• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

I have another Battlecraft Demimateria III, should I make Augmented Cashmere Robe of Casting or Healing?

I don't have access to the mb right now, and I don't even know the prices they are going for, but check and see what's selling for more and put it on sale for one gil less.

I hope one of the qol next patch is the ability to link a enemy to the chat, item style. Giving position, name and hunt rank would help a lot on the lc and speed up calling for help.

Taruranto

So far every time I've called out a hunt mob I've seen and waited for GAF to show up I end up getting bugger all seals from it because some random guy decides to jump the gun and attack it with his group before waiting for others to arrive. I've decided from now on, unless it's a super tough one to just do it solo. If it's a big nasty S rank one that needs a group to beat I'll just run away and get GAF to help if other people don't show up during the fight.

If you a healer, you can claim a B rank, heal yourself to gain full points without damaging the mob and call the hunt on /shout.

Hasney

If you a healer, you can claim a B rank, heal yourself to gain full points without damaging the mob and call the hunt on /shout.

Nice tip. Would that work with a low level healer class as well, or do you need to be a certain level to claim hunt seals?

dramatis

Goddamn some GAF guild members really don't like to share hunts do they? Some members just keep pulling mobs the moment they see them, even though people are asking them to wait. I see people going crazy about GAF in chat. These people are giving quite a bad rep to the GAF guild imo.
Actually, it's a bit of a joke now to the point where GAF members are shouting, "Damnit GAF!" even if GAF aren't the ones pulling.

Ken

It would have been nice if they made it so the Elite Hunt marks scaled their stats depending on how many are attacking it.

One player attacking - Base stats.
Ten players attacking - Increase the HP, and increase his attack/defense a bit.
Forty players attacking - Increase his HP, attack, and defense dramatically.

And so on.

At least make them seem like bosses. :/

That being said, I haven't even started the Elite Marks yet. From what I've been reading/hearing, it's a lot more trouble/frustration then I'm willing to deal with right now.

Do they not scale? Weird given they already have scaling FATEs.

Goddamn some GAF guild members really don't like to share hunts do they? Some members just keep pulling mobs the moment they see them, even though people are asking them to wait. I see people going crazy about GAF in chat. These people are giving quite a bad rep to the GAF guild imo.

This isn't really true in my experience. A few times I have seen gaf members jump the gun or decide that enough people are there, but more often then not it someone else that then gets blamed on gaf.

IvorB

They should make it so that these hunts only spawn in really remote and low populated areas. I really think broadcasting their presence to the whole server defeats the purpose. They need to be even more hidden than they are now.

Ken

If they wanted to be evil (and do what I was expecting them to do) they would make it so you only get seals on hunt targets assigned by your GC for that day/week.

Lanrutcon

I don't get it. You don't lose anything if there are more guys next to you when you topple the (stupidly) easy hunt 'boss'. Why deny others that? It's not like you worked to find the damn thing. All you probably did was join an LS and sit on your ass until someone told you were they found a hunt.

Someone people just like being dicks, apparently.

IvorB

Yeah possibly the world is too small for that. It would be great if you could actually hunt these marks in really remote areas where it could be your prize alone barring whoever you specifically called to assist.

Ken

Yeah possibly the world is too small for that. It would be great if you could actually hunt these marks in really remote areas where it could be your prize alone barring whoever you specifically called to assist.

If only there was a system in place that involved players seeking remote or hidden areas in order to trigger an enemy that can only be attacked by you and your party.

orion434

I don't have access to the mb right now, and I don't even know the prices they are going for, but check and see what's selling for more and put it on sale for one gil less.

I hope one of the qol next patch is the ability to link a enemy to the chat, item style. Giving position, name and hunt rank would help a lot on the lc and speed up calling for help.

That's the thing there are no Augmented Armors on the MB... besides the 2 that I made, I went with the Caster... looks cooler. If you added up all the materials to make it from the MB comes to like 6 million.

Explain. This has not been my experience.

B ranks have very low health. so you won't get a lot of hits in for a full reward if there are a lot of people. just right now someone found the leech king in mor dhorna. went down before i could finish my combo and i got 3 seals instead of 5. probably would have gotten zero if i wasn't in a party.

IMBored

If only there was a system in place that involved players seeking remote or hidden areas in order to trigger an enemy that can only be attacked by you and your party.

Once a day. For maybe 21 myth and some dress parts.

That's the thing there are no Augmented Armors on the MB... besides the 2 that I made, I went with the Caster... looks cooler. If you added up all the materials to make it from the MB comes to like 6 million.

:D Check if any has been sold, put it at 1 M more than that. If not put it at 50 Million, people bite for opos, maybe they'll bite for that.

Lanrutcon

B ranks have very low health. so you won't get a lot of hits in for a full reward if there are a lot of people. just right now someone found the leech king in mo dhorna. went down before i could finish my combo and i got 3 seals instead of 5. probably would have gotten zero if i wasn't in a party.

Yeah, I've been specifically speaking about S rank (which I recommended get their HP buffed anyway since they're a bit of a joke atm).

Hasney

If they wanted to be evil (and do what I was expecting them to do) they would make it so you only get seals on hunt targets assigned by your GC for that day/week.

And then hunts only appear in dungeons rather than the main world if someone in the party has an assigned target. It's not always there though, it has a RNG on it.

Ken

Once a day. For maybe 21 myth and some dress parts.

:D Check if any has been sold, put it at 1 M more than that. If not put it at 50 Million, people bite for opos, maybe they'll bite for that.

I think Orion knows how to run the MB lol.

draw4wild

I've only made it to one S rank before it was pulled. I was in a full party and because of how many people were there the mob kept disappearing and detargeting and by the time it was done I got 30 seals for my trouble instead of 50. So as much as people say why don't others wait, it's because it makes it very hard to get full credit as more people show up. The fact that they tied this to a very legitimate and for some people only upgrade path is ridiculous. You have entire groups running around for hours with nothing to show for it.

Unfortunately once people know a mob is up theres nothing stopping 50+ people from showing up everytime, whether its a B or an S rank. I don't even need to know hunt locations, just teleport and follow the other 50 people running. The S ranks should really be more like Goregomera

Really glad I finally got the Naul bill taken care of earlier tonight (was in the right party at the right time. thanks party member who shouted and pulled).

And got another S rank down (and even got a bloodied mark log for my troubles). About 20 seals away from my second log, but I think I'll try to hit the cap before getting any more logs. Already have the weathered accessories, but have only one weathered gear and no weathered weapon. And as for the current hunt situation, I do have a mixed reaction to the whole thing albeit it's leaning to slightly positive. Missed some opportunities, sure (and it does a number on my wallet traveling back and forth), but it's not all that bad imo. Some changes might be good, but I would rather wait and see how things progress.

Finished all story quests, which means the only stuff that concerns me are: Stone Vigil Hard, Hildebrand, and Frontlines (waiting until the maintenance is done before trying that out). Don't care about desynthesize, nor do I care about the chocobo stuff. I'll continue the letter delivery missions as well.

Zomba13

Explain. This has not been my experience.

You get seals (and tomes?) dependent on "contribution" (the same "contribution" that accounts for rank in FATEs). The more people there are, the less your individual contribution will be as they have such little health (not so much a problem in FATEs due to multiple mobs, scaling, and the boss mobs having a lot more health than the hunts). If you are in a party though you share "contribution" just like in FATEs (like in FATEs you can arrive right at the end, get a hit in and get gold if your party has been there doing damage etc) so can get the max reward or closer to it.

GL drops constantly due to all the jumping around, and it's basically impossible to get to GL3 because of how quick each tentacle dies. They really couldn't have designed a fight more punishing specifically to Monks if they had tried. Once I've got all the Monk vanity items I'll not go back there as one.

Did the dungeon and it wasn't so bad. Maybe I did get tossed a like a rag-doll by the tentacles more than I had imagined, but I had fun. And I was told what awaited me beforehand so that probably helped

IvorB

That is what would seem logical to me. If you haven't been given the bill then it seems strange that you get the full reward.

I don't get it. You don't lose anything if there are more guys next to you when you topple the (stupidly) easy hunt 'boss'. Why deny others that? It's not like you worked to find the damn thing. All you probably did was join an LS and sit on your ass until someone told you were they found a hunt.

Someone people just like being dicks, apparently.

Because it's a HUNT not a duck shoot. That's the joy of hunting. That's why some rich dude goes off into the wilderness, tracks some animal down, kills it and then stands under its stuffed head with his chest puffed out. He didn't invite the whole town to take a pop at it too. That's not how hunting works.

Also I was under the impression the reward was reduced the more people there were...

Lanrutcon

You get seals (and tomes?) dependent on "contribution" (the same "contribution" that accounts for rank in FATEs). The more people there are, the less your individual contribution will be as they have such little health (not so much a problem in FATEs due to multiple mobs, scaling, and the boss mobs having a lot more health than the hunts). If you are in a party though you share "contribution" just like in FATEs (like in FATEs you can arrive right at the end, get a hit in and get gold if your party has been there doing damage etc) so can get the max reward or closer to it.

Ah, that's an legitimate issue. World events that penalise participants for being too numerous is terrible design. If you're going to do that, then instance the shit.

Zomba13

I guess one of the problems with the hunts and what makes them different from FATEs is as they are a single mob and not a specific area it's hard to scale them for multiple people.
Like with a FATE you can do the scaling based on how many are present (or how many were there last time, however it's done) by just checking how many are in the FATE zone and of the appropriate level. With the Hunts you don't know how many are attacking until they all attack and I don't think scaling HP/def/atk etc would work as it'd be done on the fly based on how many have got a hit in and it'd just be awkward.

I think hunts will work themselves out as time goes on but maybe not as they seem an oddly good source of tomes and the seals can come quick and easy if you are dedicated/have a good group/ls looking out and that can lead to sands (and oils? I'm not sure).

I'm going to try going solo with the hunts from now on and treat them like NMs in FFXI. Solo if I can and call the GAF guild for help on the big ones though that depends on if another passerby sees it and calls his group in and then gets into the problem of jumping the gun and groups and all that.

Isaccard

Some people care way too much about Sands/Oils being opened up to other players outside of Coil as if it some how takes away from their victories earning them the "legit/hard way."

Putting a cap on seals for hunts, and decreasing the amount of tomes that drop outside of dungeons seems more like a priority focus than the 1% whining about how other players are getting their gear; Duty Roulette's are completely dead right now in lieu of FATEs 2.0 Hunts and that's a whole other can of dumb shit all together; server wide salt over who pulls the mobs first, Rage at GAF and laughable posts like this gem, etc. Qhon made an astute observation about Hunts compared to FATE's, but give it a month or so and everyone will get bored of them and hopefully return back to the queues for DR dungeons so we can then talk about how much Hullbreaker Isle sucks and why you can't speed run the new HM's.

/yoshidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Frontlines is getting fixed in the next two patches however so there's that.

aceface

Someone is going to have to explain why this is bad to me. Note: I haven't done a single hunt yet but if I see a big monster I'm attacking it. It's just what you do when you see big monsters.

This whole hunt thing is pissing me off. I don't want to have to join LS or form parties for this, I want it to be a fun random thing. I would be able to happily ignore it, but since it's dropping sands quick I gotta do it if I wanna keep up on gear.

dramatis

Someone is going to have to explain why this is bad to me. Note: I haven't done a single hunt yet but if I see a big monster I'm attacking it. It's just what you do when you see big monsters.

This whole hunt thing is pissing me off. I don't want to have to join LS or form parties for this, I want it to be a fun random thing. I would be able to happily ignore it, but since it's dropping sands quick I gotta do it if I wanna keep up on gear.
You're going to die if you attack a guy that's too big for you. Chocolate will laugh at your corpse.

Reknoc

so far my only experience of hunts is going into coerthas to unlock Stone Vigil HM and instantly being hit with map chats typical whining

I'm really disappointed with the Hunt implementation. This is something I have wanted in an MMO, especially a Final Fantasy MMO, since hunting (camping) NMs in FFXI and doing marks in FFXII. While it sounded great on paper, the combination of lazy design and a petty, exploitative, and selfish community have ruined the experience.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm really disappointed with the Hunt implementation. This is something I have wanted in an MMO, especially a Final Fantasy MMO, since hunting (camping) NMs in FFXI and doing marks in FFXII. While it sounded great on paper, the combination of lazy design and a petty, exploitative, and selfish community have ruined the experience.

It certainly has brought out the worst in the community... you need look no further than shout chat.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Everytime someone pulled a hunt that I was able to get to before the pull, it was always a non-gaffer.

Ken

Some people care way too much about Sands/Oils being opened up to other players outside of Coil as if it some how takes away from their victories earning them the "legit/hard way."

Putting a cap on seals for hunts, and decreasing the amount of tomes that drop outside of dungeons seems more like a priority focus than the 1% whining about how other players are getting their gear; Duty Roulette's are completely dead right now in lieu of FATEs 2.0 Hunts and that's a whole other can of dumb shit all together; server wide salt over who pulls the mobs first, Rage at GAF and laughable posts like this gem, etc. Qhon made an astute observation about Hunts compared to FATE's, but give it a month or so and everyone will get bored of them and hopefully return back to the queues for DR dungeons so we can then talk about how much Hullbreaker Isle sucks and why you can't speed run the new HM's.

Dang, thanks bro.

If the Elite Marks were properly tuned to be "Elite Marks" then that's a quick trip to the nearest aetheryte.

The A rank things all seem to have some unique skill to them, but you only have to deal with it in a normal group. I guess they didn't plan on groups just roaming around killing them all, but how could they not with how small the world is?

I kinda wish they made hunts like maps/leves. But man yea hunts have really overshadowed the other content by a huge margin

creid

In a few weeks, the Hunt fervor will die down.

Maybe.
but give it a month or so and everyone will get bored of them
I don't see why it would, it's (potentially) 200 myth for 5 minutes effort. People still do Odin even though the rewards are worse.

e: If anything, things might get more manageable when active population starts dwindling in 2 months. My hunt experiences on Sargatanas aren't as bad as it sounds like they are on Ultros, but it's definitely getting more crazy each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom