• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

are you not panicking at the lack of new items that could come from desynth? I'm seriously worried that the new big fish are going to be essentially pointless and have no resale value; I don't need a ton of money but I kind of rely on fishing to pay its own expenses and make the fuck-you explosions after a triple mooch worthwhile.

Do BTN/min even have completely useless gathers? So many fish that do absolutely nothing.

Angary, I request that you never quit the game and always be full-time CUL desynth. I might level down my CUL desynth from 85 or whatever it is now to 0. BSM desynth, here I come!

WolvenOne

Are they not just the recolours of i100?

It's a palette swap.

If I had to bet, it's the original concept art colors. Silver lion, white bear, black/red hawk, greenish bird, black fox, black swan, red snake, and not sure what the healers will be.

I was hoping that the helm might get a face-lift at least, it's just so ugly! D:

Though, conversely, it's interesting that people are no longer going to be going into Front-lines on mostly equal footing. I mean, what with Morale increasing your ilvl and all.

Valor

Are there alternatives to using Relic weapons or is it pretty much required that you level it to max?

You don't necessarily -need- to level your Relic weapon up, and there are very suitable weapons in the interim if you're working on relic. Soldiery weapons are easy to attain and can go from i100 to i110, and there are new Poetics weapons in 2.4 that go from i120-i130. Relic isn't completely necessary, but it's good to have at the time time if you can be arsed to do all the work required.

BadRNG

Are there alternatives to using Relic weapons or is it pretty much required that you level it to max?
Relic hasn't been a must since 2.0. It is something you do when there's nothing else to do, there are always good alternatives, and if you can't do said alternatives you probably don't need that level of weapon to begin with.

we've already bet against you :(. At least that you won't be the first in the fc

You guys can have first; I'm gunning for best. (n\\\n)

Man, I could never use days off for day 1 of a new patch. The odds of Emergency Maintenance are too high.

but... NINJA. Technically these are comp. days for doing a bunch of after hours work this month so I'm good. Plenty of actual PTO left for the holidays. With a few exceptions, most patch days have been pretty stable so here's hoping!

Also, would the GAF leaders prefer I stick to a specific room while I stream (so anyone who goes in knows they're on stream)? Or do you just want me to stick to the lobby? Also don't kick me out if we cap, please.

That would be best. We can setup a room on Tuesday and label it appropriately so everyone knows what it is.

plake

They're good and I try to keep my main class relic up to date more or less.

However, as others have said, there are plenty good alternatives of some which are even better. I suspect the relic quest chain is going to continue for a long time onwards so might as well keep up - do it when you have time to spare though.
It is certainly not high priority, more of a nice thing to have as to never get bored of the game.

I see. But if there are other suitable weapons you can use instead of a Relic, then what purpose does all of the grind serve besides being a time sink?

Relic is customizable and will continue to increase in power via additional content that is added in subsequent patches. Some people also like the look and special effects or enjoy having a long term goal.

Jayhawk

Lost in translation from the JP Patch Notes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2k84le/jp_button_stuff_on_the_jp_notes_missing_from_the/ said:
GC Vendor
Private rank weapons 1120 -> 1060
Keeper's Hymn (stat reset token) 10000 -> 250
All Philosophy items 2500 -> 1500

MSQ “A Simple Plan” is ????ed out in Japanese

Rabbit Medium = Kuchiyose no Jutsu (i.e. summon technique) in Japanese. If you fail a mudra you summon a bunny? (think Lagomorph fail roll for Setzer in FF6)

Achievement rewards
Dreams of Ice - Title: Icebreaker
Uncoiled - Title: the Final Witness
Imagine Dragon - Title: of Dragons Deep
Go Big or Go Home IX - Title: Taikoubou (btw Taikoubou is Japanese for Lu Shang)
Go Big or Go Gome X - Item: Ironworks Fishing Rod
1500 comms - Item: The Best Gown Ever
3000 comms - Item: Parade Chocobo Whistle
Out of a Bind - Item: Wind-up Louisoix
Bump on a Log : Rogue - Item: Master Rogue Ring
Yoshimitsu’s Island - Title: the Shadow

Imagine Dragon achievement mentions Nepto in Japanese; the next Big Fishing quest probably requires a Nepto Dragon.

Tight-beaked Parrot is Untalking Colibri in Japanese
Heavy Hatchling is Posya Chocobo (Fat Chocobo)
Fat Cat is described as amazingly fast

Looks like the new i80 rod is an achievement reward.

iammeiam

Do I FATE-camp this weekend to finish off my third bard animus book, or do I just toss away the dungeon completion credits? I have a feeling I'll be very sick of FATES by mid next week.

Lost in translation from the JP Patch Notes:

Looks like the new i80 rod is an achievement reward.

Oh god they're going to make me catch every frigging big fish there is.

Sorian

Banned
So I summon a rabbit if I screw up my Jutsu? Let's see how many rabbits I can summon during the course of a T10 wipe. Or, for added effect, maybe one day when we are downing T13 and we are within 1% of the win, I'll be on NIN and I'll summon a rabbit instead of landing the killing blow.

Chille

So I summon a rabbit if I screw up my Jutsu? Let's see how many rabbits I can summon during the course of a T10 wipe. Or, for added effect, maybe one day when we are downing T13 and we are within 1% of the win, I'll be on NIN and I'll summon a rabbit instead of landing the killing blow.

But what if the rabbit steals the kill? Hump no jutsu

studyguy

I got it.
Rabbit Medium summons Jaggedy Ear'd Jack.
Jaggedy-eared_jack.jpg

iammeiam

The problem with letting me summon a bunny whenever I screw up is that I'm always going to choose the bunny. Who needs DPS when there is bunnies.

Stuart444

They said second coil nerfs aren't coming for two weeks or so after the patch. So, they might have separate notes for it then.

Oh, cool. Gives me some extra time to try and get T6 down before nerfs/echo buff.

edit: I may have missed this in the patch notes but for the Poetics weapon/armour, is it again, weathered -> unweathered?

If so, I may just go from Zenith -> Poetics weapon while I continue to work on my Atma/animus/novus/etc. Need to catch up but I've not changed my weapon since before the Atma ones came out lol.

BLCKATK

Oh, cool. Gives me some extra time to try and get T6 down before nerfs/echo buff.

edit: I may have missed this in the patch notes but for the Poetics weapon/armour, is it again, weathered -> unweathered?

If so, I may just go from Zenith -> Poetics weapon while I continue to work on my Atma/animus/novus/etc. Need to catch up but I've not changed my weapon since before the Atma ones came out lol.

Yes. It starts out normal, and then becomes "Augmented" through the use of an item found in the Final Coil most likely.

iammeiam

Natasha's shoulders can only carry so much. Bunnies add weight to the carry.

Carrying me really requires full team effort, though. One bunny per carrier means I can have 7 bunnies. That is probably all the combos I'll be alive for anyway, so it's not a problem!

WolvenOne

To be fair, until they move to a token system, I wouldnt want BiS to matter much. To this day I'm still missing a few BiS accessories, I'd hate to be unable to do something like T9 because of that.

Mostly STR accessories Btw. I'm only missing one BiS vit accessory.

Blasted T7 neck piece.

Ken

To be fair, until they move to a token system, I wouldnt want BiS to matter much. To this day I'm still missing a few BiS accessories, I'd hate to be unable to do something like T9 because of that.

Mostly STR accessories Btw. I'm only missing one BiS vit accessory.

Blasted T7 neck piece.

I don't think you're the type of player to be pursuing BiS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom