• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

The problem is people are doing hunts and nothing else. For hours on end. It's making doing other content difficult for other people.

My poor BLM queued for nearly an hour for low level duty roulette earlier :(

It was a terrible run too. Got Brayflox (normal) and it didn't go my way at all. The healer didn't have Leeches so the poison in the final boss was a struggle (I ended up having to do some healing myself because he/she was very undergeared.) We ended up beating Aiatar with 5mins to spare, after our first tank got disconnected just before the fight. I've been running it a lot to get the battlemage gear but we got nothing but tank gear from every chest except the very last one, which was the battlemage breeches, only for the healer to get them. Thank you, blessed RNGesus.

MechaX

I agree with this. Gave some feedback to a friend at SE Japan so we'll see what comes of it.

I actually had a tank abandon a Tam-Tara HM right in the middle of the run because an A/S Rank Hunt was up.

Hopefully SE has been keeping a close eye on little issues like these.

I actually had a tank abandon a Tam-Tara HM right in the middle of the run because an A/S Rank Hunt was up.

Yes this happens quite a bit...ugh. I even see people in chat say wait for them to abandon their dungeon so they can do one, lol

Sophia

Having a third of your team in mid when drones aren't spawning is "control", right?

Yeah, having the middle only does good when your team isn't being pushed back. If you're struggling to take bases and you've got a party in the middle, then you're being inefficient.

In this sense, Alliance B has the biggest responsibility of the three groups.

Well the Hunts basically killed this game for me. I've been addicted to this game since it came out on PS4. Over the weekend doing hunt party groups basically allowed me to get the i100 items that I've been grinding for, and suddenly I have no desire to play the game anymore. Canceled my subscription renewal. :/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well the Hunts basically killed this game for me. I've been addicted to this game since it came out on PS4. Over the weekend doing hunt party groups basically allowed me to get the i100 items that I've been grinding for, and suddenly I have no desire to play the game anymore. Canceled my subscription renewal. :/

Is there really nothing to the game for you but banal gear-up progression?

Is there really nothing to the game for you but banal gear-up progression?

Not really. Been doing DF to collect tomes the last couple of weeks, but now that I was able to bang out the rest of the tomes in basically a couple of hours there just is no incentive for me to play anymore. I don't know, I could try to get more mounts or something, but seriously it just crossed my mind after equipping my last i100 gear yesterday, why am I still playing this. I've gone from addicted to basically zero interest; it's really weird.

Taruranto

zlvgXZ2.jpg

No one believe me on Ragnarok ;_;

But then...

(Admittedly, it's not confirmed you actually need to kill the humans to make it spawn. Also kudos to BG for finding out the actual method. )

Not really. Been doing DF to collect tomes the last couple of weeks, but now that I was able to bang out the rest of the tomes in basically a couple of hours there just is no incentive for me to play anymore. I don't know, I could try to get more mounts or something, but seriously it just crossed my mind after equipping my last i100 gear yesterday, why am I still playing this. I've gone from addicted to basically zero interest; it's really weird.

There's 110 and 115 gear.

Holy shit. Garuda is impossible for me. (I'm a lv 44 WHM) *sigh*
First time I failed a duty in the game. Is 44 too low or I just suck? :/

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Anyone who does that to me loses immediate respect.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Are you dying or are other people dying? And if they're dying, is it because they're not dodging shit?

Because Garuda really tests people's ability to pay attention and a lot of her attacks just simply can't be healed through.

Sophia

Garuda's not impossible. Your level is irrelevant as you can't enter until you're 44 anyhow, and it level syncs down your gear.

The two things that are important are your gear and if you understand the strategy. What's your character name? Is your gear relatively (within 5-8 item levels) up to date? Are you wasting mana with inefficient healing (I.E. constantly casting Cure 2 and not getting free cures. Not using Regen and Cure 1 in conjuration with Divine Seal to save MP.)? Do you know the strategy to the fight? Do your party members know the strategy to the fight and are avoiding damage that's avoidable?

Anyone who does that to me loses immediate respect.

Agreed, leaving in the middle of a dungeon for something that's not an emergency is already a bit selfish. Leaving for a hunt is downright rude.

Are you dying or are other people dying? And if they're dying, is it because they're not dodging shit?

Because Garuda really tests people's ability to pay attention and a lot of her attacks just simply can't be healed through.

Other people, most of the time.

Garuda's not impossible. Your level is irrelevant as you can't enter until you're 44 anyhow, and it level syncs down your gear.

The two things that are important are your gear and if you understand the strategy. What's your character name? Is your gear relatively (within 5-8 item levels) up to date? Are you wasting mana with inefficient healing (I.E. constantly casting Cure 2 and not getting free cures. Not using Regen and Cure 1 in conjuration with Divine Seal to save MP.)? Do you know the strategy to the fight? Do your party members know the strategy to the fight and are avoiding damage that's avoidable?

I'm Gylbart Saint, on Ultros. Avg Item Level is 38. I guess I'll have to grind anyway, then lol. I'm not running out of mana, people just die before we can kill her. People told me before that I shouldn't use Regen if I don't know how it works, and... that's what's happening.
The mecanics of the fight that I know is to hide behind the rocks when she jumps and kill the adds as soon as possible (which I assume is not my job). Anything else I should know?

chrono01

It's kind of funny. Before Hunts were actually incorporated, I was [relatively] excited for them. I thought that it would encourage people to travel the world and/or team up in-groups to track down elusive beasts, and foster teamwork between Free Companies. However, seeing what it's become, and the fact that it's essentially killed certain areas of the game [such as people running the new dungeons, or dungeons at all], makes me wish we never got them in the first place. It's somewhat depressing. :/

On paper, Hunts may sound like a good idea. In practice, however...

Sophia

I'm Gylbart Saint, on Ultros. Avg Item Level is 38. I guess I'll have to grind anyway, then lol. I'm not running out of mana, people just die before we can kill her. People told me before that I shouldn't use Regen if I don't know how it works, and... that's what's happening.
The mecanics of the fight that I know is to hide behind the rocks when she jumps and kill the adds as soon as possible (which I assume is not my job). Anything else I should know?

Get to level 45 and get your AF gear. It will be a whole lot easier.

Yeah do this. You'll recieve a pretty significant boost from the Artifact gear in your Level 45 Job quest. I always seem to forget about getting the artifact gear at 45.... maybe they need to adjust Garuda's minimum level and/or direct players towards the gear? At any rate, I've left the original advice regarding strategy below just in case you're still having issues.

------

So if you're running out of MP, that means one of two things. Either A) you're being inefficient with healing or B) Other people are taking unnecessary damage.

In regards to the former: Regen is a spell you want to combine usage with Divine Seal. If you hit Divine Seal before you cast Regen, then every tick of that Regen benefits from it, even if Divine Seal itself runs out. Combined it with basic Cure 1s on your tank and it should be pretty easy to keep people topped off. Make sure to make use of the free Cure 2s you get from casting Cure 1 as well. You also want to use Shroud of Saints when you have about 2/3rds MP to regan MP. The earlier the better so it comes off of cooldown during the fight.

In regards to the latter: Did you make it past Aerial Blast? That's the ability Garuda uses when she transitions from Phase 1 to Phase 2. The state of four pillars of rocks determine how much damage you take during this. If the DPS does a poor job of killing the adds, everyone will take a significant amount here and it will likely become hard to top everyone off. If they do an exceptionally bad job, it could be an instant kill to party members. One option to do is to stoneskin anyone who you think might not make it past it, if you feel confident judging that. Also having the Thaumaturge ability Swiftcast (Level 26) will allow you to instantly cast Medica or another heal once the Aerial Blast is over.

Make sure your tank is tanking Garuda in the proper spot (facing the wall, with her facing away away from the pillars) and watch Gardua's casting bars. I recommend Focus Targeting Garuda so you can keep an eye on her cast bar regardless of what is targeted. The tank will take the most damage from Slipstream (avoidable/interruptible if they move out of the way) and from Wicked Wheel. Likewise, as Wicked Wheel is a 360 degree ability, any melee or anyone standing near her will take damage too.

Assuming everyone is doing their job, and you're not wasting mana inefficiently, it's not too hard of a fight. Can be a real pain in the ass if the tank or DPS aren't doing what they're suppose to tho. I'd offer to help you by tanking it personally, except I'm not on Ultros and this game lacks any way to invite people to a party across servers. :(

Party Finder is dead... this is depressing.

Not on Adamantoise. Of course... the problem is it's all filled with hunting parties. >_>;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's kind of funny. Before Hunts were actually incorporated, I was [relatively] excited for them. I thought that it would encourage people to travel the world and/or team up in-groups to track down elusive beasts, and foster teamwork between Free Companies. However, seeing what it's become, and the fact that it's essentially killed certain areas of the game [such as people running the new dungeons, or dungeons at all], makes me wish we never got them in the first place. It's somewhat depressing. :/

On paper, Hunts may sound like a good idea. In practice, however...

I can see why Tiv left.

Jijidasu

The whole deal with hunts seems pretty depressing for all those on the NA servers. I can't speak for all of the Japanese servers but our server (Durandal) seems to have things sorted out a bit like how Atma farming was done. There are of course stragglers who would try compete (I'll be honest, it's usually some of the non-JP players playing the nasty) with already existing groups but the rule of thumb seems to be there's always one group for a mob. They'll shout to fill as much as possible before they take it down and that's how it generally goes down.

People wanted FFXI style NMs but with the current format of the game and its extremely small zones it was always going to end up this way if it wasn't force-pop style via items a.la treasure maps. I hope they can do things to fix the problems but I think that there'll be a lot of scar tissue left on the community now.

creid

Thinking about jumping back in. Quit a while back, shortly after getting my SMN relic weapon.

How much catching up am I going to have to do, and is the Sargatanas linkshell still active?
They make it easier to catch up with every patch. Red Dot on Sarg is still active, and next weekend should be a free "welcome back" weekend, if you just want to try for a couple days.

dcye

In other news, killed Ramuh EX last night. Strange fight. I cannot imagine pugging that fight with any consistency, its a shit show for most of the second half of the fight depending on the smoothness of your phase transition and how well everyone understands what is going on and how to fix mistakes. With a group of people on TS it got much easier as we got more familiar though, I look forward to doing more of it as a group as I really enjoyed it, especially as I've already burned out a bit on Syrcus Tower and only enjoy frontlines when in a group of friends.

Also, I freaking love the aesthetic of the arena and music of the fight. Much better than Levi IMO. Gimmie more purple SE.

Looks pretty active on Ragnarok. Granted, there aren't many BRAYFLOX SR FARM 2 BOSSES party, but I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Yeah, I'm glad they got rid of stupid dungeon speedruns but now the pendulum has swung so far the other way, it's hard to find dungeons for doing books now. I'm actually trying to do books between hunts so I don't waste the Myth and that's a pain the ass right now to get the required dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom