• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Especially for PS3/users without high end PCs.

By the time someone announces a mark and a zone actually loads for me, it's dead.

I've heard PS3 (PC?) users complaining of the S rank hunts visually disappearing due to all the other players around.

I haven't had any trouble on PS4.

Wilsongt

I've heard PS3 (PC?) users complaining of the S rank hunts visually disappearing due to all the other players around.

I haven't had any trouble on PS4.

And that's why. PS4 processor is like a higher end computer which doesn't have an issue.

My computer wasn't a gaming PC. I just put in a better graphics card to play 1.0 and it works fine for 2.0, but in places like 2.0 Wineport/Mor Dhona/2.2 North Shroud it lags like a bitch due to how many people are there.

Wilsongt

Wait you mean to tell me stuff still disappears on ps3. I though that was fixed in 2.1

Players disappear. Mobs still have priority. However, if it takes you 20 - 30 seconds to load into a zone, then ride your way to it, people who load zones instantly have that much more time ahead of you.

Noi

Getting the new dungeon tank chest piece has given me all the motivation I need to keep running Hullbreaker/Stone Vigil to get the rest of the set. The whole thing looks so rad. *_*

I jerry-rigged up a glamour set to go with it, but I definitely still need to get the gloves and boots. Pants are whatever.

svDeiPu.jpg

How is this done? How does it work? I've never seen it.

Is basically like any normal mob/fate, get aggro of hunt, move him away until it resets hate, goes back to original location and restores 100% of HP:

Basically some people get the hate of the mob and reset so their group can come....

Getting the new dungeon tank chest piece has given me all the motivation I need to keep running Hullbreaker/Stone Vigil to get the rest of the set. The whole thing looks so rad. *_*

Which reminds me the drop rates are shit, half of the time you get shitty materials, other half some othe job gear. As it wasn't bad enough before...

I agree with this. Gave some feedback to a friend at SE Japan so we'll see what comes of it.

I was thinking that it should be tied to completion of old coil like the ex primal weapons. Complete turn 1,2,4,5 and get your choice of oil/sand/uat. Obviously it'll have the same issues as ex primals but it'll at least be a good progression tool for people that haven't beaten coil/want to know the story in coil

Noi

Which reminds me the drop rates are shit, half of the time you get shitty materials, other half some othe job gear. As it wasn't bad enough before...

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. Having accessories for this set only makes things worse too. I understand why they exist, but having those as well as normal left-side drops and crafting materials... Jesus SE, what were you thinking.

Some S-ranks have even flickered in and out for me on PS4.

That was Safat for me the other day. I could see him for as long as he stood still, but the moment he moved even a bit he vanished from my sight and took a few seconds to show up again.

WolvenOne

Dungeun loot tables definitely need some trimming, I don't think they'll have a choice come 2.4, since Ninja's going to be hitting the scene.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hunts should have come out after Ninja. The hilarity of seeing everyone jump on the mobs head would be too much.

kiryogi

Banned
Frontlines is not that hard:

Drones > Outpost

Have 2 groups on middle if you have 2 outpost min, destroy competition, get the kills and repeat....

Is not that to understand...but "OH we lost outpost! get it back!"...."Let's get 3 outpost and is our win!"....

*facepalm*

Controlling mid means nothing if you have no bases. Both are just as important.

Is there a way you can seprate you cross hotbar(for pad) with your gear sets. I want have some pvp skills for frontlines in place of some skills I won't use in pvp on my set 2 of hotbar but still wanna use them for pve so I can l2+r2 use them instead of manually switching to set 3?

What is going on the grand company supply quests. It said it would refresh now at 4, I was there and there was no missions. It still says no more delivered are being accepted today. It's been like that the last two days.

Wtf am I supposed to do?

WolvenOne

Reminds me.

Mechanically speaking, what can they do to simplify and streamline the Atma/Animus/Novus quest-chain? I've heard that they're planning to make it much easier to do these at some point, so that people that're just starting out, and whom want to work on the latest Relic-Iteration, can do so without spending an inordinate amount of time.

Yes, I know the latest patch has made these much easier already, sans Atma, bleh. :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Reminds me.

Mechanically speaking, what can they do to simplify and streamline the Atma/Animus/Novus quest-chain? I've heard that they're planning to make it much easier to do these at some point, so that people that're just starting out, and whom want to work on the latest Relic-Iteration, can do so without spending an inordinate amount of time.

Yes, I know the latest patch has made these much easier already, sans Atma, bleh. :p

Well, they can stop listening to people who want FFXI style grinds for one.

We had an attempt go to 1%. I died at around 5% in that attempt, making Titan-Egi MT die. I remember watching my DoTs continue and Bookey do LB while I was dead.

Yea...I lost that battle for us in the end. Usually when a boss is at 2-3% and it's close, I always go Cleric, pop PoM, and spam Stone II like no tomorrow with Ben in my pocket to emergency top off somebody (me or a DPS for one last push). I was just so phased by seeing the 1% and seeing it was just Bookey and me that I forgot everything and totally spazzed out. Really, really angry with myself over that. So basically until I clear it I'm gonna be obsessed. Combine that with our static didn't run last night (which meant I could have stayed in the group that eventually cleared Ramuh EX), and I'm super annoyed.

Yes there has been cheating with third party apps. People caught cheating should be kicked from the FC imo.

Yea, with how many hours some of us spend actually running around the zones, even sorta knowing the rough spawn areas, I'd be really annoyed at people using third party programs to figure out where the mobs spawn and when.

iammeiam

What is going on the grand company supply quests. It said it would refresh now at 4, I was there and there was no missions. It still says no more delivered are being accepted today. It's been like that the last two days.

Wtf am I supposed to do?

Have you been doing them and they just stopped working? No GC switch or anything? Because then I think you'd have to contact SE; mine have been updating okay.

WolvenOne

Well, they can stop listening to people who want FFXI style grinds for one.

Heh, tend to have mixed feelings here myself. On one hand, if people aren't going to go through the most difficult content the game has to offer, then it makes sense to put it behind a grind instead. On the other hand, the Atma and Alexandrite portions of the questline were a bit much. The Animus wouldn't have been bad, save for a few lengthier Fates and the rather severe Myth grind, but at least it was varied!

So I guess.

Hecka increase Atma drop rates.

Reduce Book Prices and remove the lengthier fates.

Make it so Materia actually applied it's internal stat number toward the weapon your building, instead of 1-materia = +1 stat regardless of tier.

Edit: Also add a fifth tier of materia, for tier 4's become less valuable, and therefore less expensive.

Controlling mid means nothing if you have no bases. Both are just as important.

No, as long as you have 2, you're fine. Instead losing the mid drones or even the boss is crucial.

The only problem is when one alliance manage to nullify the bases of an entire alliance, having 4 or so. But most of the time bases goes to 2 or 3 on each alliance, that's when controlling the mid give you victory.

To many ppl focus on having 3 at all cost, when ending with one outpot as long you can kill the boss, for example, should be the priority.

Sophia

Reminds me.

Improving the general quality of FATEs would go a long ways to making the Atma portion easier. At the very least let me use the goddamn relic weapon as a Class so I can take skills that are beneficial to soloing them.

Here is my UI on the PC:

plake

This is mine. Standard PS4 but took things to the edges and removed some stuff I didn't use. Also hid my money.... >:D
I have the small recommendations tab up sometimes to make sure I don't miss hunting log mobs in a zone. Also good for questing with low lv chars.

Edit: Hmm, on my tv the hud elements are along the screen edges. Guess I need a new tv :3

creid

Reminds me.

All the myth increases have sped up my book acquisition quite a bit. I'd bet they'll add easier/more ways to get Alexandrite within the next big patch or two.

Dunan

Improving the general quality of FATEs would go a long ways to making the Atma portion easier. At the very least let me use the goddamn relic weapon as a Class so I can take skills that are beneficial to soloing them.

Here is my UI on the PC:

How did you get your chat window all the way to the edge like that? I can grab the top right corner of my chat window to resize it, but I can't move it. I really want to push it all the way to the left edge and take advantage of a little extra space.

Sophia

How did you get your chat window all the way to the edge like that? I can grab the top right corner of my chat window to resize it, but I can't move it. I really want to push it all the way to the left edge and take advantage of a little extra space.

Drag the first tab on it using the mouse or virtual mouse.

Wtf am I supposed to do?

Have you tried leaving the city and coming back? I remember that working for me once.

Wilsongt

This is mine. Standard PS4 but took things to the edges and removed some stuff I didn't use. Also hid my money.... >:D
I have the small recommendations tab up sometimes to make sure I don't miss hunting log mobs in a zone. Also good for questing with low lv chars.

Edit: Hmm, on my tv the hud elements are along the screen edges. Guess I need a new tv :3

Boobfilia wants to speak with you. Don't keep her breast waiting.

Had nice little come from behind victory in frontlines. After the boss drone was down( I think by us) we pushed to C took that over with ease and just trucked to Adder B just destrying people in the way. It was amazing

Noi

Since they're being posted, here's mine. Paladin setup for PS4 w/keyboard for chatting and some macros. I keep most of the used actions/CDs on Hotbar 1, while using R2 + L2 to quickswap to the later 3 less used actions. Hotbar 2 has the not frequently used in combat stuff like Marks, Ignores, Sword/Shield Oath, Protect, Raise, LB and Sprint. Window on the far right has system dialogue while the left one is strictly chat. That small vertical hotbar line next to the chat on the left has all the marks I ever use + a countdown macro for stuff like T2 Enrage / Castrum cannons, etc.

The enemy HP bar is right above the crossbar. Makes it so I get all the information I need (enemy health, enemy casts, my health/MP) just from looking a the bottom of the screen.

Edit: Everything is closer to the edge on my TV~

I want to do Brayflox HM for the first time but realistically what are my chances of finding a group that

A) Doesn't want to speed run (or can teach me how to speed run)
B) Won't leave after the first two bosses (as I hear people do that as part of speed running?)

iammeiam

I want to do Brayflox HM for the first time but realistically what are my chances of finding a group that

A) Doesn't want to speed run (or can teach me how to speed run)
B) Won't leave after the first two bosses (as I hear people do that as part of speed running?)

A.) is totally random, but there's no real harm in trying DF and just announcing you're new. Bray speedruns aren't the current myth piñata of choice, so the odds are that if you get a group via DF at least some of them are there for roulette and aren't expecting a superfast Bray. They may still want to do big pulls, but will probably be more flexible than in 2.2.

B isn't a problem anymore--it used to be that all the myth in Bray (50) came from the first two bosses, so if you just wanted myth and not soldiery, you'd drop after the second boss. Now all three bosses drop myth, and half of the myth (35 out of a possible 70) comes from the third boss, so dropping after the first two is pretty inefficient.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A.) is totally random, but there's no real harm in trying DF and just announcing you're new. Bray speedruns aren't the current myth piñata of choice, so the odds are that if you get a group via DF at least some of them are there for roulette and aren't expecting a superfast Bray. They may still want to do big pulls, but will probably be more flexible than in 2.2.

B isn't a problem anymore--it used to be that all the myth in Bray (50) came from the first two bosses, so if you just wanted myth and not soldiery, you'd drop after the second boss. Now all three bosses drop myth, and half of the myth (35 out of a possible 70) comes from the third boss, so dropping after the first two is pretty inefficient.

Sweet, I had gotten sick of doing Bray HM runs a couple months ago, and got tired of "not going fast enough" as a tank.

But Frontlines is giving a hell of a lot of myth/soldiery, during a fun and random event (CTF PVP)

Thanks, good to know.

Have you been doing them and they just stopped working? No GC switch or anything? Because then I think you'd have to contact SE; mine have been updating okay.

I have never been able to do one cause the list always tells me there are no more for the day.

I have done if in other cities too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom