• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

So these caster gear itemization's... am I wrong in thinking that SMN's are getting screwed .

spell speed everywhere =/

A lot of BLMs switched to SMN for second coil. A few of them switched back to BLM (especially with the buffs in an earlier patch), but this itemization might be SE's way of getting more BLMs in groups.

WolvenOne

Summoner loot gets the DRG treatment this time around....

... I wonder why SE seems to be picking one class per raid cycle to stick with horrible itemization?

PS: Developers, you better not have stuck all the best pieces for my classes on the last turn of Coil again!

I will find you if you have!

Jayhawk

I just noticed the video link I posted a page back was not even T10. WELP, THANKS TO TROLL WHO GAVE ME LINK AND ME NOT WATCHING IT WHILE WORKING.

iammeiam

Today I learned that I do not have the strength of character to FATE grind more than maybe one level at a time.

Which is a shame because my silver ninja tux looks great.

Eldren

I used a fantasia potion a little while ago because I wanted to change a few things about my character but I accidentally made her really pale because I find the lighting in the character creation screens difficult to work with. It's going to take some getting used to...

Also I tried Rogue for a couple of hours earlier and it's pretty fun but it kind of reinforced for me that I'm just not that into melee classes. I love the lore/story aspects and they get some great looking gear but I can't see myself sticking with it. The wait for the gun class is going to be torture.

I'm enjoying the story so far though, and it's nice to have a story-dungeon again after so long

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The second boss fight in the story dungeon is really fun, the rest of the dungeon is kund of whatever.

K.Sabot

I used a fantasia potion a little while ago because I wanted to change a few things about my character but I accidentally made her really pale because I find the lighting in the character creation screens difficult to work with. It's going to take some getting used to...

Also I tried Rogue for a couple of hours earlier and it's pretty fun but it kind of reinforced for me that I'm just not that into melee classes. I love the lore/story aspects and they get some great looking gear but I can't see myself sticking with it. The wait for the gun class is going to be torture.

I'm enjoying the story so far though, and it's nice to have a story-dungeon again after so long

I hear you can buy Fantasia in the cash shop? Not sure.

Eldren

I hear you can buy Fantasia in the cash shop? Not sure.

Yeah you can. They're £5.75 a go which isn't horrific I suppose but not something I want to get into the habit of relying on. I'll give it a week or two and see if I get used to it, I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not a big deal. I think I'm just so accustomed to the way my character used to look that any change, even trying a different hair colour, would throw me off.

I sometimes miss this game and consider resubbing every now and again. Last time I played was like last November or so - 2.1 wasn't out yet, and I got bored of doing Coils and farming Myth every week. When I think about coming back to MMOs, it always seems like you're so far behind after a few patches and playing catch up is never fun. I'm sure they made it easy to get all caught up, but it still feels like I've been gone too long to return now.

Plus, when I play subscription MMOs, it's all I play and I miss out on other games. It sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of resubbing, lol. Like I said, I do miss it sometimes though.

phierce

I sometimes miss this game and consider resubbing every now and again. Last time I played was like last November or so - 2.1 wasn't out yet, and I got bored of doing Coils and farming Myth every week. When I think about coming back to MMOs, it always seems like you're so far behind after a few patches and playing catch up is never fun. I'm sure they made it easy to get all caught up, but it still feels like I've been gone too long to return now.

Plus, when I play subscription MMOs, it's all I play and I miss out on other games. It sounds like I'm trying to talk myself out of resubbing, lol. Like I said, I do miss it sometimes though.
Lots and lots has been added/changed since you last played. Pretty safe to say it's much, much better than it was back pre 2.1.

Catching up would take some time and grinding, but there's a lot more to grind on now. However, since you got bored of the grind last time, I would probably recommend against coming back.

Lots and lots has been added/changed since you last played. Pretty safe to say it's much, much better than it was back pre 2.1.

Catching up would take some time and grinding, but there's a lot more to grind on now. However, since you got bored of the grind last time, I would probably recommend against coming back.

That's good to hear it's much better than it was pre 2.1. I still enjoyed the game back at launch (I played it way too much over those 3~ months), but I got pretty tired of the end-game grind and quit. Plus, my Coils group hit a brick wall on Turn 5 and people stopped showing up regularly which was always frustrating. That's one thing I always hated about the end game of MMOs - there's too much damn waiting for other people! lol

Hmm, your description of their being "a lot more to grind on now" doesn't really seem that appealing. I used to enjoy grinding in MMOs, but I think I just got tired of it after FFXI and WoW (played both for years). Maybe I'm just done with MMOs despite loving the idea of them.

BLCKATK

That's good to hear it's much better than it was pre 2.1. I still enjoyed the game back at launch (I played it way too much over those 3~ months), but I got pretty tired of the end-game grind and quit. Plus, my Coils group hit a brick wall on Turn 5 and people stopped showing up regularly which was always frustrating. That's one thing I always hated about the end game of MMOs - there's too much damn waiting for other people! lol

Hmm, your description of their being "a lot more to grind on now" doesn't really seem that appealing. I used to enjoy grinding in MMOs, but I think I just got tired of it after FFXI and WoW (played both for years). Maybe I'm just done with MMOs despite loving the idea of them.

I guess a better way to put what he said is you have a lot more options to use your time effectively. Every patch they make efforts to help people catch up so if with an effective use of your time you could get your item level up to raid level rather quickly if that is what interested you. What comes next would be beating the fights so you can move onto the current level or raiding.

dramatis

Is there any guides on reddit or something that quickly shows where all the newer stuff is?
Reposting...
uidrpd2.jpg

Tabris

Man, so much fun. We went into T10 blind. The mechanics are enjoyable and it progresses difficulty nicely. Lots of auto-wipe enrages (arena getting smaller, prey buff on boss, dps timer adding buffs), but a good kind.

Got it to end of Phase 2 (51%)

So before I gorge myself on Second Coil farms, what high allagan pieces are really good for Warriors?

And does anyone have a level 50 ninja yet?

Onemic

took the plunge and got the game. is there anything that's changed between a realm reborn and the original? what makes Final Fantasy 14 different than all the other wow clones.(I guess wow too as I'm so tired of that games sameness as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom