• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Hunts shouldn't drop soldiery on top of seals and myth. Maybe let them drop myth and seals but no more soldiery. Give people an incentive to run dungeons again, since they undermined their own efforts to do so.

And please, enough with these bloody chests full of x-ethers and such

YES. Why not put the crafting mats into those chests and leave the boss ones to have the loot?

Hasney

Random Frontlines question though, is the glamour not working in it or disabled for some reason? I was wearing my uggo i90 trash.

Zomba13

Random Frontlines question though, is the glamour not working in it or disabled for some reason? I was wearing my uggo i90 trash.

Glamour is disabled so as to show your true gear. If they showed Glamour you could hide your gear, like make it look worse than it is to trick people.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Glamour is disabled so as to show your true gear. If they showed Glamour you could hide your gear, like make it look worse than it is to trick people.

I would just run around in a subligar tbh.

To be fair, if you don't have ilvl 80 gear or even gear synced down to 80 in frontlines, chances are you probably shouldn't be in frontlines. The glamour restriction is one thing with wolves den since you wouldn't be able to see if someone is wearing pvp gear or not, but in frontlines it's really pointless since everyone should have roughly the same ilvl gear and you can see what class everyone is.

When you run to an area and you're fighting 8+ people there, if you focus too much on what gear someone is wearing then you're already worthless, class titles is all you need to be able to tell who should be focused. I'm honestly 50/50 on whether or not all glamours should work in frontlines, however I do think pvp gear needs to be allowed atleast so it actually has some use again, because atm if you wear that sweet looking r40 gear that you spent forever to get, chances are you want to be able to wear it in the content you got it from without being gimped on stats since morale doesn't convert to anything in frontlines.

I'm very late to the party with this but yeah, atma fate grinding sucks huge balls. 2 hours in Central Shroud with nothing to show for it.

My proposed fixes for hunts:

-Change nothing
-Learn to deal with it

Seriously, people getting really mad over the very first thing in this game that wasn't just given to everyone, that you have a chance at losing your opportunity to do. I for one love seeing random non fate targeted mobs wandering the world instead of just the standard stuff everywhere. If anything I think they should double or triple the amount of Hunt mobs.

In a few months when people don't care about sand anymore and you are struggling to get a group together to take down an S class I'll still be enjoying the flavor they add to the small gameworld. Until then try not to be dicks. Get in parties to do hunts and if you are there in force never be the first one to pull, you will get your credit. Just about all the other changes people are proposing are either just to deal with the shit that's happening now, or would straight up make the hunts worse in the long run.

Teknoman

-Change nothing
-Learn to deal with it

Seriously, people getting really mad over the very first thing in this game that wasn't just given to everyone, that you have a chance at losing your opportunity to do. I for one love seeing random non fate targeted mobs wandering the world instead of just the standard stuff everywhere. If anything I think they should double or triple the amount of Hunt mobs.

In a few months when people don't care about sand anymore and you are struggling to get a group together to take down an S class I'll still be enjoying the flavor they add to the small gameworld. Until then try not to be dicks. Get in parties to do hunts and if you are there in force never be the first one to pull, you will get your credit. Just about all the other changes people are proposing are either just to deal with the shit that's happening now, or would straight up make the hunts worse in the long run.

Doubling/tripling would be nice.

Zomba13

My Hunt fixes:

Keep them to yourself
Solo the Bs if you can
Only involve GAF members an don't tell people about the hunt.
For added benefit (insults in /shout) shout the location as being halfway across the map from where it actually is.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My Hunt fixes:

Keep them to yourself
Solo the Bs if you can
Only involve GAF members an don't tell people about the hunt.
For added benefit (insults in /shout) shout the location as being halfway across the map from where it actually is.

This will only breed more trolling of the same kind.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
My Hunt Fixes:

• Ban Hunt participation in GAF.
  • Users caught participating in Hunts will be fined 500k Gil every time they're caught.
  • Getting caught more than three times will result in being forced to wear (not glamour) a Sugarloaf Hat for a week.

Tabris

The FC I'm in is working harmoniously around hunts :)

EDIT - Nicer answer: Just need to work as a group, not individuals, and you'll be fine. Sometimes it sucks losing some seals because you wait for everyone to roll up, but in the end you benefit as a group.

MechaX

Oh man, the hunts are getting a little too serious.

FC infighting, other FCs literally making false alarms just to blame another FC for pulling first, etc.

It is just amazing that they added a mechanic that seemed to bring out the most toxic aspects of an online community so quickly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oh man, the hunts are getting a little too serious.

FC infighting, other FCs literally making false alarms just to blame another FC for pulling first, etc.

It is just amazing that they added a mechanic that seemed to bring out the most toxic aspects of an online community so quickly

This is very easy to do. Make a contested limited resource. Make the resource incredibly valuable. See the tears flow in.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Honestly I havent really seen any crazy outbursts (especially not as much as back in FFXI during the Stars of Destiny days), but maybe its because I havent used mumble much?

1. Log on to mumble.
2. Post random <pos> in FC chat
3. Say nothing
4. ???

It really is getting ridiculous with Hunts. I thought it was gonna be one of the best parts of the patch and it's turning out to be one of the worst parts of the entire game due to what it's doing to the community and our FC.

People do need to chill the hell out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, I random return, and I see something is tearing the FC apart. Interesting.

I remember hunts existing, but never got into one, and now they've added something more to that system?

Front lines wha???

Teknoman

It really is getting ridiculous with Hunts. I thought it was gonna be one of the best parts of the patch and it's turning out to be one of the worst parts of the entire game due to what it's doing to the community and our FC.

People do need to chill the hell out.

Amen. Its not even that bad honestly. I'm just gonna resign to doing normal marks and the rest of the game stuff for now, unless I randomly come across an elite / someone in the FC says something or invites me on a hunt.

Hey, I random return, and I see something is tearing the FC apart. Interesting.

I remember hunts existing, but never got into one, and now they've added something more to that system?

Front lines wha???

You gotta give Sycrus Tower a shot (the actual Crystal Tower).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heh, found out that I never set it up for reoccuring account, which is good. I'll throw in another month and see if I can get hooked again.

Teknoman

heh, found out that I never set it up for reoccuring account, which is good. I'll throw in another month and see if I can get hooked again.

In that case, done worry about hunts for now, do some of the new dungeons, Sycrus Tower, Frontlines pvp, and story stuff. Imo of course.

BadRNG

Honestly I havent really seen any crazy outbursts (especially not as much as back in FFXI during the Stars of Destiny days), but maybe its because I havent used mumble much?
Same here, I have seen a single person get really pissy(not to mention paranoid) in FC chat but everyone else has been pretty cooperative. There's a general cloud of negativity over the system in general but then the system is awful so who can blame them. I've never seen any GAFer behave like some of the people in hunting LS/shout channels though, or come even close. People are losing their damn minds. Now we've got "professional" trolls coming in threatening to pull/reset mobs unless you pay them, fake coordinates all over the place, and people using third party software to further screw everything up.

SE needs to start doing public test servers on major new features like this. They have proven they are incapable of predicting what the playerbase will actually do in any scenario. It can be seen in every patch, this is just the biggest misfire they have yet.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Same here, I have seen a single person get really pissy(not to mention paranoid) in FC chat but everyone else has been pretty cooperative. There's a general cloud of negativity over the system in general but then the system is awful so who can blame them. I've never seen any GAFer behave like some of the people in hunting LS/shout channels though, or come even close. People are losing their damn minds. Now we've got "professional" trolls coming in threatening to pull/reset mobs unless you pay them, fake coordinates all over the place, and people using third party software to further screw everything up.

SE needs to start doing public test servers on major new features like this. They have proven they are incapable of predicting what the playerbase will actually do in any scenario. It can be seen in every patch, this is just the biggest misfire they have yet.

This is exactly why I am not going to do hunts anymore unless they drastically overhaul the system. Isn't worth the time or stress.

Haly

Ladies and gents, I present to you Immortal Flames Ultros.

ibkCQgNCabJ6oh.png

iXh4vo0ramxrW.png

Ladies and gents, I present to you Immortal Flames Ultros.

ibkCQgNCabJ6oh.png

iXh4vo0ramxrW.png

That's actually not just Ultros, it's our datacenter since pvp is also combined for queues. However ya that's pretty bad, have yet to see anything nearly that bad in the 20 or so games I've played now from Gridania. But ya, hunts definitely weren't the only thing that was hit when it comes to shit people.

dcye

-Change nothing
-Learn to deal with it

Yep. This is it.

I got one sand for my Rosenbogen from hunts, I'm slowly working towards another for my Tabard. I'm mainly doing it this way due to the way loot rules are in my static, in that everyone can roll on a sand and if you get one, you have to pass until everyone has one. Even if I get one I'll have to wait 7 weeks at minimum to get another, if we don't down T9 in that time.

I figure that I can ease the burden on my group by doing this in my down time (which is server dead time) and enjoy content with less people on the server.

Whether or not you think its bad content, you're all creating the toxic atmosphere for yourselves. Even the people against it in this thread are just as much a part of the problem. Have a good look at yourselves. Just ignore it and play what you enjoy, the only people who've commented consistently about hunta with any semblance of sanity since the patch are WolvenOne and Ken. Scary thought that.

I honestly have spent little time on Hunts but getting people together to try and down Ex Ramuh has been futile as of late.

Just wish augmenting some of this armor didn't require 3 star crafts and such.

Haly

I tried frontlines and we won as Immortal Flames.

I'm 5/5/5 for Immortal Flames this week.It's not that we don't win but some of the people on Primal are just...

BLCKATK

Frontlines is pretty incredible. Switched to Flames, got together with some others in FC, and we just ruin as Alliance B. It's really great.

I had fun with hunts in the beginning the but the increase in popularity and all the toxic behavior that has begun has definitely taken some of the fun out of it. But it is absolutely a blast to be an aggressive scouter and find shit before others, and then you are the one calling the Calvary in (or your FC for that matter). I welcome any changes they make to the system, besides a cap (I don't think it would solve anything), but since there are so many people complaining I'm sure some sort of change will be implemented.

I just love that Hunts let me take my progression into my own hands. Now when I'm not raiding I can still be working on my endgame character and progression. That makes me enjoy the system and I'm glad there is something like it in the game. I definitely grew tired of being roadblocked on bard waiting for coil drops or my turn for UAT or Sands. Now I can go as hard as I want too and get the reward out it.

WolvenOne

Also, Hunts really don't seem that melodrama ridden, at least within the Gaf FC. There are a couple people pulling pranks, but that is relatively rare, and is being actively discouraged.

Early pulls are frustrating, but it's really hard to coordinate a large number of players like that, and stuff happens. More often than not, it's people outside the FC pulling, and some players are such notorious early pullers that people will attack when they see them approaching.

Again I can understand why people would be frustrated by that, but, you've got to take it with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom