• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

Don't forget you get cheap port to your house. So if you choose goblet that exit is the best for soil gathering, and you'll save 80 gils per port. Think of the savings.

Would honestly be amazed if the prelim notes weren't the final notes other than a few potential Coil 2 nerfs lol. Really screwed themselves putting the crafting shit in the prelim notes this time around rather than holding off on it.

I thought they already said they aren't messing with Coil 2 for a few weeks while they monitor how the community progresses through it.

Sallokin

It might be a bit difficult to do current Binding Coil turns without a static and several hours a week since that has a lockout and people tend to need a lot of practice with both the mechanics and other people they are grouped with before it will go down, and the harder Primals also definitely take some learning too, but you can go at your own pace for just about everything else.

There's lots of stuff available to do even if you can only log in for a little bit. Furthermore, slightly older content tends to go up on the Duty Finder and also become unlocked so you might be able to get more people willing to help with it.

Thanks for this info. I definitely want to get to the point where I'm attacking that harder stuff with a static PT etc. The fact that I can go at my own pace is a super relief for the moment.

Klyka

Banned
So I got my Marauder at lvl 34 (leveleing as warrior), Gladiator lvl 15 and Conjurer lvl 22.

Can anyone tell me if Arcanist/black mage is fun and a good class? I saw one for the first time ina dungeon group and their spells look really fun to use.

Demoskinos

So I got my Marauder at lvl 34 (leveleing as warrior), Gladiator lvl 15 and Conjurer lvl 22.

Can anyone tell me if Arcanist/black mage is fun and a good class? I saw one for the first time ina dungeon group and their spells look really fun to use.

Well you're talking about two different things. Thurmaturge is the class for BLM. Arcanist is the class that leads into SMN or SCH. But to get to the point yes they are fun. SMN is a bit harder to play than BLM though. Bright side is that they do share gear.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
ADS was made a joke

I dunno man, ADS was exactly the same except the bards stop swearing so much and I didn't randomly get paralysed when mashing my face against my special 'all ring of thorns' DRG keybinds. I'm not sure what was up with that but Ryder and Elliott swore it was just part of the fight, along with everyone's health dropping to zero at the same time sometimes. It was a great mystery.

Frazley

Just got my own FC room! I'm on mobile and images aren't working correctly for me, so here is a link to my image post on it. http://ffxiv.tniwwtcraft.com/i-now-have-my-own-room

With a room I just need a gardening pot (Please Yoshi!). Heard Drama will add the new armoire to the estate. We just need a toy box item and the journal as well. Are those in the game yet?

One day I will get a house, but having a room makes me feel great. It fills that void and gives me something to call my own.

dramatis

Just got my own FC room! I'm on mobile and images aren't working correctly for me, so here is a link to my image post on it. http://ffxiv.tniwwtcraft.com/i-now-have-my-own-room

With a room I just need a gardening pot (Please Yoshi!). Heard Drama will add the new armoire to the estate. We just need a toy box item and the journal as well. Are those in the game yet?

One day I will get a house, but having a room makes me feel great. It fills that void and gives me something to call my own.
Looks nice! There's a lot of new furniture in 2.4, so you'll be messing around a bit longer I think.

Sorian

Banned
So, it's safe to say servers won't come up early at all because they don't want to let people in before weekly reset? So I can expect them up at 1am PST or later if there are issues?

orion434

What I really want to know is if the new Artisan Crafting Gear is Meldable? Also since I didn't see a chest piece, I'm debating if I should keep my other ilv 55 gear to glamor? I hate wearing incomplete sets, but I hide headgear so Spectacles were fine.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Noob question - can I do something with blue class specific great that I don't need? I got a ton of stuff for BLM, but since I'm rocking ilvl 90-100 stuff, the earlier lv 50 items are basically useless. From what I've seen I can't change them into materia, store them in the inn room etc. Should I just throw them away if I'm not interested in using them for glamour purposes?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Noob question - can I do something with blue class specific great that I don't need? I got a ton of stuff for BLM, but since I'm rocking ilvl 90-100 stuff, the earlier lv 50 items are basically useless. From what I've seen I can't change them into materia, store them in the inn room etc. Should I just throw them away if I'm not interested in using them for glamour purposes?

i50 blue class gear (aka Artifact armor) can be stored in the inn.
Alternatively you can make it dyeable for glamour purposes by trading it in with augmentations (made by ALC, tradeable, 1 for head, hands and feet, 2 for pants and body)

Jayhawk

That's okay, man. Where we're going there are british catgirls. Time to pick that EU server.

I have some friends on Ragnarok, let's go there. With the ability to now desynthesize i90 myth gear at 2.4, I wouldn't mind desynthesizing the Bard's Tights off some of those British BRD cosplays.

Sorian

Banned
So ETA on someone hitting 50 with Ninja? I'm gonna say about 3 - 4 hours. Premade parties of two rogues, a whm/sch, and a tank.

I don't think 3-4 hours is possible. Also you said ninja which means they'll have to do all the rogue class quests and the first job quest which adds more to that time. Before the day is out for sure but I'm thinking like 10-12 hours.

How quickly do new turns tend to go down? We want to do one lockout of 10 on Tuesday night and I'm hoping there is at least one video to base some efforts on by then.

scy

With a day without FFXIV, I lost 20 pounds, fell in love, got married, and received my doctorate.

Eternal Bonding.

I don't think 3-4 hours is possible. Also you said ninja which means they'll have to do all the rogue class quests and the first job quest which adds more to that time. Before the day is out for sure but I'm thinking like 10-12 hours.

FATE parties for days.

WTB DD farm

I can't wait for the first Ninja in Second Coil groups tomorrow night.

How quickly do new turns tend to go down? We want to do one lockout of 10 on Tuesday night and I'm hoping there is at least one video to base some efforts on by then.

While I have no doubt that a kill will happen tomorrow, I doubt a video will really go out soon.

studyguy

At best I'd expect the teams to burn the first two turns this week till they hit some absurd DPS wall that can't be scaled at their current ilvl. We'll see what Mr. D has in store.

aceface

At best I'd expect the teams to burn the first two turns this week till they hit some absurd DPS wall that can't be scaled at their current ilvl. We'll see what Mr. D has in store.

I remember them saying that T8 went down faster than they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned it harder his time.

Jayhawk

World-first racers would not want to release a video showing how to clear T10 if they're racing for first T11 clear. Showing other groups how to clear T10 means those other groups can catch up and possibly beat them to first T11 clear. Same goes for the subsequent turns.

scy

I remember them saying that T8 went down faster than they wanted. I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned it harder his time.

I think a large part of this was single-tank on T8 wasn't it?

T12 will be a hard enforced double tank encounter with a strict DPS check oboy.

phierce

Why would you want a video? Don't you want to actually try to figure it out on your own instead having your hand held through strats?

Strats are nice if you're trying to catch up before new shit drops, but wanting strats day/week 1? C'mon man...

World-first racers would not want to release a video showing how to clear T10 if they're racing for first T11 clear. Showing other groups how to clear T10 means those other groups can catch up and possibly beat them to first T11 clear. Same goes for the subsequent turns.

Those chasing world-firsts sure, but rest assured Mr Happy or some other person will have some form of video/written guides up within a week or so(for the first three turns) for those who want them. That's how it went for first and second coil and I doubt its going to change for this one.

Jayhawk

I just don't think I could devote 12 - 16 hours each day for the next week on this game just for some e-peen cred. That's insane.

Yet some groups in the FC were willing to go through 6+ hour sessions late into sunrise this weekend just to clear T9 before the patch for this so-called 'e-peen cred'.

The BG's of the world sure, but rest assured Mr happy or some other dude will have some form of video/written guides up within a week or so(for the first three turns), thats how it went for first and second coil and I doubt its going to change for this one.

My post was in the context of having day 1 videos available. Big difference between day 1 and week 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom