• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That bow >>>>>>>>>> Rosenbogen.

I'm eh on most of the armor--both poetics and coil gear are probably better than the stuff we have now but aren't spectacular--but am enjoying the weapon design.

That whm cane
I won't see it for 2+ months
But I need it so bad

scy

Primals are precedent for putting content in DF but requiring a full party to queue. Ramuh started like that; Shiva should too.

It'd be smart to have as a requirement just to prevent people accidentally queuing for the wrong one.

Oh, I didn't know about that. Alright then, nevermind then.

Tome gear:

heESkaf.png

No but seriously, what is going on with that Monk.

I also rather like that Flash and Circle of Scorn are getting higher enmity generation.

It'll be nice to smooth out picking up Dreads in T8 or something with a better Circle. Besides that, just nice to have some extra enmity.

WolvenOne

Tome gear looks interesting. High Allagan Heavy Coat, and the Warrior AF, are still the best looking Tank pieces in the game though.

Not that I won't show off final Coil gear once I get it. XD

Jayhawk

So, I will be stocking up on Allagan Silk and Arachne Web. I am speculating the silk is from soldiery tomes and the web is a drop from the new dungeons. PLEASE PROVIDE ME WEBS FOR YOUR WEDDING GEARS.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So, I will be stocking up on Allagan Silk and Arachne Web. I am speculating the silk is from soldiery tomes and the web is a drop from the new dungeons. PLEASE PROVIDE ME WEBS FOR YOUR WEDDING GEARS.

Web should also be a soldiery mat.

Stuart444

So I guess the nerfs they mentioned for SCoB will be in the final patch notes?

I still have my Zenith, I'll probably try and get the tome wep while working on my Zodiac.

Looking forward to 2.4, really hype for it :D

iammeiam

Man, being a fabulous tuxedo disco ninja is going to be so expensive. So many philo mats.
Also I just saw that the south seas furniture is craftable. WHAT IS THE POINT OF NEW FISHES.

Jayhawk

New crafting/gathering gear:
-new i70 offhands
-new i60 gloves, pants, and boots
-new i60 body for gatherers

Interesting that they're adding new crafting gloves so soon after the Ixali gloves.

BadRNG

The gear pictures are confusing, how does NIN have it's own outfit if they share with either MNK or BRD?

Anyway, looking at the NIN skill set, they may end up with lowest melee dps but good support like I thought. The 20% damage boost is nice but their moves have lower potency then DRG and DRG has 15% bonus too, on top of a lot of off GCD potency skills. And of course neither compare to MNK bonuses. Of course if the Suiton buff works like people here are speculating, the support benefits more than out weight the dps difference (just like brd). I'm not sure why you'd bring a DRG at this point, it was already arguably better to do MNKxMNK, now NINxMNK will likely be clear winner.

Ignoring DRG then the question is if NIN's support outweights MNKs monster dps.

iammeiam

-new i70 offhands

Interesting that they're adding new crafting gloves so soon after the Ixali gloves.

- i80 fishing rod

Which looks like it might be a quest reward from the Titanic Sawfish followup?

Is it awful if I hope you have to have supra to complete the quest?

WolvenOne

-new i70 offhands

Ixali gloves will be great for relatively new crafters, for a fairly long time. Especially given that they're essentially free to anyone that finished the Ixali dailies.

scy

clearly time for me to gear a NIN

And isn't NIN's big attack a higher potency than Full Thrust? It's 320. Raiton is also a 360 hit too depending on how that gets weaved in, though probably not worth it vs Trick Attack uptime if that's how it works.

Edit: 330 > 320 derp

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The gear pictures are confusing, how does NIN have it's own outfit if they share with either MNK or BRD?

Anyway, looking at the NIN skill set, they may end up with lowest melee dps but good support like I thought. The 20% damage boost is nice but their moves have lower potency then DRG and DRG has 15% bonus too, on top of a lot of off GCD potency skills. And of course neither compare to MNK bonuses. Of course if the Suiton buff works like people here are speculating, the support benefits more than out weight the dps difference (just like brd). I'm not sure why you'd bring a DRG at this point, it was already arguably better to do MNKxMNK, now NINxMNK will likely be clear winner.

Ignoring DRG then the question is if NIN's support outweights MNKs monster dps.

Looks like coil is shared with monk but tome might be with aiming? I don't know.

Side note, Shiva weapons are only i110. Vanity confirmed.

scy

That's the problem with Soldiery -> HA being +5 ilvl. Can't have new EX be an intermediate step and it's awkward to have them equal to the previous top raid drop.

Maybe they'll have better stat allocations on some at least I guess. Better question is probably how often will they actually drop :x

WolvenOne

Easier to get unidentified tomestone and a sand at that point.

True, but I'll be using Soldiery for Mats, and probably the Relic Quest, when they add another step in that process. Anything that saves me 1200 Soldiery will be appreciated, in the short term.

Still, would've gone 115 myself. Would've made it an excellent weapon for people that still need to down T9, and don't have Relics for whatever class.

TheMink

Wow super hyped for ninja, those DRG buffs are a good start but something else needs to be done to DRG, Idk what.

DRG is my only lvl 50 combat class (definitely ninja now) so I'm welcoming all DRG buffs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They kinda goofed with Leviathan being i95 I think... cause T5 was still more difficult at the time lol. Shiva weapons being i110 make sense if you stack it next to Turn 9.

Bookey

Professional Monk
Oh man, read the notes and cant wait to do some nin. Ppl didnt believe us when we said relic is back on relicstatus if you want 115, no easy free 115 non coil weps

BadRNG

Wow super hyped for ninja, those DRG buffs are a good start but something else needs to be done to DRG, Idk what.

DRG is my only lvl 50 combat class (definitely ninja now) so I'm welcoming all DRG buffs.
Outside of a straight up flat potency buff I'm not sure what can be done for them either. They have crap support and crap (comparative) dps, yet also difficult to play/master. The only thing they bring over other melee dps is better aoe, but when you got BLMs who can do that stuff infinitely (while having better single target dps), what's the point?

At least they are still fun in PvP for the burst. In PvE I don't know why people bring them unless they don't have any choice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Outside of a straight up flat potency buff I'm not sure what can be done for them either. They have crap support and crap (comparative) dps, yet also difficult to play/master. The only thing they bring over other melee dps is better aoe, but when you got BLMs who can do that stuff infinitely (while having better single target dps), what's the point?

At least they are still fun in PvP for the burst. In PvE I don't know why people bring them unless they don't have any choice.

Wait for DRG Expansion.

i'm hype for dreadwyrm gear. Get to look like a dragon, hell yea. Screw visors and weirdly looking hi tech scifi fantasy nonsense. Get at me

WolvenOne

Yeeeeeah, DRG still needs a sliiiiiight buff. Nothing too major, because Master DRG's do bring respectable DPS to the table, but still, a slight buff seems necessary at this point.

Granted, Spineshatter and Dragonsfire Dive will help, "slightly," in that respect, but I'd guess it'd only make 10, maaaaaybe 20 DPS difference, over the course of a long fight like T8.

Valor

Yeeeeeah, DRG still needs a sliiiiiight buff. Nothing too major, because Master DRG's do bring respectable DPS to the table, but still, a slight buff seems necessary at this point.

Granted, Spineshatter and Dragonsfire Dive will help, "slightly," in that respect, but I'd guess it'd only make 10, maaaaaybe 20 DPS difference, over the course of a long fight like T8.

They need Det on their gear. That's all.

Sorian

Banned
I have a sure fire way to increase any DRG's dps. Go find some claws and equip those instead. Then check your soul stones and see if you have one for a job called "Monk" If not, that's ok, you'll just have to do some leveling. I guarantee better numbers or your money back.

the good thing about the drg buffs is that you aren't stuck for 1/10th of second after a jump before you can do a gcd skill. That was/maybe still be the main problem with jumps. The other issues they have is that they rely on positionals way more than any other class and the only good dps cooldown they have is b4b which isn't that great compared to what mnk's get. Burst isn't as good as blm and the buff they give w/ disembowel can be negated if the dude just went mnk in the first place and not drg. Dragoons are old news until they get better utility or better cooldowns/skills.

Why do you think the drg is in the back in the picture above? Old news

Get at my scything

Wilsongt

Yay, patchnote impressions!:

- Lots of a lot of new quests.
- Oh look, Mistbeard helm tied to maps. I'll never see it, then.
- Armoire in the house. Yay! \o/
- Nice to see that book prices have dropped, so I can finish my animus next week, perhaps.
- ILv80 for the new dungeons. Eh.
- Yay, everyone will now idle in North Thanalan instead of North Shroud. Now I can finish the Ixali quests without lagging like a bitch.
- Gil rewards in ST and weekly limit gone, yaaas. Easy way to farm sands. XD
- Mirror drop rate increased, lol. Too bad I still haven't beaten Levi EX.
- iLv Sync seems odd, but it makes sense given that people will be able to plow through high level with new gear.
- So with the withdraw penalty, guess there won't be anything like Mythflox anymore.
- Thank God pets can't take floor damage anymore. That's mostly what killed Ruru in places like AV.
- So the Noel looking gear was Ninja's Coil 3 gear. Nice.
- 4 star recipes, lol. I'll never make money crafting. :(
- Time to farm Coil 1 to desyth
- Let it go... >_>
- Shiva weapons are 110... and Allagan are now 135... NIce.
- Ultros Minion <3
- A baby fat chocobo! <3
- Lots of new stuff to craft.

All in all, not too many quality of life changes, and is mostly geared toward getting ready for Ninja and final coil.

Shiva being iLevel 110 makes no sense given how easy it will be to get Soldiery Weapons after 2.4

Well, it does in a way because of secondary stat differences. Such as the Rosenbogen doesn't have ACC, but Shiva's bow might. Or, either the SMN/SCH book is shit, but Shiva's caster book might not be.

Edit:

Poetics caster gear doesn't look like shit. YAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom