• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Save for questionable implementation I'm not sure how Hunts are being abused. It sounds like some people are being dicks about it for sure, but beyond that, unless this "people are using parsers to find Hunts" is true (no clue if it is or not) someone getting to a Hunt faster or not waiting for people doesn't sound like any sort of abuse/exploitation of the game.

I've heard people saying this before. I don't know how a chat log parser is going to see mob spawns. Packet sniffer? Sure. But I doubt those exist in this game. They were big in FFXI.

Jayhawk

Positives from the hunt system are that it increased the number of active players, and they have players dispersed around the different zones instead of just idling in their housing areas, Mor Dhona, and North Shroud.

WolvenOne

I've heard people saying this before. I don't know how a chat log parser is going to see mob spawns. Packet sniffer? Sure. But I doubt those exist in this game. They were big in FFXI.

From what I've heard, they've been confirmed to exist, for this game. <_<;;

Jayhawk

Most people that use ACT have it setup to read directly from memory, so it's not at the same level of a typical log file parser. I haven't personally tinkered with looking at the memory ACT reads directly in the memory, but mobs in the general vicinity can probably be determined.

WolvenOne

Ahh, no one I know uses them then.

Well from what I've heard, they only offer a slight advantage. Players still have to be reasonably close to the NM, though apparently not so close that it'd actually appear on their screen. So it basically just widens out their search radius.

Edit: If I had to guess, there are probably more comprehensive exploits out there somewhere as well. I mean, if people can figure out how to walk through walls, and cheat their way through Turn 8....

Only thing preventing us from seeing it more often is probably the amount of players. If somebody did something too obvious during a hunt, they'd be reported by a dozen people.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Most people that use ACT have it setup to read directly from memory, so it's not at the same level of a typical log file parser. I haven't personally tinkered with looking at the memory ACT reads directly in the memory, but mobs in the general vicinity can probably be determined.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the range at which the game requests mob data from the server is actually not that much bigger than visible area around you. Radaring helps, but not a whole lot, you still can't just sit in one place and see the whole map.

Jayhawk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the range at which the game requests mob data from the server is actually not that much bigger than visible area around you. Radaring helps, but not a whole lot, you still can't just sit in one place and see the whole map.

The range may not be the whole map, but some people already have trouble seeing hunt mobs in plain sight. Radar-type assistance means people don't have to worry about which direction they're looking at too. All these people have to do is ride on their chocobo and make rough laps around the map without having to look closely at hidden corners, etc.

I think the range for what you request from the server is about the same as the map circles you see from a guildleve. At the max request distance, you can see the mob/chest but the name won't show up/become legible until you get closer.

draw4wild

My idea is to scratch the current daily/weekly quests they have now. Make 3 dailys of kill any B rank hunt-10 seal, any A rank hunt-20 seals, and any S rank hunt-30 seals.....60 seals a day, 420 a week 2 weeks for a sand. No other reward from killing them. And make it so they can't drop logs. One person is lucky and gets a log that's worth 100 days of dailes atm

supergiz

ilv 70 gear gives .015 to .25 now at dlv 85 it's more like .10

You know all that junk Darklight accessories in Brayflox HM... I've been converting all of it, no one wants it. lol

Also I desynthesized the same Rose Gold Bracelets 8x, it kept converting to the Rose Gold Ingot... then in the end it turned into a Battlecraft Demimateria III :)

For every Materia you attach to an item it raises the desynthesis success rate by 5%

I'm carpenter. There is no ilvl 70 stuff I am grind dungeons for other than the darklight bow which rarely drops.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yeesh was in the ICU for 4 days >.>, missed 2.3 launch lol

Reading up on the info, crazy stuff and them mixing things up, but most of the content looks it will be kneecapped in a few weeks/maybe a month+, then the wait cause the carnival wore out the players all over again

Tabris

Anyone else get a sand already from hunts?

I'm back to work, so won't have as much time. Just wanted to go crazy on it incase it's nerfed which I think it will be.

EDIT - Looks like next update / maintenance is planned for tonight / tomorrow morning. So if it will be nerfed, now's the time.

orion434

Yeesh was in the ICU for 4 days >.>, missed 2.3 launch lol

Reading up on the info, crazy stuff and them mixing things up, but most of the content looks it will be kneecapped in a few weeks/maybe a month+, then the wait cause the carnival wore out the players all over again

You ok? Everyday I was expecting you to pass by the Gridinia MB :)

Crafted Augmented Armor #3. What the hell kind of myth tomes do the Hunts give out? I passed by a GAF Hunt ambush, some bear looking thing, I blew it a kiss before it was taken down in less than 5 seconds. lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success

I'm back to work, so won't have as much time. Just wanted to go crazy on it incase it's nerfed which I think it will be.

EDIT - Looks like next update / maintenance is planned for tonight / tomorrow morning. So if it will be nerfed, now's the time.

Yeah, I got one pinch of sands.
It's not like I'm beating T9 any time soon.

WolvenOne

Not necessarily, yesterday was the day it became obvious just how generous the Hunt system was. Even if they have made the decision to nerf it, they likely would not have had the time to program out an appropriate adjustment.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
While not lvl 50 yet, it's been interesting watch people hunt Naul while I'm doing story quests. If that's what hunts are going to be, they don't seem terribly fun or special. The creatures spawn fairly regularly and get zerged down hard. The whole thing seems like a brain dead way to farm seals.

Lanrutcon

Yeah...not so much. Been hunting all night, killed 1 B and 1 A because people simply are stealth killing.

I'll see one of the armor pieces in a few months time at this rate, so why even bother.

once again, you don't need to know anything about this game or your class. it's good enough to get into a fate party and run with the mob. tag a hunt or wack him twice for possible best in slot armor. SE, why are you even wasting your time balancing class mechanics? we don't need any of that.

coil2 is the new glamour dungeon.

i had a 15 sec. wait time in expert roulette tonight. that's new.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
once again, you don't need to know anything about this game or your class. it's good enough to get into a fate party and run with the mob. tag a hunt or wack him twice for possible best in slot armor. SE, why are you even wasting your time balancing class mechanics? we don't need any of that.

The best part is that these people running in packs will have the most hilariously outrageous demands for people joining their raids, and be all like, "Get gud!" So glad I'm in the GAF FC and can avoid this nonsense.

MogCakes

First boss of CT2 is nonsense. Complete chaos with the fire and ice going around. My party wiped twice during that fight because both our healers got frozen/killed.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
First boss of CT2 is nonsense. Complete chaos with the fire and ice going around. My party wiped twice during that fight because both our healers got frozen/killed.

It's only chaos because people aren't executing the mechanics. Just like every other battle in this game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Did anyone else not get the Thwack-a-Mole quest to show up from the moogle carrier?

I finished these up last night. They worked fine for me.
You do need to finish all his previous delivery quests to get the pet one to show up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I ran Brayflox HM/Halatali HM/Lost City for the first time this week. This was my reaction to seeing mats drop:

misc-are-you-fucking-kidding-me-clean-l1.png

Why do you care so much what gear other people have?

iammeiam

I ran Brayflox HM/Halatali HM/Lost City for the first time this week. This was my reaction to seeing mats drop:

It was sort of annoying in those, but feels like it got worse in Hullbreaker/Tam Tara HM/Stone Vigil HM. I'd leave almost every dungeon with something (often more than one thing) I could turn into GC seals; now I think I've averaged one piece of gear per three runs of the new dungeons, and most of the people I've run with have gone without gear too.

Replace crafting mats in expert dungeons with sands, oils, and UATs. Problem solved!

Squalltdx

Quick question. Back when the thread for the Defenders of Eorzea update trailer was posted there was a mention of a "Welcome Back" weekend being teased for 7/11 - 7/14. I'm wondering was that confirmed because I can't seem to find any new info about it.

I love how people think it's the end of the world cause people are running around doing hunts. Calm down people are still gonna do Coil or whatever raids and dungeons are out there. All this stuff is gonna die down eventually.

Ken

Well, oils in the case of CT but still... people can basically grind out one sand or oil a day and that really makes the lock out on CT and coil for those look like a joke.

Exactly. They felt it necessary to keep sands out of CT2 (and we thought oils were out at CT2 launch too) for a little while, while putting a weekly lockout on oils, and yet opened up the floodgate for sands and oils via hunts at the same time. Seems really inconsistent to me.

CT2 was oils-only so far, I thought? If it drops sands too I'm not going to worry about hunting at all.

The part where I see some consistency is that the base item for sands still requires the UAT which is on weekly CT2/Coil 2 lockout or sold jewelry which is capped. So Sands/Oils can flow like wine because the base items that make them actually useful are still all behind lockouts/caps.

It'd probably make the most sense if they just yanked oils from the CT2 loot table entirely, or moved them to the non-lockout chest with the minion.

IIRC a preview said CT2 would drop UAT, oils, and sands, but they would slowly add each item in over time. For whatever reason both oils and UAT showed up on day 1 CT2 so eh. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom