• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Fishing defeated me--despite a good 20 Twitchbeard windows, I couldn't catch a red pareo in a week. Somehow got a coronal halter by 5:30PM the first window I fished for it, but twitchbeard eluded me. I have been beaten, but will come back with a fury in a week or two or three or however long it takes me to get the i80 rod.

One last glamour for 2.3:
UhK9DCn.jpg

Not exactly creative or anything, but I'm probably glad I didn't work out the face/hair synergy with the Ramuh weapons sooner or else I'd have cared more.

RIP 2.3. You were a good patch, hunt apocalypse and all, and your welfare gear allowed me to screw around in content I have no business being in pre-echo. I will remember you fondly when I hit the wall of half of 2.4 being stuff I won't see for four months.

WolvenOne

RIP 2.3. You were a good patch, hunt apocalypse and all, and your welfare gear allowed me to screw around in content I have no business being in pre-echo. I will remember you fondly when I hit the wall of half of 2.4 being stuff I won't see for four months.

You really don't give yourself enough credit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like 5 groups cleared?

Korra's group.
Maple's group.
Haman's group.
Illya's group.
Mary's group.

Pretty crazy!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
On the subject of new coil, really hoping to see Lucrezia beat out BG and CL this time. I just want to see the reaction.

BadRNG

Good god, I thought I was the only one. Good to hear I'm not alone!

I'm the only hyur highlander male in the team, the rest is made out of female cats and lala's..
My group has zero cat girls, truly an accomplishment. Only one lalafell. They tend to get eaten by male cats if we ever have more than one at a time.

On the subject of new coil, really hoping to see Lucrezia beat out BG and CL this time. I just want to see the reaction.
Never heard of them, but google indicates they are JP onry so that would indeed elicit some funny responses.

dcye

Exordium are a shambles atm, loads of internal drama, so I hope they pull it off. Would make it hilarious. I know they're planning at least 1 week of 12-16 hour days so who knows. I'm sure that's what everyone else is doing as well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My group has zero cat girls, truly an accomplishment. Only one lalafell. They tend to get eaten by male cats if we ever have more than one at a time.

Never heard of them, but google indicates they are JP onry so that would indeed elicit some funny responses.

I heard their next target is male highlanders...

Lucrezia beat Savage Coil before anyone. Pro JP only.

Tabris

We have the following:

- 1 Male Highlander (the best race)
- 1 Male Cat Boy
- 3 Female Cat Girls (the worst)
- 2 Female Midlanders
- 1 Female Elezen

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All this catgirl hate just distracts people from the real threat, the lalafell
Thereby I theoretize the hate has been fabricated by midgets

Reknoc

looking at the preliminary patch notes and these quest names are still bad :( except for the one Queen reference I guess.

edit:
Rabbit Medium Thumpity thump thump, thumpity thump thump...

w...what

edit2: wait, I missed the "Wrath of Qarn", patch redeemed

Sallokin

So I dropped right after ARR launched because of work and am looking to come back in. There's so much new stuff I'm sidelining my legacy 50DRG and starting over to see all the new story stuff and relearn the game basics.

There's just SO MUCH. I'm way overwhelmed with all the new bits and pieces. Since my FC on Hyperion has pretty much ceased to be, would it be best to move over to Ultros or Sargatanas?

Is it ok if l can't dedicate my a ton of hours in a row to the game? All this end-game stuff seems amazing but I feel like if I can only play for a few hours here and there I'm never going to see any of it.

Kenai

So I dropped right after ARR launched because of work and am looking to come back in. There's so much new stuff I'm sidelining my legacy 50DRG and starting over to see all the new story stuff and relearn the game basics.

There's just SO MUCH. I'm way overwhelmed with all the new bits and pieces. Since my FC on Hyperion has pretty much ceased to be, would it be best to move over to Ultros or Sargatanas?

Is it ok if l can't dedicate my a ton of hours in a row to the game? All this end-game stuff seems amazing but I feel like if I can only play for a few hours here and there I'm never going to see any of it.

It might be a bit difficult to do current Binding Coil turns without a static and several hours a week since that has a lockout and people tend to need a lot of practice with both the mechanics and other people they are grouped with before it will go down, and the harder Primals also definitely take some learning too, but you can go at your own pace for just about everything else.

There's lots of stuff available to do even if you can only log in for a little bit. Furthermore, slightly older content tends to go up on the Duty Finder and also become unlocked so you might be able to get more people willing to help with it.

Tiops

I started as a female hyur, but my wife started playing and created a female cat, with the same last name as my character.

I used my fantasia to chance to a male cat, but I couldn't change the character name, so I changed to a female cat too.

At least I'm not a female lala that keeps running in circles and asking for sex during duties.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
"Maple might not be perfectly centred so watch out and don't be too far."

Maple proceeds to be perfectly centred out of spite. I'm onto his lalafell games!

Speaking of name changes, are they going to allow that anytime soon? I'm not hapy with mine.

Maybe with the rework of the mogstation this patch, who knows. I guess they don't want people changing identities too easily though, you can transfer servers already but if you had a cheaper alternative with only a name change, it'd probably be worse. Fringe case though so will probably be added at some point.

Already bored, is the server up yet?

spiritfox

Maybe with the rework of the mogstation this patch, who knows. I guess they don't want people changing identities too easily though, you can transfer servers already but if you had a cheaper alternative with only a name change, it'd probably be worse. Fringe case though so will probably be added at some point.

Already bored, is the server up yet?

They could limit the frequency of name changes so people wouldn't exploit it, and block lists should be based on characters anyway. If not, make the account name more prominent?

Klyka

Banned
I just read through the whole history of FF14 and it's development. Watched vids from 1.0 and such.

Man this game had a rocky start,didn't it? Geez. Some of those 1.0 videos were just....ewwwww

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I just read through the whole history of FF14 and it's development. Watched vids from 1.0 and such.

Man this game had a rocky start,didn't it? Geez. Some of those 1.0 videos were just....ewwwww

Tanaka's vision of people not actually playing MMOs, rng exp, and using the most byzantine market method possible was too much for the unwashed proles. Yoshi is a false prophet! Stay away!!!!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Would honestly be amazed if the prelim notes weren't the final notes other than a few potential Coil 2 nerfs lol. Really screwed themselves putting the crafting shit in the prelim notes this time around rather than holding off on it.

It turns out they messed up the crafting mats, and all you actually need for the new offhands and gear is cotton yarn.

You can't put a chocobo stable on a personnal house correct? I've been having second thoughts about buying a house, the thing that annoys me is I'll still have to go to the FC house every hour to train my chocobo AND to my house to fertilize plants, that sounds pretty annoying. I might save some money on plants in the long term and/or make money out of gardening, but the initial investment would take a while to recoup. Then I scouted mostly a Mist plot to get as soon as the server goes up but while I don't like the other 2 zones, it'd make more sense to have a house in a different place than the FC house.

It's only 5millions but at the same time, that's a decent bit of materias for my ninja novus.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
You can't put a chocobo stable on a personnal house correct? I've been having second thoughts about buying a house, the thing that annoys me is I'll still have to go to the FC house every hour to train my chocobo AND to my house to fertilize plants, that sounds pretty annoying. I might save some money on plants in the long term and/or make money out of gardening, but the initial investment would take a while to recoup. Then I scouted mostly a Mist plot to get as soon as the server goes up but while I don't like the other 2 zones, it'd make more sense to have a house in a different place than the FC house.

It's only 5millions but at the same time, that's a decent bit of materias for my ninja novus.

You can but nobody else can feed your chocobo, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom