• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Last patch cycle we were behind a lot of people. We didn't start T9 seriously until a month ago.

It's nice to be able to go in and challenge content without any established strategies. And also be in sync with a lot of the other raiders.

Yeah, at least everyone for the most part, will have that feel again with Heavensward.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
IB2Y1BY.jpg

Bard coat for my alt... meanwhile on my main...

BLCKATK

Well, you guys definitely inspired me to really get off my ass and down Turn 9. Time to build a new static and get to work!

Once again. congratulations to all the groups that downed it!

Tabris

Well, you guys definitely inspired me to really get off my ass and down Turn 9. Time to build a new static and get to work!

Once again. congratulations to all the groups that downed it!

Part bolded will be much harder than the actual fights imo.

BLCKATK

Part bolded will be much harder than the actual fights imo.

Yeah you are absolutely right. I'm lucky that I have a bunch of good friends that I made in game that are coming back to the game for 2.4. We've always wanted to play together but we all used to be in different statics. I think it's time to start fresh and actually do it. I hope it works out.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well there‘s only so many methods. As long as you know the rules you can just adapt.
Feeding will probably trip more groups, especially without VoIP.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awesome video. Clean run!

Oh weird, your meteor placement is so different from ours.

EDIT - Meteor placement will be one of those things that will make PUGing T9 in the future annoying. As everyone will want to do it different.

There's around the edge strat, triangle strat, around the edge staggered strat... then for the second set you have spread out and then race car.

The second set of Golem is the most annoying. Our group tried the race car method and found it's inconsistent due to latency. So we just spread out around the edge and carefully drop them. I think it's the most effective and brainless method.

Ken

There's around the edge strat, triangle strat, around the edge staggered strat... then for the second set you have spread out and then race car.

You also have the BG method for second set.

I prefer the strat where you stay still to see if the meteor is bluffing.

The second set of Golem is the most annoying. Our group tried the race car method and found it's inconsistent due to latency. So we just spread out around the edge and carefully drop them. I think it's the most effective and brainless method.

We were having issues due to latency(Scything's alone is crazy), but we found if everyone just pops sprint and runs the second they see the mark on their screens(instead of waiting for someone to say something in mumble) it was pretty fool proof for us!

I need a gif of Pellegri's body being propelled across the screen around the 12 minute mark lol.

Guys how is the player population lately?
I had to stop playing a month after the PS4 version came out because I was splitting my time between the endgame grind and my shooter clan.
Now after the awful Destiny and my clan avoiding Advanced Warfare I can give it my full attention until at least March.

however I only had 2 pieces of Lv90 gear and I don't want to be the only person doing that if the playerbase has completely moved on to the good stuff.

Anyone?

There will be more people come back for 2.4 and a lot more when Heavensword launches. Gears are not really a problem, considering you can easily get iLV 100 in no time. Don't know about the population of low level players though but I guess there are always new comers, many are not present here in this thread.

Paprikka

Grats on all the T9 kills! It's neat seeing all the different strategy tweaks between groups.

And holy crap at Strawberry dropping to only 4 hp, was scary just watching.

kierwynn

And holy crap at Strawberry dropping to only 4 hp, was scary just watching.

lol I was just about to post about that. I was watching my recording of the kill and man- dat close call

I didn't hear her say double and when I noticed, I tried to lustrate without realizing I had no stacks. lol Luckily, she's tougher than the average lala!

There will be more people come back for 2.4 and a lot more when Heavensword launches. Gears are not really a problem, considering you can easily get iLV 100 in no time. Don't know about the population of low level players though but I guess there are always new comers, many are not present here in this thread.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom