• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgefusion

Ugh, I'm really getting sick of the whole Coil loot RNG at this point. I spent most of Coil 1 barely getting any loot and now it's been a repeat performance with Coil 2. So far I've got 1 drop after multiple weeks of clearing T6 and T7 and am sat at i99, meanwhile our bards and blm are getting absolutely loaded up on i110 gear. There has to be a better way than this surely? A fairer way? By and large the only reason to clear Coil is for the loot, if week in week out I get jack **** then what's the point?

Blah. Maybe I'm just getting burnt out on the whole raid grind. Banging your head against a new turn can get pretty unpleasant eventually, especially when you randomly have huge hang-ups on turns you've previously had no problem with. When you never even get a reward for your time it just starts to make you think if you should pack it in and spend the time on something more enjoyable instead.

Anyone notice how that new hairstyle for cats tends to clip through outfits? Doesn't matter anyway, it reminds me of a female mullet, aka super ugly.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If only they would remove that stupid Bahamut Coil lockout...

The lockout exists to stop people from gearing up super fast and burning through the content before the next patch arrives... although they screwed that up with sands/oils so easily available in the hunts now.

Nohar

The lockout exists to stop people from gearing up super fast... although they screwed that up with sands/oils so easily available in the hunts now.

Coil is still very difficult. If they are so worried that people are gearing up too fast, they can just put a weekly limitation like in Syrius Tower. I take issues with them arbitrarily blocking content.
In the end, it's still a blatant way to slown down player progression and keep them on the game (and, this way, keep the monthly fees coming).

Though, well, it seems that the hunts changed the balance. It may be interesting to see how they will act.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For what it's worth, I've won more games than I've lost. So we're not doing too badly. Almost all my games are 1st or 3rd place tho.

Maybe it's the Twelve taking pity on our stupidity and giving us wins.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Coil is still very difficult. If they are so worried that people are gearing up too fast, they can just put a weekly limitation like in Syrius Tower. I take issues with them arbitrarily blocking content.
In the end, it's still a blatant way to slown down player progression and keep them on the game (and, this way, keep the monthly fees coming).

Though, well, it seems that the hunts changed the balance. It may be interesting to see how they will act.

Well yes, the basic idea SE has here is they want you to play as long as possible.

Remove the lockout and have 1 piece of loot a week that's the only answer.

i don't know why people keep suggesting this. you would be able to learn the fights every day without the lockouts and gear up in just a few weeks. SE doesn't have the time/content to stem this.

edgefusion

They don't need to allow you to get loot faster just fairer. So the black mage isn't dealing almost equal damage to the Monk because loot drops have been so massively skewed in favour of casters (Again. We had this same problem in Coil 1). I'm not spending hours of my time participating in Coil so someone else can get a super tricked out character.

Just some kind of balancing. Maybe Coil could remember that it just gave you that headpiece three weeks in a row and maybe you want something different now.

Sorian

Banned
The lockout exists to stop people from gearing up super fast and burning through the content before the next patch arrives... although they screwed that up with sands/oils so easily available in the hunts now.

Maybe realize that this is the intention with odd numbered patches?

chrono01

They don't need to allow you to get loot faster just fairer. So the black mage isn't dealing almost equal damage to the Monk because loot drops have been so massively skewed in favour of casters (Again. We had this same problem in Coil 1). I'm not spending hours of my time participating in Coil so someone else can get a super tricked out character.

Just some kind of balancing. Maybe Coil could remember that it just gave you that headpiece three weeks in a row and maybe you want something different now.
If only I had this problem.

iiKVszk7dyRUj.gif

Still, gear is continuing to drop for my other party members so it's not a total loss, although not at the rate I would like. We get far too many duplicate items, it's ridiculous. It'd be nice if the game somehow used an RNG system that either prioritized loot for the members in the raid [so we would get fewer loot for classes not currently being played] and/or lessened the possibility of duplicate drops based on what they're wearing. That might be a bit too difficult to implement, though. How many weeks have we seen two belts...TWO belts...drop? I have lost count.

As I said once before, every Tuesday is like Christmas morning for me. I stumble down the stairs, fall to my knees, and excitedly open all of the presents. I pull at the ribbon and watch as the wrapping slowly unfolds. What's inside, you ask? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. However, I don't stay depressed for long since "Christmas" will come again in another seven days. And the process repeats itself.

[This doesn't apply to the T9 and the High Allagan weapon where, against all odds, we managed to get two in a span of two weeks. The only weapon we've yet to see, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it again next week. I hope it doesn't come to this. O_O]

dcye

lol maybe by 2.4 you'll make a post that isn't whinging about everyone else being able to get sands and oils. Here's hoping.

Ken

Ugh, I'm really getting sick of the whole Coil loot RNG at this point. I spent most of Coil 1 barely getting any loot and now it's been a repeat performance with Coil 2. So far I've got 1 drop after multiple weeks of clearing T6 and T7 and am sat at i99, meanwhile our bards and blm are getting absolutely loaded up on i110 gear. There has to be a better way than this surely? A fairer way? By and large the only reason to clear Coil is for the loot, if week in week out I get jack **** then what's the point?

Blah. Maybe I'm just getting burnt out on the whole raid grind. Banging your head against a new turn can get pretty unpleasant eventually, especially when you randomly have huge hang-ups on turns you've previously had no problem with. When you never even get a reward for your time it just starts to make you think if you should pack it in and spend the time on something more enjoyable instead.

If only my bard was so grossly i110.

;_;

WolvenOne

Given the sheer number of drops in Coil, adding a third chest during odd numbered patched would probably be one of the better ways to mitigate the repeat drops issue.

I mean, you'd still very repeats of course, but the chance that all items would be low value repeats would go down considerably.

That said, I can understand why they would be reluctant to do this. It would indeed allow groups to gear up more quickly, depending on thier luck with RNG. Between alt classes and the fact that gear only helps so much, I personally don't think it'd impact things that much, but still, I can understand the reluctance.

Besides, my sentiment is probably heavily motivated by the lack of tank loot dropping. Seriously, we've been running second Coil since, late April I think, and only one tank body piece has dropped, the legs.

It's getting a bit silly.

Teknoman

What ilevel was Coil 1 gear? Im hoping to get some GAF people (maybe others that havent run through it yet + experts) together to give that a shot again either tonight or tomorrow.

Tabris

Besides, my sentiment is probably heavily motivated by the lack of tank loot dropping. Seriously, we've been running second Coil since, late April I think, and only one tank body piece has dropped, the legs.

Feet. You always confuse the two body parts :)

It's kind of sad, 8 weeks of Coil drops (5 weeks of T6, 8 weeks of T6 + T7) and I geared myself better in last 2 days than that entire time. Tanks and Monks have had bad RNG in our group.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Given the sheer number of drops in Coil, adding a third chest during odd numbered patched would probably be one of the better ways to mitigate the repeat drops issue.

I mean, you'd still very repeats of course, but the chance that all items would be low value repeats would go down considerably.

That said, I can understand why they would be reluctant to do this. It would indeed allow groups to gear up more quickly, depending on thier luck with RNG. Between alt classes and the fact that gear only helps so much, I personally don't think it'd impact things that much, but still, I can understand the reluctance.

It's getting a bit silly.

Just wait until ninja, then the chests will be even more packed!

Sorian

Banned
Feet. You always confuse the two body parts :)

It's kind of sad, 8 weeks of Coil drops (5 weeks of T6, 8 weeks of T6 + T7) and I geared myself better in last 2 days than that entire time. Tanks and Monks have had bad RNG in our group.

Dat healer loot.

WolvenOne

Just wait until ninja, then the chests will be even more packed!

The issue is going to get worse with each class they add really. No matter how many pieces are shared between classes, there's always going to be a few unique pieces, so the loot tables will get bigger and bigger. I mean, they could already make DRG and MNK user the same pieces if they wanted. They don't, because they want each class to have a unique look.

So, yeah I hope eventually they do something to mitigate these sorts of problems eventually. I know RNG is always going to be a factor, and I'm fine with that, at least until a certain point.

Sorian

Banned
Tokens to buy loot that only drop in coil or similar content is the obvious choice, of course. Let's see when they realize it.

WolvenOne

Tokens to buy loot that only drop in coil or similar content is the obvious choice, of course. Let's see when they realize it.

You mean like the UAT? Except it can be used for Coil Gear as well as the Soldiery/Whatever weapon?

Yeah, that'd work, just keep the option to buy that gear locked off until that player has cleared the appropriate turn.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You mean like the UAT? Except it can be used for Coil Gear as well as the Soldiery/Whatever weapon?

Yeah, that'd work, just keep the option to buy that gear locked off until that player has cleared the appropriate turn.

Basically something like... do coil, get tokens, spend tokens on gear. Or something. Other MMOs have done it.

Ken

GW2 did a token system. It wasn't bad but it did take a lot of runs before you got a piece of gear which is to be expected of such a system. On the bright side you could run the end game dungeons over and over without limit (or just spam pre-patch Citadel of Flames speed runs lol).

Mairu

Ramuh EX is pretty tough. Levels of coordination needed might actually put it above Titan, I'm not joking. Titan is personal awareness, Ramuh is entirely team coordination, which is Coil stuff.
I really enjoy the fight because of this outside of the ridiculously awful phase transitions you can get yourself into

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What the hell did GAF do?
Hunts speaking of course

I still haven't touched any content since 2.28, anyone have a place where I can see on how to do 2.28 and onward
I saw a spreadsheet where you pick up the quests,forgot to save it

Wanna see what these hunts are and try the next CT part

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
What the hell did GAF do?
Hunts speaking of course

I still haven't touched any content since 2.28, anyone have a place where I can see on how to do 2.28 and onward
I saw a spreadsheet where you pick up the quests,forgot to save it

Wanna see what these hunts are and try the next CT part
We haven't done anything, but there's a lot of us running around hunting due to the sheer size of the FC so when people get late to a hunt all they see is a big group sharing the GAF tag so naturally we're getting blamed for everything. Most early pulls are getting blamed on the GAF boogey man even when we show up late. There's also people shouting fake coordinates and when the horde gets there "GAF already killed it". We've even found marks, shouted them for others to get there, had some random face pull it, and then go ahead and blame GAF for it.

This came out when the prepatch notes went up so I'm not sure how accurate it is:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom