• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Anyone know offhand how common the other relic precursors are as a leve reward? I just know they're possible, but are we talking dodore wing level rarity?

? just buy it from an npc?
Now the Vamper's Knives? Those might cost an arm since it's probably the item used for melding in the relic quest-line (by the way any 50 alchemists in GAF? Have the mats excluding the Bloody Knife Blades.
Going to either do leve's or farm the chest in Wanderer's palace).

I'm sure there's plenty of 50 alchs, since it's one of the key crafts to do harder stuff with cross classes anyway. I can do them at least and Punch I think said he can too, but really anyone with a master crafter of any sort is pretty much guaranteed to have 50alchemy. Thing with relic stuff is it's 1star so almost everyone can do them even with patrician armor and no melds, plus you don't need a HQ. Key will be getting the actual bloody knives, I'm sure they'll be crazy expensive on the market board so people will have to run wanderer's palace. With some luck though it drops from the chest you get the sword in, so you can do 2mins runs and be done quickly.

As for the armor well I have all my armor ready but I doubt the prices will be that high, there is no real reason to buy armor on a DPS class besides every 10levels or so for main stats upgrades. Only weapons really matter, and you get a bunch of them from the GC(21, 27, 30, 38, 42, 44 or something like that, so you only need a few to fit the holes). Then again people bought overpriced armor my retainer got on quick ventures all the time, so maybe I'm wrong and should have spent some time crafting spares to sell.

Tabris

NIN weapons and gear are going to be soo expensive for the first few weeks. 100k for one piece of lv 20 gear I'm sure.

I crafted 20 pieces of level 20-40 gear that NIN would use and marked them up a bit. Not too much. If it was going for 15k I listed it for 20k.

Omnicent

I'm sure there's plenty of 50 alchs, since it's one of the key crafts to do harder stuff with cross classes anyway. I can do them at least and Punch I think said he can too, but really anyone with a master crafter of any sort is pretty much guaranteed to have 50alchemy. Thing with relic stuff is it's 1star so almost everyone can do them even with patrician armor and no melds, plus you don't need a HQ. Key will be getting the actual bloody knives, I'm sure they'll be crazy expensive on the market board so people will have to run wanderer's palace. With some luck though it drops from the chest you get the sword in, so you can do 2mins runs and be done quickly.

As for the armor well I have all my armor ready but I doubt the prices will be that high, there is no real reason to buy armor on a DPS class besides every 10levels or so for main stats upgrades. Only weapons really matter, and you get a bunch of them from the GC(21, 27, 30, 38, 42, 44 or something like that, so you only need a few to fit the holes).

ahh good to know. I have most crafts at 50 except for leather worker, but I never made the jump to engame crafting. I just have a melded dodore + patrician combo (I'm so far behind the crafting curve).

plake

I crafted 20 pieces of level 20-40 gear that NIN would use and marked them up a bit. Not too much. If it was going for 15k I listed it for 20k.

Good one. Sure you could have marked them up way more though – c'mon, play the economic game! This is your moment.

FiraB

Banned
NIN gear market is going to be a rollercoaster tomorrow.

This is why when the patch notes went up and we knew what gear was getting dex added to it I bought everything I needed from 10-45 while it only cost 80k to do so on Hyperion, once you out level something you turn around and throw on back on the market for a profit and laugh all the way to uldah.

ahh good to know. I have most crafts at 50 except for leather worker, but I never made the jump to engame crafting. I just have a melded dodore + patrician combo (I'm so far behind the crafting curve).

Pretty sure patrician with no melds + 45+offhand + class quest lvl 50 weapon is enough for 1star requirements, though not 100% sure as I tend to have the crafted offhand on everyone. But like my blacksmith uses unmelded patrician and can make darksteel so shouldn't be an issue. Then you just basically spam synthesis on the item and it's done.

The thing that requires a good alchemist will be Ninja AF augmentations, need to be master for that. Though with the price of scheelite and cashmere going through the roof, that'll make the augments very expensive for a while. I didn't get to buy enough coke/potash before the patch notes were revealed to make my own augments :(

Jayhawk

Craft ROG/NIN gear, and or buy the gear from vendors. You're missing on free gil that comes out of that gear after converting it onto materia. Hell, go spam FATEs in crafting/gathering gear since the average prices for those are higher for the first two tiers of materia.

Craft ROG/NIN gear, and or buy the gear from vendors. You're missing on free gil that comes out of that gear after converting it onto materia. Hell, go spam FATEs in crafting/gathering gear since the average prices for those are higher for the first two tiers of materia.

Can do crafting/gathering but you do lose a lot of stats which makes it harder to get credit on stuff. Depends on the amount of people in the fate and stuff though. I kept all my DoW gear from when I lvled every class to 50 when I came back so I had like an almost complete set of dungeon gear every 5 levels. I had to craft only 5pieces to fill the holes, and well 5 for lvl 5-8 stuff.

Tabris

This is why when the patch notes went up and we knew what gear was getting dex added to it I bought everything I needed from 10-45 while it only cost 80k to do so on Hyperion, once you out level something you turn around and throw on back on the market for a profit and laugh all the way to uldah.

What kind of anti-spiritbonding sorcery is this?

WolvenOne

again, since I have nothing better to do.

2.4 slash 2.5 To-Do list.

1: Level all melee classes to 50, so Nin and Monk.

2: Level WHM until I get Stoneskin.

3: Get better at PLD. As boring as the class is, there are times when it'd be better for me to take the MT position.

4: Clear Final Coil, well before the expansion, preferably in an actual group. I really do want the experience of learning these fights with a full static group, just for once.

5: Obtain massive amounts of Gil, and gloat over Gizu during his inevitable return. (Half kidding.)

6: Make myself sick leveling up my Zodiac to 135 (Hurr-ray?)

7: Make largely pointless posts to the OT. Check.

8: Puns.

phierce

You really can't understand why a person wouldn't want to throw themselves at something for a few hours and make little to no progress?

Its hard getting 8 adults together. That time is precious.
Obviously I can't or I wouldn't have made my reply.

Our views are clearly different...lets just leave it at that and both go back to our precious adult time.

studyguy

I mean a rollercoaster of profit I intend to ride to the bank.
All the gear on the way up is garbage most people can make, but you know hundreds of people will pay out the nose anyway

scy

I leveled my Bard recently and just kept all my 25-50 dungeon drops. Only had to craft a mid-teens set since I didn't have much left of that gear.

Even then, the only part that will really matter will be the weapon anyway.

studyguy

These are people that I like to call idiots. They are great for draining money from.

I love those people though, they're the kind of people who buy their krakka root at 4k off of the market wards when you can go to the NPC yourself. Who would have thought I'd make a profit off of those 99 krakka root seeds I bought on accident :x

Ploid 3.0

The only time I bought gear for my classes while leveling was stuff that were 50+, oh and that monk stuff since it was good (around 48 I think).

Isaccard

again, since I have nothing better to do.

2.4 slash 2.5 To-Do list.

1: Level all melee classes to 50, so Nin and Monk.

2: Level WHM until I get Stoneskin.

3: Get better at PLD. As boring as the class is, there are times when it'd be better for me to take the MT position.

4: Clear Final Coil, well before the expansion, preferably in an actual group. I really do want the experience of learning these fights with a full static group, just for once.

5: Obtain massive amounts of Gil, and gloat over Gizu during his inevitable return. (Half kidding.)

6: Make myself sick leveling up my Zodiac to 135 (Hurr-ray?)

7: Make largely pointless posts to the OT. Check.

8: Puns.

y u no level other classes yet

I really should have crafted gear and sold them on the market when I was in the middle of my crafting phase. Would have made the experience less soul crushing

Wilsongt

The joy of having jobs staggered is that my lower level jobs get all of the hand-me-downs I keep in my retainer. So while I leveled up BRD, any gear I still have can be slapped on my DRG or PLD/MRD. Same with crafting gear.

Sorian

Banned
I was buying cheap stuff off the mb lately since I leveled monk to 50 and DRG to 29 (have to push at some point for b4b) so I'm sure I have plenty of gear on me for me not to care.

Reknoc

never did finish off the story quests in time for the update. Guess I'll see Shiva sometime in 2.6 or whatever.

Getting pretty hyped for Rogue.

Tabris

checklist

I know you never listened to my advice, but I see these posts and think if you spent all that effort you do with checklists, grinding, and goals on just working on your game (calming down, no panics, improving reaction time, better situational awareness), it would be worth a whole lot more than any gear or relic, and you would end up accomplishing your goals faster in the end.

That's what I'm working on personally. I wanna get better as a player, got a long way to go still! Hopefully some of the earlier Final Coil turns are harder on tanks, so I'm forced to improve more.

I love those people though, they're the kind of people who buy their krakka root at 4k off of the market wards when you can go to the NPC yourself. Who would have thought I'd make a profit off of those 99 krakka root seeds I bought on accident :x

Haha yeah I saw a bunch of people bought them in the last few days, I guess because of more housing, which is so dumb since a quick search on xivdb shows they're sold at a NPC anyway.

Then again I sold like 200aldgoat horns the past few weeks at 350-400g even though they're like 240 on NPCs, so yeah, not anything new.

I might sit down and craft some armor if I see the prices are worth it, I could have done it beforehand but meh didn't feel it was necessary, at the same time my retainer are gonna have a bunch of free slots so might as well.

WolvenOne

y u no level other classes yet

Haven't seen much of a need until recently. Usually there is a ton of demand for tanks at end game content. But I couldn't get into many T9 parties until I swallowed my pride and agreed to go as DRG.

Once I did that, it only took me a little over a week, to go from being stuck at first golem, to seeing the last phase as both DPS and off tank. So im kicking myself over my stubbornness now.

So for other classes. While I'm a passable DRG, the class hasn't really clicked for me yet, so I want to try other classes and see if they're a better match.

Also, want to get better at PLD, so I can main tank comfortably.

Basically, I want ample options at end game, so I can see content more easily.

Valor

Remove this.

I leveled my Bard recently and just kept all my 25-50 dungeon drops. Only had to craft a mid-teens set since I didn't have much left of that gear.

Even then, the only part that will really matter will be the weapon anyway.

Yeah I leveled my alt classes basically with level 15 gear > Brayflox gear > AF Gear. Never had any issues. I don't plan to start having issues now.

Jayhawk

Having trouble deciding if doing X is the best thing to do once maintenance is over?

just-do-it-hed-2013.jpg

Omnicent

You know you're bored when you start to re-read Gantz (starts so goood, but then the end.... *sighs*)

My 2.4 checklist is simply level NIN for now (and do scenario/hildebrand quests).
Considering I have not done any coil or extreme mode fights, going to be doing all that
on my Ninja (oh boy!)

Sophia

I know you never listened to my advice, but I see these posts and think if you spent all that effort you do with checklists, grinding, and goals on just working on your game (calming down, no panics, improving reaction time, better situational awareness), it would be worth a whole lot more than any gear or relic, and you would end up accomplishing your goals faster in the end.

That's what I'm working on personally. I wanna get better as a player, got a long way to go still! Hopefully some of the earlier Final Coil turns are harder on tanks, so I'm forced to improve more.

You should listen to his advice, WolvenOne. These are all essential skills to pick up, especially situational awareness as a tank. Good tanks right now are literally defined by their situational awareness. How quickly they pick up on someone making a mistake, and how aware of the environment they're in.

Item Box

Damn, I didn't know ninja plays just like dota invoker. I just got dragoon and already feel like dropping it, but I think its best to wait until the hype dies down anyway

can't wait for the macro spam quoting naruto in every df though

WolvenOne

You should listen to his advice, WolvenOne. These are all essential skills to pick up, especially situational awareness as a tank. Good tanks right now are literally defined by their situational awareness. How quickly they pick up on someone making a mistake, and how aware of the environment they're in.

Considering this man
spent two hours sending me PST's that were at the very least borderline harassing in nature, in response making an inquiry over possible ways to get more T9 practice.
I'm not listening to a thing he says, thank you very much.

As for his assessment,
(Really, did you really have to quote him, I have him on a blacklist for a reason,)
I'm fully aware that I'm a little prone to panic when something highly unexpected happens. This is a problem that's addressed by practice, and I've improved greatly in this regard since I've started playing this game.

As for situational awareness, this is bunk. My situational awareness, is generally fine. The only time it isn't, is when I'm fatigued, or stressed. This is of course a bit of a problem when you're doing long runs for progression, or when you're dealing with people whom obviously get upset when a party is struggling, but almost everyone suffers when they're fatigued or stressed, so I'm not going to give myself a terribly hard time over that one.

Basically, yes I'm aware of my own shortcomings, and have been taking active steps towards overcoming them since I started playing this game.
I do not need people reminding me of this, particularly people whom are only making these comments as a passive aggressive means of getting under my skin.

Please do not quote Tabris again, when he's making comments directed towards me.

Damn, I didn't know ninja plays just like dota invoker. I just got dragoon and already feel like dropping it, but I think its best to wait until the hype dies down anyway

can't wait for the macro spam quoting naruto in every df though

It isn't really as "hard" as Invoker though. You only ninjutsu every 20secs(and well once more when Kassatsu is up, which is apparently every 3mins so...) and you don't need specific combos of elements, just 2 or 3 and only the last one matters in determining the spell. And all the spells are obviously autohit, no aiming sunstrikes or microing forge spirits, plus you mostly only spam the same 3 spells, with one more for aoe and one in some rare cases(and last one never). Also mudras have a shared cooldown so you have more time to do your combo and not mess it up.

I guess kinda similar to early game wex invoker if anything, but yeah much easier overall. Still concept is nice.

Sophia

(Really, did you really have to quote him, I have him on a blacklist for a reason,)

I apologize for not magically knowing all of your history, issues, and beefs with specific users. I also apologize for not magically knowing the contents of your blacklist. Clearly it was my mistake in quoting what I thought was pretty solid advice, and I will make sure in the future to not make this mistake again. :p

lol MrHappy put out nearly a 20 minute video speculating about YoshiP's handgesture.

He sure does know how to talk and pad the length of his videos. Guess it's not overall a bad thing, although sometimes I think it results in misinformation and excessive speculation. Ah well.

WolvenOne

I apologize for not magically knowing all of your history, issues, and beefs with specific users. I also apologize for not magically knowing the contents of your blacklist. Clearly it was my mistake in quoting what I thought was pretty solid advice, and I will make sure in the future to not make this mistake again. :p

I didn't mean to snap, I apologize for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom