• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just wanted to say that I'm digging the new additions to the fc front lawn. Whoever is playing around with it, keep up the awesome work
and do the left side of the lawn
!

Enjolras

Neo Member
Haven't managed to touch half of the stuff in the patch yet thanks to work - I suspect I'll still have plenty of content come August. So far I've managed the three new dungeons, Syrcus Tower, unlocking Levi/Mog Ex, and getting the first Hildibrand quest in my journal. No drops from Syrcus yet (but I did get an insta-queue as DPS) - rolled a 2 on UAT when I could have had a nice MNK gear upgrade, but that's life.

Hopefully I'll be able to clear Ramuh tonight, and get a Frontlines queue that actually completes. If not, might give Levi Ex a try for a change.

Favourites from the patch so far? Hullbreaker Island has a great atmosphere, fun music, and I'm pretty sure that the last boss on a ranged DPS is a lot more fun (instead of losing your stacks every time you're thrown across the arena). Syrcus was chaos, but I'm sure it'll start to make more sense soon.

That makes too much sense.

Anyone have the strats for Extreme Ramuh? I kinda want to get it done so I can get my MNK weapon and accessory. I hate being the lowest geared member of my static.

Seijuro

I'm curious how people amass hundreds of allied seals. I managed to get about 23 from elite hunts... two times I touched Naul which got me 1 or 2 seals each time, one time my party stumbled upon Coerthas' A elite mob. but all of that took nearly 5 hours.

Which locations are people farming to get such amounts of seals? Do they camp small areas like Upper La Noscea?

Sophia

Huh. This Hunt system is just really, really strange for me.

I haven't actually seen a mark yet, but observing from the outside in, I'm kinda confused on why the S-Rank ones die so quickly. It's like the early September days of Odin/Behemoth/Svara/etc in terms of "I can't see shit Cap'n" only they die in 20 seconds as opposed to a minute or two.

But the people who are getting the seals are apparently rolling in them (and Sands).

My guild found one in Outer La Noscea last night that was actually pretty difficult for a party of eight. Unfortunately after about three-to-four attempts on it, the tank gave up and informed the Monster Hunt LS. Within seconds we had a pack of 200 players to kill it. >_>;

Shame, I would have liked to have fought it off with just guildies because it had pretty cool mechanics.

I'm curious how people amass hundreds of allied seals. I managed to get about 23 from elite hunts... two times I touched Naul which got me 1 or 2 seals each time, one time my party stumbled upon Coerthas' A elite mob. but all of that took nearly 5 hours.

Which locations are people farming to get such amounts of seals? Do they camp small areas like Upper La Noscea?

On Adamantoise, people are forming Linkshells to hunt the monsters and loosely coordinating locations with each other. People there are basically following whatever is posted in the LS (and anyone posting false locations are kicked) and amassing quite a bit of seals that way.

They join up in 8 man parties and go hunting. Otherwise you get very very little.

Ken

The drama over Hunts is absolutely hilarious to me.

I'm not too bothered that it's opening up i110 gear for everyone not in Coil; it's pretty much just an alternate take on how myth gear was on par with Coil1 gear so it's nothing we haven't seen before.

What am I bothered by is that they could only come up with another zergfest for content.

Reknoc

had a good day of unlocking yesterday, now i am ready to bring the average skill level down up in parties.

What am I bothered by is that they could only come up with another zergfest for content.

must have gone to the same school of design as arenanet

Ken

had a good day of unlocking yesterday, now i am ready to bring the average skill level down up in parties.

must have gone to the same school of design as arenanet

At least you don't have to do a super long FATE to temporarily unlock the actual vendors lol.

Sophia

Joy. Got into a Leviathan EX party in Duty Finder only for a group of five players all in the FC thinking they were cute by pulling the boss over and over. Despite being down a tank and a healer.

IMBored

While I really like the idea of hunts, the fact that they are basically a zerg rush farming systems atm is sad, because it's turn it into a competition against other players/fcs, where no one can wants to risk losing the hunt. Week locks could work, but it would also reduce the number of players that do the hunts, and ironically that could make the whole systems worse, because less players would be looking for hunts and not being able to kill them. Honestly I think one solution would be toning down the rewards, at least increasing the cost of the best stuff, or placing a dibs system, where the 1st player to get to a hunt would be the only one that could pull it.

For the rest of the 2.3 content, I'm so far being it's not funny. I cleared CT2 yesterday (Gaf help of course) and stole an oil from Haman >:), and have done the 3 new dungeons, but I still have to do main story, hildy, clear mog ex for ramuh ex, desynth, the rest of moogle courier and riddles, etc. It doesn't help that keep making sb gear for myself, that takes too much time. When the next patch hits I'm putting a week off from work, so I can get things done.

IvorB

I feel like I'm the only one who genuinely enjoys FATEs, but that's probably because I haven't started Atma yet, nor do I know what it is.

You're not alone, bro. I like FATEs also.

up, pretty much, there's no permantly spawning location for the elites, they will spawn literally ANYWHERE on the map. They even spawned like right center of the empire strong hold.

you you will have to roam around and hope you get lucky. People will just run into them, and then, back up and shout out for help, and wait for a whole bunch of people to show up. if you see a whole group of people just staring at an enemy and not moving, just know, that some shit is about to go down.

Thats where the linkshell comes in, the more people looking, the higher your chances of finding a mark and someone callin out its location.

But Im on the jenova server, so none of yall would be able to join.

We been at it for hours today, going back to back. Just today alone, I've gotten enough seals and myth, and soldiery, to completely outfit two characters with all slots with ilvl90 gear except the weapon bring their ilvl levels to i88. I even reached my soldiery limit for the day, when I first logged in i only had 70 for the week.

Sounds rad. Gotta pound through that main story so I can dive in.

Lanrutcon

S Rank hunts:

- need more hp, and need to do a zone wide ping indicating that they've been initiated (no more stealth killing these things selfishly)
- need to give full rewards to everyone involved (party or no party) if you're level 50 (no more bias against solo hunters)
- need to give more rewards based on how many people were involved in the kill (give people motivation to involve others)

IMBored

It's like opo-opo agains, "useless" vanity that everyone wants to buy for crazy gils. That's what's wrong with society. Now, gonna make me some more overpriced beds and sell them on the MB.

WolvenOne

S Rank hunts:

- need more hp, and need to do a zone wide ping indicating that they've been initiated (no more stealth killing these things selfishly)
- need to give full rewards to everyone involved (party or no party) if you're level 50 (no more bias against solo hunters)
- need to give more rewards based on how many people were involved in the kill (give people motivation to involve others)

If you're doing this, the announcement should also include the name of the player to first deal damage to the NM. Get some highly directed shaming going on to prevent players pulling S-Ranks early.

A's and B's I wouldn't change too much, maybe a little more HP, but not TOO much more.

I'd consider either putting a weekly Allied Seal cap in place, or raising the cost of the most highly sought after items.

IMBored

If you're doing this, the announcement should also include the name of the player to first deal damage to the NM. Get some highly directed shaming going on to prevent players pulling S-Ranks early.

And also the FC that the player's in. No more framing innocent GAF members.

WolvenOne

Agree with the first idea, but wouldn't the second one make it worse? Just get even more people grinding hard.

The bigger the Grind, the more difficult it is for players to fully throw themselves into it. Even the current level of Grind should be sufficient, once the pent up demand for sands and oils is vented somewhat.

Heck, I was planning to do Hunts for Alexandrite. I figured it'd be a week or more Grind for Sands, and Alexandrite would be a daily thing.

Hasney

The bigger the Grind, the more difficult it is for players to fully throw themselves into it. Even the current level of Grind should be sufficient, once the pent up demand for sands and oils is vented somewhat.

Heck, I was planning to do Hunts for Alexandrite. I figured it'd be a week or more Grind for Sands, and Alexandrite would be a daily thing.

Ah that makes sense. I mean, I threw myself into getting the atmas full-on, but it's probably easier to throw yourself to the whims of the RNG god and believe it will be next time rather than "Wait, it will take me HOW MANY marks to get that thing?".

ran into bloody mary, announced the location and a buttload of people came in and we waited, then a drg pulled and everyone turned the nm's legs into fucking noodles. with health like that i won't be announcing any more b ranks in the location cause i only got 1 seal lol

Zomba13

And also the FC that the player's in. No more framing innocent GAF members.

In the Extreme Primal LS that's been repurposed for hunts etc I showed up at one when a guy called it out and the guy in ls chat said "Better hurry there's a guy from GAF here" and I didn't know if he was serious or joking =/

ran into bloody mary, announced the location and a buttload of people came in and we waited, then a drg pulled and everyone turned the nm's legs into fucking noodles. with health like that i won't be announcing any more b ranks in the location cause i only got 1 seal lol

Every one I've gone to has had the DRG be the one pulling early. Can't remember his name though so dunno if it's the same one.

orion434

I'm torn, Just crafted an HQ Augmented Tabbard of Aiming, want to wear it so bad... but let's see if any rich Bards want to bite.

IMBored

I'm torn, Just crafted an HQ Augmented Tabbard of Aiming, want to wear it so bad... but let's see if any rich Bards want to bite.

Sell it. Sell it for gils. You can rake mad money from it and buy it for a lot cheaper when it crashes in 3-4 weeks.

As an example, riviera beds cost like 1k to make buying the mats on the mb, and I sold 10 for 10k each. That would be normal but they also can be bought from the housing merchant for 2k. MB is absolutely crazy right now, in favor of sellers.

chrono01

Honestly, I can see the Echo making Moggle Mog EX more difficult or, at least, a lot more dangerous. The increased damage increases the odds of a DPS "accidentally" killing the Moogles before getting their life low enough. That fight is basically that of restraint, so having an increase in DPS doesn't really help you a whole lot, other than progressing through the phases faster [and the little bit you can DPS King Moggle Mog at the end].

The increased HP, though, would definitely help.

Either way, I'm happy to have that fight done and out of the way. It's not a terribly hard fight, it's just...a lot of colors, sounds, and flying Moogles. Lots and lots of Moogles.

orion434

Sell it. Sell it for gils. You can rake mad money from it and buy it for a lot cheaper when it crashes in 3-4 weeks.

As an example, riviera beds cost like 1k to make buying the mats on the mb, and I sold 10 for 10k each. That would be normal but they also can be bought from the housing merchant for 2k. MB is absolutely crazy right now, in favor of sellers.

I have another Battlecraft Demimateria III, should I make Augmented Cashmere Robe of Casting or Healing?

Raxious

Goddamn some GAF guild members really don't like to share hunts do they? Some members just keep pulling mobs the moment they see them, even though people are asking them to wait. I see people going crazy about GAF in chat. These people are giving quite a bad rep to the GAF guild imo.

Ken

Goddamn some GAF guild members really don't like to share hunts do they? Some members just keep pulling mobs the moment they see them, even though people are asking them to wait. I see people going crazy about GAF in chat. These people are giving quite a bad rep to the GAF guild imo.

GAF isn't exactly full of polite and courteous members lol.

Hasney

lol. I'm not getting involved in hunts, but come on. I mean, for a start it's a hunt not a tea party. If you can take it as soon as you see it, you should and get the leg-up rather than get a few puny measly. At the end of the day it's a game, take what you can get.

Bummed I'm missing drama while being stuck at work though.

Taruranto

To be honest, I don't think it's really worth to share anything that is not a A or a S. B are meant to be soloe'ed/with a party.

That would just make the fight ten times more difficult lol.

I don't necessarily agree, people who were going to hold from killing the moogles are going to do it with or without echo. Echo gives you more HP to survive the powerful attacks and better DPS for the last part.

orion434

Nice.

I so want some of this augmented armor but...eh, I will just gear myself out and try to make it myself. Somehow...lol

It requires 4x 500 myth tome mats + 3x 150 Tawny Latex = 2450 myth

Then 10x Battlecraft Demimateria II + 1x Battlecraft Demimateria III and with max HQ mats the recipe starts with only 600 Quality and it's 3* it's crazy lol

IvorB

S Rank hunts:

This is exactly what's not needed. If people have made the effort to hunt and find the mark they should get the kill. There is nothing selfish about it. Why the hell would you want the whole server piling into every hunt kill going? That's just stupid.

chrono01

It would have been nice if they made it so the Elite Hunt marks scaled their stats depending on how many are attacking it.

One player attacking - Base stats.
Ten players attacking - Increase the HP, and increase his attack/defense a bit.
Forty players attacking - Increase his HP, attack, and defense dramatically.

And so on.

At least make them seem like bosses. :/

That being said, I haven't even started the Elite Marks yet. From what I've been reading/hearing, it's a lot more trouble/frustration then I'm willing to deal with right now.

Zomba13

So far every time I've called out a hunt mob I've seen and waited for GAF to show up I end up getting bugger all seals from it because some random guy decides to jump the gun and attack it with his group before waiting for others to arrive. I've decided from now on, unless it's a super tough one to just do it solo. If it's a big nasty S rank one that needs a group to beat I'll just run away and get GAF to help if other people don't show up during the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom