• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

The hunts can be fun even with the frustration -- you really need to concede a hotbar spot to your mount, because if not you won't get there in time even if you get moving the instant someone posts the coordinates. I myself got into perhaps 5 of about 15-20 that I tried for, and then there were many where the "dead" announcement came before I could even hit the teleport button.

Hanging around in one zone and working on other quests, figuring that you'll notify your LS when you see something, ended up being worthless because the hunt monsters just don't show up that often.

It feels like dungeons are still a more efficient way of getting tomestones. Only these days with the hunts taking over everything, nobody is signing up for Duty Finder anymore.

I like the idea a previous poster had, in which hunts are more FFXII-like and leve-like, visible only to the party that's going after them. At least do something about the rewards so that there's an incentive to let as many people in the area get one contribution in.

dramatis

Im at my wits end with Squares account system. I have been locked out of my account for no reason and i cant change my password because i apparently dont know my birthday. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? I tried emailing but was met with "got nothing for ya" and was told to chat or something but i cant find chat support in the support pages.

I dont want to just abandon my account because of my character for one thing, but im also Legacy so i want to get it back.

Haaaaalp :(
Did you get it fixed by now?

If not, you can visit this site to see if they have your problem listed somewhere, if not you can use "Contact Us" link to get someplace where you can have text chat with support.

Congrats.

MechaX

No one wants to do Ramuh. gg Square.

I admit that I'm part of the problem right now for that.

I mean, I could try to do something that allegedly requires more coordination than Titan Ex for vanity weapons/decent accessory, or I can do something that can get me Welfare Sands of Time that will help T9 progress instead.

Yeah, unlike Leviathan, Ramuh's going to be on the backburner right now.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I want it

4HCrSXv.jpg

TheMink

Did you get it fixed by now?

If not, you can visit this site to see if they have your problem listed somewhere, if not you can use "Contact Us" link to get someplace where you can have text chat with support.

Congrats.

I havent fixed it yet, i think i need to do it mid week. Very frustrating.
Problem is im working nights right now so hitting the 9:00-5:00 midweek only timing is dificult.

Locked out of my account until then. Already have been locked out for such a long time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wheres the cheapest place to get this on PC?

And does it include free 30 days?

It was on the Steam Summer Sale but now it's back to $25.

And yes, digital editions (which tend to be cheaper) usually come with the free month.

Dunan

Atma question: is there something you have to do, aside from getting your Relic weapon from Gerolt's forge, to make it possible to get Atma pieces from FATEs? And do you have to use your L50 job and Relic weapon during these FATEs? Because I'd much rather run the FATEs with other jobs.

Looks like a really cool fight. I thought moogles were cute not violent...

We took that thing down to 1% the previous day, and the no-good furball used its insta-win attack on us and defeated us. Glad Tiduz finally got a win.

aceface

I think they should just put a couple of minute timer up after a mark spawns before you can start attacking it. Say like 3-4 minutes. THat would eliminate this pulling early stuff, everyone can just agree that when the timer is up, it's fair game.

I mean I think everyone agrees that what's best for everyone is waiting on the pull so people can assemble. The problem is people can't agree on how long to wait and there's always he chance of someone pulling early. square needs to set the rules by setting up some sort of timer.

I think they should just put a couple of minute timer up after a mark spawns before you can start attacking it. Say like 3-4 minutes. THat would eliminate this pulling early stuff, everyone can just agree that when the timer is up, it's fair game.

And then you still have people resseting the hate at their own convenience.

Veldin

It'd slow people down, sure, but that would just make them hunt B ranks more fanatically than before and worsen the playerbase situation.

I don't think there's any way to fix this without scrapping it and starting over.

Sophia

At the very least, a fundamental rethinking of the rewards gained will be needed. Daily hunts are too weak, and elite hunt need adjustment to account for the fact that large amounts of players will likely hunt them.

Elite Hunt lockout:

One S-rank each week

Two A-rank each week

B can be killed as many times each week

Do it SE, fix this

That's just... a bad suggestion.. It also sounds incredibly boring. Sure, the hunts have brought a lot of salt, but if you're a determined hunter, you can find many A and B ranks all on your own, as I have. The only thing S-E should do about this is give the hunts more HP and maybe some sort of buff based on how many people are around.

That's just... a bad suggestion.. It also sounds incredibly boring. Sure, the hunts have brought a lot of salt, but if you're a determined hunter, you can find many A and B ranks all on your own, as I have. The only thing S-E should do about this is give the hunts more HP and maybe some sort of buff based on how many people are around.

No you can't, and much less on your own, because hunts are dominated by a LS that absolutly tracks down every A and S hunt, making it inredibly hard not even reach them before die, but even getting full reward. And even if you reach them on time and start the fight at 100% HP, people resets the fight and their own convenience usually screwing your reward. Got 5 seals on a S hunt yesterday and I was there sooner than most people...

And B hunts are a waste of time.

Lot's of servers are plagued with this problem.

No you can't, and much less on your own, because hunts are dominated by a LS that absolutly tracks down every A and S hunt, making it inredibly hard not even reach them before die, but even getting full reward. And even if you reach them on time and start the fight at 100% HP, people resets the fight and their own convenience usually screwing your reward. Got 5 seals on a S hunt yesterday and I was there sooner than most people...

At least in the servers plagued with this problem.

Find a party. Go look around. You only need to land one or two hits to get full credit if you're in a full party.

Ixian

Stuff like this makes me think SE lacks foresight or is just hopelessly optimistic (or both). I work on an MMO and the first thing that goes through my mind whenever new content/reward structures are proposed is "That sounds nice in theory, but what happens when it's taken to its extreme via people who aim for optimal efficiency?"

Sophia

Stuff like this makes me think SE lacks foresight or is just hopelessly optimistic (or both). I work on an MMO and the first thing that goes through my mind whenever new content/reward structures are proposed is "That sounds nice in theory, but what happens when it's taken to its extreme via people who aim for optimal efficiency?"

I'm trying to recall where I read it, but the Hunt system was apparently a late edition to Patch 2.3. Kind of something they just wanted to try. Which explains the state it's in.

I think it was one of the Dengeki interviews? Either way, I'm sure we'll see improvements to it in 2.35.

Veldin

At best a weekly cap would slow down the allied seals a little. Massive crowds would still be swarming them all week though for mark log drops.

Nohar

For a minute I thought I was on a Sonic the Hedgehog topic, with people suddenly talking about Rouge the Bat... That was confusing, to say the least.

Edit: NINJA'D >_< (heh, I guess it's still relevant to the topic).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They need to ease the drop rate on those too.

Might make gear cost 100 000 seals and the sands cost a million while we're at it.
The problem here isn't how cheap stuff is but that people are forced to climb on each others' heads to get it.
That's the fundamental problem. I'm pretty sure dedicated players earning lots of rewards from this system was to some extent intentional.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Might make gear cost 100 000 seals and the sands cost a million while we're at it.
The problem here isn't how cheap stuff is but that people are forced to climb on each others' heads to get it.
That's the fundamental problem. I'm pretty sure dedicated players earning lots of rewards from this system was to some extent intentional.

The problem is people are doing hunts and nothing else. For hours on end. It's making doing other content difficult for other people.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Thinking about jumping back in. Quit a while back, shortly after getting my SMN relic weapon.

How much catching up am I going to have to do, and is the Sargatanas linkshell still active?

Atma question: is there something you have to do, aside from getting your Relic weapon from Gerolt's forge, to make it possible to get Atma pieces from FATEs? And do you have to use your L50 job and Relic weapon during these FATEs? Because I'd much rather run the FATEs with other jobs.

We took that thing down to 1% the previous day, and the no-good furball used its insta-win attack on us and defeated us. Glad Tiduz finally got a win.

You need to use a zenith weapon. Any zenith weapon. So you can't use a lower level job. You can use other jobs as long as you are using zenith.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Having finished my lvl 45 job quest and getting a bunch of AF gear, I'm excited to make that last push to 50. Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the week with AF chest piece and relic weapon in hand. I know they're not the most amazing stat-wise, but I like the look of them, and think they'll suit a pink cat girl WAR well. =p After that, it's off to gear up. I'm not going to take part in that hunting nonsense, though. I actually want to unlock all the dungeon thingies and try out all the fights as a lot of them look quite fun. Hopefully I can join some of the other GAF FC folk on runs soon. It would be fun to do stuff with y'all once I can contribute more. =D

draw4wild

The logs shouldn't drop at all. It's stupid someone can be lucky and get something worth hours of hunting. Make them a reward from doing all your dailes in a week or something or better yet, small chance from ex primals/ex dungeons

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The logs shouldn't drop at all. It's stupid someone can be lucky and get something worth hours of hunting. Make them a reward from doing all your dailes in a week or something or better yet, small chance from ex primals/ex dungeons

I agree with this. Gave some feedback to a friend at SE Japan so we'll see what comes of it.

iammeiam

Make sands/oils purchasable via myth and/or soldiery (I'd go myth and make it take 2K myth for sands so it'd wipe you out)

Remove myth/sold as hunt rewards or severely nerf to drops so it's no longer the best way to get myth.

I think this would decrease hunt mania a little, as the myth rewards from DF are pretty insane right now anyway, and it'd be guaranteed reward with less chance of missing out because somebody pulled early or whatever.

Just make it so whoever pulls the mob only that group gets any rewards. This way the whole server can still hate GAF and members within GAF can all hate each other too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom