• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

So I logged in, went to N.Shroud, exchanged my oaknots for ehctal sealants. Went to AH and saw people were selling for 1m with no buyers. Went with 500k as I thought that's where I would get some buyers. Sold all of them. Market was flooded shortly after and now sell for 300-350k and going down. Cha-ching. 3.5m from little work and right pricing.

Azzurri

As a sorta new comer, what is there to do besides raiding?

From reading and watching vids it seems that it's mostly a gear grind Theme Park MMO, with not much more besides crafting or casual PvP.

I know this isn't a sandbox, but is there other non combat stuff to do?

From reading and watching vids it seems that it's mostly a gear grind Theme Park MMO, with not much more besides crafting or casual PvP.
For me, it's the kind of MMO I run through everything once, then wait out until 1-2 content patches before resubbing.

Enjoy the initial leveling and story, run every dungeon/raid once and do your class relic.
They nailed that theme park "Final Fantasy" feel, IMO. Awesome stuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Shiva Hard Mode was fun. Really easy, but the "slippery" attack really got us the first time.
I don't like the ice circles though, it's way too hard to see what's going on.
I was considering buying Sleipnir, but it's about twice as expensive as I expected, so no thanks.

studyguy

If you're looking for non combat, crafting has its own storylines for each job.
Join an FC you can raise your chocobos, garden, engage in the Hildebrand sidequests (best part of the god damn game), get married now, gather.

Honestly crafting/gathering itself if you don't want to fight is extensive though, they all have their own storylines and what you can make/find. Golden Saucer is coming eventually with minigames/choco racing too.

The storyline itself will probably keep most players going for ages.
Main story is long, then the leviathan/domans, Ramuh story, now shiva story.
It's... kind of a long story now that I think of it. god damn, you do need to do each one to unlock the next too, right?

Azzurri

For me, it's the kind of MMO I run through everything once, then wait out until 1-2 content patches before resubbing.

Enjoy the initial leveling and story, run every dungeon/raid once and do your class relic.
They nailed that theme park "Final Fantasy" feel, IMO. Awesome stuff.

I can respect that, but I guess when I sub to a game I want more reason to actually log in and do everything once, and quit then come back.

Levito

Banned
After a year of owning XIV I finally dug into it this weekend. Goodness what a fantastic game, the only MMO's besides this that have truly hooked me were WoW and GW2. XIV has this unique charm to it that I've never experienced in the genre too, aaaah too awesome!

Got game on PC. Played game on PC. Bought PS4 version on Amazon, used. Didn't understand registration code would be necessary when you already have an account. Anger.

Klyka

Banned
After a year of owning XIV I finally dug into it this weekend. Goodness what a fantastic game, the only MMO's besides this that have truly hooked me were WoW and GW2. XIV has this unique charm to it that I've never experienced in the genre too, aaaah too awesome!

It's the character models,animations and the environments for me. They just put me in the mood to play the game.

studyguy

Got game on PC. Played game on PC. Bought PS4 version on Amazon, used. Didn't understand registration code would be necessary when you already have an account. Anger.

I didn't realize the PS4 version required a registration code.
I assumed it was just pop the disc in and have an account. How unfortunate.

Can someone explain what this registration code business means? Why can he not play his game?

Basically, there's a registration code in the PS4 box that you have to redeem on PSN. Then when you sign into your S-E account in-game, it links it for a PS4 license on MogStation. Buyer beware with used console versions : /

Klyka

Banned
Basically, there's a registration code in the PS4 box that you have to redeem on PSN. Then when you sign into your S-E account in-game, it links it for a PS4 license on MogStation. Buyer beware with used console versions : /

Ohhhhhh you bought the PS4 version of the GAME used. I misread your post and thought you bought a used PS4 and somehow this was doing something.

Ok,got it!

Levito

Banned
It's the character models,animations and the environments for me. They just put me in the mood to play the game.

Yeah it's really impressive. I think the biggest compliment I can pay it is it legitimately feels like a Final Fantasy game, and a great one at that. Often MMO's based on existing franchises just feel like a complimentary skin(Warhammer Online and Elder Scrolls come to mind) but this on the hand... You can just feel the developers passion behind it.

studyguy

Uh, everyone?

yeshrug.png

Yeah it's really impressive. I think the biggest compliment I can pay it is it legitimately feels like a Final Fantasy game, and a great one at that. Often MMO's based on existing franchises just feel like a complimentary skin(Warhammer Online and Elder Scrolls come to mind) but this on the hand... You can just feel the developers passion behind it.

So much passion they go out of their way to look ridiculous for us.

Uh, everyone?

You're right, everyone knows that an account based game wouldn't automatically recognize that you're a customer of the service without an external code.

Additionally, everyone would also know that unlike other publishers like EA or Ubisoft, S-E does not offer purchase of said "Online Passes" of registration codes.

The whole thing seems dumb to me (even if they want to prevent used purchases, at least offer a solution to buy a new code)

studyguy

Tell me more, I need to live vicariously though you guys till I get off work.
Today is terrible for the sheer amount of stuff I have to do at work vs the fact that the patch dropped. Wish I could have taken the day.

For those of us that don't keep up with patches. Is there a place where I can find a list of the current roulette requirements? I can't do high level anymore. Not sure which I need.

EDIT: Nevermind it's in the patch notes, lol.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looking at the stats for 4-star crafting items, I'm guessing we're going to need food to pull those off? I don't know if melding will do the trick. Was there any new crafting gear introduced to hit the numbers required to make that stuff?

Stuart444

Can I just gush how perfect the phase transition in Shiva is?
Soken too good

I can't wait to see Shiva but sadly that won't be til tomorrow. I'm too tired and will collapse soon. :(.

Once the story is done, I'm getting back to working on Mog EX/Ramuh EX just to see Shiva EX. Hyped :D.

WolvenOne

Being stuck at work is despair.

I sympathize, I'm stuck at work too, aaaaand will probably be taking a nap once I'm home. Only had three hours of sleep last night after all.

After that, eh, I guess I'll finish the story quest, and maybe try to get in some T9 practice, or something. <_<;;

phierce

Being stuck at work is despair.
Being stuck at work for 12 hours after waking up at 1am to play until leaving for work at 6am is even worse.

My own fault, but was completely worth It. I was able to knock out the entire story quest, Hildy quest and Sastasha HM.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Being stuck at work for 12 hours after waking up at 1am to play until leaving for work at 6am is even worse.

My own fault, but was completely worth It. I was able to knock out the entire story quest, Hildy quest and Sastasha HM.
I stayed up too and got into a T9 farm group for a bit. Also unlocked Final Coil but that's it. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom