• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

The hunts are actually proving amazingly good at showing exactly who the douchebags children are. In a few weeks I'll have my vanity chest, or hunts will have made me quit.

Your move, SE.

Hasney

The hunts are actually proving amazingly good at showing exactly who the douchebags children are. In a few weeks I'll have my vanity chest, or hunts will have made me quit.

Your move, SE.

Why would it make you quit? Honestly, unless I'm hunting, I've not seen a single detriment to my game experience.

Lanrutcon

Why would it make you quit? Honestly, unless I'm hunting, I've not seen a single detriment to my game experience.

The only way to get that vanity chest is through hunting. So, like it or not, I have to endure the hunting system. The moment the game becomes 'give up on content or face unpoliced douchery' I will stop caring for it, and move on.

Sophia

Somehow I don't think making a pointless ultimatum over something that will be iterated and improved upon in a month is going to do you much good, Lanrutcon. :p

Hasney

The only way to get that vanity chest is through hunting. So, like it or not, I have to endure the hunting system. The moment the game becomes 'give up on content or face unpoliced douchery' I will stop caring for it, and move on.

Ohhhhh that makes sense. Sorry, thought the chest was from some other content.

Apoptomon

tam-tara HM is horrible for a SMN. The final fight - how the hell am I supposed to kill the adds fast enough? They take only 8 seconds or so to reach the center, and that's about the amount of time it takes for me to get a fester in. Then I have to spend another 7.5 seconds setting up for a fester on another add....the fight is a burst DPS check, which SMN is sorely lacking in. How do I get past this part?

I felt the same way about that battle. I just ended up spamming ruin, ruin 2 and bio, but I don't think that was really ideal. Tips, anyone?

Also, about using Titan-egi, there's a thread on the OF in which people are claiming using it for party content is grounds for a nerf or disciplinary action. WTF.

Lanrutcon

Somehow I don't think making a pointless ultimatum over something that will be iterated and improved upon in a month is going to do you much good, Lanrutcon. :p

I know. A day of trying to earn some hunt marks has made me ragey and bitter. I don't think SE is enjoying much positive feedback on the hunt system atm, at least, so I'm hopeful of changes in the following weeks. I'm not even trying for ilevel110 or anything. Just some pretty chest armor.

<goes back to the noob corner>

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I felt the same way about that battle. I just ended up spamming ruin, ruin 2 and bio, but I don't think that was really ideal. Tips, anyone?

Also, about using Titan-egi, there's a thread on the OF in which people are claiming using it for party content is grounds for a nerf or disciplinary action. WTF.

Sure, let's remove valid and creative gameplay options because limiting players to monkey see monkey do is how great video games are born!
smh

Sophia

I know. A day of trying to earn some hunt marks has made me ragey and bitter. I don't think SE is enjoying much positive feedback on the hunt system atm, at least, so I'm hopeful of changes in the following weeks. I'm not even trying for ilevel110 or anything. Just some pretty chest armor.

Give it a month. There's a live letter coming up in a week, and they'll certainly address it there too.

Zalasta

I am curious if anyone could tell if there is any correlation between the difficulty of a desynthesis (or maybe the level of the item) and the likelihood of getting a demimateria, or is it just a very small chance of getting one.

I seem to get demimateria often when I desynthesize an item for the very first time. For example, got a fieldcraft when doing base-relief saw, but my next one didn't come until after 15+ tries.

Lastly, can you still get demimateria from desynthesizing items that give little to no skill up? Or does the chance gets significally smaller?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Don't worry, the nerfs are coming.

I'm just going to say it: Hunts need to be ripped out of the game ASAP to be reworked and introduced later. The player interaction it is fostering and the clear divide between haves and have nots is hurting the game. Even if these top LS's have everyone geared they still hold it all down because it's not enough they succeed, everyone else should fail.

I'd even say they should do a roll back but it is way too late for that.

It will be interesting to see how this situation is handled.

Zalasta

So...the efficiency with which people are at locating hunting targets, is it true that there is cheating involved? And if it is, what is our FC policy in the use of such exploits? Because let's face it, with the kind of competition and drama, if there is cheating, people have to do it to keep up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So...the efficiency with which people are finding hunting targets, is it true that there is cheating involved? And if it is, what is our FC policy in the use of such exploits?
Yes there has been cheating with third party apps. People caught cheating should be kicked from the FC imo.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
In looking forward to the Ramuh EX patch.

Titan Egi "strat" is the new T2 enrage "strat" for bads.

I kind of regret showing it to the FC last night. Lol

edgefusion

As a UK player I find the best time for hunts is the middle of the day before the bulk of America wakes up. People are generally courteous and the seals flow thick and fast. As soon as the population starts to pick up in the evening it becomes impossible to get even a drop because people will pull the moment they see a hunt.

They funnelled too many rewards into a single action. Literally everything a player could want is obtained through hunts. Myth for alts and animus, glamour, i110 gear with sands and oils, i100 gear through soldiery, alexandrite. Rip out the myth and soldiery rewards and people will start doing dungeons again, and maybe cool off in the process. IMO this is the hunts significant problem, the rewards are disproportionately and astonishingly enormous.

iammeiam

Is there a reason in Levi EX that the elemental converter wouldn't be charged the second time, even though the gyre spumes all died extremely quickly? One group I was in got them down, finally all managed to not die or fall off before the second button push, then wiped because the converter was at 9. Do the other ones that spawn in the middle and eventually explode have an effect too? Or was it just a glitch?
I agree. And don't forget, we can honeytrap them with a renamed choco *cough*.

I'd read someone on reddit claiming this had been 'fixed'/was being fixed to indicate on the map that chocobos were chocobos and not monsters. Hopefully not true!

Welfare Ramuh Gear! Sounds good to me.

Hasney

As a UK player I find the best time for hunts is the middle of the day before the bulk of America wakes up. People are generally courteous and the seals flow thick and fast. As soon as the population starts to pick up in the evening it becomes impossible to get even a drop because people will pull the moment they see a hunt.

They funnelled too many rewards into a single action. Literally everything a player could want is obtained through hunts. Myth for alts and animus, glamour, i110 gear with sands and oils, i100 gear through soldiery, alexandrite. Rip out the myth and soldiery rewards and people will start doing dungeons again, and maybe cool off in the process. IMO this is the hunts significant problem, the rewards are disproportionately and astonishingly enormous.

Yeah, I'm working from home on Thursday so I was hoping that would be my hunt day.

orion434

I played Frontlines for the first time yesterday and I see how the myth mat market collapsed. It doesn't matter if you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd you still get the 50 myth tomes & 25 sold tomes. The only difference is how many Wolf Marks you get, 600 for 1st, 400 for 2nd & 300 for 3rd. I played 3 matches and had enough for 2x ilv 70 Jewelry, Desynthesis both into Battlecraft III Demimateria.

Tawny Latex was under 10K yesterday, Peacock Ore was selling for more... and you need 9x Ore as apposed to 3x Latex! It's all messed up!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'd read someone on reddit claiming this had been 'fixed'/was being fixed to indicate on the map that chocobos were chocobos and not monsters. Hopefully not true!

The chocobo thing is easily bypassed by adding a filter for HP. It was fixed before people started doing it.

That is really weird, man. What is the point of collecting all that gear if you're not gonna actually go to the fight and use it? You should play Warframe next. I think you would like it since you love the straight up, never-ending loot grind.

Soooooo... I see we are still b*tching about hunts. How soon before Square fixes it you reckon?

This weekend I didn't get to play at all :-(. Whenever I decide to go out and get wasted I always end up in trouble so I think it's better for me to just binge on FF all weekend. Next weekend I'm gonna play this game properly again.

Yeah I don't know what to say. I guess something just clicked in my head that I'm done with this game. It's like what's the point? I guess you could say that for any game, but this was my first MMO and I enjoyed the time I had with it.

I had no problem with this fight as a SMN. Bios, Ruin II, Garuda, and Energy Drain took care of them before they hit the center.

Lanrutcon

Is there a reason in Levi EX that the elemental converter wouldn't be charged the second time, even though the gyre spumes all died extremely quickly? One group I was in got them down, finally all managed to not die or fall off before the second button push, then wiped because the converter was at 9. Do the other ones that spawn in the middle and eventually explode have an effect too? Or was it just a glitch?

It only takes basic c# knowledge to adjust the filter. I had a look at the source code, it's pretty simple stuff. I'd be amazed if someone hasn't put a chocobo 'fix' into place at this stage.

Reknoc

so clearly the problem here is those uncouth americans. Should have expected it really.

*sips tea*

Sophia

I think what's most obnoxious about the daily hunts are the mobs tied to FATEs. The only way you're going to realistically catch these is to wait. Which is dumb.

IMBored

I think what's most obnoxious about the daily hunts are the mobs tied to FATEs. The only way you're going to realistically catch these is to wait. Which is dumb.

Well, it's no worse than beastmen quests or book fates, and the "reward" for the daily hunts are really bad to begin with. I don't think many people are doing them, even the weekly one only gives 20 seals, same as any A rank hunt.

The thing is hunts have the potential to be really fun, trying to summon an S rank with 100 or more people, involving the whole server, etc.

Sophia

Well, it's no worse than beastmen quests or book fates, and the "reward" for the daily hunts are really bad to begin with. I don't think many people are doing them, even the weekly one only gives 20 seals, same as any A rank hunt.

The thing is hunts have the potential to be really fun, trying to summon an S rank with 100 or more people, involving the whole server, etc.

They have the potential to be fun. But between imbalanced rewards, no HP scaling, parties zerging the notorious monsters and ignoring all mechanics, monsters not appear on screen until after they're dead, and bringing out the worst in the community..... Yeeeah. Daily Hunts are the worst because the gil barely even covers the fee to get to a specific zone. At least beastmen quests are all in the same general area.

I'd rather have it be treasure hunt style or instanced and have a good fight against a challenging enemy, even if it drives Taruranto to despair. :p

Oddly enough, despite being obnoxiously tied to FATEs, the daily hunts that are FATE related are a lot more fun then the actual elite hunts.

Sophia

I hope they don't run out of ivory to build all of these ivory towers people have placed themselves in lately.

Actually I think they ran out awhile ago. That's why all these towers have cracks, are damaged, and in badly need of repair. :p

Zalasta

The whole deal with hunts seems pretty depressing for all those on the NA servers. I can't speak for all of the Japanese servers but our server (Durandal) seems to have things sorted out a bit like how Atma farming was done. There are of course stragglers who would try compete (I'll be honest, it's usually some of the non-JP players playing the nasty) with already existing groups but the rule of thumb seems to be there's always one group for a mob. They'll shout to fill as much as possible before they take it down and that's how it generally goes down.

People wanted FFXI style NMs but with the current format of the game and its extremely small zones it was always going to end up this way if it wasn't force-pop style via items a.la treasure maps. I hope they can do things to fix the problems but I think that there'll be a lot of scar tissue left on the community now.

That's always been SE's problem. They have this mentality that everyone will do things properly and with courtesy like the Japanese community, but that is not the case when it comes to NA servers. So their designs end up to be flawed and completely unworkable elsewhere.

Honestly, they've really dropped the ball on the hunt system. The whole daily/weekly hunt targets is so useless when the rewards are so low and you can just roam for more. It also increased cheating through third party software. Just terrible overall.

Isaccard

Our video of the Titan Egi tank strategy with Ramuh: http://www.twitch.tv/nova_crystallis/c/4660096

Took us a bit but we got it down super clean in the end. 8)

It's about time!

Now try it the real way.

It's true through. Just like the T2 engage strat.

I expect this to be patched soon though. Do it while you can.

Puppy pls. The only thing Titan egi does is circumvent tank swapping; the rest of the mechanics are still being executed, I'd hardly compare this to T2 Enrage (which ignore mechanics all together), all this does is givie the finger to players like Grimm.
lol, Grimm <3

I hope they don't run out of ivory to build all of these ivory towers people have placed themselves in lately.

Sorry brah but this, It'll probably get patched but /shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom