• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one in Lamia?

I am level 26. Everything on this last page looks like Chinese to me, like we are playing two different games. I guess I still have a ways to go.

that scarlet letter fc tag

I hunted all night last night and I must have gotten 5 tells from random people telling me I should quit my FC or that it must suck being in such a terrible FC etc.

Fortunately all of the dicks who randomly shout about GAF all day are asleep in the wee hours and so I was able to hunt freely the entire night without being openly harassed for having my guild tag. During the day, people will see the groups of GAF coming and pull Hunt marks right away to prevent Gaffers from getting credit, which makes the problems with early pulls on our server even worse.

Sophia

lol so many cheaters in plain sight.

ffxiv_07122014_2109102yurc.jpg

Yup. This is hilarious. XD

iammeiam

Who are the hated figureheads of GAF, hunt-wise? It seems like most servers hate on the FC leaders of the FCs 'ruining' hunts, but that doesn't really work for GAF.

I did have somebody follow me around a little today while trying to locate a treasure map in Southern Than, I guess hoping I'd lead them to something. Dat GAF tag.

Sorian

Banned
You mean like the UAT? Except it can be used for Coil Gear as well as the Soldiery/Whatever weapon?

Yeah, that'd work, just keep the option to buy that gear locked off until that player has cleared the appropriate turn.

No not something people roll on. Something you get automatically. So like myth but only drops from coil.

Who are the hated figureheads of GAF, hunt-wise? It seems like most servers hate on the FC leaders of the FCs 'ruining' hunts, but that doesn't really work for GAF.

I did have somebody follow me around a little today while trying to locate a treasure map in Southern Than, I guess hoping I'd lead them to something. Dat GAF tag.

Bookey Oyama

Sophia

Just did it on Balmung. I'm chilling out in Behemoth's Domain with Naul the chocobo.

Got one so far. Walked right up to me so I /waved.

Ahahahahahaha

I just timed it with the Svara FATE event. The moment I spawned it at least two people went "Naul up?"

These are the most blatant cheaters ever. XD

Now shout chat is buzzing, wondering where Naul is.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I just timed it with the Svara FATE event. The moment I spawned it at least two people went "Naul up?"

These are the most blatant cheaters ever. XD

Now shout chat is buzzing, wondering where Naul is.

Thats why I chose Behemoth's domain. No one is going to just randomly go there for no reason.

Up to 4 now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Gonna rename my Choco to Naul and then AFK in Coerthas when I go AFK.

Tabris

Being the largest FC.

NA is at 400+, often roll in 4-5+ hunting parties, and not getting this hate. You did have a lot of people pulling early when you weren't as organized. Just natural having such a large FC. Our leader was telling everyone don't pull early, wait until the shouted time, right off the bat. While it took GAF much longer to organize, so some weren't playing by the server etiquette (which is now gone) and it got noticed multiple times. Then turned into the joke.

Now it's just members from FC's like CL pulling early then shouting "Darn GAF" as a server joke / deflection.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NA is at 400+, often roll in 4-5+ hunting parties, and not getting this hate. You did have a lot of people pulling early when you weren't as organized. Just natural having such a large FC. Our leader was telling everyone don't pull early, wait until the shouted time, right off the bat. While it took GAF much longer to organize, so some weren't playing by the server etiquette (which is now gone).

I only ever saw a GAF person pull early once.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Most people on Ultros probably don't realize that GAF is just a forum Guild, and is a lot less tightly knit that most other types of Guilds, so when they see some of our disparate members acting out of line, they just assume we're all like that, whereas other FCs probably do a better job of reining their members.

Tabris

I'm so glad I got in on that 2nd patch day. Hunting is decent but not amazing anymore. It takes a while to grind now. Especially when some hunting LS' (lots of CL members) are using the camp zones with the radar app method. I doubt any of us are using them as we often roll out everyone in single zones running around and taking a while to find A's and B's now.

I got my 2 BiS sands items for PLD. The rest of sands would be used for my alts.

Most people on Ultros probably don't realize that GAF is just a forum Guild, and is a lot less tightly knit that most other types of Guilds, so when they see some of our disparate members acting out of line, they just assume we're all like that, whereas other FCs probably do a better job of reining their members.

Yeah, I tried to explain to the people who sent me rude tells last night that we have over 500+ people in our FC and why don't you try to police 500+ people 24/7 first before you get all pissy at seeing my guild tag. Most of the 5 or so people I chatted with last night did end up accepting my explanation but then a couple of them were like why do you stay in this FC then and accept the stigma of this guild tag and at that point I was like fuck it, done talking I have hunting to do.

Zomba13

I only ever saw a GAF person pull early once.

Same though I've only been to like 6 or so hunts. There was one where I accidentally aggroed one (dunno the rank, it was the zombie like person one in south than) and that was because I was doing beast tribe dailies and an AoE got him. When I realised it was a hunt though I notified people for them to show up to share. In the other ones someone has always pulled early and most of the time it was CL.

Well listening on Teamspeak, GAF has earned quite the rep. Whether it's deserved or not...eh

Whatever, let's talk about how badly groups fail at Scylla.

WolvenOne

Hmm, we'll it should be fairly easy to patch out this cheat at least. Just create what amounts to an invisible, untargetable mob in each zone, with the NMs name. Then the software would read Marks as always being up.

I'm probably dramatically over simplifying this, of course.

Ken

Hmm, we'll it should be fairly easy to patch out this cheat at least. Just create what amounts to an invisible, untargetable mob in each zone, with the NMs name. Then the software would read Marks as always being up.

That's how they keep you in combat during T2.

Teknoman

Even if we werent pretty big, someone is always going to "pull early".

I mean whats the limit to waiting for others to show up for a hunt? I can understand waiting for people in your FC to show up, but shouting in the area...you cant really wait for everyone there to show up. And of course those people that hear the shout will tell people in their FC about it, and then you'll have to wait for them.

Maybe i'm just rambling at this point...

Ixian

Yeah that's not going to work. I can expound on why, but things like the Chocobo trick only work because the filtering isn't very sophisticated at the moment.

Tabris

That was the day I did it for several hours with the main GAF group and I find it hard to believe that.

Well I did it for 8hrs on that day.

I mean whats the limit to waiting for others to show up for a hunt?

Before GAF and CL members ruined it, the common etiquette was whichever group found it would announce in /sh a time for pull if it had become public, so other groups members could arrive. Then we would pull at that time. The time was based on eorzea time. It was actually really nice and civil in the beginning.

Sophia

Oh the hilarity. Here I was trolling with my fake Chocobo Naul and the real one spawned right in front of me.

Luckily, I was honest and gave everyone a chance to get it too. >_>;

Valor

Before GAF and CL members ruined it, the common etiquette was whichever group found it would announce in /sh a time for pull if it had become public, so other groups members could arrive. Then we would pull at that time. The time was based on eorzea time. It was actually really nice and civil in the beginning.
Girl why you so salty?

People were pulling early like day 2, man. It became a common practice. People just accuse whoever of doing it. Every hunting group I tag along with, we always wait for people to get there. But I mean, whatever fits the narrative, we're all evil hunters ruining this wonderful pasttime for the others.

WolvenOne

Well I did it for 8hrs on that day.

Tabris, GAF did not ruin this. I've seen so many blasted randoms pull that it's absurd. CL, yeah they'll run right upto mobs and attack them the moment they arrive, over and over, but I take place in the GAF hunts and we do try to hold them for awhile. Sometimes people accidentally get too close, more often some random passerby will attack, either way GAF isn't doing anything dramatically different than any other group.

Well, other than trolling people that're using cheat programs.

dramatis

Tabris, GAF did not ruin this. I've seen so many blasted randoms pull that it's absurd. CL, yeah they'll run right upto mobs and attack them the moment they arrive, over and over, but I take place in the GAF hunts and we do try to hold them for awhile. Sometimes people accidentally get too close, more often some random passerby will attack, either way GAF isn't doing anything dramatically different than any other group.
Don't bother reasoning with him. He's already decided he's in the right, that he's already accounted for the excellent behavior of 400+ people (of his FC), and also accounted for the terrible behavior of 600+ 'other' people (those other nasty FCs, including GAF).

In short, he's been trying really hard to convince GAF he is in a vastly superior FC, judging by his somewhat awkward posts trailing back since he left. Let him be.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Huh? I've been doing hunts most of the week and the first group that I noticed hogging everything was NA on day 2. No shouts in the linkshells or the zones, all I saw most of that day was NA spawn campers and a giant horde traveling from zone to zone without mentioning pull times and coordinates.

aceface

I don't think GAF ever really pulled early, no more than anyone else. People just started saying "lol fuck you GAF" as a joke every time and now people believe it.

I was at two S-ranks tonight where people were like "better hurry before GAF pulls" in shout. Then they pull. Meanwhile we have a couple of GAF parties that have been standing there for like 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom