• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Well I did it for 8hrs on that day.

Before GAF and CL members ruined it, the common etiquette was whichever group found it would announce in /sh a time for pull if it had become public, so other groups members could arrive. Then we would pull at that time. The time was based on eorzea time. It was actually really nice and civil in the beginning.

First and last advice.

Stop giving shit about GAF FC comparing with your "Flawless" new FC.

This tread is to discuss the game, not for this bullshit.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Just tried Dzemael Darkhold for the first time (I was tanking). Some of the pulls in there are pretty tough, especially getting mobs safely away from the crystals when I have trigger happy DPS, and all the patrols. Thankfully now that I've been there once I can anticipate them, but going in not knowing those things made for some hairy situations. XD

Xux

I really liked the Mail Delivery quests. I'd love to see a handful of those every patch.

The riddle thing is really neat, too, even if I am totally clueless as to how I should solve my next one. I could just strong arm it since the key is list of gems and jewelry to mix and match but I wanna know the method. :(

iammeiam

I really liked the Mail Delivery quests. I'd love to see a handful of those every patch.

The riddle thing is really neat, too, even if I am totally clueless as to how I should solve my next one. I could just strong arm it since the key is list of gems and jewelry to mix and match but I wanna know the method. :(

That one was bullshit, and I used this official forum thread to basically cheat. It's pretty good about tiered hints to avoid spoilers.

keep those cheater screens coming. this is hilarious.

i hope they all get banned.

The twist is
people in gaf use it too
. Everything else that addon gives is honestly something that should have been in the game off the bat, but something that lets you track the mobs in a zone? getting to a really slippery slope there.

Also yes I know of the WoW addon that they've had for years that does the same thing and I used it for many a rare/mount hunt, doesn't take away from the fact that it's something that pushes the boundary of being fine and being ban worthy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What does Alt+R do? I bound it to something else.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I can't handle the epic beard, I'm out got more hunts to do

To kill Ramuh EX you need this:

Kairui-Professional-Electric-Hair-Clipper-Trimmer-Beard-Shaver-Haircut-Machine-Salon-Barber-Razor-Rechargeable-Washable.jpg

draw4wild

I made it to the two S rank hunts tonight before the pull in a full group and both times got 30 seals. Most of my group was even alive for that last 25% for the one in la Noscea. These would be so much less broken if 1 dmg gave you full credit.

Sioen

Lmao what happened to this thread, hunts really ruined everything for our server eh?
Good thing I don't do the hunts cause damn..

draw4wild

Not sure if serious.

Completely.......for SE to add something to encourage you to work with other people, and then penalize you as more people participate is bad design. For me to be at a hunt in a full group and still not get full credit is ridiculous and why people don't want to wait for more people to show up

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I demand sexy desynth recipes for male Miqos.

TheMink

Im at my wits end with Squares account system. I have been locked out of my account for no reason and i cant change my password because i apparently dont know my birthday. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? I tried emailing but was met with "got nothing for ya" and was told to chat or something but i cant find chat support in the support pages.

I dont want to just abandon my account because of my character for one thing, but im also Legacy so i want to get it back.

Haaaaalp :(

Noi

Man, despite how Hunts have been received, I'm glad they exist. I have every job at 50, but have been incredibly lazy about gearing them up cause I hate grinding for Myth. Casual hunting with a party for a few days has led to me outfitting BLM, SMN, and half of WHM in full i90 gear, so I can actually give them a whirl in some endgame content.

All I want is for SE to make A and S marks a bit more bulky considering the sheer amount of people that zerg them. I don't think many would complain if S ranks had Odin/Behemoth-level HP.

Mesharey

I made it to the two S rank hunts tonight before the pull in a full group and both times got 30 seals. Most of my group was even alive for that last 25% for the one in la Noscea. These would be so much less broken if 1 dmg gave you full credit.
How do you find or know it's a hunt thing and S rank? :/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I can't BELIEVE Square Enix got me to level up Fisher ahead of Miner and Weaver against the plan.
Gotta work for them pareos.

How do you find or know it's a hunt thing and S rank? :/

They're all unique Lv50 top aggression mobs and we have a list of names from Hunter Scholar NPCs which are located in the camps.

WolvenOne

Got my first sands tonight, and applied it to the armor I care about the most, Noct Lorica. Going to be a lot harder to dedicate myself to additional sands on my Tank just yet, since I'm not certain what pieces I'm planning to keep around long term. Yes, I'm going to upgrade them all eventually. XD

In the short term, everything goes into Alexandrite now. I'm getting this grind done tomorrow.

pf activity has been dead since 2.3 started

they need to open ramuh extreme for duty finder.

not gonna create a learning party that fills up after 2 hours of waiting only for someone to abruptly rage quit on the 2nd wipe causing a chain reaction and my time spent waiting for an 8/8 goes down the drain,

WolvenOne

MOG EM was the same way. Unfortunately the reward of another ivl100 ring or weapon just isn't enough to motivate players as much this time. Not when you can get Ilvl100 weapons far more easily, by using Soldiery Tomes and UATs from CT2.

Now, if they were 110 rings and 105 weapons, people would be on that fight like white on rice.

As is, the very good teams will farm it for alt class weapons and rings for a few weeks, and most other players will more or less ignore it, until they need to clear it for some reason. Again, MOG EM was the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom