• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

Watch the plot twist be that the Gunner class has both a healer (Chemist) and a DPS (Agent) job. Although we'd end up with another Arcanist scenario, so maybe not....

I would actually love that, but I suppose that's entirely dependent on keeping the current class-job system in place. Sounds good though.

-----

The Q&A panel has started btw

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Imagery of the new areas looks pretty sick.
I want.

So I've been thinking, they said crafting is gonna be rebalanced in 2.4 and it's not immediately obvious from the patch notes because all we see are just increasingly difficult recipes and higher level gear, but I've noticed they have lowered required stats for old high-end gathering nodes and that mde me think that probably LV50 recipes are also gonna have their parameters lowered drastically? So that say you can get into 2-star crafting with fresh green HQ gear.

Imagery of the new areas looks pretty sick.
I want.

So I've been thinking, they said crafting is gonna be rebalanced in 2.4 and it's not immediately obvious from the patch notes because all we see are just increasingly difficult recipes and higher level gear, but I've noticed they have lowered required stats for old high-end gathering nodes and that mde me think that probably LV50 recipes are also gonna have their parameters lowered drastically? So that say you can get into 2-star crafting with fresh green HQ gear.

Hope it comes with making 1star quicksynthable. Hate those stupid gold nuggets.

aceface

I like how they are continuing the Final Fantasy tradition of borrowing from Hindu mythology with Ravana. Plus he looks awesome.

That really backward ass way of trying to justify not showing percentages for secondary stats. Players don't want to constantly have to go online and check what each point of a stat gives them, they also want to know how much things change whenever an expac comes out or even in regular patches.

There is no way to tell if these stats weren't changed behind the scenes in a regular content patch just because one stat seemed to be better than others. While I'm sure they would say whether or not they changed something, there is no reason they can't show these things when quite a few other mmos do so already. They can't be always hoping theorycrafters are there to pick up their slack when it honestly wouldn't be that difficult to just show the numbers when you scroll over the stat.

raven777

544B9F3C3E35EF0024

Looks fantastic.

Qvoth

did anyone manage to catch the flying chocobo part? can you actually control the flight in 3d movement? like upwards and downwards as well?

or is this basically ahriman mount all over again? lol

BadRNG

The new areas look amazing. I'm excited to see what their designers come up with for full zones designed with flying mounts in mind, the base game is so small/constricted.

DRK still makes no sense to me as tank, but I'll still be switching to it anyway cause literally anything is better than PLD.

WolvenOne

Darnit.

As much as I like War, I probably won't be switching from it as my main Tank Class.

Maybe if DRK makes a better main tank class I'll use it for that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
oh my fucking god that art....HOLY shitness

also I sooooooooooooooooooooooo called DRK being a tank

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CALLED IT FUDGE YOU PEOPLE SAYING ITS DPS :mad:

so only PLD left in the server after expansion ;_;

It is a DPS job. Ninja is the Tank job.

gryvan

oh man why does London fanfest look so fun with darts and throwing and feeding tomatoes to chocobos D:

and they even have reporters going around areas and asking people if they enjoy it or not...

They even have something to show us during intermissions when theres no panels happening

why don't US have something like this :(

oh man why does London fanfest look so fun with darts and throwing and feeding tomatoes to chocobos D:

and they even have reporters going around areas and asking people if they enjoy it or not...

They even have something to show us during intermissions when theres no panels happening

why don't US have something like this :(

London needed something so it's fanfest was slightly relevant for the people who payed $20, beyond the 3.0 info that people are showing not even a minute after it was streamed.

Since a lot of people will probably jump on the Dark Knight I hope they add some interesting abilities for PLD 50-60 to keep the awesome levels similar.

The interview I saw yesterday from YoshiP basically summated to they're aiming to give PLD even safer and more stable abilities while giving WAR more complex and robust actions.

dramatis

oh my fucking god that art....HOLY shitness

also I sooooooooooooooooooooooo called DRK being a tank

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CALLED IT FUDGE YOU PEOPLE SAYING ITS DPS :mad:

so only PLD left in the server after expansion ;_;
You're not even on the server right now

OMG. These bombs.

Slightly disappointed that DRK is a tank, but probably a good move for balance. Might make that my secondary class after Ninja. I really hope they get rid of the class system. It's a holdover from 1.0 that doesn't make sense anymore.

That artwork is so good. Expansion is going to be mind blowing. I need it... NOW.

TheMink

I just got some behemoth horns, was thinking of spending them on the thundercloud DRG arm but is there something more useful? Cause that's just vanity.
Is there going to be one for NIN?

I just got some behemoth horns, was thinking of spending them on the thundercloud DRG arm but is there something more useful? Cause that's just vanity.
Is there going to be one for NIN?

That's all the behemoth and odin items were ever good for, no chance of them being for anything other than vanity or even adding much more if anything.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yoshi dropping lorebombs - when Dalamud broke, few pieces of Allagan imprisonment device remained on Bahamut.
Also, BRDs were supposed to have Protect which is the spell Miqo'te BRD is casting in the End of an Era movie.

Tiops

I hope they have amazing DPS and Healer classes for 3.0, so we don't get overwhelmed by Dark Knights everywhere.

Like we're going to see with Ninja this tuesday.

BadRNG

Since a lot of people will probably jump on the Dark Knight I hope they add some interesting abilities for PLD 50-60 to keep the awesome levels similar.
PLD? Awesome levels? Is this real life. PLD is one of the most stale and boring classes I've ever played in any game.

The interview I saw yesterday from YoshiP basically summated to they're aiming to give PLD even safer and more stable abilities while giving WAR more complex and robust actions.

Apparently by design.

MechaX

Holy fuck, Bismark? Wasn't expecting that. If they are going to take from VI espers, please take Vai... validr... Tritoch.

DRK being a tank is what I expected, but I'm excited for it. It may actually get me into tanking.

As for the Gun class, as much as I hope it's a DPS class, it's probably going to be Chemist and will be a healer.

Ravidrath

Really liking the new beastmen and primals.

It looks like instead of theming them elementally, they'll be themed according to animal type?

i.e. Bismarck is a giant mammal thing, Ravana is an insect thing, etc.

As for DRK, I'm guessing it will unlock with a difficult quest, possibly one that requires the other two cross-classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom