• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet some groups in the FC were willing to go through 6+ hour sessions late into sunrise this weekend just to clear T9 before the patch for this so-called 'e-peen cred'.

My post was in the context of having day 1 videos available. Big difference between day 1 and week 1.

No I know, I was merely stating that once its cleared information does seem to get out pretty quickly.

Valor

I have some friends on Ragnarok, let's go there. With the ability to now desynthesize i90 myth gear at 2.4, I wouldn't mind desynthesizing the Bard's Tights off some of those British BRD cosplays.
I like the way you think, but my WVR desynth is pleb tier. By pleb tier, I mean 0. Maybe I can desynth their jewelry though. I don't think that will earn me any points, however.

How quickly do new turns tend to go down? We want to do one lockout of 10 on Tuesday night and I'm hoping there is at least one video to base some efforts on by then.
Yeah, that's very optimistic. There won't be any videos or strategies for a while I would imagine. Where's your sense of adventure? Isn't half of the fun of the new content figuring out how to deal with it instead of just following a step-by-step instruction manual?

So ETA on someone hitting 50 with Ninja? I'm gonna say about 3 - 4 hours. Premade parties of two rogues, a whm/sch, and a tank.
3-4 hours is basically impossible. There will be level 50 NIN by the end of the day for sure.

Jayhawk

3-4 hours is basically impossible. There will be level 50 NIN by the end of the day for sure.

Breaking down the time requirements to 50... When I leveled up BLM and/or BRD using DD first room runs, I think it took like 45 minutes per level 44-50. I'm sure that time could be improved a bit, but that's still like 4 hours just for that level range. The 35+ range for dungeons sucks because Cutter's Cry and Sunken Temple of Qarn take too long, especially the second boss at Qarn. People might be better off in Coerthas doing FATEs. People grinding the dungeons will also make poor use of the bonus exp from challenge log completions since they're percentage-based for current level.

I bet they make T11 will be the hard DPS check. For the lols.

I could actually see it this time, although not for "lols" but because T12 and T13 have been hinted to be bigger fights storyline wise, with Yoshida warning of spoilers and such. Would be interesting to put the gear check earlier and have two long mechanic fights back to back.

Breaking down the time requirements to 50... When I leveled up BLM and/or BRD using DD first room runs, I think it took like 45 minutes per level 44-50. I'm sure that time could be improved a bit, but that's still like 4 hours just for that level range. The 35+ range for dungeons sucks because Cutter's Cry and Sunken Temple of Qarn take too long, especially the second boss at Qarn. People might be better off in Coerthas doing FATEs. People grinding the dungeons will also make poor use of the bonus exp from challenge log completions since they're percentage-based for current level.

Can't wait for the train of Ninjas doing Svara fates!

Wilsongt

Yet some groups in the FC were willing to go through 6+ hour sessions late into sunrise this weekend just to clear T9 before the patch for this so-called 'e-peen cred'.

My post was in the context of having day 1 videos available. Big difference between day 1 and week 1.

Don't doubt Happy. I am sure he'll upload some shitty analysis or opinion video by tomorrow.

Sorian

Banned
I could actually see it this time, although not for "lols" but because T12 and T13 have been hinted to be bigger fights storyline wise, with Yoshida warning of spoilers and such. Would be interesting to put the gear check earlier and have two long mechanic fights back to back.

No, it would be for the lols and a terrible idea. That's means you only get one chance of loot a week to throw against the hard DPS check instead of two. It would be a fundamental change that could break regular progression.

scy

No, it would be for the lols and a terrible idea. That's means you only get one chance of loot a week to throw against the hard DPS check instead of two. It would be a fundamental change that could break regular progression.

Yup. There's a reason why the progression is typically mechanic-based gimmicks early on so they can simply be done-in via time. Gear checks have to come after loot is available.

"You should be able to skip all the trash. Really simple for anyone who is i110, which you all should be for this dungeon."

To be fair, at least the i110 bit will basically be true now!

Valor

Felix and I have a plan in place. It's laced with certain amounts of crazy, but that's kind of what I signed up for anyway. I think a mix of Fates/Leves/Hunting Log/Challenge Log completions will be helpful in that mid-level grind. Once you hit 44, then it's just DD until you're finished, which isn't too bad. It's slow, yeah, but probably the best option.

Wilsongt

Yup. There's a reason why the progression is typically mechanic-based gimmicks early on so they can simply be done-in via time. Gear checks have to come after loot is available.

To be fair, at least the i110 bit will basically be true now!

I'm only a i100 SMN and I do just fine because a lot of the Evanstar gear was shit without ACC. Still rocking the i90 SMN hands, feet, and neck.

Tabris

For me, it wasn't about e-peen cred. Here is why I spent 6 hours:

1) I wanted to do T10 on day 1. Be the first day 1 raid content I've ever done in this game.
2) Having T9 cleared as a group opens up a better player base if we ever lose a member.
3) Having cleared T9 as it was meant to be played.

Valor

3) Having cleared T9 as it was meant to be played.

This is a little bit more akin to e-peen cred, but doing something simply for that reason isn't actually bad or anything. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Some people just don't have that thirst.

Tabris

The real reason to beat turn 9 was 'death to the MNK oppressors'.

We don't play with a dirty DRG :)

This is a little bit more akin to e-peen cred, but doing something simply for that reason isn't actually bad or anything. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Some people just don't have that thirst.

Not e-peen credit, more like starting a game and selecting Hard mode instead of Normal for the enjoyment of the challenge.

Sorian

Banned
We don't play with a dirty DRG :)

Not e-peen credit, more like starting a game and selecting Hard mode instead of Normal for the enjoyment of the challenge.

I think I'll enjoy the steady decrease in interest in DRGs once more NIN are leveled and geared.

Jayhawk

I find it amusing when people ridicule groups trying to get those early clears when it is actually more beneficial, in terms of getting weekly lockout loot in a patch cycle, to spend all that extra time learning content upfront than spending almost an equivalent amount of time learning later. If people have time free time and/or money to take that extra time early on for that raid grind, they are free to do so. Like how Galen and Felix are free to push to NIN 50 quickly. Don't hate the hustlers.

You might find this quote as an example in the definition of e-peen.

Fmal

Banned
So what's the easiest way for me to catch up in gear once 2.4 launches (I stopped playing in 2.0)? I can't believe the amount of content they've added to this game in just under a year.

iammeiam

SE where are mah patch notes.

I forgot how much of my Bayonetta enjoyment relied on having the ice skates and sword unlocked.

So what's the easiest way for me to catch up in gear once 2.4 launches (I stopped playing in 2.0)? I can't believe the amount of content they've added to this game in just under a year.

Probably hunts. Get soldiery for i100 gear, seals for sand/oil to make it i110, run Syrcus Tower until you get a UAT (and more sands/oils).

Sorian

Banned
Man I had to pick DRG alt loot because all you mofos picked MNK / NIN alt :p

You joke but there's still people playing FF11 on the PS2.

Should have been rolling on that monk loot more often. I didn't realize it was going to be 1:1 the exact gear that NIN would equip. I'm gonna take forever to get it geared to 110 now since I never bought any monk sold gear either and all that sold is going towards my gil funds. Looking forward to all of our final coil loot boxes to drop NIN stuff.

And yes, I know people are terrible and still play XI on PS2, that's why I joked on that sad state of affairs.

Tabris

You might find this quote as an example in the definition of e-peen.

Yeah I guess that's true. And I am openly talking about clearing it a bunch, I'm proud we were able to do it. So yeah, that's e-peen credit.

Not rubbing it in anyone's face though, or at least I hope I'm not, so that may be difference. I know how hard that sucker was for us, so just wishing the best on anyone who can try.

Tabris

Should have been rolling on that monk loot more often. I didn't realize it was going to be 1:1 the exact gear that NIN would equip. I'm gonna take forever to get it geared to 110 now since I never bought any monk sold gear either and all that sold is going towards my gil funds. Looking forward to all of our final coil loot boxes to drop NIN stuff.

Is it going to be a separate gear than MNK in 3rd Coil?

LaneDS

Probably hunts. Get soldiery for i100 gear, seals for sand/oil to make it i110, run Syrcus Tower until you get a UAT.

What's UAT?

I've enjoyed my week back with the game (and essentially lurking inside the FC, hello FC!) even though I've done the stuff I didn't focus on at all last year at launch. Spending time leveling miner and botanist (kind of a drag, but still doing it for some reason) and unlocking all the new content I've missed since T5 coil was the peak of the game (so uh, launch and 2.1). Timing seems good with 2.4 and the expansion announcement, as people seem excited for the game and folks seem to enjoy what we have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom