• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Kinda hoping I can get in on a Ramuh farm before they buff it. I know I'll have to learn how to legit do the fight at some point, and I think I have most the fight already, but anything that makes the farm process shorter and smoother is fine by me.

iammeiam

I have never been able to do one cause the list always tells me there are no more for the day.

I have done if in other cities too.

Do you have crafting and/or gathering classes leveled? First tab is turn-ins you can craft. if you have no crafting classes, no turn-ins will ever be available. Second tab is for items you can gather. No gathering classes, nothing will be available there. Third tab is where you'll see the list of equipment you've found that can be turned in for seals, and that doesn't have a daily limit I'm aware of. I believe GC rank also impacts whether or not you can do third tab turn-ins.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Kinda hoping I can get in on a Ramuh farm before they buff it. I know I'll have to learn how to legit do the fight at some point, and I think I have most the fight already, but anything that makes the farm process shorter and smoother is fine by me.

It's definitely the hardest tank fight I have encountered.
Tanking isn't my main thing, so it should be pretty easy for you to pick up.

The hardest part is finding other people that don't panic and/or pick up orbs they aren't supposed to.

supergiz

So let's get done conversation going amongst the desythers. Almost at 85 carpenter myself and only things I am get skill up from are 2 and 3 start furniture.

The only thing that's working for me now are the stepping stones 2 star. I buy the petrified logs on the market or via myth tombs. Then I craft about 100 varnish and have enough to make 10. Ilvl70 stuff gives minimal xp now

WolvenOne

It's definitely the hardest tank fight I have encountered.
Tanking isn't my main thing, so it should be pretty easy for you to pick up.

The hardest part is finding other people that don't panic and/or pick up orbs they aren't supposed to.

Yeah the tank swap mechanic isn't that big a deal. Look around so you know where the orbs are, run around and grab three when the current main tank has 15 to 20 seconds on the clock, get into position and voke.

Haven't beaten the fight yet, but so far the Tanking seems simpler than MOG EM, where you had to track the position of certain agro-less enemies constantly, and adjust your position accordingly while making certain you never missed the tank Moogle emnity resets.

Ixian

The Ramuh thing reminds me of people using tank pets in Rift to tank one of the final bosses of a raid because all of his attacks were counted as cleaves, which pets took severely reduced damage from. They just changed the attack to ignore that particular attribute.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah the tank swap mechanic isn't that big a deal. Look around so you know where the orbs are, run around and grab three when the current main tank has 15 to 20 seconds on the clock, get into position and voke.

Haven't beaten the fight yet, but so far the Tanking seems simpler than MOG EM, where you had to track the position of certain agro-less enemies constantly, and adjust your position accordingly while making certain you never missed the tank Moogle emnity resets.

That is how things go in phases 1 and 2.
In phase 3 where 3 orbs are needed for the tank and 3 are needed for the rolling thunder are where things get interesting.

Generally I will negative 1 orb during thunder and possibly a 2nd orb during the next thunder until the other tank can sync up and we can start swapping between thunders again.

Most groups lose it at the beginning of that phase because the tanks don't know how to predict the situations.

Just takes practice, communication, and no missteps.

Hasney

Gah, Frontlines is so great when communication is, not so much when there isn't. I pray to be put on B as it's easier to co-ordinate everything.

As stated earlier, 2 holds is enough IF you control mid. Hate it when the B alliance doesn't shout up about being overrun and I check the map and go "Uhhh, no-one up there?!". Then I try and get half of my team up there and they try and talk me out of it, even though we're behind, the drones are all being taken by Maelstrom and they have one more hold than us. Was being told I'm an idiot for leaving the markets when if we wanted to do that, we may as well have just mandervilled in the outpost.

But, when it all does come together... Good times.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
But it does what it supposes to do, it's a magical AOE, Pets resist magical AOE.

Everything that requires coordination between two or more players it's a big deal in this game, people are not used to it.

It isn't doing what it is supposed to.
The whole point of the attack (Shock Strike) is to do something like 16,000 damage to anything that doesn't have surge protection (buff gained from eating 3 orbs). This attack penetrates Holmgang and Hollowed Ground. It 1 shots anything that doesn't have surge protection. (other than the magical chicken nugget)

The fact that it doesn't do that much damage when Titan doesn't have surge protection shows there is a bug with the code.

Do you have crafting and/or gathering classes leveled? First tab is turn-ins you can craft. if you have no crafting classes, no turn-ins will ever be available. Second tab is for items you can gather. No gathering classes, nothing will be available there. Third tab is where you'll see the list of equipment you've found that can be turned in for seals, and that doesn't have a daily limit I'm aware of. I believe GC rank also impacts whether or not you can do third tab turn-ins.

Ok thanks, that explains it.

Ken

Why farm Ramuh when you can just farm hunts for sands and oils?

Noi

Incredibly and pleasantly surprised at how nice the Helm of the Divine War is on Miqote after how atrocious the Protector's Barbut was. I'm not the biggest helmet fan, but I can still see myself rocking this for a while.

PczneEJ.jpg

zewone

Yeah I saw that option but what am I supposed to do, just randomly request someone to do it. Wouldn't they want money or something?

Ask someone in your FC to do it. If you're in the GAF FC, it shouldn't even be an issue.

But, otherwise, yes, asking a random and tipping them is common.

Watcher

ive been interested in this game for a while. ive never played an MMO. is this game still active? would now be a bad time to start? i dont nkow anyone who plays this game either =/

Sophia

ive been interested in this game for a while. ive never played an MMO. is this game still active? would now be a bad time to start? i dont nkow anyone who plays this game either =/

Very active and now is a great time to start with everyone being hyped for the new patch content.

Watcher

thanks for the replys. ill look more seriously into the game, hopefully i can convince a buddy to play with me cuz im gonna be completely lost

WolvenOne

Why farm Ramuh when you can just farm hunts for sands and oils?

The spear would be a bonus right now, since it'd allow me to both have an Ilvl100 weapons, and to buy an additional piece of armor, on top of that CT2 DRG chest in trying to farm out.

Long term, if I'm going to continue gearing out DRG, I'll need to get the Soldiery Spear, or farm out the T9 spear. So if I can't get it to drop it isn't the end of the world.

Also the PLD Shield and weapon would be nice.

Ken

The spear would be a bonus right now, since it'd allow me to both have an Ilvl100 weapons, and to buy an additional piece of armor, on top of that CT2 DRG chest in trying to farm out.

Long term, if I'm going to continue gearing out DRG, I'll need to get the Soldiery Spear, or farm out the T9 spear. So if I can't get it to drop it isn't the end of the world.

Also the PLD Shield and weapon would be nice.

Isn't that what I told you to do like 2 days ago.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So how do I get back into the GAF free Company on Sargatanas?

Put in a application but haven't seen any response.

Been busying myself unlocking things in my months away. Unlocked and beat the Labyrinth, getting get up, and almost past the average lvl 70 mark.

So how do I get back into the GAF free Company on Sargatanas?

Put in a application but haven't seen any response.

Been busying myself unlocking things in my months away. Unlocked and beat the Labyrinth, getting get up, and almost past the average lvl 70 mark.

That's impressive, I'm i91 and still too scared to try CT.

So I'm thinking of coming back to the game now that 2.3 has dropped. I departed from the game midway through 2.2, I had just gotten my Levi EX weapon drop.

The reason I had left was because I wasn't looking forward to the sold tome cap every week as the myth one from before had somewhat burned me out. I was on Twintania so I couldn't get into 2nd coil either, this was mostly due to lack of a good guild forcing me to always do pugs.

However recently I tried out Wildstar the new mmo that just launched in June, and it had me missing everything FFXIV has to offer, and I figure that now that I've taken enough of a break from the game, that I wouldn't feel burnt out anymore.

I guess what I want to know before I jump on in is what exactly I have missed from mid 2.2 until now. Including what 2.3 had to offer. If anyone could fill me in I'd really appreciate it!

Now that I have finally decided to do my BRD atma books (Since I can't get the last 4 atma to drop so I can do either MNK or WHM) and I find it a little fun. I'm sure I will despise it when it comes to the 3 FATE's, though I got lucky today in the Sylphlands and took care of one. It does give me something to do once my soldiery is capped and I got my ST item for the week.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Why would they? People have used Titan-egi for Leviathan Extreme and there was no issues.

Because people are only looking to do the Titan egi strat now, pushing tanks out of the running for a chance to play. They will just adjust the fight so Titan egi can't survive the cleave is all they need to do.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Did my first run of Aurum Vale today (full GAF run, thanks!). The whole thing went really smooth, but I did die toward the end of the 2nd boss. With him, I am a little confused with dealing with Eye of the Beholder as a tank. Should I be running away from that? I saw a video that said to run, but when I did that once I lost aggro briefly, which is why I think I died, pushing my luck for one more Butcher Block combo to get it back while he was casting 100 Ton Swing. My understanding is that EotB is a 270 degree attack. Is there anything I can do to stay in close during that move so that I can keep aggro locked down?

Scher

Did my first run of Aurum Vale today (full GAF run, thanks!). The whole thing went really smooth, but I did die toward the end of the 2nd boss. With him, I am a little confused with dealing with Eye of the Beholder as a tank. Should I be running away from that? I saw a video that said to run, but when I did that once I lost aggro briefly, which is why I think I died, pushing my luck for one more Butcher Block combo to get it back while he was casting 100 Ton Swing. My understanding is that EotB is a 270 degree attack. Is there anything I can do to stay in close during that move so that I can keep aggro locked down?

You don't run for Eye of the Beholder. It's similar to Dragon's Voice in that it hits in a circle around the boss, with the safe spots being on the boss and far from the boss. Eye of the Beholder also has an aggro reset, so you need to be quick about getting yourself back to the top of the threat list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom