• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Having cleared Ramuh both legit and non-legit way, I've gotta say I will miss the Titan-Egi method. Made the second half of the fight so much less stressful for everyone concerned.

But I got the two rings I really wanted so whatevssss. Might keep farming the fight for the healing right though.

I'm kind of glad higher ilevel gear generally trumps lower ilevels because I couldn't see myself doing this fight or Mog EM possibly forever just for a single drop. I still never got my Inferno Bangles of Striking. :(

1% gonna haunt me forever.

PS - Why am I the only one on Ultros right now? And why did Karen leave the FC?

Found Leech King already - dat HP...wow.

Hasney

1% gonna haunt me forever.

PS - Why am I the only one on Ultros right now? And why did Karen leave the FC?

...Drama?

mia-drama-queen-colucci-o.gif

Oh damn, hunting will be less douchey now when more people will get a chance to hit the mob before it dies. Based Yoshi.

Titan-Egi nerfed into the ground, damn Yoshi works fast lol.

dcye

I'm kind of glad higher ilevel gear generally trumps lower ilevels because I couldn't see myself doing this fight or Mog EM possibly forever just for a single drop. I still never got my Inferno Bangles of Striking. :(

I hate Mog EX, never got my Aiming Ribbon and honestly never wanna go in there again. I really like Ramuh though - I don't really know why. Maybe its just because I learnt it with some good friends and really LOVE the music.

One thing that peeves me about it though is that the rings are damn re-skins of the Garuda ring! What a kick in the teeth, at least give her a beard or something SE!

that's bad luck man. you have your weapon equipped, right? i've spend about 10 hours on my 10th. maybe your first is the bitch.

Yeah, I do. :'(

Was hoping to see something else in the patch notes...

There's a trash pool early on in Tam Tara HM of Diremites that breaks my controls on PS4. I can't select them with x, or cycle through with left or right. Happened all three times on the same pull that I've run the dungeon.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Yeah, I do. :'(

Was hoping to see something else in the patch notes...

There's a trash pool early on in Tam Tara HM of Diremites that breaks my controls on PS4. I can't select them with x, or cycle through with left or right. Happened all three times on the same pull that I've run the dungeon.
That's weird, I can't remember any problems in Tam Tara HM. At least it's only a trash mob and not the DPS check in the final boss.

I hate Mog EX, never got my Aiming Ribbon and honestly never wanna go in there again. I really like Ramuh though - I don't really know why. Maybe its just because I learnt it with some good friends and really LOVE the music.

One thing that peeves me about it though is that the rings are damn re-skins of the Garuda ring! What a kick in the teeth, at least give her a beard or something SE!

In a pinch you can glamour any ribbon that you do have onto any other neck piece for the aesthetics. Each ribbon can be equipped by all jobs, like all the endgame drop accessories.

Oh well, I have no issues with trying to beat it the legit way but I wish I would have had the time to try the cheese way.

They move fast lol

Zomba13

Booooooo at them nerfing Titan-egi in Ramuh. That seemed (not there yet) like a cool alt strategy but noooooo gotta make the fights only work exactly like we say they have to. No experimenting or coming up with cool ideas.

Hope it's just against Ramuh Titan was nerfed and not in general.

meep!

Neo Member
Booooooo at them nerfing Titan-egi in Ramuh. That seemed (not there yet) like a cool alt strategy but noooooo gotta make the fights only work exactly like we say they have to. No experimenting or coming up with cool ideas.

Finding alt strategies sure are fun but in this case you are kind of pushing away tanks who want to do the fight. Why would you bring a tank when you can cheese the fight and bring dps instead. Maybe I'm biasd since I main pld but I wouldn't wanna be rejected cuz a pet would be more effective.

Glad the Hunt marks had their HP buffed. Hopefully we see more fixes soon so other content doesn't feel less rewarding

IvorB

Yeah I don't know what to say. I guess something just clicked in my head that I'm done with this game. It's like what's the point? I guess you could say that for any game, but this was my first MMO and I enjoyed the time I had with it.

Eh it happens. As long as you've enjoyed your time with the game. I get crazy into a game then one day I've just had enough and I move on.

dwix

Ended up double dipping on the PS4 version this morning, and I'm not really sure why. I may end up getting into crafting, as doing that while relaxing on the couch sounds nice.

Any tips or tricks for the PS4 setup?

Zalasta

So let's get done conversation going amongst the desythers. Almost at 85 carpenter myself and only things I am get skill up from are 2 and 3 start furniture.

Is there even any point in capping desynthesis level at 100? As you said there aren't a lot of items that can give you skill up now, which I assume also means that you can reliably desynthesize most things with a high success rate. So at the moment what can you do at 100 that you can't do at 85? It isn't as if having a higher level increases your chance at getting better materials when you desynthesize.

orion434

Someone on Ultros bought up ~ 25 million Gil worth of Mastercraft / Fieldcraft III Demimateria from the market board yesterday. Then made a PF advertisement for crafting various items for less than MB prices.

Yesterday I got 2x Mastercraft & 1x Fieldcraft III, that was out of 8 attempts, about 90 mins of my time... 2 million Gil per hour? I kinda feel sorry for the buyer...

Once the methods of acquiring these Demimateria circulates, what they bought might be worth 5 million in a week. This market will crash HARD!

Every strat that marginalize every job (or two jobs in this case) should be removed. Dosn't make sense I can't find a party for Ramuh, because some stupid strat.

draw4wild

This week went off as planned. Got my welfare UAT from CT2, got my welfare sands from hunts, got my welfare book of spades first week of patch. Now I'll be so good at expert dungeons

Now I can go back to playing casually and just do my expert and trials roulette daily. I'll probably aim for an oil from CT2 for the next 4 weeks.

I'm also contemplating buying a moogle and Levi clear so I can learn Ramuh with everyone else instead of playing catchup after all the learning parties disappear

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there a way you can seprate you cross hotbar(for pad) with your gear sets. I want have some pvp skills for frontlines in place of some skills I won't use in pvp on my set 2 of hotbar but still wanna use them for pve so I can l2+r2 use them instead of manually switching to set 3?
Do you mean a shared cross hotbar that's displayed on all your gear sets? You can set which ones are shared under the hotbar settings.

If you want something like the ability to switch l2+r2 to pvp and pve on the fly you can try writing a /crosshotbar macro that will copy a hotbar to your l2+r2 hotbar.

Jayhawk

I am glad I don't have to spam Contagion anymore before Garuda-Egi ends up using it.

My Titan-Egi is super bummed out today. I will take him to a T5 attempt some day as MT to make him feel better.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, at least one is useful for LB!!

Also seems that the fact hunts have more HP didn't stop the assholery of waiting for ppl...

Of course it won't solve that. The main cause behind people acting that way is due to the rewards being too high for the amount of effort required. SE needs to realize it just wasn't people killing the mobs too fast.

Isaccard

Of course it won't solve that. The main cause behind people acting that way is due to the rewards being too high for the amount of effort required. SE needs to realize it just wasn't people killing the mobs too fast.

It also doesnt solve the dungeon problem, people will still only do hunts in favor of other content.

Hasney

I wish hunts were competitive and only the first party there got seals. At least the whining about waiting would shut up.

And it is just whining now, the juicy drama is gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom