• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to watch a Levi EX vid from a BLM SMN pov to see how to drop Meteor cause other people told me I can hit all four splumes but the reticle doesn't look like it can hit all four unless it extend a little beyond the recticle.

Ken

I need to watch a Levi EX vid from a BLM SMN pov to see how to drop Meteor cause other people told me I can hit all four splumes but the reticle doesn't look like it can hit all four unless it extend a little beyond the recticle.

Just try to place it in the center of the map. Its true range is a little further than the marker.

meteormeteormeteor

Redx508

Hunts are no joke!
X244mXW.png

CLBridges

Joined a PF group using Titan egi for Ramuh X. We got him down to 33%, but the tether mechanic was killing us. We had two DRG in the party and I hate to type this but, they def. fell under that Derpgoon stereotype. They kept dying because they wouldn't move out the water during adds and thunderstrike. Wouldn't follow our number structure for removing chaos, just generally were not aware of their surroundings. I had fun nonetheless though lol.

Incredibly and pleasantly surprised at how nice the Helm of the Divine War is on Miqote after how atrocious the Protector's Barbut was. I'm not the biggest helmet fan, but I can still see myself rocking this for a while.

looks great, love it.

Atma farming is becoming tedious and I don't even have 1 yet. 4 hours work, no results.

that's bad luck man. you have your weapon equipped, right? i've spend about 10 hours on my 10th. maybe your first is the bitch.

kiryogi

Banned

Center of map plus they need to be tagged by someone. Like hit at least once.

Wilsongt

So how do I get back into the GAF free Company on Sargatanas?

Put in a application but haven't seen any response.

Been busying myself unlocking things in my months away. Unlocked and beat the Labyrinth, getting get up, and almost past the average lvl 70 mark.

Message anyone from DOT that you see. You can message me on there, Tarethen Lightwing, or Eithne Rain, Dante McCloud, Vile Nyte, etc. Just to see if someone is on and can invite you.

Ambition

So I just got this game a few days ago, and wow is this addicting! I'm already level 17 and it feels like ive barely scratched the surface. Anyways what are these "hunts" you people are talking about? Is it some way to level up faster 'er what?

Sorian

Banned
So I just got this game a few days ago, and wow is this addicting! I'm already level 17 and it feels like ive barely scratched the surface. Anyways what are these "hunts" you people are talking about? Is it some way to level up faster 'er what?

Something else to torment occupy your time when you hit 50.

iammeiam

Fifty minutes in DF queue for a Levi EX run that wound up being 6/8ths premade, and vote abandoned after forty minutes because half the premade couldn't make it to spumes with 25% echo without dying. And I was baiting one of the initial Grand Falls away from everyone, so I totally don't get how they were all dying so fast every time.

At least tomorrow is reset day and I can go back to spamming CT2 for a UAT or the latest fashions. Amon's pants would be probably the biggest upgrade, but his coat would look amazing with the hat. Tough decisions to be made, here.

My retainer has brought me back at least 5-6 moogle weapons...guess he really likes that fight

Now what I want to know is what do I have to do to get one of those i95 glowy Moogle weapons?

You need 3 Mog demimateria which arent cheap. They can be gained by desynthing the various Mog weapons, but you need a high enough desynth level for that weapons craft. You also need like 10 battlecraft demateria III, 10 terminus putty, and a kingly whisker

Lots of fun to get it all together(lol), I've just about got everything for a Titan or Ifrit weapon myself!

Got pretty far into the Golems phase in T9. Nothing special, but it's interesting to solo tank nonetheless. I really have to think about my cooldowns more than any other fight. This fight is probably one of the most fun I've had as a tank so far, too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got pretty far into the Golems phase in T9. Nothing special, but it's interesting to solo tank nonetheless. I really have to think about my cooldowns more than any other fight. This fight is probably one of the most fun I've had as a tank so far, too.

Golems are a lot like T5's snakes. Once you get those on lockdown they're pretty easy to consistently get through once you need to get to the latter phases.

Ken

Are you still in that group with the new bard? SERA I think?

chrono01

Congrats man, keep it up!

T9 really is a lot of fun, although I would like to skip the Meteor/Golem phases. Not out of difficulty, but out of sheer repetitiveness. It's so boring! It doesn't help that after the second Golems is where the fight actually starts, in my opinion [as referenced by the change in music/floor design].

But yes, keep at it. It's such a satisfying turn to beat, but then, the end boss of a piece of content usually is.

Golems are a lot like T5's snakes. Once you get those on lockdown they're pretty easy to consistently get through once you need to get to the latter phases.

This week will be pretty interesting, I think. As long as everyone knows their job and gets it down right.

Are you still in that group with the new bard? SERA I think?

Yeah. It's going pretty well now.

Congrats man, keep it up!

T9 really is a lot of fun, although I would like to skip the Meteor/Golem phases. Not out of difficulty, but out of sheer repetitiveness. It's so boring! It doesn't help that after the second Golems is where the fight actually starts, in my opinion [as referenced by the change in music/floor design].

But yes, keep at it. It's such a satisfying turn to beat, but then, the end boss of a piece of content usually is.

I hope I get to the end eventually! Solo tanking it is heavily reliant on intelligent use of cooldowns and awareness so far. I'm just taking it one phase at a time right now. Who knows... maybe we'll get past golems. :O!

Well if they do nerf Hunts, I'm not going to pretend that I'll miss it that much. Fast Sands was nice but it was also a crazed and stressful experience to actually hunt all day long.

Mairu

Get the new tank dungeon set. Looks much better then the Sol chest.

I might go back to plain old mithril armor, I think the red soldiery set looked good but any other color is not so great
Ramuh weapons are pretty nice looking. I want to get the bow for vanity. We saw the SCH book and MNK claws drop when we were doing it earlier.

I got really lucky, we were doing it for the past 60-90 minutes before server went down and the first two kills was shield then sword

WolvenOne

Noct Lorica doesn't look bad, on some races. On Miqote it looks like an obvious attempt to puff up and look bigger, there just isn't enough base mass there to pull off the look. Dying it certain colors can go a long way towards fixing this however.

Yes, I'm one to talk about ugly glamour after putting up that DBZ cosplay. That's mainly just a gag, I'm gonna subtle it down a bit tomorrow.

Uploaded a quick hunt for people who never had the pleasure to do one. :p

http://youtu.be/2fM89t_mLJM

That's only because it was just your party there. When there's a zerg, the B rank usually dies in 2-3 GCDs. That was a comparatively slow B rank kill.

On Saturday or Sunday, I ran into a B rank with a zerg there and we killed it from 100% to 0%, where someone in my group called the pull so we could all attack at once, and it was dead before I could even get a second skill off. It literally died in 1 GCD.

That's only because it was just your party there. When there's a zerg, the B rank usually dies in 2-3 GCDs. That was a comparatively slow B rank kill.

On Saturday or Sunday, I ran into a B rank with a zerg there and we killed it from 100% to 0%, where someone in my group called the pull so we could all attack at once, and it was dead before I could even get a second skill off. It literally died in 1 GCD.

Yeah I was going to say this is a slow kill. :p

Patch Notes:
The following adjustments have been made to “The Hunt”:
- Elite marks maximum HP has been increased.
Rank B maximum HP has been raised from solo to light party level, Rank A maximum HP has been raised from light party to full party level.
Although the Rank S maximum HP level was already intended for multiple parties, we have further raised the necessary number to require even more parties.
Similar to Odin and Behemoth, because raising the maximum HP of Rank S means stressed server loads due to the concentration of players, we plan to make ongoing adjustments as we watch the server situation.
- As the elite marks HP is increased, the amount of contribution points in which affects the reward after defeating will be eased.
- S rank elite marks will have top display priority.
Because the elite marks maximum HP have been changed to reflect the party numbers required, we are also looking into adjusting the amount from the “Regular mark bills” and “Elite mark bills” reward. We will continue to make careful content adjustments as we monitor player trends and server stress loads.

For Frontline only, the following change has been made:
- Party members will be added automatically if required once duty has commenced.
Automatic member addition will take place upon the start of battle (when the gates open).
When registering for a Frontline campaign we recommend checking “Join Party in Progress,” which will make the matchmaking process smoother, and ask players to consider choosing this option whenever possible.

The following issues have been addressed:
- In The Striking Tree (Hard) and The Striking Tree (Extreme) the damage taken by pets was abnormally low.
- In Syrcus Tower wherein the ground would not illuminate when charging the matter field generator.
- Players were unable to use pet actions when a pet was casting a spell.
- Controls did not function properly when taking damage while in the process of trading event items to NPCs during a quest or FATE.
- Certain items would become inaccessible when players used the Sort subcommand with the Desynthesis window open.
- The game client would become unresponsive when players enlisted in a free company that had not purchased housing used the View Room Details command in another player's estate.
- Players were withdrawn from a Duty when selecting Commence at the same time another player selected Withdraw.
- Using the ALT+L or ALT+Shift+L to cycle forward or backward would start from the first linkshell instead of the last selected linkshell when the chat mode was not set to linkshell.
- The UI would occasionally blink when facing the camera toward a large crowd.
- The text options More Items (DoH) and More Items (DoL) were reversed when talking to the NPC Talan. (*Post only for English)
- In Syrcus Tower certain treasure chests did not display properly. (* Post only for English, German, French)
- In The Striking Tree (Hard) the weather text displayed when hovering the cursor over the weather icon was in Japanese. (*Post only for English, German, French)
- In The Second Coil of Bahamut targeting the entrance would display a macro error. (* Post only for English)

TLDR: Hunt HP increased and Titan Egi nerfed forever.

IMBored

Snap, Yoshi works fast.

Didn't Really expect a fix so soon for Ramuh, the hunt stuff is mostly stopgap fixes, until they rework the system itself.

Lanrutcon

More hunt hp?

That solves almost nothing, but it's a start. Will try some hunts tonight to see if it's still the arena of douches.

dcye

Having cleared Ramuh both legit and non-legit way, I've gotta say I will miss the Titan-Egi method. Made the second half of the fight so much less stressful for everyone concerned.

But I got the two rings I really wanted so whatevssss. Might keep farming the fight for the healing right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom