• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

This is why they need personal garden pots for rooms or something. Pretty annoying how so much of that kind of thing is tied to FC and not individual.

Yup. At this rate, those gardening spots/produce would have to be won in a contest or something to get anything. Either that, or it's leave a big FC to get into a smaller one that guaranteed your gardening spot because a) damn those minions are awesome and b) I really want to raise my choco more.

This is why they need personal garden pots for rooms or something. Pretty annoying how so much of that kind of thing is tied to FC and not individual.

Stuff like the Chocobo Stables and Gardening (and of course house decorating) creates so many problems. It's probably manageable in a small Free Company but impossibly difficult in larger numbers. Thankfully, personal housing is coming soon. I just hope they don't restrict things like gardening and chocobo stables to FC housing only.

I also hope they are careful not to include too many conveniences like market boards, summoning bells, vendors, etc. in the personal housing areas or FC housing will no longer be a place to congregate. It will be dead.

Yup. At this rate, those gardening spots/produce would have to be won in a contest or something to get anything. Either that, or it's leave a big FC to get into a smaller one that guaranteed your gardening spot because a) damn those minions are awesome and b) I really want to raise my choco more.

We are planning to hold some contests soon and prizes will include things like the new minions, private housing rooms, etc.

Hasney

Stuff like the Chocobo Stables and Gardening (and of course house decorating) creates so many problems. It's probably manageable in a small Free Company but impossibly difficult in larger numbers. Thankfully, personal housing is coming soon. I just hope they don't restrict things like gardening and chocobo stables to FC housing only.

I also hope they are careful not to include too many conveniences like market boards, summoning bells, vendors, etc. in the personal housing areas or FC housing will no longer be a place to congregate. It will be dead.

What problem do the stables create? Is there a limit to how many you can put in one?

What problem do the stables create? Is there a limit to how many you can put in one?

I guess the stables don't matter so much. The only problem is that if someone trains your chocobo, it's on cooldown and can't be trained again until the timer expires. I'm not sure if this applies to tending your own personal Chocobo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

There's so many bad game design decisions with this game lately. Feeling like I should only log in to do coil and cap tomes and that's it now.

IvorB

Yea just checked the e-mail myself, bit pricey. Might still go, can't afford the tickets until they go on sale proper anyway.

65 quid is a bit steep for that sort of thing I think. Think I will just stay home and play the game instead. I've got so much catching up to do.

Wilsongt

So you can see retainers in the field now. Nice. Now we'll see a boatload of retainers sitting next to the water as they bring us back clams and gobis.

Edit: Or actively in the process of stealing furniture from other people's houses. Though, my retainer did pilfer me a nice carbuncle table last week...

Hasney

I guess the stables don't matter so much. The only problem is that if someone trains your chocobo, it's on cooldown and can't be trained again until the timer expires. I'm not sure if this applies to tending your own personal Chocobo.

Ah good point about the timer, not sure what happens if someone else feeds it and then you go to. Sounds like an... EXPERIMENT!

So you can see retainers in the field now. Nice. Now we'll see a boatload of retainers sitting next to the water as they bring us back clams and gobis.

Mine keep getting HQ food and materia at the moment. I hope you see them looting corpses for these.

Hasney

If anyones looking for a hotel, I can recommend the lastminute.com secret hotel that's near Wembley. Right on a tube station and £75 with breakfast included and trust me, those sautéed potatoes clear up any hangover even if you'd been drinking for 10 hours and had 3 hours sleep.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, it may take me a while to get up to speed on 8-man content. The tank queue for Camp Westwind was 18 minutes this morning.

orion434

For Bards out there, how would you Materia an HQ Spine of the Vortex Bow? 27 Critical Hit Rate & 12 Determination? Put the Det IV's first cause they cost much more than Crit IV's

Wilsongt

free weekend is this weekend. With all of the lag I have been getting the past week, I look forward to not being able to play.

Oh lawd.

IvorB

Wow, it may take me a while to get up to speed on 8-man content. The tank queue for Camp Westwind was 18 minutes this morning.

The last three story mission aren't exactly great to be honest. Cape Westwinds is cool. But the next mission with the canons really sucks. The final mission you will probably load with a party of speed runners who will leave you behind floundering while you try to keep up. And good luck watching the cut scenes.

Sophia

OH MY GOD I GOT IT. ALMOST 500 FATES LATER AND IT FINALLY DROPPED HOLY CRAP WHAT

ffxiv_07162014_11573610o9d.jpg

brb crying tears of actual joy now that that nightmare is over.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The last three story mission aren't exactly great to be honest. Cape Westwinds is cool. But the next mission with the canons really sucks. The final mission you will probably load with a party of speed runners who will leave you behind floundering while you try to keep up. And good luck watching the cut scenes.

I mostly want the mount. =p I'll be tanking, so I guess the speed runners will be yelling that I'm going to slow. =p

Teknoman

Cant they just let people also have flower pots in their room for smaller yields? And besides, cant you just designate certain FC members as gardeners or stablehands?

I mostly want the mount. =p I'll be tanking, so I guess the speed runners will be yelling that I'm going to slow. =p

Go with your FC if at all possible. Forget that watch cutscenes later noise.

Jayhawk

Just a heads up that the S hunts have started popping, so today is a good day to hunt. Too bad they are popping while I am at work.

iammeiam

How long are the buffed health S-ranks surviving now that a few have popped post-patch? Has there been any noted need for more bodies to combat the larger health pools?

Trying to work out if it's now possible to treat an S-rank like Odin or Behemoth, and grab a quick party when/if widespread notifications go out or if the hardcore LS's will basically burn them so fast as to not make it worth the effort.

Welp after realizing that Hunts are currently the best way to get everything end-game but brings out the literal worst people and that I'm not having any fun (and actually becoming quite irritated) and am being blocked from content due to certain groups I have decided to vote with my wallet and cancel subscription.

I really liked the game before this patch but this is just stupid.

I would love to see the effects this patch has/will have on sub numbers. I know I'm far from the only person to be completely put off by this "content."

dramatis

It's less of a problem with the stables and more of a problem with how chocobo food is tied to gardening. There's a maximum of 3 gardening patches (8 plots each) that can be placed for a large house. Even assuming all 24 plots are firing at full throttle with choco food growing in every plot on grade 3 shroud soil, that's 432 chocobo food every 3 real world days.

If there are 60 chocobos in the stables, that 432 choco food lasts only 7 hours.

IvorB

Wait... what mount? I'm pretty sure I've seen them leave a tank behind. Don't think you even need two for that level. Just stay close.

J-Rod

Hunts have been a complete bust for me. I have 6 seals so far. The different hunt linkshells I've joined seem dead, and not much information is coming through in /sh. I guess the trick is to be in the right FC or ls?

Hunts have been a complete bust for me. I have 6 seals so far. The different hunt linkshells I've joined seem dead, and not much information is coming through in /sh. I guess the trick is to be in the right FC or ls?

Either a very good linkshell is required or you need to be in multiple at the same time (while also in a moderately quick-on-the-scene party).

Also keep in mind that for the most part after As and Ss have popped, things will settle down for hours at a time while most will be keeping the remaining Bs to themselves (often for understandable reasons).

Be lucky or in NA or CL. The GAF hunt LS has been pretty decent but it seems like it may have been infiltrated by people from rival groups. That is the most stupid crap to actually type and shows just what is wrong with all of this.

iammeiam

If there are 60 chocobos in the stables, that 432 choco food lasts only 7 hours.

I didn't realize the gardening yield rate was that low; I'll pull my choco out of the stable when I get home. It's all of rank 2; anybody feeding it is just throwing the roots away at point since the XP gain is so tiny and they can't be grown near fast enough to keep up.

It'd be nice if 2.4 added a greenhouse that could be added to increase gardening capability.

Be lucky or in NA or CL. The GAF hunt LS has been pretty decent but it seems like it may have been infiltrated by people from rival groups. That is the most stupid crap to actually type and shows just what is wrong with all of this.

There's actual spy drama now? Wow.

IvorB

Look what the hunts have done to us.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
lol this is why I still want people to put GAF names in their profile. At any rate, yup that would be best!

Yeah, I play as Paprika Kon. =)

Wait... what mount? I'm pretty sure I've seen them leave a tank behind. Don't think you even need two for that level. Just stay close.

The magitek mount. I think that comes from finishing the quest to do Praetorium.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I still don't know whats going on in the hunt thing. Been back a few days, and just catching up on other things.

Are GAF's 440 some odd members, all from here, or did people open it up to randoms?

Zalasta

Maybe not a big deal any more but solo healed Titan HM yesterday through the Trial DR, it was the first and only run so no echo involved. only got 5 (out of 6 not including the other AFK WHM) commendations though. Helps that people didn't take too much damage from bomb/WOTL.

iammeiam

Last I heard, «PBC» on Excalibur had their entire server on lock and were feeding false information around to plug up leaks and spies (not even joking).

So the health buff really changed nothing then, if people are still having to fiercely guard information. If they'd really pushed to Odin-levels there'd be no reason for this Secret Squirrel BS as even once engaged there's be a decent window to show up and still get credit.

IvorB

Yeah, I play as Paprika Kon. =)

The magitek mount. I think that comes from finishing the quest to do Praetorium.

Really? You definitely get to ride one but if you get issued one after the quest then that's news to me. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: Oh sh*t. What do you know? You do get a mount for that.

Hasney

This spy drama stuff is actually kind of amazing sounding, lol.

It is. You find something and get a few seals, awesome, but hear the shouts of where a hunt supposedly is and it's hilarious drama. IOf you don't take it too serious, it's fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom