• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

This spreadsheet could be useful for another reason. The other FCs of any notable size on this server coordinate their Hunters so that people patrol parts of each zone to watch for spawns. Hunters who are online in the LS can sign up to patrol a certain part of a zone, with bigger zones like Coerthas, Central Shroud, and Southern Thanalan divided into areas covered by multiple Hunters. That way GAF can be everywhere at all times watching for pops, when one is spotted the mark can be called in the LS, everyone hunting ports in, we'll kill it, and resume our patrols. As people leave and arrive, they simply add and remove their names from the spreadsheet at an available not covered zone.
Sounds like a lot of boring work. I'll stick to crafting and gathering. Wake me when the A's and S's spawn plz and ty.

Hunts are/were semi-fun in the late hours (1-4AM PDT) the past few days, but it sounds like during peak hours its madness. I'm just tired of running around so much, and if people are using stuff to cheat to find hunt mobs easier, that sucks. Hunt fever seems to be consuming everyone, too.

On another note, our static will need a replacement SMN starting in August, so let me know if you're interested. Really don't want to add missing out on second coil (or forced to resort to pugs) to the list of things that are going wrong in this game lately.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This spreadsheet could be useful for another reason. The other FCs of any notable size on this server coordinate their Hunters so that people patrol parts of each zone to watch for spawns. Hunters who are online in the LS can sign up to patrol a certain part of a zone, with bigger zones like Coerthas, Central Shroud, and Southern Thanalan divided into areas covered by multiple Hunters. That way GAF can be everywhere at all times watching for pops, when one is spotted the mark can be called in the LS, everyone hunting ports in, we'll kill it, and resume our patrols. As people leave and arrive, they simply add and remove their names from the spreadsheet at an available not covered zone.

We have over 500+ people in this FC, there is no reason why we couldn't dominate and control the Hunts on Ultros if we could organize like the smaller but still large FCs like NA and CL. The server already hates us, we could really make them mad if we wanted to.

Because this would solve all of our problems.

Ken

On another note, our static will need a replacement SMN starting in August, so let me know if you're interested. Really don't want to add missing out on second coil (or forced to resort to pugs) to the list of things that are going wrong in this game lately.

Kiripro Ursuletzu has my vote.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
We did two GAF runs of CT2 tonight. I won the Throne Gem and Allagan Tomestone!

K6jBvYg.gif

giphy.gif

Tabris

We're on the cusp of beating T8 and I think we'll be able to beat it later this week or next week once I'm back in town. Ideally we need a SMN who knows how to kite T7 already. If not, we can teach / go through learning runs.

This is getting really silly and the hp buffs just made things even worse.

Anyways, our second day into T7 and we already are getting the boss down to 40 percent, a few more attempts and we should beat it. I hope. I hate being so far behind in terms of gear compared to everyone else...losing the dps war to the BLM and SMN...booo

Ken

We're on the cusp of beating T8 and I think we'll be able to beat it later this week or next week once I'm back in town. Ideally we need a SMN who knows how to kite T7 already. If not, we can teach / go through learning runs.

K'tai Quohn has my vote.

Is there a special sauce that bring the worst of humanity between tank and healers in "the lost city of amdapoor " ?

Is there some hidden code in the game that make people angry ?

or did i have the most unlucky day ever ?

The dongeon isn't even that hard , yet people insult each other i'm baffled .

is there some hidden stupidity that make people forget that some players aren't always fully geared BECAUSE they need tomes to do so ? and that they need to do dongeons in order to get those tomes ?

i'm forced to ask , how do i report bad behavior/insults ? i never had to do until now but i'm sick of insults.

Did i miss a rule that say that you can't try a dongeon or trial until youv'e a full lv 90 gear with a zenith ?

Is there a special sauce that bring the worst of humanity between tank and healers in "the lost city of amdapoor " ?

is there some hidden stupidity that make people forget that some players aren't always fully geared BECAUSE they need tomes to do so ? and that they need to do dongeons in order to get those tomes ?

i'm forced to ask , how do i report bad behavior/insults ? i never had to do until now but i'm sick of insults.

Edit: Look for "desk help" or something there's an option to report for harassment, although it requires quite a bit of info (timestamps and all....)

Did i miss a rule that say that you can't try a dongeon or trial until youv'e a full lv 90 gear with a zenith ?

Some healer got angry because I wasn't blowing up my CD on stone vigil, so he could go cleric stance and spam holy. Obviously the guy hand no idea how a tank work and the cooldown of each my abilities.

There's assholes everywhere is just not common to one dunegon, just report them

Edit: Support Desk, there's an option for reporting harassment. Probably u will be asked to provide quite some info (timestamps mostly....)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

There are people like this in most MMOs. I remember WoW was pretty toxic at its peak with lots of very unpleasant sorts. The funny thing is that these are the same people who will cry that there aren't enough healers and tanks using dungeon finder, after. They can't seem to grasp that their own bad behavior has driven some people to make premades just to avoid the bad seeds in the community.

Seems pointless since the fight only has one DPS check (the melee adds) and pushing DPS too much can result in missed Voice debuffs.

I don't think missing voice has ever been an issue because I manage the Renaud spawns pretty well. Wouldn't an extra DPS just make the fight quicker?

Tabris

if you dps fast enough and phase transition before a voice, you are boned since all the renauds will lose their debuff

They don't stack Renauds, so it's definitely possible. Need to time phase transitions, but you need to time it whether your DPS is high or not.

I would be curious the positioning you use. I haven't tested since OT grabs it, but can you reach the last add with provoke when tanking on the opposite end. Or do you just move Melusine around based on add pops?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We don't use 4 stack method so what is the harm? As long as there is at least one Renaud for shriek I don't see how the rotation could ever matter...

You can miss getting a voice and your frozen renaud will not get a refresh in time... then he will come to smash you.

Or do you just move Melusine around based on add pops?

I don't know. We've never tried it. I think this would be the best way to do it, though. Could preemptively rotate around the outside of the arena since with 5 dps they should go down well before the next spawns. Then provoke most likely wouldn't even be necessary.

Tabris

I don't know. We've never tried it. I think this would be the best way to do it, though. Could preemptively rotate around the outside of the arena since with 5 dps they should go down well before the next spawns. Then provoke most likely wouldn't even be necessary.

You would need to have A, B, C, and "D" way markers so you place the renaud based on where you're tanking for shriek. Lots of things can go wrong with that.

I don't think it's worth saving 2 mins on that fight. Might be worth it for the challenge / fun of it, but I assume you have T9 / Savage mode for that.

iammeiam

Winning a UAT with a mighty roll of 18...

...and then later realizing you'll be 18 tomes short 1300 after hitting sold cap this week (why did I buy gloves. WHY.) RNG occasionally has a sense of humor.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Winning a UAT with a mighty roll of 18...

...and then later realizing you'll be 18 tomes short 1300 after hitting sold cap this week (why did I buy gloves. WHY.) RNG occasionally has a sense of humor.

I have an extra one now... kind of wish I could sell it.

Teknoman

What do you do once you hit 50? About to hit it myself.

THe waits to do main storyline stuff are pretty long with 8-person trials and all that now.

The new story stuff, higher level dungeons, hard mode dungeons, extreme primal battles, hard mode Ultima battle, The binding coil of bahamut, Crystal tower sections, general higher level item grinding, frontlines pvp, etc.

What seems to be the exact issue?

It's mostly people petrifying each other to be honest, but there were at least a couple times we could have won if I didn't shoot the Renaud when it had just been petrified (I.e. I wasn't expecting it and used blunt arrow on reaction to start kiting it). If using summoner at least eliminates those situations then it's probably a good idea.

Ken

It's mostly people petrifying each other to be honest, but there were at least a couple times we could have won if I didn't shoot the Renaud when it had just been petrified (I.e. I wasn't expecting it and used blunt arrow on reaction to start kiting it). If using summoner at least eliminates those situations then it's probably a good idea.

You'd still possibly run into issues like Miasma coming out right after voice, killing the Renaud anyways.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Having just hit lvl 50, to what extent is it worth grabbing stuff from AH to get geared up early on? I'll be running as WAR, so I'm guessing I should make myself as not-squishy as I can sooner rather than later. Before anyone says it, I have no interest in hunts. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom