• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

NEW JOB
DRK looks badass
TANK confirmed
Greatsword, 2H, uses parries and dodges
No base class, just install 3.0 and boom, DRK unlocked (maybe)
Uses weapon and power of Darkness

Omnicent

also lol NIN DRK is GOAT
TANK! Blood Knight type TANK! YEAHHH!
I hate tanking, but love DRK..... curses going to be tanking like a boss

Omnicent

hmm no base class involved with DRK? so Advanced Jobs? No specifics at this time more than that.
hmm other stuff, sure someone else will get it. Good bye classes

Omnicent

???? 007/golden eye/james bond... hmm not sure? Muskateer? Tease similar to drk. gun class.
Guess I'll go back to sleep for another 90 min till the dev Q&A

Eldren

Some pics from the twitter account Hasemo linked, for those who haven't seen them:
The Vanu Vanu and Bismarck
B0yNGSJCMAAEsnt.png:large
B0yNeozCcAACglg.png:large

The Gnath and Ravana
B0yOwW5CEAEQLvA.png:large
B0yO33kCYAA3gG0.png:large

DRK
B0yPaYHCQAEmMdd.png:large

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
OMG all this new information. We didn't expect this.

Flying Mounts!

Dark Knight revealed!

Faster Mounts!

Imagine what we are going to get at the Tokyo Fan Fest! Get Hype!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So to get past the whole problem with the class/job system, we are just going to get singular jobs? I'm cool with that.

Sophia

So to get past the whole problem with the class/job system, we are just going to get singular jobs? I'm cool with that.

I kind of like the class/job system, but it's current implementation really sucks. Between almost no reason to drop down to a class, poor cross-class skills, and job-only gear/questlines that require you to be a job, it doesn't make much sense to keep it.

So I guess I'm okay with Dark Knight being job only.

Dark Knight won't even have levels. Or stats. You play it like Monster Hunter.

You jest, but I was really hoping Samurai or something would be an evasive tank. Ah well.

Yeah it's fine to drop classes especially if they don't plan on doing multi jobs classes again. Hell might be even worth it to split Scholar and Summoner for 3.0, rework the DPS aspect of scholar a bit(not too much, or just rename the abilities) and let people pick Scholars from level 1. Then just merge everything into jobs only.

I guess the japanese fan fest will announce whatever the gun based job is, and they'll keep the healing job(assuming it's not a gun based healer) for later.

Eldren

The gunner job will be a defuffer/healing watch

Would be nice if the brought back ammo slot so we can squid special arrows/bullets

People on reddit are theorising about the Agent class from FFTA2. It's kind of obscure - Al-Cid Margrace is the only character in the entire franchise who is an Agent - but I can see the logic. It fits with the 007 tease firstly, and it has buff/debuff abilities that would make for a good DPS-support role. I imagine they'd scrap those abilities that only affect female characters though of course, but the rest looks really good to me.

Sophia

Watch the plot twist be that the Gunner class has both a healer (Chemist) and a DPS (Agent) job. Although we'd end up with another Arcanist scenario, so maybe not....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom