• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is other content that promotes exploration: maps, Atma farming, Animus books, FATEs, quests.

All to set exact areas that at the very least have big map markers that you can just follow. That isn't exploration, or hunting.

Plenty of people don't like the hunt system. You enjoy it, that's fine, but people can have opinions on what should be done to change/improve things all they want. No opinion is "terrible" either.

I'm glad I have your permission, though I don't see the relevance in that statement. Or really any of what you are responding to. I clearly stated that I see people complaining about how they dislike the hunt system as a way to represent the opposing opinion to mine, so are you just repeating what I said? I may have missed the point. I'm sorry if I am coming off a bit strong, that isn't my intention, just stating point of view in the ongoing discussion of hunts. In my opinion many of yours regarding hunts are. Terrible that is. Not wrong, just not to my taste. Do we need to keep splitting words friendly friend?

See, my real beef is that the hunts are nothing but unofficial FATEs. I'm not sure how thats different from people zerging FATEs are since people are just mindlessly combing zones for these things, call them out, meet up and its ZERG TIME. how is this different from the FATE Zergs of 2.0? I meet a lot of people in FATE parties then too. Guess what? That was silly then too.

They represent something different then fates to me. They aren't guided and marked content, and they will continue to provide ongoing flavor to the world. Unless of course they are turned into just another thing that you force the spawn or can't be attacked by/attack unless you are flagged to do it.

aceface

Are you and Choco in the FC's hunt LS yet? Make sure to ask for an LS invite before getting your hunt on. The linkshell and the FC mumble are usually how hunt pop information is shared.

Yeah we're in the LS, just haven't made much use of it yet. I think you invited us lol.

WolvenOne

BTW: an additional reason why I'd like to see additional defensive stats, is because, if I understand it correctly, parry is going to eventually be maxed out anyway.

The stat is basically a Reverse-Crit on incoming damage, and like Crit-Rate, eventually you should reach you'll reach the point on Parry where you're Reverse-Critting about as much as possible, during which point stacking more parry simply won't do you much good.

Granted, you can stack Strength, which will increase the amount of damage you parry, but once we hit that point defensive itemization will essentially be a thing of the past, as far as I understand it.

So adding another defense sub-stat, say, reverse Determination. (Fortitude: decreases incoming damage, increasing incoming healing.) Would make sense by then.

Though I guess they could just, alter how parry works.

IvorB

I like that they put more Odin/Behemoth level fights on the map but I worry about the slowdown that made those fights a little annoying. Can't wait to hunt this weekend. Does anyone know how far I actually have to go in the story to be able to hunt?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Looking over a map of FFIII and Eureka I can see that now. As the four bosses in Eureka are our current 4 bosses of Syrcus tower.

There are still two parts of CT left, though. So perhaps we deal with the four crystal guardians, then the last part deals with CoD and
Nero

They could always have us fight against the fiends from FFIV. That would be cool.

fiends4bat.png

Teknoman

I like that they put more Odin/Behemoth level fights on the map but I worry about the slowdown that made those fights a little annoying. Can't wait to hunt this weekend. Does anyone know how far I actually have to go in the story to be able to hunt?

I wonder how they could adjust the fights to look like actual large scale battles, and not just people standing too close to one another with flurries of lights going off?

I mean I honestly cant think of a way unless the battle was instanced...and that would just defeat its purpose. But as things are now, you still cant see how the enemies look in detail or even their attacks.

They could always have us fight against the fiends from FFIV. That would be cool.

fourfiends.jpg

YES please yes. I'd prefer they have their own dungeon though. We cant just have an extra tower pop up outta nowhere...unless there is an Allagan underground structure aside from Coil. The 4 elemental fiends seem like they'd be more Amdpor for some reason though, so there is that.

I'd love to hear a Soken remix of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aES3Wevrbuo

WolvenOne

According to interviews, there's only 1 part of CT left, not two. So they'll probably just be going into the Void and fighting Cloud of Darkness there.

Fighting a Raid version of the Four Fiends would be awesome, but if they do something along those lines it'd probably be for their next "Casual Raid project," after the expansion. Don't expect it to be either Allagan or Amdapore or whatever though. We'll be getting some new lands to explore in the expansion, so we'll likely get new lore and back story as well.

I think the update this morning changed the Hunts a bit.

I fought a B rank today, and with 12 people there, its took around 40 seconds to a 1 minute to kill em instead of the usual 3-5 seconds.

Looks like they buffed the shit out of the hunt's health.

Wilsongt

I wonder how they could adjust the fights to look like actual large scale battles, and not just people standing too close to one another with flurries of lights going off?

I mean I honestly cant think of a way unless the battle was instanced...and that would just defeat its purpose. But as things are now, you still cant see how the enemies look in detail or even their attacks.

YES please yes. I'd prefer they have their own dungeon though. We cant just have an extra tower pop up outta nowhere...unless there is an Allagan underground structure aside from Coil. The 4 elemental fiends seem like they'd be more Amdpor for some reason though, so there is that.

I'd love to hear a Soken remix of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aES3Wevrbuo

Giant of Babel?

There aren't a whole lot more towers they can erect in the world, unless more are in Ishgard during the expansion. Given that you only encounter the four fiends as a whole once, that's a bit anticlimatic in terms of over arching story. You can always spread them out over four distinct dungeons all with it's own side story.

According to interviews, there's only 1 part of CT left, not two. So they'll probably just be going into the Void and fighting Cloud of Darkness there.

Fighting a Raid version of the Four Fiends would be awesome, but if they do something along those lines it'd probably be for their next "Casual Raid project," after the expansion. Don't expect it to be either Allagan or Amdapore or whatever though. We'll be getting some new lands to explore in the expansion, so we'll likely get new lore and back story as well.

So World of Darkness will be super boss rush with 5 - 8 bosses. Jesus.

Kandinsky

I got yelled at last night for attacking Bloody Mary without waiting for people. I wasn't in a party or anything. She was in my way of my treasure map. I'm not even sorry.

Man I dont get this, so people get angry if you attack a hunt target because they want in, where does it stop then, you wait for 10 people?, 20? 30?, when is ok to attack it?.

rubius01

If I remember correctly, Yoshi was looking over some early proposals for Eureka back when 2.1 came out. I could see Eureka being the next stage.

Sophia

I think the update this morning changed the Hunts a bit.

I fought a B rank today, and with 12 people there, its took around 40 seconds to a 1 minute to kill em instead of the usual 3-5 seconds.

Looks like they buffed the shit out of the hunt's health.

Yup. It was in the patch notes. All hunts have had their HP increased.

If I remember correctly, Yoshi was looking over some early proposals for Eureka back when 2.1 came out. I could see Eureka being the next stage.

The World of Darkness was mentioned in the game itself after you complete the tower. We are definitely going there, regardless if it includes Eureka as a part of it or not.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
All to set exact areas that at the very least have big map markers that you can just follow. That isn't exploration, or hunting.

I'm glad I have your permission, though I don't see the relevance in that statement. Or really any of what you are responding to. I clearly stated that I see people complaining about how they dislike the hunt system as a way to represent the opposing opinion to mine, so are you just repeating what I said? I may have missed the point. I'm sorry if I am coming off a bit strong, that isn't my intention, just stating point of view in the ongoing discussion of hunts. In my opinion many of yours regarding hunts are. Terrible that is. Not wrong, just not to my taste. Do we need to keep splitting words friendly friend?

They represent something different then fates to me. They aren't guided and marked content, and they will continue to provide ongoing flavor to the world. Unless of course they are turned into just another thing that you force the spawn or can't be attacked by/attack unless you are flagged to do it.

You suggested that any dissenters are few and are living in an echo chamber and to me that suggested that they don't matter. And secondly, your earlier post calling my opinions terrible was pretty harsh. You could have simple said, "I don't agree with your opinions" and been done with it.

WolvenOne

Regardless, the current plan is for one more Coil and one more CT. Maybe they'll mash Eureka and World of darkness together, but I rather doubt it.

I think chances are that they decided CT had to be finished up before the expansion. This would explain why they ramped up the pace of the story so much for Syrcus Tower.

Wilsongt

Man I dont get this, so people get angry if you attack a hunt target because they want in, where does it stop then, you wait for 10 people?, 20? 30?, when is ok to attack it?.

There were a rush of about 40 people after I started attacking it. After that, and during my attack, I got several nasty says and emotes. It was right there, I wasn't going to wait, I wasn't using a program, and I just chanced upon it. Why would I wait for half the server for just 5 seals?

Sorian

Banned
There were a rush of about 40 people after I started attacking it. After that, and during my attack, I got several nasty says and emotes. It was right there, I wasn't going to wait, I wasn't using a program, and I just chanced upon it. Why would I wait for half the server for just 5 seals?

Let people know and set a pull time in eorzea time, it's polite and simple. Don't be a dick.

Time limit.

My linkshell is doing this and it's working. It's the best system thus far. Everyone on my server who regularly does hunts, now shout out its coordinates and a time limit on when they are going to attack it, if you aint there in that time limit, its your own fault.

We use 2-3 minutes depending on location at where the mark spawned, some locations take a longer time to get than others. but, no matter where the mark spawns at, you can get to any where on the map within three minutes from the right teleport crystal.

The S rank marks are an exception. We wait till we have enough people. usually 50+ to take em down.

S ranks, you need as many people as possible because of S ranks like Safat in Coerthas, can cause mass hysteria and wipe out an entire group of 50+ people, leaving 4-5 people left to fight em till members respawn.

dark_chris

Few things -
Goody they nerved Titan Egi as intended.
Second - I feel immediately turned off by this hunt thing. Im just getting the jist of how it works. I called out a monster and it was a fate. I got egged on by a bunch of people saying i shouldn't, especially in private tells... Well shit, i didnt fucking know.. People treating me like I SHOULD know. Fuck it. GAF LS is really on edge with this hunt shit. Almost decided to leave. But I'll stick around. Im not putting names out there for who said what, for ill just leave it as so. Maybe it was due to the fact that others were hunting and their hunts weren't going so well.

IvorB

I think Odin/Behemoth levels might be a bit too much but we'll see. It's cool because there is f**k-all reason for me to fight Odin again because all it ever got me was some (admittedly cool) chocobo armour and it's not worth doing it for fun when you can barely get a shot out due to slowdown. So these S-ranks should fill that gap.

ReaperXL7

Let people know and set a pull time in eorzea time, it's polite and simple. Don't be a dick.

Uhh why is it his responsibility to inform anyone else? What if someone stumbles upon a target without realizing it's a hunt mob?

The marks don't belong to the community and the person who finds one should be allowed to do as they please with it.

studyguy

Notorious Monsters as a mechanic are geared towards being exclusionary. It's not an all you can eat buffet of rewards, the target appears for whatever window the game deems it should and the reward can only be spread so thin if such an overwhelming force bumrushes it.

I take no issue with people jumping the gun and downing the target, the fact that XIV lets multiple people take a claim over XI's single party claim style is already more than enough to fix the issue I had. If I don't get there in time, I don't get there in time. If someone is late to the party, tough titties. The community wanted NMs, they got them. Being polite is fine and all, there's nothing wrong with the practice, but getting mad because you didn't get a shot in is absurd.

IvorB

Second - I feel immediately turned off by this hunt thing. Im just getting the jist of how it works. I called out a monster and it was a fate. I got egged on by a bunch of people saying i shouldn't, especially in private tells... Well shit, i didnt fucking know.. People treating me like I SHOULD know. Fuck it. GAF LS is really on edge with this hunt shit. Almost decided to leave. But I'll stick around. Im not putting names out there for who said what, for ill just leave it as so. Maybe it was due to the fact that others were hunting and their hunts weren't going so well.

Drama!!!!

mia-drama-queen-colucci-o.gif

I'm so close to level 50 I can taste it, although the last few levels have felt like a real slog. The story quest momentum drops out pretty much completely after the banquet bullshit and never really comes back.

Zomba13

I think Odin/Behemoth levels might be a bit too much but we'll see. It's cool because there is f**k-all reason for me to fight Odin again because all it ever got me was some (admittedly cool) chocobo armour and it's not worth doing it for fun when you can barely get a shot out due to slowdown. So these S-ranks should fill that gap.

They seriously need to either add more stuff to buy with Odin/Behe things or add new ones. They are a cool big event thing but once you have the stuff from them they are worthless. I just need one more mantle to be done with Odin forever and I'm already done with Behemoth.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Few things -

Man that's pretty shitty. :/ Did it come from within our FC?

studyguy

Just realized the new OT, all I ever hear when the GAF FC is mentioned is drama. It's like The Real World Eorzea up in here. Is there a story I missed during my time out in banspace?

Uhh why is it his responsibility to inform anyone else? What if someone stumbles upon a target without realizing it's a hunt mob?

The marks don't belong to the community and the person who finds one should be allowed to do as they please with it.
thats very true, they dont own anyone anything, they dont have to call out hunts or share their hunts with anyone.

But from the amount of people who's been trolling and deliberately going out of their way to find hunts and kill them so others whos been searching hours for that mark cant get the kill, others will label you also as a troll and call you names and everything under the sun because of the actions of a toxic player.

it has came to that.

There's people who gives false coordinate on purpose to throw off a whole group of people away from the actual hunt location. All trolling. And thus innocent people who mistakenly does the same, will be labeled the same as trolls, based on what's happened in the past with others.

It's why I only hunt with a small group of trusted friends now and we hunt and kill the marks on our own.

The hunt is getting crazy, but now that the updates have changed the marks, it will probably force more people to wait for the marks since they can no longer defeated them by themselves.

Notorious Monsters as a mechanic are geared towards being exclusionary. It's not an all you can eat buffet of rewards, the target appears for whatever window the game deems it should and the reward can only be spread so thin if such an overwhelming force bumrushes it.

I take no issue with people jumping the gun and downing the target, the fact that XIV lets multiple people take a claim over XI's single party claim style is already more than enough to fix the issue I had. If I don't get there in time, I don't get there in time. If someone is late to the party, tough titties. The community wanted NMs, they got them. Being polite is fine and all, there's nothing wrong with the practice, but getting mad because you didn't get a shot in is absurd.

The problem is when one LS has the lock on every A or S hunt. Everyone in Sargatanas knows that one single LS dominates the hunts due to sheer numbers, a lock on S spawn info, knowing kill times and cheating problems. It puts every other player at a terrible, unfair dissavantage.

And that's bad design and is exactly why people didn't want it in the first place when the XI hardnuts where asking for it before release....

Also, one thing, not only mobs has more HP, the eased the rewards so now is easier to obtain. You can kill it at first sight, but waiting a couple of minutes will net you the exactly the same reward as not doing it, so yeah....you have the right to be a dick, but certainly is not because you need to be a dick because otherwise you gonna lose seals like before...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Ugh. This is what really pisses me off about this hunt bullshit. So many people concerned with getting the rewards they're piling garbage on other people if things don't go their way. So stupid. You shouldn't have been treated that way, I'm sorry. :/

aceface

Few things -

I saw that go down as well, people need to calm down about hunts, there's plenty of loot to go around.

Turns me off from hunts a bit as well, I have enough stress in my real life, I don't need it in my fantasy videogame world.

Kandinsky

Few things -

Nasty. Sometimes I feel like in my own little world just crafting and nothing else, I'm sure in the end I'll have to join a LS to experience endgame in all its glory, but maybe I wont lol.

iammeiam

So is the new FC login message due to hunt drama?

So how does one get in the Ultros hunt LS? I've asked on FC chat a few times now.

I can never tell when people ask in FC chat and there's dead air, if they're getting invited or being ignored. I've heard that the LS is full, but we've got somebody a few posts ago encouraging somebody else to ask for an invite so I dunno.

Assuming you can't get into whatever the GAF LS is, your best bet is probably joining a hunt PF and seeing if somebody in one of those can hook you up with theirs. Hunting isn't really an FC unity thing right now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So is the new FC login message due to hunt drama?

I can never tell when people ask in FC chat and there's dead air, if they're getting invited or being ignored. I've heard that the LS is full, but we've got somebody a few posts ago encouraging somebody else to ask for an invite so I dunno.

Assuming you can't get into whatever the GAF LS is, your best bet is probably joining a hunt PF and seeing if somebody in one of those can hook you up with theirs. Hunting isn't really an FC unity thing right now.

FC chat is generally dead now.

Nohar

Well, I guess I won't regret not being able to play for free this week-end. I think I will wait until 2.4. By then, they should have fixed the hunts and the atmosphere should be better (and maybe they will get rid of the lock on end-game content!... Yeah, one can only hope so much). Plus, the Ninja will be playable.

dark_chris

Ugh. This is what really pisses me off about this hunt bullshit. So many people concerned with getting the rewards they're piling garbage on other people if things don't go their way. So stupid. You shouldn't have been treated that way, I'm sorry. :/

Yeah it was a complete wtf moment. I didn't know and I just started learning about hunts today. I was invited into the group and barely 20 mins in that's when it happened.

I saw that go down as well, people need to calm down about hunts, there's plenty of loot to go around.

Turns me off from hunts a bit as well, I have enough stress in my real life, I don't need it in my fantasy videogame world.

Yeah I got turned off completely and logged off to cool off here.

IvorB

They seriously need to either add more stuff to buy with Odin/Behe things or add new ones. They are a cool big event thing but once you have the stuff from them they are worthless. I just need one more mantle to be done with Odin forever and I'm already done with Behemoth.

Yeah Behemoth reward was a big disappointment. I fought him for the first time, got full gold and then couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what junk you get for it.

I really like the Odin fight because even though the whole server is fighting him you still need to stay on your toes or he will kill you, even as a ranged DPS. But those mantles just started piling up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah it was a complete wtf moment. I didn't know and I just started learning about hunts today. I was invited into the group and barely 20 mins in that's when it happened.

Yeah I got turned off completely and logged off to cool off here.

I've passed on your situation to one of the leaders. Hopefully they will message you.

Wilsongt

In my defense, I wasn't looking for hunts, I was doing a map. I turnes shouts off long ago and i bately see much in my hunt ls. It was five fucking seals and some myth. People nees to get over themselves. If It were an a or s, I'd have waited. Not a prebuffed B.

Isaccard

The FC message quoting K'Tai's "Take it to PMs" completely defeats the point of the message. No deserves to/or should be getting blasted in any of our chats nor privately either.

It's fine if you dont want to name names, but I'd report them for harassment.

studyguy

The problem is when one LS has the lock on every A or S hunt. Everyone in Sargatanas knows that one single LS dominates the hunts due to sheer numbers, a lock on S spawn info, knowing kill times and cheating problems. It puts every other player at a terrible, unfair dissavantage.

And that's bad design and is exactly why people didn't want it in the first place when the XI hardnuts where asking for it before release....

Also, one thing, not only mobs has more HP, the eased the rewards so now is easier to obtain. You can kill it at first sight, but waiting a couple of minutes will net you the exactly the same reward as not doing it, so yeah....you have the right to be a dick, but certainly is not because you need to be a dick because otherwise you gonna lose seals like before...

Poor design, absolutely. I don't disagree but unfortunately when the community clamors to have the same excruciating experience they had almost a decade ago, then I can't blame the team for giving them what they want. Moving forward like with everything else I have faith they can adjust and make it serviceable, but as it is, I treat them like I treat NMs. If you're out of luck, you're out of luck. Someone having claim control now doesn't seem any different than the JP shells of XI past which is why I tend to be so ruthless about hunts.

Most boards discussing XIV hunts aren't too far from KillingIfrit level drama now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom