• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

Vvlj1VY.jpg

draw4wild

I can never tell when people ask in FC chat and there's dead air, if they're getting invited or being ignored. I've heard that the LS is full, but we've got somebody a few posts ago encouraging somebody else to ask for an invite so I dunno.

Assuming you can't get into whatever the GAF LS is, your best bet is probably joining a hunt PF and seeing if somebody in one of those can hook you up with theirs. Hunting isn't really an FC unity thing right now.

I thought hunts would finally be something I could do with GAF but it seems to just be another thing I have to do on my own since I'm always greeted with dead air when I ask. It kind of sucks since I've been kicked out of a hunt group once for being in GAF and "ruining hunts for everyone" yet receive none of the benefits

Not seeing the FC chat being dead at all personally, usually plenty of people chiming in imo.

I thought hunts would finally be something I could do with GAF but it seems to just be another thing I have to do on my own since I'm always greeted with dead air when I ask. It kind of sucks since I've been kicked out of a hunt group once for being in GAF and "ruining hunts for everyone" yet receive none of the benefits

Huh, I see a few spots so yeah not sure. Try to get Scything Moon's attention and he can get you in!

GAF FC should be pulling together in times like these. Otherwise what's the point?

Don't let a few bad apples sour the experience, theres quite a few doing hunts that are friendly and having fun with it!

IvorB

GAF FC should be pulling together in times like these. Otherwise what's the point?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Man, I'm about to hit 50 in a couple of days. I hope what with all these people obsessing over hunts that it doesn't impact my ability to find groups for those last few story-related raids (Cape Westwind, Castrum Meridianum, and The Praetorium). I'd really like to at least get to Primal EXs in a timely manner.

zewone

lol, reminds me of someone on mumble saying to boot me from the party last night when I pulled, even though these same people were telling me they didn't want to wait to pull.

if you're not a part of the cool kids, don't do anything.

studyguy

lol, reminds me of someone on mumble saying to boot me from the party last night when I pulled, even though these same people were telling me they didn't want to wait to pull.

if you're not a part of the cool kids, don't do anything.

Most hunt groups I'm in are like Don't pull don't pull!
Then the guy saying that pulls anyway. So fucking whatever.

The shouts that follow are always absurd, WHO PULLED? As if anyone ever cares enough to reply or is even around anymore after a teleport.

Wilsongt

I will stick to my Syrcus Tower/Roulettes/Maps/Beast Tribe Quests/Frontlines for my Myth, Sol, and Oil needs, as well as some pug t7s.

No need to be involved with all of the buttholes for hunts.

Hasney

So is the new FC login message due to hunt drama?

I can never tell when people ask in FC chat and there's dead air, if they're getting invited or being ignored. I've heard that the LS is full, but we've got somebody a few posts ago encouraging somebody else to ask for an invite so I dunno.

Assuming you can't get into whatever the GAF LS is, your best bet is probably joining a hunt PF and seeing if somebody in one of those can hook you up with theirs. Hunting isn't really an FC unity thing right now.

I got in one anyway, cheers :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I will stick to my Syrcus Tower/Roulettes/Maps/Beast Tribe Quests/Frontlines for my Myth, Sol, and Oil needs, as well as some pug t7s.

Pretty much. 7PM needs to come sooner so I can be in coil. Still need to get my CT drop and do my Expert Roulette but those avenues are still super chill.

I'm in a hunt ls just for the call outs but even then the things you said take priority.

Teknoman

FC chat is generally dead now.

Since when?

And im being honest, because on nights when I manage to be able to log on, its constant talk / people asking for help since...well since day one. Unless you're talking about a different time of day or something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Since when?

And im being honest, because on nights when I manage to be able to log on, its constant talk / people asking for help since...well since day one. Unless you're talking about a different time of day or something.

During the day it's been quieter than usual.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Those marks add up! The myth and soldiery rewards are awesome too, especially since the week just reset.

EDIT: I was thinking of a spawn tracking Google spreadsheet for A and S hunts on Ultros, but I don't want to give edit access to everyone. Who wants to share responsibility of posting hunt spawns?
I'll help out. I have the same username on gmail as I do here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't wait until FCs require vouching, history checks and a 30 day grace period.

There were a rush of about 40 people after I started attacking it. After that, and during my attack, I got several nasty says and emotes. It was right there, I wasn't going to wait, I wasn't using a program, and I just chanced upon it. Why would I wait for half the server for just 5 seals?

lol you probably would have gotten less.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm qutting the game if that happens.

TBH with the Atma/Alexandrite and the hunt system, the game is getting closer to XI by the day.

Yoshida needs to stop listening to people asking for XI-style content. This game and that game are two completely different things.

Yoshida needs to stop listening to people asking for XI-style content. This game and that game are two completely different things.

I liked it the direction on 2.0, because he made every effort to go against those people wishes, but in 2.2 and 2.3 he's clearly trying to please that people.

The content was good in the patches, but I feel he's pushing me away little by little with the direction is heading.

studyguy

Bu-but muh rosetint! Muh HNMs, I won't rest until I'm awake at 4AM trying to claim with the 3 other people who woke up bleary eyed for a spawn window that I probably won't get! Oh wait we're already there... right.

I agree though, I love XIV for what it is now, not what it parallels to XI.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I liked it the direction on 2.0, because he made every effort to go against those people wishes, but in 2.2 and 2.3 he's clearly trying to please that people.

The content was good in the patches, but I feel he's pushing me away little by little with the direction is heading.

SE has sort of fallen into this trap with some of their other titles too... where they listen too much to a small group of fans and fail to create content based on their own, personal ideas.

Wilsongt

SE has sort of fallen into this trap with some of their other titles too... where they listen too much to a small group of fans and fail to create content based on their own, personal ideas.

Except Toriyama was already out of ideas when he made XIII.

Bu-but muh rosetint! Muh HNMs, I won't rest until I'm awake at 4AM trying to claim with the 3 other people who woke up bleary eyed for a spawn window that I probably won't get! Oh wait we're already there... right.

I agree though, I love XIV for what it is now, not what it parallels to XI.

Not gonna lie. Hunting in XIV brought me very bad memories of Leaping Lizzy and several other NM's in early XI life.

Burning myself with those was the reason I stopped playing XI, Yoshida is walking a very dangerous line, IMO.

I guess pleasing the most dedicated fanbase is the easy thing to do. Even if their ideas ends on being a way worst game...

WolvenOne

Hunts have already been slowing down a bit the past few days, and they'll slow down a bit more once they add Sands to CT2.

Right now, the only other band aid style fix I can think of, aside from improving the daily reward, is somehow making Sands purchable with Soldiery.

Wouldn't be as lucrative as hunts, but it'd slightly reduce the number of people doing them.

Hunts have already been slowing down a bit the past few days, and they'll slow down a bit more once they add Sands to CT2.

Right now, the only other band aid style fix I can think of, aside from improving the daily reward, is somehow making Sands purchable with Soldiery.

Wouldn't be as lucrative as hunts, but it'd slightly reduce the number of people doing them.

Not on Sargatanas, some people must want i110 gear for all their 9 jobs....

Ketsen

I dunno, FC chat seems more active than the dead periods a week or two before the patch hit. More people online on average, too.

30,000 Alexandrite or bust!

(Awaiting the inevitable next Zodiac step of "find a dozen uncommon newly-added items that randomly drop from hunt mobs" for a new level of amazing.)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm enjoying hunts but only outside of peak times. When it's a small-ish group within our LS finding things through scouting it feels exciting and rewarding but picking scraps from half a dozen competing FCs is tiring.

The high level rewards are ridiculous though. It's great to provide multiple options for how to progress - it's one of my favourite things about the game - but if one method requires a significantly lower investment of time and effort, that's plain broken.

Nothing should detract from dungeons; they're the best content in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom