• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

What's UAT?

Unidentified Allagan Tomestone; 1 of those and 1300 soldiery can turn into an i100 weapon. Then add a sands and it's i110; without soldiery capping weekly it's a pretty easy way to gear up quickly and most of the weapons are pretty okay.

With SCoB no longer on lockout, you can also gear up by doing content I guess but hunts are easier and probably faster unless you can sneak into a second coil farm group.

Omnicent

Won't you lose out on DPS by macro'ing it since it rounds up and can't handle decimals for GCD?

*NOTE - Haven't read any of the moves.

this will be the case, unless they adjusted the ogcd of mudras from 0.5 (as they are in the 14 hour stream event where we saw ninja in action) to 1 second. It's probably still 0.5 so that lazy people will do less.
Also this is a very long work day... just 2 more hours till I can leave (and then about 11 more hours till the game will *maybe* be live)

Has anyone made a mini guide of all 2.4 starting points out there by any chance ?

Drama posted this a few pages back:

whfwJA5.jpg

With SCoB no longer on lockout, you can also gear up by doing content I guess but hunts are easier and probably faster unless you can sneak into a second coil farm group.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. You don't join a farm group (especially on PF) if you don't have experience. A single person constantly dying can greatly stall the pace and easily cause the wipe. Nobody will waste their time explaining mechanics and you will very likely be kicked out. Unless it's a GAF group and they're willing to carry you, don't try to sneak in any 2nd Coil farming.

Tabris

I wouldn't recommend doing that. You don't join a farm group (especially on PF) if you don't have experience. A single person constantly dying can greatly stall the pace and easily cause the wipe. Nobody will waste their time explaining mechanics and you will very likely be kicked out. Unless it's a GAF group and they're willing to carry you, don't try to sneak in any 2nd Coil farming.

I'm really curious to see how they nerf the auto-wipe mechanics that make it very hard to carry people.

Tabris

They don't even really need to. Gear will get it up to the point where someone can just walk into the wall and the other 7 can do it.

Yeah but we were just talking about sneaking into a PUG farm group. They'll kick you out.

*Also no wall to run into on T6, T7, and T8. Gotta stand infront of the boss on all 3 and don't get cures.

aceface

How are the Bidoofs doing in T9?

Defeated by work schedules. RIP.

On most of our T9 attempts we've been missing one or two people. I think only once we had everyone for about 2 hours. It's hard to get into a rhythm.

Please post videos of this when it happens.

Sure, which will feature you of course.

But seriously I'll be available for help night again starting this Friday 9pm on Ultros. Ex primals or yes coil turns. Even Ramuh even though I hate that battle.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah but we were just talking about sneaking into a PUG farm group. They'll kick you out.

*Also no wall to run into on T6, T7, and T8. Gotta stand infront of the boss on all 3 and don't get cures.

Have them charge up the first tower twice in T8 with no cures.

Edit: also just go stand in a briar in T6. It just T7 that you have to get cleaved but she cleaves like a truck anyway so that's fine. Not like T6 with its baby cleaves.

Stuart444

Before the day is out for sure but I'm thinking like 10-12 hours.

I don't know, personally I think that's insane but I suppose non-stop dungeons/fate grinding in a pre-made group with almost no breaks, it can be done.

But still rushing like that isn't fun imo but whatever works for those folks I guess.

dark_chris

I agree, you should not sneak into a farm group if you don't know what you're doing. One person can wipe the group to certain mechanics like divebombs, meteor stream or other stuff.
You gotta know how the battle flows

I'm really curious to see how they nerf the auto-wipe mechanics that make it very hard to carry people.

Yeah, A single-person errors on Devour, Cursed Voice/Shriek, Allagan field, Meteors etc will always wipe the party. I think it's really quite impossible to nerf. If they do it means to completely remove those mechanics.

WolvenOne

For lack of anything better to write, here's my 3.0 Wishlist for WAR.

1: Rework Holmgang.

Holmgang as we know it should be made into a PVP specific skill, seeing as it was essentially tailor made for PVP in the first place. For PVE, I'm content with the "Cannot go below 1HP," effect, though of course any affect above this would be appreciated.

2: An Independent Knockback Prevention CD.

Just, please please please, don't make it bind me in place like Holmgang.

3: Enhanced Wrath

Increase total Wrath that can be stacked, and give existing Wrath abilities either higher potency, or a longer duration (or some combination thereof,) should players save up until they reach the new max, before using the ability.
For example, building to the new Max would increase Inner Beast potency, and increase it's mitigation duration to ten or twelve seconds, rather than six. Regardless of how many Stacks you have however, you always go back to zero stacks upon using a Wrath Ability.

4: Skillspeed Buff

Wars have access to both a Crit CD, and a straight up Damage Buff CD, so if we're going to get any additional burst damage capabilities, it should probably be in the form of a Skillspeed UP buff. If this skillspeed up buff can be activated in some manner other than a traditional Cooldown, that'd be all the better. (I hate juggling a ton of CD's, it's a pain to handle more than eight on a controller)

Tabris

so I'm calling it. I'll be the best ninja in the fc. Mainly due to playing invoker in dota and being super pro at him

I've noticed most people who call themselves pro tend not to be. Just a general statement I wanted to make, nothing directed at you, you're probably super pro. Not sure who you are in game yet, but I remember you commenting some good stuff in our streams I think. You and Nova whoever that is here? And Bookey? and some Endless Bravado whoever that is?

Yeah, A sing-person errors on Devour, Cursed Voice/Shriek, Allagan field, Meteors will always wipe the party. I think it's really quite impossible to nerf. If they do it means to completely remove those mechanics.

Well they mentioned petrify won't be an auto-kill in T7. That makes that fight ridiculously easy.

Sorian

Banned
I've noticed most people who call themselves pro tend not to be. Just a general statement I wanted to make, nothing directed at you, you're probably super pro

I'm pro. Tell me otherwise.

To the other part of your post. Petrify will still have the 30 second timer though. Bad luck/positioning means people could keep petrifying each other for a long time and two healers gone for awhile could be fatal. I'd rather be able to farm it with the insta death still. Makes it easier since I can just drop a fireball on them to get them out of the fight and revived faster.

Edit: gonna take a hunch and say Nova Crystalis on twitch is Kagari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom