• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

No one is going run dungeons anymore if Hunts stay as they are. If they nerf Hunts then maybe.

Was going to go back and add this to my post (I'm at work), but yeah, as it stands now, it will continue to go unnoticed if the current trend continues; to bring it full circle because the chests are still dropping fucking crafting mats instead of the new gear most players would rather have and benefit new players (as an alternative to grinding out CT loot and "welfare gear") anyway that makes it discouraging to even do the dungeons. Because you can't have enough cooking sherry and filtered water.

What the fuck Yoshi.

Teknoman

First boss of CT2 is nonsense. Complete chaos with the fire and ice going around. My party wiped twice during that fight because both our healers got frozen/killed.

Its pretty straightforward once you learn mechanics. Fire melts ice, water dulls flare, etc. etc.

aceface

I love how people think it's the end of the world cause people are running around doing hunts. Calm down people are still gonna do Coil or whatever raids and dungeons are out there. All this stuff is gonna die down eventually.

As long as the best gear is obtainable through hunts people aren't going to stop doing them anytime soon.

Azrael

No one is going run dungeons anymore if Hunts stay as they are. If they nerf Hunts then maybe.

Not everyone who plays this game are min maxers looking to maximize the rewards they get for their time. There will be many players who would rather do a 4-man dungeon than zerg hunt mobs and will queue up even if they don't progress as quickly in the game.

I'm finally level 50.
Been putting off doing the praetorium because in the dungeon just before I kept getting left behind because I was the only guy watching the cutscenes. When I did catch up all we did was fire cannons at stuff so no biggy but I felt useless.
Spent most of today chasing Naul around for these hunts but I've killed him twice now and neither time counted so I think I'm just not getting enough damage in during the 2 seconds it takes for him to die.

Gonna do praetorium tomorrow and spend the weekend fighting Ifrit over and over again, as that seems to be the done thing. Want to get ilvl80 soon so I can do frontlines without being a complete liability.

EDIT: I also noticed that the companions menu now shows my chocobos colour (yellow, obviously). Does this mean we can change their colour now or is it just hinting to the future? I haven't been in these threads much since I took a break from the game for about a month before I fought Titan so I'm kind of out of the loop.

theta11

Because again, it's apple and pear. Regardless how nerfed Twintania was, you still need to clear T5 to move on and to farm the drops, which means you have to learn the mechanics of the encounter. Right now, any player can get their hands on sands/oils and thus i110 items without having even stepped into coil (one or two). They can completely bypass the so called endgame encounters by simply farming hunts (and to a lesser extent CT2). So no, your comparison is not remotely the same. We all know contents will get easier, but this is a little too much.

I don't get your point. When the game launched you could get i90 gear without stepping foot into coil. When 2.1 came around they made it even easier by increasing the weekly limit speeding the process up. This time they took a more tiered approach. You still have to farm the soldiery to get the item that needs to be upgraded but it's basically the same thing over again. The unique reward for coil comes only from the weapon from clearing the entire thing. When the game was launched even that was not in effect.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
EDIT: I also noticed that the companions menu now shows my chocobos colour (yellow, obviously). Does this mean we can change their colour now or is it just hinting to the future? I haven't been in these threads much since I took a break from the game for about a month before I fought Titan so I'm kind of out of the loop.

We'll eventually be able to dye our chocobos. 2.35 or 2.38 I think.

I just hope Yoshi and team continue to add more story and unique music to the dungeons.
I doubt that they are gonna do it but I kinda hope that they can go back and make full versions of past dungeon music. Halatali and Pharos Sirius deserved full versions of their dungeons

WolvenOne

I wouldn't mind if they kept Coke, Potash, Animal Fat, and Peacock oil, if they would just drop Minimum, Sherry, Filtered Water, and whetstone.

These later items just don't have any value, and it's not worth keeping them around if its gonna muddy up the loot tables.

Besides, taking these items out of dungeons would at least increase Thier market value a bit.

Ran into a couple of groups today via the Trials Duty Roulette, and some asked for a kick when they realized there weren't any new people to leech tomes off of. I initiated a Titan HM pull while they were debating to vote abandon or not (which they can't without waiting 15 minutes anyway), and despite the party consisting of folks with clear experience, they managed to fail; of course, nobody was even trying because there was no bonus--about ten minutes were wasted on the sloppiest Titan HM I've ever seen, when we could've been done and walked away with at least 15 tomes. While I'm happy veterans are more receptive to new players, it also brings to stark relief that they are more "tolerated for selfish benefits" than "welcome out of selflessness". Whenever someone new piped up and asked for help, everyone stayed silent until I was the only one to bother explaining the fight. Heck, almost every person rolled need on a Primal weapon even though they clearly had something better; I saw a fresh 50 Scholar flatout denied a Garuda book by another Scholar with iLvl100 gear. I can only imagine they're doing that for desynthesis. I know people have sparse free time and helping someone usually coincides with self-interest (e.g. I need this low-level dungeon for an Atma book, so I'll come along), but with each subsequent patch, it feels like those among the upper crust have forgotten that helping others catch up is a good thing in the long run. I enjoyed the new content in 2.3, but if things don't change soon, I think this patch will be perceived as having an overall negative effect on the community.

That said, I don't want to cast a wide net and assume everyone is a selfish person. I know dying to things like Titan Extreme or Turn 5 are a headache while newbies gain hands-on experience; and, to some extent, I agree new players should learn to take their lumps like those that came before. However, I would like to remind people in here that there's a Welcome Back Campaign this weekend, and you should do your best to help someone even if there's nothing in it for you other than a "Thank you".

I wouldn't mind if they kept Coke, Potash, Animal Fat, and Peacock oil, if they would just drop Minimum, Sherry, Filtered Water, and whetstone.

These later items just don't have any value, and it's not worth keeping them around if its gonna muddy up the loot tables.

Besides, taking these items out of dungeons would at least increase Thier market value a bit.

Actually whetstone is up to like 8k gil on ultros so dont throw them out!

I had a similar experience today doing Cutter's Cry to pick up some kills for my hunting log.
I'd never done the dungeon before and I don't think the other DPS or the tank had either but the healer clearly decided he wanted to speed run the dungeon or something and as soon as we had beaten myrmidon princess he took off running through the next two areas and sealed himself off in the room with the next boss.
I told the other guys I needed to kill some cactuars for my hunting log so we did that (the tank died a couple of times, no healer) while we waited for the healer to eventually let himself die to the boss so we could all go and fight it.
Throughout the whole dungeon he never said a word.
Weirdest dungeon run I've done so far.

I know a lot of people are waiting for the patch tomorrow to fix the Frontline queue, but for those doing it now how are you liking it? I kind of want to do it more this weekend, it's just finding time for it while still keeping up with my dailies, Novus progression, finishing leveling my remaining classes/jobs, and static raids.

I know a lot of people are waiting for the patch tomorrow to fix the Frontline queue, but for those doing it now how are you liking it? I kind of want to do it more this weekend, it's just finding time for it while still keeping up with my dailies, Novus progression, finishing leveling my remaining classes/jobs, and static raids.

I absolutely love it. Once the patch hits, I'll probably be doing that a fair amount this weekend while watching Evo.

So far, I'm liking Paladin and Bard for my PvP classes of choice. For the former, it's having a stun tied to the GCD and not a longer recast timer; the latter because it's so easy to DoT everyone up and run away. Oh, and Silence moves for those two classes are extremely satisfying to land on a Scholar trying to Lustrate while running away.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yes! I finally have my collection of why petrify!
bvrKAqS.jpg

WolvenOne

Similar boat, but add, "not spending every waking moment at a computer," to that list. I mean between work and play I easily could, so at least a few nights a week I have to force myself to do something different.

I absolutely love it. Once the patch hits, I'll probably be doing that a fair amount this weekend while watching Evo.

So far, I'm liking Paladin and Bard for my PvP classes of choice. For the former, it's having a stun tied to the GCD and not a longer recast timer; the latter because it's so easy to DoT everyone up and run away. Oh, and Silence moves for those two classes are extremely satisfying to land on a Scholar trying to Lustrate while running away.
I'm going the replenish and also sell wind shards route during evo

ReaperXL7

So I decided after reaching ilvl 100 on PLD I would switch it up a bit and try something else. I chose to go with Summoner as my secondary job and while I am enjoying ACN I am really not enjoying low level THM...it's going to be quite a grind getting it to 26 for swift cast.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I kinda need some info about the GAF guild on Ultros.

I'm being told that GAF are camping at hunt locations and not calling em out on LS? I'm just confused in general, whats our general stance on this anyway?

I dunno, the LS I am in is fairly dead, but in general GAFers have been pretty good with not pulling early or anything like that. There are a LOT of us though, so it probably makes it seem like we are taking everyone's hunts. I DO wish the LS would be a little more active. I called mine out as soon as I got there. Then again, there may be multiple LSes.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, the LS I am in is fairly dead, but in general GAFers have been pretty good with not pulling early or anything like that. There are a LOT of us though, so it probably makes it seem like we are taking everyone's hunts. I DO wish the LS would be a little more active. I called mine out as soon as I got there. Then again, there may be multiple LSes.

Yeah, that's the problem. A buddy of mine is complaining that GAF is doing that, and he's pissed. So right now, I'm just trying to figure out if its just a small group doing it. I'm having a hard enough time convincing my friends GAF isn't full of asshats, so this isn't helping any.

iammeiam

Hey, I kinda need some info about the GAF guild on Ultros.

I'm being told that GAF are camping at hunt locations and not calling em out on LS? I'm just confused in general, whats our general stance on this anyway?

It's impossible for there to be an official GAF FC stance since not everyone is on a LS, and those who are aren't all on the same one from what I've seen on FC chat. If you're solo, calling it out in FC chat and waiting (where it gets relayed back to one of the LS's) winds up being to your detriment since without a party if you don't get the tag you'll probably end up with reduced rewards.

There's just a crapload of GAF people acting independently, hunts are terribly designed as cooperative events (not enough HP for everyone to feel confident in getting max-rank at a slow pace) and any time anyone misses a kill they're going to want somebody to blame. GAF, being a large FC without a babysitting central leadership (not in a bad way--we just don't have anybody trying to dictate how we have to play, so a lot of the FC does it's own thing, which is nice IMO), is gonna draw hate.

It's silly drama.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've only seen it happen once in all the hunts I've done.

Exacerbating the problem are people in the FC joking around and shouting in chat "dammit GAF". Most of the time we wait and some free company pulls it. Also we don't camp hunts, since apperently that is impossible at the moment. We are all just running around on different maps and sharing what we find.

Kadmus

Neo Member
Hey Guys! Beowulf from FC here. I have not got to introduce myself on here yet so here we go.

I would like to thank some of the friendly members of the FC. Great bunch of guys.

I never been to "end game " in any other mmo before, but is this elitism douchyness part of it.there is alot of people that seem to just get on to do dailies or something just to get it done and go play something else and are really irate if you dont know it all already. ( I don't like watching youtube of a dungeon i am about to do. ) .the joys of Duty roulette I guess.

I am on satellite internet, meaning I will always have constant lag, so there is some things I can not do. I can not do titan extreme, I tried mesmerizing the time between attacks to move ahead of the attack. but i still end up looking like a fool. ( 4 secondish between skills.)

Till the Sea Swallows all!

So how do melee, specifically monks do on Turn 7 compared to range? I'm still getting used to this melee thing at endgame and tend to lose my stacks quite a bit. I figure i can tidy that up once i get more used to the fights.

So how do melee, specifically monks do on Turn 7 compared to range? I'm still getting used to this melee thing at endgame and tend to lose my stacks quite a bit. I figure i can tidy that up once i get more used to the fights.

only time you should lose stacks is if you have shriek (1% chance of keeping them) and maybe melee adds. otherwise you should never lose stacks. I did 270 on our last kill, take that as you will since I'm ass

Only issue is that you shouldn't be relying on trying to get positionals since she turns for fireballs and the floor rings don't make it easy

chrono01

BLM drop in T9... again. Thanks, game.
I know last week I predicted us getting another BLM staff this week. Never have I been so disheartened to have been right. :/

Oh well, at least it wasn't completely wasted. Even still, no more duplicates...please! Anything but that.

Makoto's revenge?
Probably.

My anger/frustration at earlier turn BLM gear dropping might somehow be influencing the weapon chest in T9. To cause further frustration, we don't even see any of the other T9 caster gear [well, at least not yet]. However, Bookey got his pants tonight, so I consider that a win.

Wow. Hopefully that doesn't happen to us...
It's in the making already... O_O

It's kind of funny, the only friend I've made so far is a dragoon I've ran into a few times by chance.

We don't even talk, just through emotes and helping eachother kill main quest mobs.

ReaperXL7

I don't even know why people would choose to do hunts over dungeons tbh. The rewards for them are pretty paltry unless you are able to get into the fight first or close to first. Dungeons are a lot more fun imo and you'll always get good rewards from them if only from myth and soldiery.

The only reason I would personally bother with hunts is to get the the maelstrom hunt gear because it's awesome, but with how few seals you get that won't happen anytime soon.

They should lower the soldiery, and maybe the myth, and guarantee that if you participate in the hunt you get the max amount of seals for that Mark.

As it stands running to a hunt target for 1-2 seals is worthless. It sucks because it was the feature I was most excited for, but as it stands it's too disorganized imo.

It would be cool if the put some A and S class hunts in random spots within the dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom