• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
*Asami drops A in the middle and C just below it for dive bombs, then runs to the corner*

Asami: WHO'S DPS IS SHIT NOW?!

I could literally put those markers anywhere and you'd all follow it blindly. Brb, redrawing all the diagrams so that the entire circle is a death zone.

studyguy

Pretty sure XIVmodels got hit with a C&D at some point, thus killing the only site that dropped data mining regularly. We'll probably see a few things data mined either way but who knows how much.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ninja Mudra DPS be like

tumblr_ls8lfmcipe1qjhp1jo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

WolvenOne

Pretty sure XIVmodels got hit with a C&D at some point, thus killing the only site that dropped data mining regularly. We'll probably see a few things data mined either way but who knows how much.

I think there are some other groups out there that data mine equipment stats. XIVdb tends to lag a bit tho.

How would that even be possible without the patch being up to download...?

In wow and other blizzard games at least, you could sometimes grab the client from the CDN before it was officially released and datamine that. That or datamining an alpha client, though that'd require for it to be leaked. But yeah not likely in general.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Holmgang in PvP should have its HP preservation removed and CD lowered to something like 20s so that WARs could pull dragoons and monks off healers. And, well, just give tanks some meaningful ways to protect healers at all.

The design direction for Frontlines seem to be all about prevention of turtling. More nerfs like that and there's gonna be no reason to play anything but BLM, MNK and BRD. And one SCH I guess.

dramatis

Holmgang in PvP should have its HP preservation removed and CD lowered to something like 20s so that WARs could pull dragoons and monks off healers. And, well, just give tanks some meaningful ways to protect healers at all.

The design direction for Frontlines seem to be all about prevention of turtling. More nerfs like that and there's gonna be no reason to play anything but BLM, MNK and BRD. And one SCH I guess.
Reminds me:
It was a semi-GAF party fighting adders constantly at manors, so maybe you were there.

Why would you want a video? Don't you want to actually try to figure it out on your own instead having your hand held through strats?

Strats are nice if you're trying to catch up before new shit drops, but wanting strats day/week 1? C'mon man...

You really can't understand why a person wouldn't want to throw themselves at something for a few hours and make little to no progress?

Its hard getting 8 adults together. That time is precious.

Stuart444

Saw this on Reddit and burst out laughing at it haha.

Anyway I'm going to try and wake up at 7am GMT (time when it was supposed to end) for this. Any chance of it being up then? I mean they did say they were extending it by an hour, would they end the maint early even though they probably want to avoid people getting early Poetics before the weekly reset?

Tirod

Last night was a terrible time to resub. SMH at myself.

I remembered the 2.4 Patch Trailer thread from Gaming side so I assumed it was out already. :(

Hyped to see all the new stuff. Coming into the game with renewed passion after a 3 month hiatus.

LaneDS

Unidentified Allagan Tomestone; 1 of those and 1300 soldiery can turn into an i100 weapon. Then add a sands and it's i110; without soldiery capping weekly it's a pretty easy way to gear up quickly and most of the weapons are pretty okay.

With SCoB no longer on lockout, you can also gear up by doing content I guess but hunts are easier and probably faster unless you can sneak into a second coil farm group.

Oh sweet. Will still probably run my face into the wall trying to build up the Curtana, post-patch, but it's good to see there is another option out there for getting decent weapons available.

Saw this on Reddit and burst out laughing at it haha.

Anyway I'm going to try and wake up at 7am GMT (time when it was supposed to end) for this. Any chance of it being up then? I mean they did say they were extending it by an hour, would they end the maint early even though they probably want to avoid people getting early Poetics before the weekly reset?

They certainly wouldn't have an early maintenance end, unless they somehow found a way to move the weekly reset for this week only which is probably not worth it. Since they specifically added an hour so people don't rush poetics, I don't see them going back on that even if they're ready. So wouldn't expect server being up before the appointed time, but you can maybe prepare for the server NOT being up for several hours AFTER the maintenance is supposed to end, depending on your trust in mmo servers.

WolvenOne

Btw, assuming Rogue and Ninja get a ton of fate parties going, how long do you think that will last?

I would assume take advantage of those parties to get my Monk leveled a bit more quickly, but I do want to try my hand at Ninja as well.

Also, I take it crafted Dragoon armor will be too insanely priced to realistically consider, right?

Shame, seeing as the itemization for both the Soldiery and High Allagen sets bite. :p

Seriously Skill Speed and Crit everywhere. I need accuracy and determination on that class, badly.

Stuart444

They certainly wouldn't have an early maintenance end, unless they somehow found a way to move the weekly reset for this week only which is probably not worth it. Since they specifically added an hour so people don't rush poetics, I don't see them going back on that even if they're ready. So wouldn't expect server being up before the appointed time, but you can maybe prepare for the server NOT being up for several hours AFTER the maintenance is supposed to end, depending on your trust in mmo servers.

I'm hoping not for several hours. Trying to get some story quests in before my partner in crime has to leave (3 and a half hours playtime assuming servers don't royally screw up)

At the very least, Hoping the first hour will be the worst of it hahaha
;_; please

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Also, I take it crafted Dragoon armor will be too insanely priced to realistically consider, right?
It needs new tools to procure. New tools need dailies and MDs.
Edit: Well patch notes imply it's gonna be possible to do 4-stars even with current gear, but much harder. Which does nothing to help the pricing issue of course.

Oh sweet. Will still probably run my face into the wall trying to build up the Curtana, post-patch, but it's good to see there is another option out there for getting decent weapons available.

Shiva EX will drop 110 weapons too, though you'd probably be expected to have a 110weapon before attempting her unless they mess up the balancing. The soldiery weapon will be easy enough to farm, to an extent, might need a few ST runs before you get an UAT and a sand though with everyone rolling on everything because they can. Hell might take more than a "few". That's why I'm glad I have an UAT and sand saved up from the last 2 weeks runs.

Relic should be a ton easier to build now, but on the other hand, it still costs a ton to get the materias for your novus. As a tank it's a bit cheaper though cause you can use parry and what not.

Ploid 3.0

I'm so excited to watch all of this. So many people logged off at the rogue quest npc thing. Then see people tear thing up as Ninja, and see how effective they are.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Anchor Howl

tumblr_mumny1756n1s2s2dbo1_400.gif

ccae103bc88b95676d0b9fc9a84923f91382391549_full.png

WolvenOne

Yeah, this would be a good PVP skill. Still, I'd rather still a whole new Holmgang-esque skill created for PVP, and PVE Holmgang altered to be more useful for PVE.

The tether just, isn't useful outside PVP. Even some trash mobs seem to be immune to it now.

Omnicent

NIN weapons and gear are going to be soo expensive for the first few weeks. 100k for one piece of lv 20 gear I'm sure.

? just buy it from an npc?
Now the Vamper's Knives? Those might cost an arm since it's probably the item used for melding in the relic quest-line (by the way any 50 alchemists in GAF? Have the mats excluding the Bloody Knife Blades.
Going to either do leve's or farm the chest in Wanderer's palace).

CLBridges

Once servers go up I'll def. be running around unlocking everything first. I'll unlock NIN last cause I'll be playing that for a couple hours at least while the getting is good with fates etc. lol. I didn't get to clear Ramuh X prior to this patch, but I'll get that this week I hope (carry me GAF plz lol). Also, finally got around to cleaning up and organizing my retainers before maintenance, felt good to finally get that done after almost a year of so much stuff building up. One thing I'm not short on now is materia, should be able to make a few hundred thou or more from them. Novus/Nexus is really not on my radar, so I won't be saving them.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What REALLY needs to be done is to get a WP speedrun group together, farm Ninja relic precursor ingredient and sell it for mad dosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom