• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a sand from hunting today but 0/10 will not participate again. toxic ass community

what do you get for doing hunts?

sands of time

se should have just thrown it in circus tower imo.

- Rewards
Both regular and elite bills list a bounty for their indicated marks. This bounty will be paid in full once the marks have been slain. Allied Seals received from the Hunt can be exchanged for exclusive wares by speaking with the Hunt Billmaster at your Grand Company. Rewards include weapons, armor, minions, sands of time, oil of time, and alexandrite.

menacegif.gif

Except they do drop in Syrcus Tower. And soon enough, unidentified Allagan tomestones.

sands don't drop in crystal tower(yet). the only thing that drops are oils and uat which i won the other day. both chest opened and i couldn't tell if it was the free 24 man roll chest or the weekly lockout chest. it was the latter, oops lol

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
As broken as hunts evidently are, I'm enjoying them so much. I haven't seen any freakouts in the FC yet, and I love the sense camraderie in our LS with people arranging scouts and posting coords.

It's exciting every time I'm charging alongside a dozen or more other FC members, the anticipation for the attack to start - even better if I find one myself.

I've never once felt angry enough to become as vile as so many of the people in /shout get over this (who mainly blame GAF for everything).

As a fresh level 50, it's been tremendously valuable for me. I've filled up my i90 equipment in a couple of days, which has let me finally take part in content the rest of GAF actually wants to do, like the incredible Tam Tara HM.

It does desperately need fixing, but even in it's current state I really appreciate the vibrancy and activity it's added to the world.

Ahhh, I keep getting the two mixed up.

Hullbreaker Island makes me wish we could get another dungeon like it but in a forest setting instead.

Sophia

Warrior Tank in Stone Vigil hard mode still wearing Artifact gear for head and chest piece....

*headdesks*

That was painful and agonizing to heal.

In regards to the hunt I gues it seems Naul spawns whenever the Svara fate's up. If this is the case then maybe the Hunt Scholars aren't as useless as it seems

Clipse

Looked up the contents of the boss chests from the new dungeons. Loot table has 19 freakin' items (8 armor and 11 mats). Wtf was Yoshida thinking?

kiryogi

Banned
Man am I glad that Adamantoise's data center isn't like this. Immortal Flames usually end up being awesome. o_O

Aethers Flames isn't bad, but man Storm dominates :D Adders is a joke though. I had matches last night against them where they were 700pts and Storm/Flames were like 1300 neck to neck. From what I noticed, Balmung being the PVP server, are very Storm centric.

scosher

To me, the solution to fix hunts is simple. Just nerf the gains you get from hunting without the bill, and increase the bill rewards. Something along the lines of:

B rank: 5 myth, 0 soldiery, 1 seal
A rank: 10 myth, 3 soldiery, 3 seals
S rank: 50 myth, 10 soldiery, 25 seals

And make elite mark bills give like 100 seals. No seal caps, no removing sands as a reward. Just change the amount of seals returned so you are encouraged to do bills over roaming the world for marks (except for S ranks which should still be sought after), and so that it's not more rewarding than doing duty roulette, etc. for tomestones.

draw4wild

I think part of my problem with GAF and hunts is since the ls is full (or so I'm told everytime I ask) I literally just can't participate with them in hunts since we don't mention it in FC. Since I dont have a static in GAF, this went from something I could finally participate with GAF to another thing I do can't do with them

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
To me, the solution to fix hunts is simple. Just nerf the gains you get from hunting without the bill, and increase the bill rewards. Something along the lines of:

B rank: 5 myth, 0 soldiery, 1 seal
A rank: 10 myth, 3 soldiery, 3 seals
S rank: 50 myth, 10 soldiery, 25 seals

And make elite mark bills give like 100 seals. No seal caps, no removing sands as a reward. Just change the amount of seals returned so you are encouraged to do bills over roaming the world for marks (except for S ranks which should still be sought after), and so that it's not more rewarding than doing duty roulette, etc. for tomestones.

Bills are still one per week though, maybe on the first day people will be looking for their bills, but for the next 6 days they'll be grinding hunts anyway.

iammeiam

Bills are still one per week though, maybe on the first day people will be looking for their bills, but for the next 6 days they'll be grinding hunts anyway.

Best solution (if you don't care about keeping sands/oils special) is just sticking the things on a myth vendor for like 1.5/2k a piece, I think. Keep them as something you can get through hunting, if that's fun for you, but don't have people making hunts the center of their world. Just pls no more weekly caps.

Wazzy

Banned
That sounds like a firewall or blocking issue to me. Have you got anything like Peerblock running? If you do, disable it and if not, try disabling your firewall briefly to see if it works.
I installed Norton so I assuemed it was that but I uninstalled it and I'm still having issues with the launcher. I'll try my firewall when I get home from work. Thanks for the suggestion!!
You can try this (from the SE forum):

I tried this and the notepad was blank. :S

Thanks, though!

Nohar

Welp. Well, I guess I'll wait until the dust settles before even contemplating the idea of coming back. The atmosphere seems to be toxic because of these hunts.

dcye

Welp. Well, I guess I'll wait until the dust settles before even contemplating the idea of coming back. The atmosphere seems to be toxic because of these hunts.

Its nowhere near as bad as some of the bullshit melodrama in here would have you believe. If you don't do hunts or don't participate in a hunt linkshell, you'll never see or hear a peep about any of it.

Wilsongt

You ultros people really know drama. We on DOT have drama, but we don't air it so publically.

Also, I have shouts off to avoid hunt drama and I just focus on other things. It's not that cereal.

Sophia

It's not. The drama is basically non-existent on Adamantoise, for example. Just stay away from hunts and all is well.

Nohar

I guess it varies depending on the server and the FC. Still, I'm curious to see if SE will hotfix the hunts or not.

Wilsongt

Agreed. I haven't even touched hunts. I just don't care for them right now.

I've only done 2 hunts. One popped right on top of me and the other I saw via a linkshell an ran to. Other than that, I still rather do my roulettes for my myth and sol...

WolvenOne

Gonna recruit some folks for Tam Tara HM speed runs later. It'll be a bit of a learning experience, since I've only ran the dungeon a few times, and haven't really speed ran it before. However as close as I am to getting my Novus 100 Myth for 15 minutes work is too hard to pass up. I'll be looking to recruit some high level GAFers later on for this.

Besides, drops man. I wanna see what the new armor looks like on me. XD

Isaccard

Gonna recruit some folks for Tam Tara HM speed runs later. It'll be a bit of a learning experience, since I've only ran the dungeon a few times, and haven't really speed ran it before. However as close as I am to getting my Novus 100 Myth for 15 minutes work is too hard to pass up. I'll be looking to recruit some high level GAFers later on for this.

Besides, drops man. I wanna see what the new armor looks like on me. XD

I hope you like cooking sherry and animal fat

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ramuh EX is pretty tough. Levels of coordination needed might actually put it above Titan, I'm not joking. Titan is personal awareness, Ramuh is entirely team coordination, which is Coil stuff.

Sophia

Oh my god.

We were slightly ahead of Maelstrom in the Frontlines match, then the idiots on the Flame Outpost abandoned it when the score was like 1540 to 1535. So the Maelstrom capped it, got ahead, and won. :(

WolvenOne

Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Hunts is that I can't really do them on my own time. The B and A spawns are rare enough that I can't just pick a time between Roulette or CT and go out and look for them.

Nope, to do it at all effectively you've got to team up, search everywhere, put tons of time into it, etc. There are times when I live that sort of thing, but there are other times when I need to step back and do things at my own pace.

Haly

Flames just aren't very bright. Should change our name to Immortal Flamers.

Mature

Sounds like you just have poor luck. The flames have always burned brightly for me, save a few instances, which I expect from anything involving random players.

Isaccard

Ride or die Ul'dah/Flames 4 lyfe

Edit: People are probably buying the old tome mats probably because they aren't doing (enough) content that rewards GC seals but dungeons was the worst place to put them.

Kagari you should really grill Yoshida about that shit next time you see him

Haly

Sounds like you just have poor luck. The flames have always burned brightly for me, save a few instances, which I expect from anything involving random players.

Might be because I play in US primetime, which is absolutely the worst time to play any online game.
At least we don't try to be pretend pirates. B)

Laugh at their LARPing all you want but they have their shit together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom