• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Why GAF? Why? ='(
109448BC-50B6-4505-9B05-324CAA829D70_zpspdesy1tj.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All those 1% wipes make me nervous, is there an attack or something near this %?

No, but it's extremely easy to hoist the team in fourth phase despite how predictably scripted it is.

Edit: Oh yeah, not stacking properly for TB will do it.

dark_chris

All those 1% wipes make me nervous, is there an attack or something near this %?

There's a soft enrage. When it starts casting Bahamut's Favor, it starts getting stronger. 3 stacks is the max it should do but around that time, it starts getting dangerous cause it's attacks will hurt a ton.

Also, thermionic beam hurts a lot if everyone is not stacking

Nohar

Congratz for those who beat the T9 :)

So, I'm trying to get some Fieldcraft III Demi-Materia, but I don't have yet the appropriate desynthesis levels. I'm currently Blacksmith 71 and Goldsmith 74. Do you have any advices to give me in order to level-up once you reach the 70-75 range? It seems I need to farm Darklight accessories and primal weapons (Ifrit & Garuda), but I'm afraid it's going to take way too long.

Valor

I'm really tired lol...we also pulled a 6+ hours run to finally get it down. We had a wipe at 6% before we cleared it too.
Huge congrats, Illy :> I knew you could do it!

He legit crashed and next kill was the win. it was a reallllly exciting one too at the end (2-3 dead, mass para from thunder, 2-3% to go...)
Oh man, then I'm glad I didn't try to stay up to watch.

Why GAF? Why? ='(
Because you guys didn't listen to my sage advice. If you're being bad, just stop, and be good instead. You guys should get it soon, but try to relax and not push so hard. Don't let Eve drive you guys crazy.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know it might sound stupid, especially with all the T9 1% wiping talk in the last few posts, but I finally beat T5. Did it with a group of randoms and we succeeded on our first try.

Stuart444

I know it might sound stupid, especially with all the T9 1% wiping talk in the last few posts, but I finally beat T5. Did it with a group of randoms and we succeeded on our first try.

Doesn't sound stupid. I got my T5 win a few days ago and someone else in this thread got theirs the other day as well.

Congrats :D

scy

OMG LOL

my video card crashed, i rebooted and forgot to restart the stream, and the next pull was our kill >_>

WE DID ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OMG

Grats you guys. And grats to Kenai for getting to pull some double 6+ hour shifts for those T9 clears :x

Well, there's also a lot of wipes in the 10-30% range but those aren't as funny. The fight is basically the same from 47% to 0% except she periodically does more damage (Bahamut's Favor). So this phase has an auto-kill mechanic (handling Fire/Ice stacks), an easy way to wipe the raid (Thunder), a huge Tank spike hit (Bahamut's Claw), big AoE damage (Thermionic Beam), and then divebombs are pretty much a wipe if someone isn't paying attention.

Basically, half the fight has a lot of "something can go very wrong" stuff.

There you go Nin Py

Making it so easy for all of us to be lazy.

Also, I know where I'm logging out tonight.

Paprikka

Honestly we almost joined the 1% club, we spaced on the final thunderstruck and another few seconds would've had the boss start up the third set of divebombs. With everyone paralyzed we probably wouldn't have made it through.

It's just so easy for everything to go south in the span of a few seconds and once you hit a low % it's easier to forget a mechanic as everyone gets excited for the kill.

dark_chris

Grats you guys. And grats to Kenai for getting to pull some double 6+ hour shifts for those T9 clears :x

Well, there's also a lot of wipes in the 10-30% range but those aren't as funny. The fight is basically the same from 47% to 0% except she periodically does more damage (Bahamut's Favor). So this phase has an auto-kill mechanic (handling Fire/Ice stacks), an easy way to wipe the raid (Thunder), a huge Tank spike hit (Bahamut's Claw), big AoE damage (Thermionic Beam), and then divebombs are pretty much a wipe if someone isn't paying attention.

Basically, half the fight has a lot of "something can go very wrong" stuff.

Making it so easy for all of us to be lazy.

Also, I know where I'm logging out tonight.

Think of it as T7 where it can take one person to wipe the whole party if they aren't paying attention to what they're supposed to do

Eldren

Limsa is going to be absolutely packed. I'm kind of excited about that, I love seeing busy cities. I'm curious about that Edelweiss quest so I think I might actually check that out first.

iammeiam

I'm hoping by the time I finish the 2.4 story/unlock Shiva EX Limsa will have calmed down a little. I guess I'll let the game kick me off in Mor Dhona this time, instead of by the house.

I figure a few hours for the story, a couple of days to max level Ninja, a couple of weeks for relic and the new big fish, and then I'll have seen what there is to see this patch. New dungeons being i80 means they'll still be a total faceroll.

So according to reddit this is all that was found that wasn't meant to be in 2.4 and actually one of the patches after. They apologized to Japanese players and haven't said a word to anyone else about it, but ya those who were hoping for new dyes have to continue waiting.

•Fat Chocobo Head - Head - Item Level: 1 / Equipment Level: 1
•Pastel Pink Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive pink dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Dark Red Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive red dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Dark Brown Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive brown dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Pastel Green Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive green dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Dark Green Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive green dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Pastel Blue Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive blue dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Dark Blue Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive blue dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Pastel Purple Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive purple dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Dark Purple Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive purple dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Red Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive red dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Orange Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive orange dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Yellow Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive yellow dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Green Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive green dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Sky Blue Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive blue dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Blue Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive blue dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Metallic Purple Dye - Dye - A rare and expensive purple dye, used for coloring anything from cloth to metal.
•Wind-up Nanamo Minion - The automaton vehemently refuses to sit upon any shoulder but Raubahn's...and yours. Use item to acquire the wind-up Nanamo minion.
•Wind-up Urianger Minion - When the septenary moon did wane, there sounded a garrulous and convoluted monologue. A new minion had roused, one whose identity lieth within our ken. Use item to acquire the wind-up Urianger minion.

Qvoth

finally got my 2nd (and 3rd) level 50 lel, sch and smn
breaking boundaries is a great theme, i don't remember hearing this on my blm

BLCKATK

I'll come in and say congrats too, I know how much work it takes to get that fight down so good on you guys!

I'm finally starting to play again after a few months away from the game, I'm hoping I'll be able to push Turn 9 within the near future.

Omnicent

Ok so after seeing people toss around the OGCD of Mudras being 1 second or 0.5 seconds,
I went and ripped the video from the 14 hour live stream that was on youtube.
I pulled it with IDM and encoded as mp4. Not sure if other DM's will encode similarly.

The first phase of mudras can not be used since the UI is hidden, but all the other mudra uses can be viewed.

There are 7 mudra used (excluding the first 3 because of the above reasons)
and each had an approximate ogcd of 15 frames.

The video was encoded to 29.5 fps (effectively 30fps), which implies that mudra's have a 0.5 second ogcd.

Of course the timers seen in the video are subject to change, so until Tuesday I can't really say if it's still 0.5s for mudra's (If I see mudra's rolling as fast as in the video I'm probably going to just assume 0.5 because I'll be to lazy to do any testing. Someone else will do it anyway)

Frame points are below if anyone is interested in double checking things for me.
Frame Points said:
Frame Start: 1291
Frame End: 1305
Frame Duration: 14 (Kassatsu was used to reset mudra cd's so this probably why this one is fairly different from the other uses)

Frame Start: 1342
Frame End: 1357
Frame Duration: 15

Frame Start: 2070
Frame End: 2085

Frame Start: 2091
Frame End: 2106

Frame Start: 2112
Frame End: 2127

Frame Start: 2897
Frame End: 2912

Frame Start: 2920
Frame End: 2935

Oh and if you couldn't tell I'm hyped as fuck for ninja.
Now if you will excuse me it's time for some lovely Bayo2.

scy

There are 7 mudra used (excluding the first 3 because of the above reasons)
and each had an approximate ogcd of 15 frames.

The video was encoded to 29.5 fps (effectively 30fps), which implies that mudra's have a 0.5 second ogcd.

Thanks for this. I was eyeballing it for the most part but was pretty confident after some time that it was 0.5s per (or, at worst, slightly higher with SSPD scaling). Squeezing them in between GCDs shouldn't be a huge issue outside of maybe hitting a 3 Mudra one with latency and high SSPD.

kaioshade

Ninja has me hyped. the style of the class and the mechanics of it appeal to me greatly, but i need to get over this mental block of playing the class because there will be a million other ninjas.I cant be the only person who has that thought, can i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom