• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Well, it does in a way because of secondary stat differences. Such as the Rosenbogen doesn't have ACC, but Shiva's bow might. Or, either the SMN/SCH book is shit, but Shiva's caster book might not be.

finally, an i110 SCH book worth using

Fish that appear only in certain combinations of weather conditions have been added.

Fuck you, SE. I'm willing to bet there's a fish that's quadruple mooch, requires 2 rare weather conditions back to back, with a 2-hour window, with only a 10% chance of hooking it and a 5% chance of reeling it in when you have the highest amount of gathering possible only to end up blowing it up when you try to desynth or getting only sand from it.

WolvenOne

the good thing about the drg buffs is that you aren't stuck for 1/10th of second after a jump before you can do a gcd skill. That was/maybe still be the main problem with jumps. The other issues they have is that they rely on positionals way more than any other class and the only good dps cooldown they have is b4b which isn't that great compared to what mnk's get. Burst isn't as good as blm and the buff they give w/ disembowel can be negated if the dude just went mnk in the first place and not drg. Dragoons are old news until they get better utility or better cooldowns/skills.

Why do you think the drg is in the back in the picture above? Old news

Increase Potency for True Thrust by 10 to 15, and you're done.

True Thrust is by far the weakest aspect of the DRG rotation, and making it less of a waste *despite being necessary,* would immediately put DRG's single target DPS within acceptable range of Monk's. Pretty certain Monk would still be stronger, but DRG would have better AoE, and would buff Bard, and that'd go a long way towards making up the remaining difference.

Only other change besides that, that I'd like to see, is a defense adjustment. Specifically, an increase in magic defense, in exchange for some of DRG's physical defense. (Gotta keep it balanced.)

WolvenOne

Don't worry.

It'll be HQ Sand.

Honestly, I wonder if it'd be better to just work out Phlebotomize and Chaos Thrust DoT's getting buffed by Disembowel.

That'd probably do it too. My point is that, it wouldn't take much of a buff to put DRG's baseline DPS within acceptable range of Monk's. After that the buff they offer to Bards, and the better AoE, would make up the difference, and make them just about as desirable.

Granted, I'm factoring the DPS increase the improved Spineshatter/Dragonfire CDs will bring, and it's difficult to factor that in without going in and looking at some parsing.

aceface

So I guess the nerfs they mentioned for SCoB will be in the final patch notes?

I still have my Zenith, I'll probably try and get the tome wep while working on my Zodiac.

Looking forward to 2.4, really hype for it :D

They said second coil nerfs aren't coming for two weeks or so after the patch. So, they might have separate notes for it then.

Increase Potency for True Thrust by 10 to 15, and you're done.

True Thrust is by far the weakest aspect of the DRG rotation, and making it less of a waste *despite being necessary,* would immediately put DRG's single target DPS within acceptable range of Monk's. Pretty certain Monk would still be stronger, but DRG would have better AoE, and would buff Bard, and that'd go a long way towards making up the remaining difference.

Only other change besides that, that I'd like to see, is a defense adjustment. Specifically, an increase in magic defense, in exchange for some of DRG's physical defense. (Gotta keep it balanced.)

doubt that would help a lot, and drg are not aoe machines. if you want to aoe bring blm's, not dragoons.

plake

I'm so envious of you all getting to play 2.4 soon. I can't wait for me being back in the game late December.
With new i130/135, I guess this is the last ilv buff before the expansion.

This is the only thing I got for the patch notes.

6378f50e359d5753715d3140fe0482c3e441d852_43.png

What.

WolvenOne

Since nobody has brought it up yet.

WAR's after getting an effectively getting a slight buff, as the Storms Eye Debuff is being increased to 20 seconds, *on par with the Ninja debuff.* Basically means they'll have 18 Seconds to toss out Butchers Block before buffs run out, instead of 15.

Granted, Ninja buffs do the same effective thing, but they won't always be available, especially early in 2.4

Eldren

Oh wow that caster tome gear looks brilliant. WAY better than the ridiculous soldiery gear. I didn't see anything about hunts dropping poetics, is it safe to assume they will once mythology have been removed? And presumably there'll be a similar system with the Encrypted Tomestone as there was with the UAT - only dropped from Final Coil for now and then added to the third part of Crystal Tower next patch? May end up getting the gear before the weapon this time around.

I love patch notes. Looking at the recipe gear:
6378f50e359d5753715d3140fe0482c3e441d852_35.png

The pirate-y looking one is probably BRD gear, or at least Disciple of War gear, and the two robe-y looking sets (the blue and white on the right and the black and red Lalafell) are healer and caster gear, I'd guess? I like the set that looks like orange ROG gear but I doubt my BLM can equip it. May as well learn NIN then!

WolvenOne

doubt that would help a lot, and drg are not aoe machines. if you want to aoe bring blm's, not dragoons.

They aren't AoE machines, but they can do passable AoE damage in a pinch. This was very helpful back when T4 was an actual challenge.

Also, keep in mind that DRG's are already getting a slight buff in this patch, in the form of shortened recasts for two of their off GCD moves. This probably won't help a ton, but it's a start, and a slight buff to either their Dots, or True Thrust, would probably do it.

Granted, my goal here, is to get similarly geared/skilled Monks/DRG's, to within about 50 DPS of eachother, on content like T8. I don't think they need absolute DPS parity, seeing as DRG in theory brings some support and flexibility to the table that Monk cannot.

The PvP rank requirement for equipping item level 90 PvP gear such as direwolf equipment has been removed.

Finally can glamour that stuff.

Oh wow, the exchange rate of Myth to Soldiery is 2:1, huh? So 1000 free soldiery on Tuesday?

Northern Thanalan for Final Coil entry, huh?

The drop rate for the following Extreme primal battle rewards has been increased:
Nightmare Whistle / Aithon Whistle / Xanthos Whistle / Gullfaxi Whistle / Enbarr Whistle / Markab Whistle

MAH BOI YOSHIP!

In order to maintain the difficulty of certain duties, item level sync has been applied to the following dungeons: The Wanderer's Palace, Amdapor Keep, Pharos Sirius, Copperbell Mines (Hard), Haukke Manor (Hard), The Lost City of Amdapor, Halatali (Hard), Brayflox's Longstop (Hard), Hullbreaker Isle, The Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard), The Stone Vigil (Hard)

Oh boy, here come the ilvl caps. Guess it's okay for dungeons, just don't ever apply it to primals/raids.

Players who select Withdraw from the Duty Ready confirmation window or allow the window to time out without making a selection three times or more in one day, will be temporarily prohibited from registering for duties via the Duty Finder.

Will wait and see what the penalty is and how plausible it is to normally get this penalty when you accidentally leave certain duties checked in DF (I do this frequently, but not sure I do it 3 times a day).

Pets are no longer affected by damage-dealing floor areas./

Yay, I don't have to worry about moving Eos/Selene ever again except for Heavensfall (or will that even count now?).

Oh snap, Soldiery Gear now available through hunts. And all those Allagan items can now be traded in...but YoshiP said we should hold on to our allagan stuff...

OMG at all those new desynthesis items.

DAT SHIVA PONY, I MUST HAVE IT.

I'm so envious of you all getting to play 2.4 soon. I can't wait for me being back in the game late December.
With new i130/135, I guess this is the last ilv buff before the expansion.

This is the only thing I got for the patch notes.

6378f50e359d5753715d3140fe0482c3e441d852_43.png

What.

note to self: Never get a BJ from a Female Roe

WolvenOne

So, I just noticed the Ninja skill, Goad.

The description makes it sound like that isn't a CD. Is that a GCD move that Ninja's can use on party members whenever they run low on TP?

Mike D is banned from all Shiva parties.

I have not won every pony I've seen. So if you'd like a better chance of seeing one, you'll bring me. Or you will be cursed.

heESkaf.png

Oh hell yes, Revengeance-esque looking gear. I'm just going to replace that silly Allagan Tomestones of Poetics name with Allagan Tomestones of REVENGEANCE!

So, I need to focus on getting T9 Clear on Saturday (so no distractions), but after I want to begin serious discussions for the big Tuesday Stream. I'm giving GAF FC big promotion here, so it needs to be hype! I plan to start streaming immediately, but I'l getting the boring stuff out of the way (story stuff).

I'm requesting promotion on twitch from 10am-12pm PDT, 2pm-4pm PDT, and 6-8pm PDT. One of those slots I want to do Shiva EX (probably 2-4pm PDT), and the late one I want to do T10. I think the earlier one should be a massive Rogue/Ninja leveling party if people are ready. But I'm open to suggestions.

ABOUT FINAL COIL ON TUESDAY:

SO TO AVOID ANY DRAMA, for the stream Tuesday, I want to show off T10. Nobody is clearing it, and it will just be for fun to see it and try to see how far we can get. FOR THE SAKE OF STREAMING, I will go with whoever HAS T10 unlocked in order to get in there just to show it off. So who ever is down for a full lockout attempt, let's figure out a time. Again, this is just because I need to show it off on stream for WORK, so everyone just be cool.

ABOUT MUMBLE ON TUESDAY:

Also, would the GAF leaders prefer I stick to a specific room while I stream (so anyone who goes in knows they're on stream)? Or do you just want me to stick to the lobby? Also don't kick me out if we cap, please.

I have not won every pony I've seen. So if you'd like a better chance of seeing one, you'll bring me. Or you will be cursed.

heESkaf.png

Oh hell yes, Revengeance-esque looking gear. I'm just going to replace that silly Allagan Tomestones of Poetics name with Allagan Tomestones of REVENGEANCE!

So, I need to focus on getting T9 Clear on Saturday (so no distractions), but after I want to begin serious discussions for the big Tuesday Stream. I'm giving GAF FC big promotion here, so it needs to be hype! I plan to start streaming immediately, but I'l getting the boring stuff out of the way (story stuff).

I'm requesting promotion on twitch from 10am-12pm PDT, 2pm-4pm PDT, and 6-8pm PDT. One of those slots I want to do Shiva EX (probably 2-4pm PDT), and the late one I want to do T10. I think the earlier one should be a massive Rogue/Ninja leveling party if people are ready. But I'm open to suggestions.

SO TO AVOID ANY DRAMA, for the stream Tuesday, I want to show off T10. Nobody is clearing it, and it will just be for fun to see it and try to see how far we can get. FOR THE SAKE OF STREAMING, I will go with whoever HAS T10 unlocked in order to get in there just to show it off. So who ever is down for a full lockout attempt, let's figure out a time. Again, this is just because I need to show it off on stream for WORK, so everyone just be cool.

Time to start ranting in chat, twitch, and voice on how gametrailers stinks and this korra dude needs to get a life. And time to follow korra in just undergarments everywhere

Tabris

Well be running t10 throughout the week though. 9-11pm pst. Same time as usual.

Well be running t10 throughout the week though. 9-11pm pst. Same time as usual.

I have to try to do it during our promotion hours during the day, that's why I said I need anyone available during one of those 3 time slots. Obviously I'll be on for static progression later (and streaming it).

How much can I curse on the stream?

You can of course use profanity, just don't go overboard.

Time to start ranting in chat, twitch, and voice on how gametrailers stinks and this korra dude needs to get a life. And time to follow korra in just undergarments everywhere

I expect the Galen effect to be in full force. In fact, at one point, I think I might change the stream title to "WELCOME GALEN".

Tabris

I have to try to do it during our promotion hours during the day, that's why I said I need anyone available during one of those 3 time slots. Obviously I'll be on for static progression later (and streaming it).

You better have your network cable ready to unplug at 5%. You clear I kill you :)

Ken

I wonder if the 110 WAR PVP set is going to look just as ugly as the 100. <_<;;

It's a palette swap.

If I had to bet, it's the original concept art colors. Silver lion, white bear, black/red hawk, greenish bird, black fox, black swan, red snake, and not sure what the healers will be.

iammeiam

Fuck you, SE. I'm willing to bet there's a fish that's quadruple mooch, requires 2 rare weather conditions back to back, with a 2-hour window, with only a 10% chance of hooking it and a 5% chance of reeling it in when you have the highest amount of gathering possible only to end up blowing it up when you try to desynth or getting only sand from it.

are you not panicking at the lack of new items that could come from desynth? I'm seriously worried that the new big fish are going to be essentially pointless and have no resale value; I don't need a ton of money but I kind of rely on fishing to pay its own expenses and make the fuck-you explosions after a triple mooch worthwhile.

Do BTN/min even have completely useless gathers? So many fish that do absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom