• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Well, you can't weave them between skills. You basically exchange hitting a GCD to manually hit 1-3 Mudras and activate Ninjutsu. That said, their cooldown is 1s apparently (scales with Skill Speed?) so you probably can just treat it as replacing 1 GCD with enough SSPD stacked I guess.

All that theory, though.

Well, you can't weave them between skills. You basically exchange hitting a GCD to manually hit 1-3 Mudras and activate Ninjutsu. That said, their cooldown is 1s apparently (scales with Skill Speed?) so you probably can just treat it as replacing 1 GCD with enough SSPD stacked I guess.

All that theory, though.

Yeah I guess based on the description, you're not meant to weave them. If it's a cooldown though, it means it won't be modified with skillspeed. GCD will probably be down to 2secs or so like with Monks due to Huton, so you'd need 2GCDs worth to do 3mudras+ninjutsu if they have a 1sec cd.

The average potency of the main combo chain is 233, so 2 GCD would be 466 or so on average. Raiton is 360, so that sounds really not worth it. I assume there's going to be more to it. Even if skillspeed affects mudras, it sounds like a DPS loss, unless ninjutsu animation doesn't prevent hitting the next skill, then it'd be close to 2GCD(2.4secs for 3mudras with a 20% reduction), in which case the higher potency would be worth it.

Ken

No one cares about DPS loss when you're shooting thunder out of your hands like Kakashi.

Unless you're a Choji.

BadRNG

I just want to point out that we don't know what kind of Damage rating dagger weapons will have yet. They will probably be the lowest rated of all the physical dps including the tanking classes I would bet, but with their high potency attacks they will crit for huge damage, which tends to be common for these assassin type classes in rpgs.

Also the cooldown on ninjutsu makes it seem like ninja will have to pick and choose how they want to spend their casts depending on several factors like how many monsters they're fighting etc.
Weapon damage is normalized across classes, isn't it? The only thing that varies is speed, but the overall damage ends up being the same. DRG/PLD/MNK/WAR all have identical physical damage stats on their HA weapons for example, it's just how often the autoattack hits varies.

And the cooldown on ninjutsu is supposedly only 20seconds, so it can be used quite a lot, and the priority system is rather clear cut.

I need a cool keyboard for ps4 any recommendations my current one's USB thingy doesn't fit.
Submit to the cross bar. You love the cross bar.

scy

Yeah I guess based on the description, you're not meant to weave them. If it's a cooldown though, it means it won't be modified with skillspeed. GCD will probably be down to 2secs or so like with Monks due to Huton, so you'd need 2GCDs worth to do 3mudras+ninjutsu if they have a 1sec cd.

The average potency of the main combo chain is 233, so 2 GCD would be 466 or so on average. Raiton is 360, so that sounds really not worth it. I assume there's going to be more to it. Even if skillspeed affects mudras, it sounds like a DPS loss, unless ninjutsu animation doesn't prevent hitting the next skill, then it'd be close to 2GCD(2.4secs for 3mudras with a 20% reduction), in which case the higher potency would be worth it.

150 + 200 + 320 = 670 = 223.33, not 233.

And Mudras + Ninjutsu are off the GCD so if it takes you, say, 3 seconds to do it, you only lost 1GCD (+0.5s as well) and not 2. Unless the animation lock is super long. Right now, it's a free 1GCD 360 potency attack that you can also guarantee crit via Kassatsu too.

Weapon damage is normalized across classes, isn't it?

Tank, Monk, DRG are 53. Bard is 48 I think.

scy

Just to be complete then, book smacks and staff bops are 53 as well.

It's literally just Bards at 48. I think people are suspecting Ninja too but we'll see.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It is done...

kQUwdbs.png

To celebrate, I laid waste to the Ixali airship. Screw you guys!

c5Fr8cG.png

Tabris

You know what this game is missing hardcore now that I think about it?

That sense of exploration and reward of discovering an amazing new area you had to fight to get to (couldn't access it until you did X Y Z story quests or was just hard to get to)

An example area from FF11 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwc7yClPITk - When I first reached this, and the follow up zone (a place called sky) I was just blown away and it took a lot of fun and difficult story missions.

The next one would have to be this place called Sea. It took days of game time to reach this zone and when you got there, you felt extremely rewarded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LqvLorRvw

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

That sense of exploration and reward of discovering an amazing new area you had to fight to get to (couldn't access it until you did X Y Z story quests or was just hard to get to)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwc7yClPITk - When I first reached this, and the follow up zone (a place called sky) I was just blown away and it took a lot of fun and difficult story missions.

The next one would have to be this place called Sea. It took days of game time to reach this zone and when you got there, you felt extremely rewarded:

Yeah, I was blown away in a few areas in FFXI the first time I reached them. I was in a day 1 seas group and we were just in awe of the place.

Tabris

Yeah, I was blown away in a few areas in FFXI the first time I reached them. I was in a day 1 seas group and we were just in awe of the place.

Haha, for most of the FF11 population, COP (an expansion) was a huge roadblock but so rewarding once completed and you got to that zone.

Teknoman

Yeah it was pretty much the same feel that you got when you hit a new / strange area in the single player games. Hopefully Yoshi sticks by that mentality when he said he'd try to get that exploratory feel going in 3.0 with Heavensward. Of course time will tell. I will say that the music and general atmosphere of Coil sort of has that feel.

On that note:

Thanks everyone! Now I can at least help people through T5 / bang my head against second coil.

Chille

Man I wish I had booked a hotel the night before, or for tonight lol on the way to London for fan fest now, will be late sadfully train was late so :/ I am wearing my playstation universe shirt have the shiva bag from e3 hope to see some of you!

150 + 200 + 320 = 670 = 223.33, not 233.

And Mudras + Ninjutsu are off the GCD so if it takes you, say, 3 seconds to do it, you only lost 1GCD (+0.5s as well) and not 2. Unless the animation lock is super long. Right now, it's a free 1GCD 360 potency attack that you can also guarantee crit via Kassatsu too.

Tank, Monk, DRG are 53. Bard is 48 I think.

Typo on the 223.

GCD with 15%skillspeed is going to be around 2secs, not 2.5, similar to Monks. The recast on mudras is shared and you said 1sec recast, that's 3secs just casting the mudras, then ninjutsu even if it's clippable will probably lock for .5secs, potentially 1sec, for 2GCDs or close to. Assuming skillspeed affects mudras, it's 2.4secs or so for them to cast due to the shared cooldown, so even if you can clip ninjutsu entirely, it's still slower, though it's a good enough ratio that the potency difference works out. If you still have ~.5secs of ninjutsu animation before you can hit, that's 2.9secs for 360potency or 2secs for 223. Raiton is only slightly better in this case, assuming ninjutsu is affected by the 10%slashing debuff(if it's not then it's most likely worse).

Obviously with Kassatsu up it's worth casting, but without it, assuming this info is correct, it seems pretty meh. Hoping for .5secs recast Mudras, then it'd crush the normal rotation. We'll have to see until we play the class I guess, preview is still a bit vague.

WolvenOne

I know people are might be getting tired of these, uh, lil updates, but...

Oh, so THESE are Divebombs, good to know. XD

Need just a little more practice on that out-in-out-drop black holes, in, lure divebombs dance, and I should have it.

iammeiam

I wholeheartedly endorse any fight that encourages me to try and spend large chunks of it incapacitated.

Do nothing, get carried, get slaying ring I will never use. 8/10 strat. Would be 10/10 with pony.

scy

I feel like I need to note something: Raiton is two Mudras, not three: Ten-Jin or Jin-Chi. So it's at most 2s + animation lock (.5s - 1s), and not 3s + animation lock. I used 3s as a worst case of 1s stuck in Ninjutsu doing crazy things.

You can technically fit most of it between two GCDs with minor amounts of loss as well so if it times to ~2s, you can potentially lose zero time depending on latency. Think of it more like hitting two buffs between GCDs. You'll most likely hit some delay on a GCD firing but you're not looking at losing full seconds extra unless you wait after your last skill used.

Edit: Also, from staring at the Ninja footage some more, it honestly looks closer to 0.5s per Mudra and not 1.0s. Unsure if this is a case of SSPD, Huton, or what.

Teknoman

Meanwhile, in Levi EX...

I feel like we retroactively deserved a pony for that positioning.

I know people are might be getting tired of these, uh, lil updates, but...

Oh, so THESE are Divebombs, good to know. XD

Need just a little more practice on that out-in-out-drop black holes, in, lure divebombs dance, and I should have it.

Yeah divebombs are easy to dodge, but its when someone gets popped by one, things can go south quick. Also I wonder if Second Coil has pretty straight paths and another gauntlet elevator, or if its focused more on exploration + bosses?

scy

Yeah divebombs are easy to dodge, but its when someone gets popped by one, things can go south quick. Also I wonder if Second Coil has pretty straight paths and another gauntlet elevator, or if its focused more on exploration + bosses?

Just to clarify something here, the Divebombs he's talking about are a different fight entirely. Though they're fundamentally the same as Twintania's: Person with marker is the mark for where the dragons go so get them to a safe spot and stay out of the path of the attack.

I feel like I need to note something: Raiton is two Mudras, not three: Ten-Jin or Jin-Chi. So it's at most 2s + animation lock (.5s - 1s), and not 3s + animation lock. I used 3s as a worst case of 1s stuck in Ninjutsu doing crazy things.

You can technically fit most of it between two GCDs with minor amounts of loss as well so if it times to ~2s, you can potentially lose zero time depending on latency. Think of it more like hitting two buffs between GCDs. You'll most likely hit some delay on a GCD firing but you're not looking at losing full seconds extra unless you wait after your last skill used.

Edit: Also, from staring at the Ninja footage some more, it honestly looks closer to 0.5s per Mudra and not 1.0s. Unsure if this is a case of SSPD, Huton, or what.

Oh very good point, I was counting 3mudras, didn't notice it was only 2 for Raiton, that'd definitely make it worth casting even in the worst case scenario then.

And yeah that's why I said I'm hoping for .5secs, it makes a lot more sense than a whole second between mudras, would make the whole thing a lot more fluid and ninja-ish.

Excited regardless, looks like a pretty fun class. Just sad the avoidance skill is named Perfect Dodge and not Utsusemi, but I guess it's a ROG skill so makes sense it doesn't have a japanese name. Still the skill is going to be freaking amazing, you can dodge so many mechanics with something like that.

BLCKATK

Goddamn. Just checked to see if Balmung was open so my friend and I could make characters... still grayed out. Even in the early AM.

I honestly didn't read through the comments for the first few hours of the patch notes going live so don't know if it was mentioned, but reddit seems to have noticed something.

5eE0YoO.png

We're getting a new GC rank finally.

Kyari

I'm on the floor at this thing and the fact that they have a smoke machine for the stage is almost as amazing as the quality of the free wifi.

Omnicent

don't know, just got up for the opening ceremony
I hope I don't regrett going premium again lol.

Also showing heavens ward trailer at start.

Omnicent

also EU datatacenters/infrastructure (In process)..

talking about the item shop, re-afirming no p2w, minions not only in item shop.

Also Koji's voice is dead *cries*

Eldren

Talking about the cash shop, "no pay to win", will still be able to get minions in-game, not selling dungeons

Will use the money to create in-game vanity gear, minions, more housing options and land, put towards EU datacentre

Eldren

Oh wow, flying around that area looked great

omg single rider airships
can take off and land anywhere in the 3.0 areas, no mention of if you can do it in 2.0 areas
6 planned flying mounts, 7 if the fans want it lol

Omnicent

ok flying GAF races (since it will be seamless, atleast while flying which is only done in 3.0 heavesward area's, thanks for reminding me about that Endcat).
6 flying mounts (maybe 7?)

Eldren

Increased mount movement speed

based YoshiP

One of the flying mounts is part of the story, could be a figurine for the collectors edition

Floating dungeon, art is gorgeous

Omnicent

lol someone get that ripped as audio and merge it with the futurama image pls. It is the evolution of the "Take my Money" image

That is going to be beautiful in game (based on the art shown)

[ Beast Tribes & Primals ]
  • Vanu Vanu & Bismarck Primal
  • Gnath & Original primal Ravana (lord of war. like Odin perhaps.... hmm)

Eldren

New beast tribes
Vanu Vanu, fat bird looking people
Bismarck primal! The base sculpted model kind of looks like a feathery Sin

The Gnath
They live in the hive-looking buildings in the 3.0 footage
Kind of insectoid-looking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom