placed inside the estate hall.

Uh?
Conjurer
White Mage Regen Cannot be stacked in Frontline or the Wolves' Den.
Medica II Cannot be stacked in Frontline or the Wolves' Den

Dat stealth healer nerf (again).

In order to maintain the difficulty of certain duties, item level sync has been applied to the following dungeons:

This could be co-

Item Level Synce 110

wut

Valor

Perfect Dodge > Trick Attack the guy in the face without worrying about eating instant death AoEs.

I would agree, if not for

Can only be executed when under the effect of Hide, and shares a recast timer with Sneak Attack.

in addition to

Hide said:
Cannot be executed while in combat.

scy

Anyway, Trick Attack and Sneak Attack appear to have generally low usability in any sort of content that will matter. What a waste of two attack slots if this ends up being the case. Especially Trick Attack, since that does the damage down debuff, I think, which is really not important to use at the start when there's typically Stoneskin and full health Tanks going into the fray. I guess it makes all of that last a couple seconds longer and you do quite a bit of damage, but...

Trick Attack is the +10% Damage taken on the target. Would be absolutely glorious.

Sneak Attack is the Hiding + face one, Trick Attack is while Hiding + Rear.

Allard

I would agree, if not for

in addition to

Pretty sure the suiton buff allows you to be in the 'condition' of hide while in combat. When showing Ninja before in trailers it showed suiton in use, 2 actions suddenly became available and upon their use the suiton effect went away. Ninjutsu are on 20 second recast timer, and the two hide based abilities are on 60 second timers. They will have a place in the rotation if suiton does indeed allow them use in combat.

dark_chris

Dat References

- The Path of the Righteous
- The Trouble with Truffles
- Death of a Mailman
- The Wrath of Qarn
- Grinners in the Mist
- Once Upon a Time in Doma
- Let it Go
- ...for beginners.

I always laugh to and love stuff like that.

scy

Pretty sure the suiton buff allows you to be in the 'condition' of hide while in combat. When showing Ninja before in trailers it showed suiton in use, 2 actions suddenly became available and upon their use the suiton effect went away. Ninjutsu are on 20 second recast timer, and the two hide based abilities are on 60 second timers. They will have a place in the rotation if suiton does indeed allow them use in combat.

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping for since it seems to be the best way to make Suiton useful. No other word on what Suiton does and I can't imagine Sneak / Trick Attack being left as a useless skill for most situations so this seems the most likely.

It probably still requires 8 people to queue

Duty Finder though so I don't think so.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
heESkaf.png

This gear is somehow more Allagan than Coil gear.
I don't even understand.

iammeiam

It probably still requires 8 people to queue

I would like to meet the people that would want to DF Savage T7 without a premade. Just... Why.

Duty Finder though so I don't think so.

Primals are precedent for putting content in DF but requiring a full party to queue. Ramuh started like that; Shiva should too.

It'd be smart to have as a requirement just to prevent people accidentally queuing for the wrong one.

Jayhawk

The High Allagan ROG weapon is called High Allagan Cleavers and the relic weapon is called Yoshimitsu. THAT TEKKEN REFERENCE FOR BOOKEY.

WolvenOne

I also rather like that Flash and Circle of Scorn are getting higher enmity generation.

Flash, while not as useful as Overpower, is situationally useful already, (Doesn't damage the target, don't need to be targeting or facing an enemy to use it, etc.) With increased emnity generation though, it'll be more useful.

I cannot tell you how many times I've had a short voice in T7, and I had to pray that a partial rotation and a few Flash's would be enough to hold the target until I could turn around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom