• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris-013

I'm just starting my Atma farm. Is is pure RNG and is the Japanese farm theory debunked or does it work a bit?

muhz4Sg.gif

Tabris

People who pull early are just hurting themselves in the long run by breeding this atmosphere.

Sure, that Rank B dies too quick if you wait too long and you only get 1 or 3 allied seals. So instead you pull early and you get the full 5. Great. But then someone else pulls too early on an A or S rank and you only get 12 or 15 or you miss it entirely when you could have got 20 or 50 by them just waiting for a designated time.

I wonder how JP servers / other servers are doing it. Seems we have a bad crowd on Ultros.

In our FC there is a close knit group of players that aren't sharing hunt info with the rest anymore. So yeah, it's all about the ME now.

Let the hate flow. I can take it ultros.

Taruranto

People seems to start using ET/Server time for A and S hunt. Of course there is always that one dude "WAIT FOR MY FRIENDS WHO IS DOING A QUEST CAN'T AND JUST CAN'T COME" but overall works pretty well.

Hasney

In our FC there is a close knit group of players that aren't sharing hunt info with the rest anymore. So yeah, it's all about the ME now.

Ahahaha, this is brilliant. I hope they never change it as the soap opera/spectator sport element is tremendous.

iammeiam

I wonder how JP servers / other servers are doing it. Seems we have a bad crowd on Ultros.

Remarkably, players farming casual content and flipping out at casuals who don't play by hardcore rules is apparently a disaster on many servers. It just makes no sense for somebody who doesn't want to grind hunts to abide by the grinding rules, since the grinding rules are designed to max reward specifically for the grinding people, and that's not an Ultros-specific conflict.

Wilsongt

Remarkably, players farming casual content and flipping out at casuals who don't play by hardcore rules is apparently a disaster on many servers. It just makes no sense for somebody who doesn't want to grind hunts to abide by the grinding rules, since the grinding rules are designed to max reward specifically for the grinding people, and that's not an Ultros-specific conflict.

Sarg people are pretty okay. Except for MrHappy, but yeah. I haven't run into any innately nasty people on Sarg except PF, but that's a given anywhere.

But, the last day or so all of the hunt LS have been dead quiet. No one wants to tell anyone else when a hunt pops anymore. SE really, really needs to address this and fix it. Make them more difficult, because as soon as a mark pops they melt within a minute.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sarg people are pretty okay. Except for MrHappy, but yeah. I haven't run into any innately nasty people on Sarg except PF, but that's a given anywhere.

But, the last day or so all of the hunt LS have been dead quiet. No one wants to tell anyone else when a hunt pops anymore. SE really, really needs to address this and fix it. Make them more difficult, because as soon as a mark pops they melt within a minute.

What are they supposed to fix? What you're asking for is basically to turn them into FATEs. Which they probably should by now because that is the only thing people are really suggesting. If people want to farm them like mad, SE seems perfectly fine with that. People are gaining myth and seals at a crazy rate as it is. If people are assholes about all this, they were assholes from the get go.

What do you mean by the bolded btw?

Isn't that working like it was supposed to in the first place? The whole calling everyone on the server for every hunt was the stuff that needed fixing. The marks were clearly not designed for everyone to zerg on, since they die instantly. They were meant to be hunted in parties and maaaybe shouting for help for S ranks. This whole waiting till everyone gets there to maximize rewards is the stuff they would have had to fix, but doesn't seem to be an issue anymore and that's fine. Otherwise the rewards were just too good compared to the rest of the content.

Zomba13

Just fought Odin for the first time, I was there for the whole fight and didn't die but I only got a bronze. I guess you have to be in a party to get gold? The only one on party finder had an ilvl90 requirement so I couldn't join it.
I want that chocobo barding.

When odin/behemoth are up, if there isn't anyone in the FC going just shout and you'll get an invite.

Wilsongt

What are they supposed to fix? What you're asking for is basically to turn them into FATEs. Which they probably should by now because that is the only thing people are really suggesting. If people want to farm them like mad, SE seems perfectly fine with that. People are gaining myth and seals at a crazy rate as it is. If people are assholes about all this, they were assholes from the get go.

What do you mean by the bolded btw?

They should add some challenge, at least. B and A rank marks are soloable and really simple. Those should perhaps be beefed up a bit.

Also, isn't there an issue now with an app that allows for people to see hunts when they pop as opposed to finding them by chance as their roaming about? Thats a disadvantage to those who don't use one of those programs.

Finally, the MrHappy in his tutorial vidoes isn't the MrHappy you seem streaming or even running around on the server. He's a bit of a dick. Watch his stream every now and then and you'll see what I mean.

omlet

Isn't that like the point? They're supposed to encourage small groups to go explore the open world and hop on opportunity when they find it, instead of sitting in town/Mor Dohna or having FATE tunnel vision all day.

creid

But, the last day or so all of the hunt LS have been dead quiet. No one wants to tell anyone else when a hunt pops anymore.
I think this is more because all the S's are dead and aren't repopping yet, and there are a lot more hunters out there which means less finds by people in your LS. I ran around for hours last night and got maybe 25 seals out of it.

Wilsongt

I think this is more because all the S's are dead and aren't repopping yet, and there are a lot more hunters out there which means less finds by people in your LS. I ran around for hours last night and got maybe 25 seals out of it.

I've managed to find one hunt on my own and there was only one person there when it started, then a whole mess of people showed up.

Then one appeared that was announced and I was there for it. It died within 10 seconds.

I maintain that coil should have gone the CT style lockout route - especially when you consider the amount of repeat drops and lack of drops people get weekly even in statics. I think my group specifically has seen 6 healer chests, 5 pairs of tanks boots, 4 tank belts... etc already. Would have been more worthwhile to allow us to run it endlessly but only have one lot per week.

*high fives Kags*

I've been saying this ever since CT came out. It seems like Yoshi is so concerned with making sure FCs can't sell Coil runs that he's squandering away a perfect solution to the lockout concerns (and a lot of people consider them a concern, for several reasons).

Sophia

*high fives Kags*

I've been saying this ever since CT came out. It seems like Yoshi is so concerned with making sure FCs can't sell Coil runs that he's squandering away a perfect solution to the lockout concerns (and a lot of people consider them a concern, for several reasons).

Full lockouts in this era of MMOs trying to get people into endgame stuff has always been a dumb idea. :\

I'd rather see people selling runs than being locked out from helping friends, myself.

Also, isn't there an issue now with an app that allows for people to see hunts when they pop as opposed to finding them by chance as their roaming about? Thats a disadvantage to those who don't use one of those programs.

Yes and no. I saw some discussion about using it on BG and you can only scan what is in viewing range. Still an advantage but can't see across the zone or anything.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

If you aren't asking to be put in a hunting party or asking to be put in a linkshell, you should be.

Know better for next time, don't become a selfish hateful player.

WolvenOne

The 1300 could be better spent on soldiery armor for your Dragoon; it's kind of a no-brainer that 2 i100 armor pieces plus Thunderbolt is better than an unweathered Liberator alone. Don't forget to grab a i100 DRG piece from CT2 too. I mean, my argument is basically for you to go grab free i100 gear the game is handing out to you so?!

I'm farming out an ilvl100 CT piece this week already, and I already have High Allagan DRG legs, and most the accessories worth having. So if I get the CT2 chest this week, CT2 pants next week, and the Soldiery Spear, I'll be fairly well off all things considered.

Additionally we're going to try to farm up some Ramuh rings as well, the DPS ring is pretty good.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Jerks are in all communities.

I'm shocked.

I'm just playing the game! Nothing hateful about it.

Right now the system is fucked up by the HP Pools not scaling, but the hunts work much better if you coordinate with each other.

I just don't want the server to foster a "I got mines" attitude.

Jayhawk

The guildworks plugin allowing you to see shouts across the different zones paired with FFXIV-App's Radar plugin really screws up the Hunt system.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The guildworks plugin allowing you to see shouts across the different zones paired with FFXIV-App's Radar plugin really screws up the Hunt system.

Frankly it's cheating and should probably be reported if someone sees it being freely talked about.

Jayhawk

Frankly it's cheating and should probably be reported if someone sees it being freely talked about.

More people need to use the non-cheating ways of Natasha Stalkhawk where you find other hunting party leaders and check which zones they're at.

supergiz

Grr can't login from remote play right now. Says something about not being logged into psn even though I am. Weird..

So did they Nerf hunts?

orion434

The market is really weird. I've made a LOT of money with a simple HQ item I bought around 80 pieces for a little over 100 each of the MB. I've been selling packs of 3 for 2000 each everyday with both retainers for ages as no one else seems to have it. Then yesterday someone else put up like 60 pieces for around 150. Just minutes before I had sold my 3 units, so I was getting ready to put them again and I noticed the new offer. I quickly bought them all and resumed my strategy. It kept selling almost immediately. In 2 sales I've already made a profit. It's insane.

The GC crafting materials are through the roof as well. Good thing I saved them. Have to recoup my investment in a room in the FC.

The market on wind shards totally crashed. From 200 they were down to around 85 on Ultros. Still more than the ~75 before the patch, but a lot less exciting.

I tested the market board myself yesterday, needed a Clear Glass Lens, looked it up online, then went to the Goldsmith Guild and bought 1 from the vendor for like 5 gil. I bought a few extra and listed each one for 500 and they sold. I guess it would cover Teleportation costs.

I am now just 1x Fieldcraft Demimateria III away from y first new Tool :)

chrono01

Good thing we have three new dungeons to go through now.
As a bonus, all three are great. It's a shame so many are ignoring them in-favor of hunts. :/

As much as I would like more Sands of Time [to further upgrade my gear], I really don't feel like jumping into the toxic pool known as Elite Hunts. Perhaps if Square-Enix fixes it, where it more positively welcomes larger groups. Until then, I will avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom