• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Reading about it on Reddit, it sounds pretty straight forward.

Tank perspective sounds simple enough.

Stack with party for Aoe-cleave, kinda like with Hydra.

Dodge another Aoe like Slipstream, Tank swap.

Looks like the real challenge is that her mechanics change depending on what weapon she has drawn, so observing and adjusting is going to be the challenge. Shouldn't be as chaotic as Ramuh could get though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Shiva mechanics are a lot more involving than Ramuh's, but require Titan levels of personal coordination not to die. If anything, she reminds me of what I've seen of Odin, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call her the hardest primal yet because her HP pool seems to be not here not there and the DPS check is fairly lax.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My iPhone 5s went through the Washer AND Dryer. Luckily I still have the emergency code. I found out right before I was going to bed and I couldn't sleep. Not sure how much I'll be able to play tonight :S

This sucks.

WolvenOne

One of the minions is from Sastasha HM last boss, bonus chest.

http://xivdb.com/?item/7567

EDIT:
Confirmed drops from T10 for itemization junkies:
-Tank boots
-Ninja shoes
-Casting necklace
-Bard gloves

.....Darnit, and I had all but settled on grabbing the Magitech fending boots as my first Poetry item. Now I have to consider the possibility that the 130 tank boots could drop on the first turn.

Well, probably doesn't change that much, I suppose. Plus it'll probably be two to three weeks before I'm seriously making Final Coil attempts. Need to finish up T9 first, maaaaaaybe farm it for my Tank chest piece, and DRG spear, then of course, gotta try helping a few other peeps through it.

WolvenOne

Tanks are so parry heavy this time.

Parry really isn't as bad a stat as some people seem to think. Sure it's random, but it pops up quite often once you hit 600, and by the time you reach 700 you should be parrying every 3rd or 4th attack.

I'd still prefer steady mitigation over a chance at high mitigation, but when you're learning content that 27-30% mitigation every few hits helps.

All the good beast tribe guys don't even live in the actual beastmen areas I'm talking about, where the crystal is and everything. They all could easily form a settlement and establish trade with their nearest city. If you locked down the actual dens the tempered beasts would be massively hurt, and they'd have no way to summon the primal.

Again I am talking about the tempered/evil beastmen, you can establish colonies of sorts like the Sylphs have for the rest. Most of there lairs weren't even always theirs, they invaded and took the areas by force. They need to be fought back against and occupied rather than just sending in small teams to break their newest weapon while they continue to terrorize the people in the surrounding areas in preparation to revive their weapon again. The entire battle plan from the GC side of things just makes no sense, and is woefully ineffective. They've tried to cut off their supply of crystals but that just slows them down, if you don't take out the root of the problem it will never end.

You are having a problem with comparing how big the world is and how many mobs there are gamewise, and how many there is non gamewise. One person being able to just go in and clear out every beastman in an area is a gameplay function. There are a lot more of them, and their lairs would be a lot bigger lorewise.

WolvenOne

The beastmen tribe populations are so large, that you can kill dozens of guards every minute, and they can replace that number with new guards before that minute is out. That, or the same guards are respawning at their own aetherytes and immediately running back to their posts. Either way, their numbers, *or their permadeath resistance,* means that permanently removing them would be very difficult. You could occupy them, but we know how messy occupations can be.

The current strategy, seems to be centered around keeping the beast tribes in check, while negotiations are ongoing. Negotiations for most tribes however, seem unlikely to work. They might be able to work something out with the Kobalds, but, seeing as the Limisans broke their previous treaty.....

yaffi

mHHuaA6.jpg

Lubricating the lever, eh?

BadRNG

You are having a problem with comparing how big the world is and how many mobs there are gamewise, and how many there is non gamewise. One person being able to just go in and clear out every beastman in an area is a gameplay function. There are a lot more of them, and their lairs would be a lot bigger lorewise.
That's a good point I didn't think about. I still feel like the current plan is still ineffective for the same reasons though, it's just a bandaid solution. Even if the lairs are much larger if we don't occupy or destroy the lairs they will keep coming.

That's a good point I didn't think about. I still feel like the current plan is still ineffective for the same reasons though, it's just a bandaid solution. Even if the lairs are much larger if we don't occupy or destroy the lairs they will keep coming.

Think of the world in a much much bigger scale that it is presented in game, and remember that each "country's" army has trouble just covering their own regional issues. I feel that each beast tribe is suppose to be around the same size as any of the main human settlements with an entire population, not just a zone of warrior mobs that we kill over and over.

studyguy

There's still 2 more turns though, I don't think BG cleared the first 2 in second coil either before anyone else but cleared nael first didn't they? I personally don't care who clears them, but I enjoy hearing the competition and the suffering that goes on during the climb to the end.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just because highly skilled players clear the content fast doesn't mean it's too easy.
You can call foul on Gondai when they clear The Burning Heart before the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom